The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Predictions thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-19-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Predictions thread"
What do you think based upon what we've seen so far?? Discuss here.

Who are your faves? Who do you think will make the top 24? Yes, that's 2 different questions. Who will bomb?

Let's track who's doing the best based on the judges comments.

Try to make 3 categories:

Judges Picks:
1. Lisa Tucker - best 16yrold evah!

My Faves:
1. Mandisa - yes, I miss Frenchie.
2. Zachary "Hottie" Smits - hottie.

Will be Cut in Hollywood:
1. Crazy Dave
2. Farmer Garrett

TO BE EDITED LATER

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Predictions thread Ricky 01-21-06 1
 RE: Early Predictions thread Rebel Crown 01-22-06 2
   NOTE Angelfood 01-24-06 3
       RE: NOTE Jadens Mommy 02-12-06 4
           RE: NOTE batts 02-12-06 5
               RE: NOTE Jadens Mommy 02-13-06 6
                   RE: NOTE bentherdunthat 03-08-06 24
 RE: Early Predictions thread YaleGale 02-15-06 7
   RE: Early Predictions thread prosecutor 02-16-06 8
       RE: Early Predictions thread CBailey 02-16-06 9
           His name is... Rebel Crown 02-16-06 11
       RE: Early Predictions thread tamarama 02-16-06 10
 RE: Early Predictions thread geekboy 02-16-06 12
   RE: Early Predictions thread xwraith27 02-16-06 14
   RE: Early Predictions thread YaleGale 02-17-06 19
   RE: Early Predictions thread YaleGale 02-17-06 20
 RE: Early Predictions thread tamarama 02-16-06 13
   RE: Early Predictions thread prosecutor 02-16-06 15
       RE: Early Predictions thread prosecutor 02-16-06 16
       RE: Early Predictions thread ccr1225 02-17-06 17
       RE: Early Predictions thread geekboy 02-17-06 18
           RE: Early Predictions thread prosecutor 02-17-06 21
           RE: Early Predictions thread tamarama 02-17-06 22
               RE: Early Predictions thread shawnar 02-22-06 23
 RE: Early Predictions thread FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-09-06 25
   RE: Early Predictions thread nailbone 03-09-06 27
       RE: Early Predictions thread FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-09-06 29
 RE: Early Predictions thread FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-09-06 26
   RE: Early Predictions thread nailbone 03-09-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-21-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
lol Angel, it is a little early but I agree with you on Lisa Tucker going much farther and Crazy Dave being cut soon (I can't believe he made it in).

I hope Farmer Garrett does ok. He has a good voice, getting over his shyness will be the challenge. I want to be him for your "Be the Idol" game if he lasts that long .

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-22-06, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I don't know their names and can't remember a few others I think may make it, so I can't conform to your parameters . I'll come back and edit to add them if I can.

But I like heavy metal guy with the kids, and the young twins (the ones who took Paula's hand). They were pretty good and they happen to be from my neck of the woods (suburban Detroit) so I'm pulling for them.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-24-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "NOTE"
LOL.

I'm sorry. I never expect anyone to stay within my parameters, they are just suggestions. How you put it was perfectly fine. Its your OPINION that is most important for me to hear. Actually, I prefer to call them by descriptions or nick-names also, I think I'll change it later.

(however, if you want to know the names, I put them in my audition thread).

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-06, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NOTE"
I'm not sure of the name of my favorite to win but you may have mentioned her. She is African-American with short black boppy hair and she sings tremendoulsy with no effort at all.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-12-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NOTE"
I think you're referring to Paris Bennet , who is 17. Go to the American Idol, general discussion forum, and see what I wrote about her under Geekboys 'Young winner this year' thresd. I really like her! I described 11 others that were featured this last show.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NOTE"
Thanks, Batts! I believe Paris is who I'm talking about.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: NOTE"
Paris would be my pick. Holy buckets that little girl has got voice!

YaleGale 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-15-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YaleGale Click to send private message to YaleGale Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
The only one who stands out for me is Taylor Hicks. He the one with white/grey hair. He is so interesting. I can't wait to see him sing a whole song alone. They didn't even feature him last night in the first cut down. I was sooooooo disappointed.

Taylor Hicks
He's my man
He can sing
If anyone can!!!!
Yeah Taylor!!

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-06, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Kevin Covais. The 16 yr. old who Simon says only
grandparents would love. He kinda reminds me of the
guy who does the commercial for the amusement park(can't remember which one) He just makes me smile when I see him.
I hope he makes it to the finals.

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-16-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
There were four that I really liked they were:

Lisa 16 year old
Paris Bennett
Kelly Pickler
and the boy that got stuck in the elevator I can't remember his name, but I hope they go the whole way.

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "His name is..."
Chris Daugherty (sp?). He's my early favorite so far, and I like the rest of your list, too. I can see all 4 going far.

I missed half the show (flipping back and forth from The Games) but caught the end to see who made it, and was surprised to recognize only a few people. Glad to see Chris was included.

Welcome to the boards, CBailey!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-16-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Ya know, I'm sure Kevin is the sweetest kid in the world...and he's on the road to being a singer...but he really doesn't have the chops right now. Not good.

I'm afraid they're setting him up to be the JP/John Stevens muppet that keeps advancing 'cause he's so darn adorable while better singers fall by the wayside.

I think it's almost cruel -- remember the look on John Stevens' face every time he made it through after a poor performance?

The other really young guy, William Makar(?) is a MUCH better singer and performer.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Now that we have the 'Top 24', the "big picture" standouts for me are the boys. As i said in another thread, i think this season will give us guy as the AI winner.

OF the boys, the ones i'm mose interested in watching are :

Taylor Hicks
Chris Daughtry
Will Makar
Bucky Covington

These are 4 that i think are perfectly suited for American Idol.

One other, Bobby Bennett whom i don't recall seeing yet, i'm intrigued to hear him sing because he says his favorite performer is Barry Manilow. That i have to see.

At this point, none of the girls stand out to me. Perhaps that will change in the coming weeks.

geekboy

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-16-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I might be confused among who to vote for for the females. They sorta look a lot like each other. It's only Mandisa who really stands out because she's talented and she's not the model-type that a lot of the other female contenders are.

As for the guys, I think I'm going to like Taylor, Chris, Elliot, and Ace. Although Ace seems vanilla and Taylor kinda annoys me with his jerking movements when he sings.

02-17-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YaleGale Click to send private message to YaleGale Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
>Now that we have the 'Top
>24', the "big picture" standouts
>for me are the boys.
> As i said in
>another thread, i think this
>season will give us guy
>as the AI winner.
>
>OF the boys, the ones i'm
>mose interested in watching are
>:
>
>Taylor Hicks
>Chris Daughtry
>Will Makar
>Bucky Covington
>
>These are 4 that i think
>are perfectly suited for American
>Idol.
>
>geekboy

Geekboy -- this is so WEIRD. I made a list out the other day to post on this thread (just didn't send it). ALL four of your picks are on my list!! I had one more -- Elliott Yamin -- although he was going to be a cross out. I thought he wasn't strong enough to go very far. I also think he would need to get a stage name.

I guess I just love those Southern boys!!!

02-17-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
BTW -- all the videos of their personal interviews (see them at idolonfox.com) are really great for Taylor, Chris and Bucky. I think you can tell a lot about them from what they say.

But Taylor REALLY stands out. He just seems to exude a quiet confidence about being in his own skin. Not trying to say goofy things just to impress the listener. He seems to come with alot of humbleness that comes with experience and also knowing what it's like to be down and out -- but not ashamed of it -- and just keeps on keepin'on. I love him!!

02-16-06, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I still don't know the 24 well enough to do a good list, but some impressions --

I can't believe the "hot" twin is still there. I think there were tons of women who out-sang her. She'll fall before F12 because she can't sing. She kinda coos.

The other women (from what we've seen) seem capable, but so few of them have been memorable so far...we'll see.

As for the guys, I think/hope little Kevin will fall early, and the other young 'crooner' (David Radford? I may be confused.) Neither of them has their own style yet -- Kevin has none, and David(?) has the style of...Vic Damone.

The other really young one is pretty good -- Makar?

Most of the guys look really interesting, but we've seen so little of some of them.

Love Taylor, love the rocker dudes.

02-16-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Why does Paris need to be on AI. Her family knows how to break into the business,at one point they were saying how they even won a grammy. Why take a spot away from someone else who would otherwise not get the chance/exposure?

02-16-06, 11:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I would like to add one more thing. AI has a Paris and a Nicole on this season.heh heh heh

ccr1225 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ccr1225 Click to send private message to ccr1225 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Regarding Paris: Its hard enough to get a record contract for yourself. I am sure that there are many talented people in that family. A record producer would get pretty tired of someone who was trotting in them in one by one. Besides, shes young and probably wants to do it her way.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I predict that Paris is already so full of herself, everyone telling her she was a 'shoe-in' for the final 24. She'll make it to the final 12, and then her ego will balloon, and it will be her downfall.

geekboy

02-17-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Good observation geekboy,I bet you're right. Very Simon Cowell with that prediction.

02-17-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
She can't possibly be as full of herself as Brenna.

And I kinda think that with family in the biz, she may have been raised knowing that it's fickle & difficult -- and you've got to keep your feet on the ground, be a decent person...etc.

Besides, her family are gospel singers -- surely well-known in that circle, but I doubt much of the general population is familiar. So she wasn't raised around superstar celebs.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
So far I'm going with Mandesa and Taylor Hicks. There are a couple more that I like but these are my favorites. I really want to see that girl with the bad attitude go as soon as possible she almosts grates my nerves as much as the twins that got kicked off.

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like the black girl that sang "Redneck Woman." I think she is a sleeper. They are missing her. She sooooo made that song her own. They just aren't ready for her. Then, when she left the country genre and went to Alicia Keyes, it was obvious that she wasn't feeling it and they graded her lower.

She is AWESOME and country is her thang. I wish she would .. since it seems like AI is not ready for her ... I wish she would just go out C O U N T R Y and S-A-N-G some BO-Cephus. But you can't be America's Idol singin' "Why do I drank? Why do I blow smoke? .... it's a family tradition..."

Oh well!

Heck! She could sing something Reba McIntire. Or do something by Rascal Flats ... But, girl, keep that country thang goin'!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
the black girl that sang "Redneck Woman."

Kinnik. She'll be gone tonight.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

03-09-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Dang!

03-09-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
Where is Bucky the twin from? (If that's his name). I came back in the room last week and they were showing brief footage of the main drag of his hometown (somewhere South) and I'd love to eat my way through that town, drive-in after drive-in, cafe after cafe.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Early Predictions thread"
He's from Rockingham, NC.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •