The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Robert winning the letter"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-20-03, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Robert winning the letter"
Ok, I'm the first to admit that I'll bash Robert in the bashers section, but I was really happy to see him win his letter, and that Jack was really happy for him, too. I admit that I voted for Robert on the CBS page (I think it is great that they are doing it this way rather than using 1-900's in the past. Maybe AI affected that because they were free.)

I think why I was so happy wasn't so much for Robert as for his daughter. From the stories that Robert told, we have to feel sympathy for the girl (when he was an alcoholic) and feel happy for her (when he cleaned up his act and was able to become a better dad).

Ok, enough sappiness. I'll return to bashers, now.

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Robert winning the letter Majic Mitch 08-20-03 1
 RE: Robert winning the letter Spidey 08-20-03 2
   RE: Robert winning the letter nailbone 08-20-03 3
       RE: Robert winning the letter SurvivinDawg 08-20-03 4
 RE: Robert winning the letter ELICHKA 08-22-03 5
 RE: Robert winning the letter cyclehausen 08-22-03 6
 RE: Robert winning the letter SurvivinDawg 08-23-03 7
   RE: Robert winning the letter cyclehausen 08-24-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-20-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
I agree. It was heartfelt and made for good TV.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
Did you also notice that the first person to congratulate and hug Robert was ERIKA?

I thought this whole "Ex-factor" thing was an awful idea from the get-go, but it was really cool to see Robert and Erika get some closure.

Kudos to all those who voted for Robert. So the right thing to happen!

Ok, that is as sappy as I get. Back to mocking the hampsters...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
One of the funniest things I saw last night was an obvious inconsistency between what's shown in the preview and what actually happened.

In last night's show, there was a convo between E and R where they cleared the air and found that closure you mention. The Robert jokes "so you wanna get back together" and they both crack up.

In the preview commercial for tonight, announcer boy says something about ex's reuniting, and the clip of Robert saying "so you wanna get back together", and it cuts off immediately, so you don't see them laughing about it.

WAY too obvious.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
Well, the producers have taken huge license with their BB show advertising this whole season.

A few weeks ago, they tried using several clips and DR conversations to make it appear that there was going to be a boys v. girls "battle of the sexes" situation developing. Of course, the comments were taken out of context, some which we'd already seen, and there was clearly no boys v. girls. It's been Originals v. Ex's all along.

Then they started commercials showing Erika, Alison and Jun... nothing in particular, just a "the women of big brother house" thing... my point being... not much about what actually *IS* going on in the house...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ELICHKA 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
I THINK IT WAS THE SWEETEST PART OF THE ENTIRE BIG BROTHER 4
TO ADMIT, I SHED A FEW TEARS, MAYBE EVEN A RIVER.
IT WAS VERY SWEET, AND I AM MORE THAN GLAD TO HAVE SAW HIM RECEIVE THAT LETTER. ROBERT IS HOT, THOUGH. \m/

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-22-03, 07:02 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
I thought it was great how they intermixed Rob's receipt of the letter with commentary about him being a male slut, and the supporting clips. His daughter must be so happy now.

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-03, 09:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
Robert has done a lot for his daughter.
1) He has taken responsibility for her. No deadbeat dad here.
2) He stopped drinking for her.
3) If I don't miss my guess, Robert's constant tugging at his nose, and the nose twitching, is a result of Robert's former (possibly heavy) use of cocaine. The inference is that he gave up drugs as well as alcohol for the sake of his daughter.

Okay, so he's a ladies' man. So what? As long as he isn't raping any women...

So let's give Robert kudos for cleaning up his life and doing the best he can for his daughter. If only every other father were so motivated...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Robert winning the letter"
Former use of cocaine? I'd bet my net worth that all those HGs are being spoon-fed snow on a regular basis.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •