The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-04 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

'Fantasia is my dawg,' the newly ousted finalist said.

by Corey Moss

"American Idol" took another shocking turn when La Toya London, widely considered a favorite to win the competition, was the ninth finalist eliminated. Simon Cowell criticized the 25-year-old Oakland, California, native for not showing more
personality, but for the most part, the judges praised her all season. Randy Jackson called her elimination a travesty.

MTV: Another shocking week. Again, everyone is coming up with their theories. Do you have a theory that explains why you and Fantasia landed in the bottom two?

La Toya London: Honestly, no, because you don't know, so I don't even dwell on it. I just say, "OK, look toward the future, keep on going."

MTV: One theory is that you and Fantasia have a similar style, so people who might have liked that style had to choose between the two of you.

London: There's so many things that could have been the reason, but who knows? We can toss up thoughts all day, but all I know is this is where I am right now, and so I'm just enjoying all of this. I'm excited about my future and can't wait to see where it goes.

MTV: You were the most reserved one of the final four. Do you think that might have hurt you a little bit? Perhaps America wanted to see more emotion.

London: It could have, but, I mean, this is me. I can't change.

MTV: John Stevens said he was taught to just listen when people are giving him constructive criticism. Is that the same with you?

London: Definitely. I feel that if someone's giving you corrective criticism, the best thing you can do is just sit there and listen. Even if it's something that you already know, it's not good to be like, "Yeah, I know. Yeah, I know." It's good to just sit there and listen, because they might say something that you don't know. Just kind of keep your comments to yourself, and whatever you can take and run with, take it. Whatever you can do without, let it go through one ear and out the other. The best thing is just to stay humble.

MTV: How did you feel going into disco week? Was that something you were nervous about?

London: I was excited. Every week I was excited. I'm used to doing a lot of R&B music, a lot of pop music, so with country week, disco week, big band week, I was excited to touch on some of those songs and see how versatile I can be.

MTV: The judges were really upset. Did they talk to you afterward?

London: Yeah, Randy, he just said if I need anything, give him a call. Paula, she was in tears. She just gave me the biggest hug in the world and just was like, "You're a star." And Simon, he just was like, "You have nothing to worry about. You did well." So I definitely had support from them.

MTV: You said we haven't heard the last of you. When we do hear from you again, what can we expect?

London: I don't really want to put a label on it — R&B, pop or anything. I just want to do music that really hits the soul. I love Sade's style, the different musical instruments and the mellow vibe, music that you can just ride in the car and sit with your loved one and make some babies to. ... And you can expect a lot from me. I want to audition for a lot of movie roles. The sky's the limit.

MTV: Are you surprised at all by the remaining three?

London: I think Diana, she's done really well throughout the season at improving. Jasmine too. When I think back on the Pasadena auditions and seeing where they are now, we've all grown a lot. We've learned a lot about cameras, just showmanship onstage. Fantasia, she's already there. She's just the bomb. I'm not surprised to see all of them in the top three. I think they're all wonderful performers.

MTV: A lot of people said Fantasia was the one to beat throughout the season. Did it feel like that?

London: Oh yeah, Fantasia, she's got it going on. So she definitely is the one you've got to try and beat.

MTV: She was really upset too. Did you guys become pretty good friends?

London: Yeah, that's my girl. Fantasia is my dawg. We'll always be that way, and I just want to give her props. We'll definitely see each other after this whole "Idol" thing is over. We'll definitely all be able to just sit back and laugh and just see each other's careers soar.

This report is provided by MTV News

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1487006/20040513/american_idol_12_finalists.jhtml?headlines=true&_requestid=670002

*taken from another article from mtv news*
The main reason the calls are monitored, however, is not to look for clogged networks, but to deter cheating. "Our main concern is that there is now power dialing ," Warwick said of computer programs designed to dial rapidly. When producers suspect power dialing (a human can log more than 500 calls in two hours, so significantly more than that is a red flag), they remove the votes.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is... okaychatt 05-15-04 1
   RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is... shedevil 05-15-04 2
       RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is... Spidey 05-15-04 3
           RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is... shedevil 05-15-04 4
               RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is... pheeann 05-15-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
1. "RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
<When producers suspect power dialing (a human can log more than 500 calls in two hours, so significantly more than that is a red flag), they remove the votes.>

Glad to hear that! If someone is dedicated enough to vote 500 times, she or he is a tad obsessive, but it does require personal exertion. Setting up a computer to power vote smacks of cheating.

Personally, I can't imagine doing either. I do have a life, though after The Apprentice ended, I admit I was drifting. HA!

05-15-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
2. "RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
Just knowing that people are doing that, and that people are getting away with it,how is the voting fair? They can do it for 2 hours straight with different phones numbers. I'm not voting anymore because I don't care anymore. Sure I'll give my opinion on it, and I may not like who leaves every week but I don't care enough anymore to vote.

Just to avoid confusion:my comments above are about people using a computer program to power vote not about people who vote 500 times the right way

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
3. "RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
What will happen now is the poer-dialer folks will just set their programs to dial 500 per hour. They won't get as many through, but it's still computer dialing.

I don't think there is any way to make this "fair." It is what it is.

05-15-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
I think the fair thing to do is to only let the audience vote (one time only).

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: La Toya London Says Fantasia Is The One To Beat On 'Idol'"
I agree, Shedevil. Thanks for posting the interview. I still think your girl, Jennifer, and my girl, LaToya, were the top contenders. I hope to see them do great things

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •