The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-08, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
BRAVO WITNEY !!!

Over the last few years alot of people said this show was fixed
because a Plus-sized model had not won.

Well finally the day is here
Way to go Witney!
You go girl
I am so happy for you.
You deserve it,
and you looked stunning in that hot pink gown.
I look forward to seeing you in ads, and on the runway.

Our two runners up,
will also be great models.

"Great Finally" America's Next Top Model!

What was with Tyra's super thick mascara?
She looked like a racoon..

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Enyo 05-15-08 1
   RE: Now I know this show isn't ... realityshowgeek 05-17-08 11
       RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Snidget 05-17-08 12
 RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Snidget 05-15-08 2
 RE: Now I know this show isn't ... trigirl 05-15-08 3
   RE: Now I know this show isn't ... ginger 05-15-08 4
       RE: Now I know this show isn't ... JessicaRN 05-15-08 5
           RE: Now I know this show isn't ... ginger 05-15-08 6
               RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Enyo 05-15-08 7
               RE: Now I know this show isn't ... toddE 05-16-08 9
                   RE: Now I know this show isn't ... ginger 05-16-08 10
 RE: Now I know this show isn't ... trigirl 05-16-08 8
   RE: Now I know this show isn't ... ginger 05-22-08 13
       RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Magnolia_Rocker 05-22-08 14
           RE: Now I know this show isn't ... Snidget 05-22-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Enyo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Enyo Click to send private message to Enyo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 00:12 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

About two mins before the show started, I clicked on the wrong link on my web browser and came here and saw that Whitney had won, lol. Whoopsies.

I personally don't think it proves the show wasn't fixed. Another way of looking at it is that they were going for controversy and were wanting Whitney to win all along. Honestly, I don't remember there ever being a season where they were so supportive of a plus size girl.

I am curious though.. outside of the prize, who will get more modeling offers, Whitney or Anya? I think Anya. I am also curious how many of the winners have gotten work outside their prize contracts period. Anyone know?

Anyways, I would have chosen Anya. It has nothing to do with being against plus size or anything like that. I just think Anya looks like a model in person and in her pics, and I can see her being in a photo in Vogue, which I can't say about Whitney.

Oh.. also possibly Tyra was trying to represent plus sized-ness after her letting herself go, getting pics taken that made her cry, and wanting to represent that bigger people are pretty too.

Oh #2.. did you see Whitney's stop??? She did do a great job with her runway walk. Really great.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
>
>I personally don't think it proves
>the show wasn't fixed. Another
>way of looking at it
>is that they were going
>for controversy and were wanting
>Whitney to win all along.
>Honestly, I don't remember there
>ever being a season where
>they were so supportive of
>a plus size girl.

I must agree with this statement. This is the first time I believed the show's winner was decided beforehand. Every week they were so critical (justifiable) of Whitney, yet she wasn't booted off. When she was in the bottom two the 2nd time and remained I figured this was the year of the "plus sized model" to win.

>Oh.. also possibly Tyra was trying
>to represent plus sized-ness after
>her letting herself go, getting
>pics taken that made her
>cry, and wanting to represent
>that bigger people are pretty
>too.

Now this line made me laugh out loud. During the finale I believe Tyra made mention of her age being 34. I can only say, I wish I had "let myself go" at 34 like Tyra. Lets see....

1. An internationally known former supermodel.
2. Host of a successful talk show (although not my cup of tea, but to each it's own)
3. Creator and producer of a hit reality show
4. Still considered beautiful at whatever size she is currently.

My God, how tragic...there should be a benefit concert for her. LOL

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Yep, given she is usually listed as being 5'10" tall I think the 165 weight I heard as a "let herself go" is still well in the healthy range for BMI.

At my height you can say 165 is "let go" because I'm short, but at her height it is a lot healthier to be 165 pounds than the below normal BMI you need to have to wear "sample size".

05-15-08, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
I disagree that seeing a particular type of model winning in a given year proves/disproves the show is "fixed".

I do think Tyra et al. have their favorites every year and often the mistakes they make are not seen in the same light as the unfavored ones and they are often praised more than I think they should be. Sometimes we have the same favorite, sometimes we don't.

But that is human nature, not specifically rigging the show to make sure a certain type of model cannot ever win.

I do think Whitney was strong enough to keep bringing it to the competition in ways other plus size models haven't in the past. Usually I do see them fade part way through the competition because it is tough on them in ways that aren't going to be a problem for the typical model types.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
I think it is great. Whitney will get a lot of work....look at Tocora, she did really well after ANTM. Anya will also do well. She is stunning.

At least the fashion show was better. Not like that lame thing in China last year. Still, the fashion shows are not nearly as good as they used to be. They used to be much bigger events.

bouncey by Ice

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-08 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

There are a lot of rumors floating around that Whitney was approached by ANTM, rather than trying out, and they suggested she gain weight for her participation in the show. There are pictures of her MUCH slimmer out there. Not saying this is gospel, but it rings true to moi.

At least this was a better win than Tootie's. I still say Tootie's gotta be Tyra's niece or something. She just sux.

And even though I wanted Anya to win, she would have been another tough voice to hear for a season of "My Life as a Cover Girl." Jaslene and Danielle were bad enough.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-08, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Wow, she looks amazing. She is thin in these pictures, yet healthy and athletic looking. But what about "all of my life the mean girls have made fun of me." She was on Regis and Kelly this morning and was very articulate and had very nice things to say about Anya.

I actually liked Anya better as a model, but her voice was very odd. Although when you think about it, most models are seen and not heard anyway. And even beautiful, gracious Paulina's voice may not have been the best when she first started.

05-15-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
More not-so-plus Whit:

Lovely. Not a plus size. I think the rumors are correct. Fourfour is the site that had the whole scoop initially, I think.

Enyo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Enyo Click to send private message to Enyo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Honestly, I don't know why I watch this show anymore. They should rename it to "America's Next Preselected Top Model With Some Other Girls Who Think They Might Win But They Are Only There For Drama."

I don't think I'm going to watch it next time around. I mean, if Tyra has to make a girl gain weight and then lie about her life struggles because of it just to make her feel better for gaining weight, fine. I'm just not going to watch the rigged show anymore.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-08, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Yeah, I know I sound stupid here, but are you really sure that's Whitney?

Of course, I think last season was "rigged." Maybe this one too. But since it doesn't include viewer voting or contestants voting, it's not a total scandal. I think this trend has definitely gone way up the past three seasons (coinciding with the lame runway shows. compare the cycle 2 or cycle 4 runway shows with more recent ones).

05-16-08, 05:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Well, here's where I got the last shot. You have to scroll a ways but it's worth it because you will see tons of shots of former ANTM contestants, then and now.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23449254.html

When you see the last "skinny Whit" shot I posted next to the face-only picture of her (brunette at the time), I think the conclusion that it is, indeed, Whitney in that last skinny shot. I have no actual idea though - I'm just cruising the web reading about crap reality tv like everyone else.

All reality shows are fixed to some extent at this point. On the other hand, last season's show did such a poor job of justifying the final selection that it made me want to stop watching. And as you know, I've been a huge ANTM fan since its inception. This season felt almost as stilted. It may be time to call it a day.

Of course, they still have to pre-select and Asian winner. Next season?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-16-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
But what about "all of my life the mean girls have made fun of me."

That comment at the end of the show seemed so planted to me at the time. I mean seriously, she is maybe a size 10. She would have been one of the mean girls. I thought at the time she was just playing up what Tyra wanted her to play up but now I am not so sure.

I hate it when my bubble gets burst!

bouncey by Ice

05-22-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
From People:

Thompson, who at size 10 is small for the plus-size market, now has the Top title and -befitting any new celeb-an internet mini-scandal. Photos of her in what bloggers estimate is a size-4 bikini surfaced after her May 14 win. Rumors alleged that a show staffer asked her to put on weight prior to taping. Says a CW network rep: " never asked Whitney to gain weight in order to appear on ANTM." Had they asked, "I wouldn't," says Thompson, adding that the photos "are from tenth grade, when I was a size 6." In college, she went up to a 10. "I've never been a 4." Nor does she aspire to be. "I've gotten so many emails saying, 'I admire your confidence,'" says Thompson. "That's the best reward." -Kristin Mascia

If you are a size 6 in 10th grade and a size 10 in college, why would all those mean mean girls be teasing you?

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
"If you are a size 6 in 10th grade and a size 10 in college, why would all those mean mean girls be teasing you?"

Oh lets give her the benefit of doubt. Maybe all the other girls in her school were like Jaslene? You know, size -100.

My future Rockers!

05-22-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Now I know this show isn't fixed...."
Well a size 6 is a lot larger than it used to be. I couldn't wear a 6 in high school and now I'm starting to get into 8's when I weigh 40 pounds more than then.

That and the standard seems to have changed, a lot, in the last decade.

Even with size inflation a 6 was a thin girl not all that long ago. Now if you are anything over a 2 you are considered fat by a lot of people. I think it was Jennifer Love Hewitt that mentioned how skinny everyone seems to be getting because a lot of times she is the "fattest" one on set and she's usually a size 2 or 4.

Funny how as America as a whole got fatter what is considered stick thin has gotten a lot thinner.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •