The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cycle 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

emmaleigh 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-07, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emmaleigh Click to send private message to emmaleigh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cycle 8"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-07 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-16-07 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

Probably the worst 3 finalists in top model history, but that was a HIGHLY dramacized final ending. my heart even pumped just a little bit slower to. Gotta say it had me. Natasha's kind of crazy. But I think she's genuine.
Jaslene may win because she's the 2nd chance beauty who knows modeling well. Remember her getting cut from getting in the house the prior season, right? anyways, Natasha may win too tho. She takes some of the most sensual and beautiful pictures. I would chose a model with Natasha's look over one with Jaslenes, but I still think Jaz takes dynamic photos-she's good. I can't decide. I think Brittany may have been a better model than all three, really mainly because of versatality. and I thought she was pretty unattractive in Real Time.

In the end tho, America's Next Top Model will not help these girls by giving out front row tickets to them and they way they act in life. We're not supposed to know what a ##### Renee is because that makes her modeling sort of an insult. Models are supposed to be admired, first, for their beauty. But when you know a person is uglier on the inside, their beauty is shamed and you don't admire them as much. Renee wasn't THAT ugly on the inside, I'm not trying to rip into her or anything, but she just made fun of ppl too much to a dumb - not funny anymore, just kinda spiteful - way.

I still think Jaslene's HS weirdo pick is one of the best model photos in all the seasons.

ok. Natasha's skirt falling off. LMAO. I just did. Best thing ever just cuz she was so letting it happen and kicks it off tryinna play it off. lol

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cycle 8 emmaleigh 05-16-07 1
   RE: Cycle 8 agman 05-18-07 12
 RE: Cycle 8 Vixxxen 05-17-07 2
   RE: Cycle 8 mistyrose52 05-17-07 3
       RE: Cycle 8 prosecutor 05-17-07 4
 RE: Cycle 8 trigirl 05-17-07 5
   RE: Cycle 8 amanda11694 05-17-07 6
       RE: Cycle 8 toddE 05-17-07 7
           RE: Cycle 8 chloballa 05-18-07 8
               RE: Cycle 8 Magnolia_Rocker 05-18-07 9
                   RE: Cycle 8 prosecutor 05-18-07 10
                   RE: Cycle 8 Sagebrush Dan 05-19-07 13
           RE: Cycle 8 emmaleigh 05-19-07 14
           RE: Cycle 8 amanda11694 05-22-07 16
 RE: Cycle 8 lindamaher 05-18-07 11
 RE: Cycle 8 ginger 05-21-07 15
   RE: Cycle 8 amea_gari 05-29-07 17
       RE: Cycle 8 ginger 05-29-07 18
           RE: Cycle 8 amanda11694 05-29-07 19
               RE: Cycle 8 ginger 05-30-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-16-07, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emmaleigh Click to send private message to emmaleigh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cycle 8"
Damn. In all honesty I'm a better model than both those girls. So its the Comeback Kid. Who woulda guessed? Who did? I wanna know if anyone called it right and who.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cycle 8"

The talent is awful this year. I really hate this show right now!

I know everything, except the things I don't know

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-07, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cycle 8"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-07 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

What I didn't like about the finale is that it seemed so staged and phoney. Like Tyra paid the designers and the people in the audience to be there. It didn't seem like an authentic fashion show. Why not get them in a show during Fashion Week in New York? That would be a true test up against other top models.

Well I certainly didn't call it right but I haven't been right all season as I thought Brittany would win lol. I agree with your assessment of Brittany...she was an ugly duckling in real time but she was the top model and quite beautiful in all of her pictures. Too bad she was too immature and had a meltdown otherwise she would've been the It girl.

I picked Renee to win because she seemed the MOST PHOTOGENIC of all 3. She was tall as well which models are supposed to be with the exception of Kate Moss (um I guess I'm wrong again). I think the judges had it in for Renee from the getgo because of her personality. I don't know where the "looks old in photos" came from because she didn't look old to me in pics. I just think they gave that reason as an out.

Side note: What was with Renee saying to Natasha "Win it for the mommies" when she was dissing Natasha last week? I don't get that. She should have been rooting for Jaslene. That girl is sooo two faced.

Really what happens to the models after they win? We never hear from them again except when they appear on ANTM or Tyra's other show. We never see them again except for their initial pic with Cover Girl. After that "not a darn thing" because they aren't true models. True models meaning tall, curvy and gorgeous ala Gisele(Jaslene is not). Are they really the next top model...only during the show...that's it.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-17-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cycle 8"
Well, I certainly did NOT even come close in guessing that it would be Jaslene! Although I think she truly deserves this, I agree that other than the Cover Girl Contract, it's all smoke, anyway.

I agree that this contest is all a ruse-other than Adrienne, who is a total outcast, none of the other "Top Models" have been in any of the magazines that I have bought, or any runway shows that I have heard of. Sadly, I really don't think this goes much further than Tyra's little world. And evidentally, Tyra doesn't have a huge amount of clout in the modeling world to get her girls anything once they have been crowned.

She doesn't promise them anything, and I'm sure many have come back to ask WHAT THE HECK after a few years of 'go sees', and not much else. Sad, sad, sad. At least Trump gives a $250K job, and most of them stay with him for a few years....

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-17-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cycle 8"
I picked Jaz to win it though in my post I had a few typos.
I felt it because like I said first latina winner.All the go see people wanted to book her. It was a no brainer.
When Nat's skirt fell off it showed she had a big booty and belly and cellulite that may have sealed her fate.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-17-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cycle 8"
I picked Jas quite some time ago. When it was down to Dionne, Renee, Natash and Jas I thought it was a shoe-in because I cannot see them picking somebody's mother. Call it discrimination, call it whatever you want, it just does not make good business sense.

I also agree with Prosecutor that the Latin community has not been represented by ANTM in the past and it was time.

She'll do well.

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-07, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cycle 8"
I didn't know if it would b Jas or not. I thought that she would make it far in th competiton, after seeing her first photochoot.

I think that it's good that there is a Latina winner of ANTM. Although there has been a Latina girl in about every cycle except for cycles 2 and 7.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-17-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cycle 8"
I know this is beating a dead horse, but technically cycle 2 was won by a Latina. The most beautiful contestant ever on ANTM, Yoanna House, had a Mexican mother.

I was shocked (pleasantly) by Jazlene winning. Natasha was so obviously overweight, yet it was never mentioned. She looked awful. Back when the aforementioned goddess Yoanna was on, they harped about her weight constantly. When no one said anything about her weight gain, I became convinced that she would win.

She just looked horrible in person, and her runway show was also wretched. She did have some nice photos, but that's all. I am so relieved! Jazlene's win almost saved the whole cycle for me.

I don't think they've had good contestants the last 2 cycles. Cycle 2, the whole top 5 was pretty top-notch. Cycle 3, some of those girls have actually worked. Cycle 5 also chock-full of good ones.

Jazlene's photos looked like real ads. She looks like a model in photos and on the runway. She is a toothy toothpick, but she really does seem to be a legitmate model. Good choice, judges!

chloballa 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-07, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chloballa Click to send private message to chloballa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cycle 8"
this is ridiculous, i cannot believe that Jaslene won i think she is honestly the most unattractive, deathly ill looking woman i have ever seen. I dont think anything she would attempt to sell i would ever want to buy she looks like a drag queen and even the judges said so. Natasha was so much better than her, but still they all were terible this season. This show has gone down the tubes anyways, i honestly think that the show picks people on their race or ethnicity they dont always pick the people who should win they pick the people who would be more politically correct to win.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-18-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cycle 8"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-07 AT 08:20 AM (EST)

So I guess next year we will have an asian or middle-eastern winner?

Tribey made me rock!

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cycle 8"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-18-07
>AT 08:20 AM (EST)

>
>So I guess next year we
>will have an asian or
>middle-eastern winner?
>
>
>Tribey made me rock!
>

Now that's a idea, hee hee. Seriously that would be great to see.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-07, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cycle 8"
I'd like to see a transexual enter, just to mess with their minds.

I thought Renee had this in the bag. Doesn't mean she was my favorite (I didn't have any this time around), I just thought she took the best photos and could make the most intelligible commericals of the three.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
—Mark Twain

05-19-07, 03:23 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Cycle 8"
jas does have a great body for runway.

but i'm so glad someone else thinks yoanna was the most beautiful girl so far on ANTM. i picked her to win from the 2nd episode of the season. no lie. she was an incredible beauty of a model.

05-22-07, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Cycle 8"
Jaslene is actually the third ANTM winner of Latina descent. There has been Yoanna and Naima, but Jaslense is the first full latina.

lindamaher 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-07, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindamaher Click to send private message to lindamaher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cycle 8"
Although I picked Renee to win, I think Jaslene deserved it. I think she really rocked that runway. Natasha's skirt coming off was a riot!!!!! I think she could have saved it by putting her hand on her waist...or at least something!!
I am addicted to this show, but I do agree that anyone that wins really doesn't become well known. Except for the cover girl spots during the show. I don't think you can just become a super model...even if you do win a show. I think if you have the talent...I think you would've been there already. Just My Opinion

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-07, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Cycle 8"
I am not surprised by the ending, or that Jaslene won, or even that Nada has a pot belly. But this was a lackluster finale (although the actual walkoff was better than the tragic mess of the "insane wedding march" poor Caridee and Melrose went through). I just rewatched the last half of Cycle 1 and boy, it was so much better....

I am not sure what I want to see them do differently, but the reruns of cycles past should not be so much more entertaining than the current cycles.

And gee, Trya, you did pack on about 75 lbs.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-29-07, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Cycle 8"

Pot belly?
Just...wow. *eyeroll*

05-29-07, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Cycle 8"
It actually looked like an early pregnancy to me, but I thought that might be stirring the pot.

And Tyra has lost 35 lbs in the last three months, so I apologize to Miss Tyra.

05-29-07, 10:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Cycle 8"
I have not really noticed anything about Natasha's belly. I think the reason her belly looks kinda big is because her legs are so much smaller than the rest of her body.

05-30-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Cycle 8"
Hey, yeah! Yeah! That's my problem, too. I'm just so slender that my belly SEEMS big.

*have not worn bikini since age 6*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •