The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nakomis has class"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-08-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nakomis has class"
I know it sounds weird, but that girl has some class. Giving CB her picture of her dad without hesitation, was the one of the kindest things I believe I've seen on RTV. Then her remark that "now you have a picture of dad and me" was the best. I think she is perhaps the most intelligent person in the house, and I'd love to see you take it all the way. (or will!)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nakomis has class ipisia 08-08-04 1
   RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-08-04 2
       RE: Nakomis has class ipisia 08-08-04 3
           RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-08-04 4
               RE: Nakomis has class Drive My Car 08-08-04 9
               RE: Nakomis has class motormouth 08-08-04 13
       RE: Nakomis has class cooljb20 08-09-04 14
           RE: Nakomis has class motormouth 08-09-04 15
               RE: Nakomis has class okaychatt 08-09-04 16
               RE: Nakomis has class cooljb20 08-09-04 27
                   RE: Nakomis has class motormouth 08-10-04 30
               RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-10-04 29
 RE: Nakomis has class seahorse 08-08-04 5
   RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-08-04 6
       RE: Nakomis has class seahorse 08-08-04 7
           RE: Nakomis has class Drive My Car 08-08-04 11
               RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-08-04 12
       RE: Nakomis has class okaychatt 08-08-04 8
           RE: Nakomis has class Cookiehahnster 08-09-04 19
           RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-09-04 20
               RE: Nakomis has class motormouth 08-09-04 21
                   RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-09-04 22
               RE: Nakomis has class okaychatt 08-09-04 23
 RE: Nakomis has class BennyBoy 08-08-04 10
   RE: Nakomis has class okaychatt 08-09-04 17
 But since it's an HoH perk... Estee 08-09-04 18
 RE: Nakomis has class Glass 08-09-04 24
   RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-09-04 25
       RE: Nakomis has class Glass 08-09-04 26
           RE: Nakomis has class vixie 08-10-04 28
 But kept the frame!!!! shabalaba 08-10-04 31
   RE: But kept the frame!!!! vixie 08-10-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ipisia 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I like her more and more as well

I used to be in the tattooed, change our names, granola scene as well. Now, when I see someone like that, I think they are full of you know what. But Nakomis I judged too soon.

She's a nice person. Even though I think Cowboy will likely not be as large a part of her life as he suspects (because how can you warm up to a person who is so emotional about finding you, yet plots to screw you over in a game regardless?), I think the photo was an awesome gesture.

It's probably all CB will ever get from her, though. And, i don't blame her.

Anyone think Nakomis was cast on the show first, then they found the DNA connection and put Cowboy on for the twist? it's been puzzling me who was the real person they were looking at, then discovered this convenient little twist potential. Nakomis looks more like a Brittany from season 1, whereas Cowboy doesn't seem compelling enough for them to have outright been looking to solely cast him.

08-08-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Actually I have been wondering all along who set up this arrangement. I mean, did the dad do it? I'm completely blown away by the situation itself. How???

ipisia 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Nakomis has class"
>Actually I have been wondering all
>along who set up this
>arrangement. I mean, did the
>dad do it? I'm completely
>blown away by the situation
>itself. How???

my guess is they both applied for the show, and when casting directors were interviewing them, they discovered the connection, and decided to contact the father to pull this twist.

I am much closer to this situation than most. I grew up knowing I had 2 siblings from my Dad's earlier marriage. I had never met them, but always knew their names and basic stories. When I was 16, my mother gave me a phone number for their uncle. The brother never really turned ino a relationship, but my sister did.

She saw her first photo of our dad at my house, the first day we met.

They never knew I existed, or even what their father looked like. I'm sort of the Jennifer/Nikomis.

My sister turned out to be way better than CB, though.

08-08-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I suspect that my sperm donor (who molested me right out of prison when I was 11) had other children, just never got a chance to meet them. I would've loved to know them (still).He disappeared after telling me once that there was no excuse for imperfection. Lemme tell ya, that is a helluva legacy to leave with a 12 yr old. Years of emotional problems, drug addiction, as well as a severe personality disorder that I didn't overcome until I was 40! I do not use my sperm donor as an excuse, I am fully responsible for my own actions. However, I do recognise the beginning point and cause.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Wow Vixie!
That is huge, and I wish you only the best in life.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-08-04, 06:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Nakomis has class"
*hugs*

*you must be a strong person vix*

cooljb20 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 00:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I read somewhere that when Michael applied to be on BB they did a background check on him and found his dad. They asked his dad to be on BB but he said no but that he has a 21 year old daughter who would like to be on it and thats how it happend.

08-09-04, 04:46 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Wow, that is interesting. I wonder though, if that means Jennifers(Nakomis) dad didn't tell her what he knew prior to her coming in the house. That doesn't seem very kind of him.(if that is true) Thanks for sharing the info cool, & welcome.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-09-04, 06:34 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Nakomis has class"
"didn't tell her what he knew prior to her coming in the house. That doesn't seem very kind of him.(if that is true)"

I agree. He was setting up both his children - not the act of a loving father. That was a matter to be dealt with privately.

Sometimes I wonder whether people's brains function at all when Hollywood is in the picture. Probably made a good story for his best buddies, though.

This should probably be on bashers. I'll hush now.

Sleepless night = Crabby Okay

cooljb20 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I don't know if he knew about it. Maybe the producers didn't tell the father that Michael applied to be on BB. Or BB told the father about it and told him not to tell Jennifer. I don't know.

08-10-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Well, I hope for the sake of his children, he didn't know about it. If the producers 'tricked' him though, I think he would be quite angry at CBS, and so far that hasn't seemed like the case at all.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

08-10-04, 00:21 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Nakomis has class"
My sentiments, exactly mouthie

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Nakomis has class"
While it do think giving Cowboy the picture was nice. I also think it made sense for playing the game.

She undoubtably has many other pictures of her and her dad, but this picture could mean a lot to Cowboy and help her later in the game if the guys get HOH again.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

08-08-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Agreed it was a smart move, but it wasn't something she "had" to do for positioning in the game. She is a pretty good spot right now. I'm just thinking about being sequestered in that house with no contact from your family, etc. That has to be weird and more difficult as the game goes on.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I know she is in good position, but I think it means much more to Cowboy than her at present and she might need a vote down the line.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Nakomis has class"
You're right seahorse, it was a good game move.
But I don't think that is why she did it. It may benefit her later with goodfeelings, but she did it because it was the right thing to do.
It has to be really hard for her to find out about having a brother she never knew of; to have everything she knew about her family be different. That makes you question who you are, who your parents are.
She is handling this well, but it has to have thrown her for a loop. Hard to even know how this is affecting her. She is pretty cool.

The picture wasn't about the game. That is why it was a touching gesture. She doesn't know this man from anyone, but thought enough about his feelings to give him that photo.

It may be good for her game, but I think she did it from the heart.

08-08-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Nakomis has class"
yep, yep, yep. Absolutely agree. And thanks for the props Buggy, alls well that ends well, right? I kinda think of myself as the perfect recipe for me...that includes the bitter with the sweet, and just the right amount of salt(y tears). But I say, bring on the laughs...life is waaay too short.
p.s. The recipe metaphor is particularly apt, since I be a world class cook, and do so for many

08-08-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Nakomis has class"
"being sequestered in that house with no contact from your family"

Yes - that would be the pits. Any time I've been away from home, whether at college or on a trip, I absolutely, positively, had to touch base. Not being able to would be the pits.

There you are, surrounded by people out to get you, and no real, dependable lifeline. How long is the winner in the house, anyway?

Nope - not for me. Not even for a million dollars.

But I sure do get a kick out of watching these peeps give it a try. Adria/Natalie definitely have the edge in that regard. Of course, that's why one or both of them will be gone real soon.

Cookiehahnster 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-09-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Nakomis has class"
How long is the winner in the house, anyway?

Huh?

08-09-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Hey there Okay! Do you mean how many total days is the game/seclusion from start to finish?

08-09-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Hey vixie, your thread went up in flames. *giggle*

*Courtesy of IceCat*

08-09-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Is that a good thing?

08-09-04, 06:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Nakomis has class"
"Do you mean how many total days is the game/seclusion from start to finish? "

Yes. Sorry about the unclear post. No sleep at ALL last night, and I wasn't working on all engines.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-08-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Nakomis has class"
She is definately growing on me. I do think she is playing the game very well, and knows more than we give her credit for. She has a lot of class, and I wish her the best.

08-09-04, 06:36 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Nakomis has class"
I've been impressed by Nakomis (Jennifer) as well. Originally, I thought, "Uh oh - Loony Tunes Tree Hugger Alert," but I have seen the error of my ways.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
18. "But since it's an HoH perk..."
Wanna bet Big Brother takes the picture out of the house when Nakomis' week is up?

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 08:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Hee, I came on from Spoiler's to give a shout out to the Nakomis club out there, and found this thread at the top of the list!
Nakomis was my favourite pick as soon as they all walked in. As a young adult in this day and age I've known a number of Goth style kids who were total and complete losers. In fact, I do believe I have yet to meet one person with that particular style I have been even remotely fond of.
But as soon as she walked in there was something about her. It turns out she's bright, cunning, and can pull off any hairstyle! But best of all, she's chill. She just seems like a really cool, intelligent, relaxed young woman, even surrounded by people like Jase and Scott, and in the weird twist that she is involved in.
Long story short, if there are any other posters out there about Nic and my age, stay away from her! She's my crush!

-Glass.

08-09-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Hey there Glass. Don't you fret none, honey, I'm a bit older (A bit...bwahahahah)(Shut up dog) and I'll get your back should anyone try and horn in on your territory. (Pardon the pun)

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Nakomis has class"
:-D
Thanks Vixie, love your posts back home on Spoilers!

08-10-04, 00:03 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Nakomis has class"
Awwww thanks!

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 02:40 AM (EST)
31. "But kept the frame!!!!"
>I know it sounds weird, but
>that girl has some class.
>Giving CB her picture of
>her dad without hesitation, was
>the one of the kindest
>things I believe I've seen
>on RTV.

I agree it was a nice gesture on her part, however I was surprised when she took it out of the frame. I also think it would have been much "classier" to let him keep the photo with the picture frame. Guess it's just me, but whenever I give a photo to someone 'specially fam., I always give it in the frame because that is how they are best preserved as well as look much nicer. And usually, at least IMHO, it is less likely to end up in a kitchen drawer or stuck in the dresser mirror!!

08-10-04, 03:21 AM (EST)
32. "RE: But kept the frame!!!!"
You are absolutely right. She may have not thought that all the way thru, since she did it right away. I know what you mean about pics in a drawer (or box)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •