The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

evian 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
I just returned from a short layover in Hawaii and was suprised at first and then appalled at the shameless promotion of "their own, Jasmine Trias" on all of the Hawaii networks. She is seemingly a sweet girl with talent, however her talent is not of the quality or magnitude of the other finalists.
It would be interesting to see where the votes are cast from. I do not believe the other contestants have the backing of their very own state media as Hawaii backs Jasmine.
What scares me now is what if she WINS? She is not an American Idol, just a nice kid with a pleasant voice.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... rjrabbit 05-13-04 1
   RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... managerr 05-13-04 4
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... Lilypad 05-13-04 2
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... thetick 05-13-04 3
   RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... AugustGirl 05-16-04 7
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... HawaiiRaine 05-13-04 5
 Moved... Bebo 05-13-04 6
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... okaychatt 05-16-04 8
 RE: Hawaii's local tv stations prom... shedevil 05-16-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
What you just said combined with the time zone stuff that could give Hawaii 8 hours to vote. That's just wrong!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
Hawaii has only 2 hours to vote. They can only vote for the 2 hours after the show votes there time. However, they have one hour in which they get the phone lines all to themselves, they stop sharing a switch with Alaska after 9:00. So they do have somewhat of an advantage, but not a huge one.

Lilypad 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
I agree Jasmine is a sweet girl and feel she should have the support of her home state. But I think what they are doing is going overboard because she certainly does not have the talent of the other three.

And if we can recognize that fact, she would have been voted off after Tuesday's performance and on Wednesday's show.

I am beginning to smell something rotten about the voting for American Idol. This is the second time this season that a real talent has fallen by the wayside, to keep someone else on with much less talent despite their obvious likeability.

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 02:07 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"

>I do not
>believe the other contestants have
>the backing of their very
>own state media as Hawaii
>backs Jasmine.

You are off your rocker. If you had the misfortune to live near Mantasia as I do, you'd know that local media shamelessly pumping "your" candidate is the way the game is played. (shoot, I just got over Claymania, now I have to put up with this)

Be careful, with not too much more prompting I could give you the mother of all rants on her nauseatingly endless, inescapable local media frenzy. You can't avoid her, no matter how hard you try. I thought I understood the idea behind 'DAW'. You may have thought you understood the idea behind 'DAW'. You didn't, you have no idea of the depths of overexposure that is possible until you have lived near one of these AI losers.

She's doing a local appearance here tomorrow which means even more local media frenzy. It occurs to me also, that with very little prompting I could be persuaded to shoot her. Seriously, if a couple of you will just promise to occasionally visit I'll whack Mantasia and end all this misery. Even if you'll just write once or twice, I could kneecap her Tonya Harding style.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-04, 09:08 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
Seriously, if a couple of you will just promise to occasionally visit I'll whack Mantasia and end all this misery. Even if you'll just write once or twice, I could kneecap her Tonya Harding style.

I have a co-worker who needs to be kneecapped, thetick. Perhaps we can work out a deal?

HawaiiRaine 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-04, 04:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
>I just returned from a short
>layover in Hawaii and was
>suprised at first and then
>appalled at the shameless promotion
>of "their own, Jasmine Trias"
>on all of the Hawaii
>networks.

I think you may think you're watching different channels BUT she's only promoted on the local Fox affiliate. She was only just "shown" on the local news channels of other major channels here because it's news about someone from Hawaii. NOT promoted on "all of the Hawaii networks" like you say.

Don't like the commercials when you were here or if you live here? Change the channel, stop watching tv...your choice America.

And by the way, a friend of mine just said that they have commercials for Diana, too in Georgia.

And let me just say that I'm not a Jasmine fan. And I didn't vote for Jasmine...no matter how many local FOX commercials I "choose" to watch.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 07:19 AM (EST)
6. "Moved..."
from General Discussion to Individual forum.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-16-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
<I do not believe the other contestants have the backing of their very own state media as Hawaii backs Jasmine.>

Hawaii is a tiny state of 1,244,898 people. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill population(Clay Aiken) has 1,036,703. Chicago (Jennifer Houston) 2,896,016.

Just because Hawaii is a state doesn't mean it has a huge population. Many cities have larger populations, and I'd bet the contestants get their share of coverage.

Local media is going to promote its own. I see nothing wrong with that.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Hawaii's local tv stations promote Jasmine"
If you really want to know how much Hawaii is promoting Jasmine check out this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/179.shtml

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •