The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"kelly who?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tywanna1973 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-21-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tywanna1973 Click to send private message to tywanna1973 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"kelly who?"
let's face it--if it weren't for american idol would we even know who kelly clarkson is? i wonder what would have happened to her if motown or aretha franklin, or whitney houston didn't want some unknown singing their songs.. this is how she became american idol. for people to say she is the best idol so far is absolutely ridiculous. it's even more ridiculous to down fantasia also for making the mistake of having unprotected sex. i think she show young girls who make that same mistake that your life doens't have to be over and you can still accomplish you dreams even as a single young mother. i don't know who the best idol has been so far. i just know that kelly clarkson should thank her lucky stars that someone wants to sing her songs. she road the back of the r & b songs to get to where she is and then turned rock/pop when she made it and forgot where she came from. i love her voice, but her attitude about this is ugly. she's not attractive enough to catch the eye of record producers without a show like american idol and the nose ring does nothing for her. maybe she should just be grateful and just shut the hell up- she's no christina, who by the way would most likely be flattered to have her songs sand on a show like american idol. because she understand where she gets her bread and butter-- the audience. kelly clarkson should just grow up.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: kelly who? brvnkrz 01-21-06 1
 RE: kelly who? DooWahDitty 01-21-06 2
   RE: kelly who? brvnkrz 01-21-06 3
       RE: kelly who? DooWahDitty 01-21-06 4
           RE: kelly who? brvnkrz 01-21-06 5
 RE: kelly who? StarryLuna 01-24-06 6
 RE: kelly who? anotherkim 01-26-06 7
 RE: kelly who? nailbone 02-16-06 8
 RE: kelly who? redsoxfan 02-16-06 9
   RE: kelly who? LakerLuv 02-16-06 10
       RE: kelly who? redsoxfan 02-17-06 11
 RE: kelly who? Kattrikk 02-22-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: kelly who?"
Kelly was not letting ANYBODY use her songs. Not just AI. But in the meantime, she has now agreed that AI CAN use her music.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-21-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: kelly who?"
I can understand your point of view, but these decisions are usually made by a team of business advisors. There's a good reason for the decision. She's still a new star on the upward zoom. That needs to be taken into consideration.

Also, I'll bet there never really was a problem with AI using the songs. We're all learning bigtime in this age of instant information about the tricks PR people have up their sleeves.

syg by Cyg

01-21-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: kelly who?"
It certainly has gotten her more free publicity, hasn't it?

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-21-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: kelly who?"
methoughts exactly!

Really, it just makes sense, don't it? It's been 3 years and Kelly's people want to remind everyone just how far she's come.
Kelly's so dang nice I doubt she thought of that first. But you never know. Look how she's trashed her look by going all Elvira and blond(e) and such.

Not that I have anything against blond(e)s, mind you.

It's the skinny bod/Elvira eyes that thrash me

01-21-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
5. "RE: kelly who?"
I was all ready to whack you and everything until I read the last line.

I'm a left wing loonie. Yep, that's what I am.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-24-06, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: kelly who?"
You know, I don't think it matters whether Kelly allows them to use her songs or not. Personally, I think anyone who is stupid enough to come in and audition with or even THINK about using a former Idol winner's song in the later rounds is stupid enough to get sued anyway.

Luna's Eclipses

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: kelly who?"

Hmmm. I think if the American Idols powers that be had really WANTED Kelly's songs that badly, they would have kicked up a big enough fuss to get them, but why would they do that? The last thing they wanted is was another Kelly Wannabe to come along and butcher her stuff to close to Kelly's time on the show.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I don't know if I would let them use my songs if I was a songwriter unless it was the later rounds--there's some real butchery there that is almost criminal.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: kelly who?"
for people to say she is the best idol so far is absolutely ridiculous.

Check the charts and the record sales.

it's even more ridiculous to down fantasia also for making the mistake of having unprotected sex.

Who did that?

she's no christina, who by the way would most likely be flattered to have her songs sand on a show like american idol

And you know this how?

BTW, it wasn't Kelly, but her manager types, and it's resolved. I know at least one of the contestants DID sing one of her songs.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: kelly who?"
Kelly clarkson is the only AI winner I've heard on the radio. I never hear anything from Rubin Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, or Carrie Underwood.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: kelly who?"
Ruben and Fantasia are constantly played on Urban Radio. Ruben and Fantasia do not have a large pop audience but they have a huge R&B audience. Some of their non R&B Idol fans may have purchased their CD's, but they mostly rely on the Urban audience for support. I've never heard Clay's songs on the radio and that's because I don't listen to top 40 or pop radio. I know Kelly is a big star, but I have never heard her stuff on the stations I listen too, obviously, because I listen to R&B/Hip Hop stations. So it's a matter of musical taste.Kelly and Clay have pop audiences which are bigger by definiton. My understanding is Carrie has already sold 2 million CDs.

I think it's safe to say that American Idol has proven to the industry that there is untapped talent out there that can sell millions of albums. Clay, Ruben, Fantasia, or Kelly may have had more doors closed, before someone would have taken a real chance on them, if not for AI. None of them LOOK like pop stars and before Idol became a hit, the music industry was all about the total package. What AI proves is there are still people out here who will buy GOOD music and not care if the person singing is a size 2 with perfect features. So I think all the AI champions are pretty successful and some of the runner-ups have also hit it big too. This show is no fluke and it has also earned the respect of the industry as a true talent finder.

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: kelly who?"
I hear Kelly Clarkson on several upstate South Carolina station that play a mix of 80's, 90's, and new songs.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: kelly who?"
>let's face it--if it weren't for
>american idol would we even
>know who kelly clarkson is?

Ummmm...

That's the purpose of the show To discover America's best undiscovered talent.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •