The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-09, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
who picked her? you win the pool!

story here

I just read it on CNN.

cq

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... CTgirl 09-09-09 1
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... Snidget 09-10-09 2
   RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... jbug 09-10-09 4
   RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... DoodleBug 09-18-09 10
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... kingfish 09-10-09 3
 Gak, true 09-10-09 5
   RE: Gak, Snidget 09-10-09 7
   ITA udg 09-21-09 11
       RE: ITA YankeeDixieDoodle 10-22-09 12
 Meh. moonbaby 09-10-09 6
   Fixed it. Estee 09-10-09 8
       RE: Fixed it. mindy23 09-11-09 9
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... susang 10-30-09 13
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... Tummy 02-17-10 14
 The heart comes out. Estee 02-20-10 15
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... jbug 02-23-10 16
   RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... mindy23 02-24-10 17
 Waste or time jbug 05-19-10 18
 Ellen starts record label Tummy 05-26-10 19
 RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... Colonel Zoidberg 05-29-10 20
   RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... byoffer 05-31-10 21
       RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol jud... kingfish 06-02-10 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-09, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
Regardless, it's a shame that Fox isn't reverting back to the three-judge format. Four judges seemed to be one too many in Season 8, when many episodes of "Idol" ran long. That was quite irritating.

Word.

Ellen was fun for one show, but a whole season of her?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
While I generally like Ellen and find her funny I was not all that impressed with her as a judge on SYTYCD. She was entertaining, but really didn't bring any constructive critique to the process.

I mean it is nice to have someone that loves everything and is just so damn happy to be there, but it takes up a lot of time.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
I agree Snidge.
While funny, she won't have much to add in the way of real constructive criticism or will know if one is really good.

Ellen will burn a lot of time joking around. They don't have time for that; well, I guess the jokes can fill the time that was allotted to Paula's flirting with Simon.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
Exactly... Wasn't that what Paula was for? We're not really getting anything "new" with Ellen.

I enjoyed Ellen on SYTYCD. Thought she was entertaining. Not sure idol has time to spare though. She'll have to keep it short.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-09 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

This gets the Kingfish seal of approval.

Paula was a joke as a judge, so it's fitting that they replace her (for a few shows?) with a comedian. You see, that was Paula's problem all along, she lacked comedic timing.

Ellen is funny and entertaining, I think that that may improve the show.

Now, if we can only get Paula Poundstone or Margaret Cho to replace Kara....

ETA: Actually, the main reason I like this is that it means that Paula Abdul really isn't coming back. Probably. No last minute deals, no tearful reunions, no backing down at the last moment by the producers, and no more doubt that the behind the scene negotiations are ended. Probably.

Ellen YES! Paula NO!

Ellen has had at least one multi-season sitcom, and her 6 year run as talk show host and multiple awards are a pretty good indication that she can carry the ball as an entertaining fluff judge for Idol. Especially in the final stages when” America” begins making the real judgments. After that point (except for the odd gimmick) the judges hold no power anyway, so why not have a comedian up there?

Heck, why not have a whole panel of comedians…Larry the Cable Guy, Chris Rock, Dave Chappell, Lewis Black, Eddy Murphy...I could go on.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Gak,"
I love Ellen, but as a jidge on SYTYCD her jokes were cringeworthy, longwinded and lame-o.

This is a true shark jumping moment for both AI and Ellen. I just don't see how it can work without becoming totally cheesey. Ellen can't be mean or critical of anyone, and gushing praise and corny jokes will get.old.fast.

As goofy as Paula was on AI, she will be missed, IMO.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gak,"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-09, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "ITA"
Almost.

I won't miss Paula, but Ellen won't be an asset to the show. This could be another season I don't watch.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-22-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ITA"
>Almost.
>
>I won't miss Paula, but Ellen
>won't be an asset to
>the show. This could be
>another season I don't watch.
>
>
>
>Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop
>Shop 2004

>

I won't be watching "Idol" for the same reason I never watch her!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Meh."
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-09 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Just keep swimming swimming swimming.

Not sure how this will be. My initial response truly is meh.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Fixed it."
Just keep singing singing singing

I keep waiting for someone to yell 'Punked!'

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fixed it."
I agree-I still think Aston Kutcher is behind this whole thing, and the first day of AI, someone is going to come out and say 'April Fools' or whatever.

I can't see where there is a 1% chance that Ellen could contribute ANYTHING to this show! NADA, ZILCH!! She is an amazing comedian, seems to be a warm and generous person, but what the heck??

Why not Oprah? Why not Tyra Banks? Why not Conan O'Brien? They all have as much musical knowledge, IMHO to be an AI judge. Heck, I've been a musician for 40+ years, I'd do it for 25% of what they are paying Ellen! And I KNOW when people are being 'pitchy', and I would tell them!! And I wouldn't call anyone 'dawg', either!! This is just ridiculous, to say the least. Makes no sense, and I just see this as possibly the last season of AI.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-30-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
I will watch Season 9 of AI

However, I'm not looking forward to Ellen as a judge, or the return of "Idol Gives Back"

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-17-10, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
I am NOT liking Ellen as a judge. She's starting to really irritate me and I hate that as I like her alot on her talk show.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-10, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The heart comes out."
Ellen, who cares just a bit about what some people have had to go through, is arranging for Angela Martin to receive a recording contract.

Kara, who likes to watch people die slow miserable deaths, will be providing the debut album with a song.

02-23-10, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
I just noticed tonite how big Ellen's ears are - they sorta stick out....

With her success you'd think a hairstylist would give her a better - more becoming style.

Crusin w/ Tribe

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-10, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
OK, taking back (a little) of what I previously said. I really DO think Ellen adds some spark, and really DOES know about stage presence, and longevitiy in the business. Even though I don't think they need 4 judges, if it has to be, I'm ok now with it being her.

Having said THAT, you are SO right, Jbug-those ears are HUGE!! I told my DH the same thing-someone please give that woman a decent hair cut!! LOL

05-19-10, 04:55 PM (EST)
18. "Waste or time"
Didn't want to start a new thread for this....
but can't help thinking every time she opens her mouth....

Has Ellen e.v.e.r not agreed with whatever Randy says about a contestant after they perform?

She's like a magpie; she agrees with & repeats whatever Randy says - after a lame little attempt at a joke.

Seems like all season they always start with Randy & then go down the line.
For once, could they let Ellen go first?
On 2nd thought, I guess not, there would be dead silence cause she wouldn't know what to say. She wouldn't know if the contestant was good or bad.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-10, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Ellen starts record label"
Eleven Eleven

Her first signed artist is a 6th grader from Oklahoma City. He uploaded a performance of him singing Lady Gaga and within 2 weeks got 30 million hits.

Here's a youtube of him performing a piece he wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJX1SvPE4g&NR=1

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-10, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
Ellen is a fine comedian and talk show host.

She has no business being an American Idol judge.

Than again, neither did Paula.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-10, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
Yes, and no, and yes.

Yes - I agree in that Ellen has no experience in the music industry to share with the contestants.

No - Then again, the real judges are the voters at home who have no experience. Ellen is there to represent the home viewers perspective of the contestants.

Yes - then again, the home viewers seem to consistently get it wrong (IMO) as evidenced by the last couple of winners.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-10, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ellen DeGeneres new Am Idol judge"
The so called qualified judges are often boring and quite repetitive. Ellen is original, surprising, and funny. She is often on the mark also with her judging.

I think she added a lot to the show and unlike Paula (and Kara) knew how to interject original comments and witticisms. Paula never understood that she wasn’t very smart or that her actions were buffoonish, and Kara doesn’t know how to vary her comments. Randy and Simon could use help from script writers too.

I think she was a brilliant addition to the panel. After the judges power goes away (except for the power to save one reject) all they are good for is entertainment anyway, and Ellen easily tops the others there.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •