The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random thoughts on Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-12-04, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random thoughts on Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-04 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

I'd like to have Ivana pick some lottery numbers for me - She is the luckiest person I have ever seen. I'm fairly certain she would have been fired tonight for being the least competent of the four Apex members had not Chris opened his big mouth last week and doomed himself.

What is Andy's problem? I don't see anything wrong with Kelly choosing something for himself. Andy's comment was really obnoxious.

Did Wes & Kelly leave a note or something on the car they hit? I thought that accident would come up later somehow. When you rent a truck you usually purchase insurance so I guess any damage was covered in the cost for the truck rental.

I think Trump was being a bit phony when he said he "might" have fired Jen if Chris had brought her in - What would his reasons have been to fire her before Chris or Ivana?

Flyers?!?!?!?! How dumb of an idea is that? What are the chances the person you hand a flyer to will even read it much less be in the market for a wedding dress. What a big waste of pink paper. Didn't any of them think to ask the lady from the Bridal Store who visited their shop how they could best advertise the sale? That woman made every contestant look like an amateur - Trump should hire her as the Apprentice.

Next week looks interesting - the previews seem to suggest that Kelly moves over to Apex. Given his exemption it guarantees that the boardroom is Jen, Ivana and Kevin if they lose - high stakes for all of them. And I'm guessing someone else opens their big mouth when they shouldn't causing Trump to call back the fired employee and fire the moron who opens his/her mouth.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Another thought kidflash212 11-12-04 1
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 smokedog 11-12-04 2
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 DHerder222 11-12-04 3
   RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 smokedog 11-12-04 4
       RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 DHerder222 11-12-04 9
   RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 kidflash212 11-12-04 5
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 phcy 11-12-04 6
   RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 kidflash212 11-12-04 7
       RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 phcy 11-12-04 8
           RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 HistoryDetective 11-12-04 12
               RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 lindan 11-12-04 13
                   RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 HistoryDetective 11-12-04 15
                       RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 phcy 11-12-04 16
                           RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 HistoryDetective 11-12-04 17
           Maybe that was the DontGetMeStarted 11-12-04 18
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 Ricky 11-12-04 10
   don't you think that's why Trump sa... DontGetMeStarted 11-12-04 19
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 lindan 11-12-04 11
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 Nanook 11-12-04 14
 RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10 banzai 11-12-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-12-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
1. "Another thought"
Wes is great salesman, haven't seen much by way of leadership or business skill but he could sell anything - "you look like a princess", "who likes sleeves?" LOL

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-12-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
>I'd like to have Ivana pick
>some lottery numbers for me
>- She is the luckiest
>person I have ever seen.
>I'm fairly certain she would
>have been fired tonight for
>being the least competent of
>the four Apex members had
>not Chris opened his big
>mouth last week and doomed
>himself.

Don't worry, she will be gone very soon (hopefully). Trump has admitted that she is always in the boardroom, likes to talk smack, and that he isn't crazy about her.

>What is Andy's problem? I don't
>see anything wrong with Kelly
>choosing something for himself. Andy's
>comment was really obnoxious.

Agree with you on choosing something for himself. Hey, if I could get a watch in the $10,000 range, I would jump all over it!

>I think Trump was being a
>bit phony when he said
>he "might" have fired Jen
>if Chris had brought her
>in - What would his
>reasons have been to fire
>her before Chris or Ivana?

I think Trump is doing his best to FINALLy get one of these PM's to bring in 3 people to the boardroom.

>Next week looks interesting

I'm looking forward to seeing Jen in tight jeans

DHerder222 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-04, 01:58 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
"I'd like to have Ivana pick some lottery numbers for me - She is the luckiest person I have ever seen. I'm fairly certain she would have been fired tonight for being the least competent of the four Apex members had not Chris opened his big mouth last week and doomed himself."

Seriously. Chris had a point. Five boardrooms!? Either she's insanely lucky, or Trump really does think she could be his apprentice. Bizarre, I know, but Trump *has* made stupider decisions...

"Did Wes & Kelly leave a note or something on the car they hit? I thought that accident would come up later somehow. When you rent a truck you usually purchase insurance so I guess any damage was covered in the cost for the truck rental."

Or maybe they just did a hit and run. It happens all the time with no one ever finding out who did it. I imagine if the truck's owner did manage to track them down as a result of the show, Trump would quietly pay the damages.

"I think Trump was being a bit phony when he said he "might" have fired Jen if Chris had brought her in - What would his reasons have been to fire her before Chris or Ivana?"

True, he was making a point. Like John, Trump was trying to say, "Why bring in this person over this person? You should have brought all of them."

"And I'm guessing someone else opens their big mouth when they shouldn't causing Trump to call back the fired employee and fire the moron who opens his/her mouth."

I'm actually thinking the opposite - After the person is fired, they come back in and tell Trump to shove it or something.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-12-04, 02:05 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
>I'm actually thinking the opposite -
>After the person is fired,
>they come back in and
>tell Trump to shove it
>or something.

This would be awesome! But I'm thinking that Trump would probably edit it out though? Wouldn't want to hurt his image, you know !

DHerder222 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-04, 04:33 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
Nah, I think Trump would recognize it as good TV. After all, I'm sure he's well aware that a good portion of the population doesn't like him anyway.

11-12-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
"I'm actually thinking the opposite -
After the person is fired,
they come back in and
tell Trump to shove it
or something."

I'd love it but who of the remaining contestants would do that? Kelly, Kevin, Jen, Sandy, Wes, and Ivana don't seem to be the type. Maria - that I could see, she seems a bit high strung. Andy? Maybe, I could picture him believing he could talk Trump out of it.

phcy 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-04, 03:05 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
Honestly, I do not think Ivanna is particularly lucky. I think if she were to pick that lottery, you should probably ask her during the episode where she was the PM. She sucked, and yet Bradford took the fall for her.

I think Trump is operating on a system, where he considers what happened in this particular task first. All other things add up of course, but if you do something extremely stupid, or does not live up to what you promise this time, you are gone. I realize that people love to hate Ivanna, but she hasn't actually DONE anything that warrants her departure. We can say that she is hiding under the radar, but the thing is, it is a common trait for the people who are left in the game. (especially in APEX) If you are good at dodging bullets, then you are in the game. I would think the biggest difference between Ivanna and Jen M. is: Jen M. knows when to keep her mouth shut, and Ivanna does not. Also, Jen M. is attractive with her great figure and strange allure to men on the teams.

Anyways, based on that, I would not be shocked if Ivanna is the person fired next time should Apex lose. After all, Trump is tired of her saying unnecessary things. If Mosaic loses for some reason, I think the likely person to go is Maria. She seems to be the kind of person who just says too much for her own good.

Andy, well, he is 22 years old. I would like to think of him as a pure soul. Coming out of a university, he is used to hear prof. saying "good job!" after he makes some witty comment. So to not have that probably makes him a little bit uncomfortable. He is also selfless, so he perceives Kelly's action as selfish. I think it's a natural thing, an older person would not say these kind of comments.

I am beginning to think the prediction about Kelly and Jen M. being the final two being true. After all, Jen M. does have that men magnet thing. Trump, being Trump, probably wants to keep her around. As for Kelly, I don't know. Out of all these people, the only two people who I feel are good are Kevin, and Sandy. Andy is good for a management trainee position. In this episode, I just do not appreciate Kelly that much. He is PM, and yet he does not behave like one. Maria, well, not a lot of integrity with the lying. Who wants to do business with that kind of person? Jen M., well, she should apply for "The Trophy Wife." I think she is a mini-Amy, only not as useful as Amy. Wes, no, attractive guy, but just not good enough. Ivanna, well, I think people have said enough about her.

11-12-04, 03:31 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
"I think Trump is operating on
a system, where he considers
what happened in this particular
task first. All other things
add up of course, but
if you do something extremely
stupid, or does not live
up to what you promise
this time, you are gone."

I agree with you but had not Chris done something stupid last week this team would have all looked equally bad. I think even Trump would have to say that this was a extremely hard task and with Sandy on the other team a near impossible win. He then would have had to look at other factors to make his decision and Ivana's past loss and tendency to make nasty comments unnecessarily in the boardroom would have made her the obvious target. Chris' mouth saved Ivana for another week.

"Andy, well, he is 22 years
old. I would like to
think of him as a
pure soul. Coming out of
a university, he is used
to hear prof. saying "good
job!" after he makes some
witty comment. So to not
have that probably makes him
a little bit uncomfortable. He
is also selfless, so he
perceives Kelly's action as selfish.
I think it's a natural
thing, an older person would
not say these kind of
comments."

I'm not sure I quite get your point, I don't see Andy as selfless and what does his age have to do with him making snarky, nasty comments?

11-12-04, 04:26 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
>"I think Trump is operating on
>
>a system, where he considers
>what happened in this particular
>task first. All other things
>add up of course, but
>if you do something extremely
>stupid, or does not live
>up to what you promise
>this time, you are gone."
>
>I agree with you but had
>not Chris done something stupid
>last week this team would
>have all looked equally bad.
>I think even Trump would
>have to say that this
>was a extremely hard task
>and with Sandy on the
>other team a near impossible
>win. He then would have
>had to look at other
>factors to make his decision
>and Ivana's past loss and
>tendency to make nasty comments
>unnecessarily in the boardroom would
>have made her the obvious
>target. Chris' mouth saved
>Ivana for another week.
>
>

Yes, I feel the same way. I get the feeling that Trump really is looking for a chance to let Ivana go, but people keep on coming forward with suicidal moves to block Ivana from being let go. Honestly, it's a mystery to me why they keep on doing that.

>"Andy, well, he is 22 years
>
>old. I would like to
>think of him as a
>pure soul. Coming out of
>a university, he is used
>to hear prof. saying "good
>job!" after he makes some
>witty comment. So to not
>have that probably makes him
>a little bit uncomfortable. He
>is also selfless, so he
>perceives Kelly's action as selfish.
>I think it's a natural
>thing, an older person would
>not say these kind of
>comments."
>
>I'm not sure I quite get
>your point, I don't see
>Andy as selfless and what
>does his age have to
>do with him making snarky,
>nasty comments?

I see Andy as selfless because he chooses to buy something for his mother instead of himself. So he would think that Kelly, who is a guy, buying something for himself in a jewlery store as selfish. Most of the times when guys go into a store like that, they buy something for their wives, girlfriends, or mothers. But Kelly bought something for himself. I guess coming from a male point of view, it looks kind of selfish. I think when he grows older, he would know that he should not come out and say these kind of things. Some opinions are better left unsaid. After all, who is he to judge other people?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
Was it selfish for the women to buy items for themselves instead of getting a gift for a sister, close friend, mother, or mother-in-law?

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-12-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
On the other hand, just because Sandy and Maria bought something from a Diamond store, how does Andy knows they're buying it for themselves and not for her friends/relatives?

To answer your question, it's definite not selfish for women to buy things for themselves. However, regardless the buyer is a man or woman, buying something for another person does reflect your care and generosity. The prhase 'It's better to give than to receive" can be true. It makes you happy to give such a distinct gift to somebody whom you care about.

Andy may be too harsh to judge Kelly, but he did a great thing by buying a gift for his mom instead of buying something expensive and then selling it right away to earn himself a few quick bucks.

11-12-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
I agree that Andy did a very nice thing by buying a gift for his mother. Had it been me, I would have asked if I could choose three less expensive items instead of one big item - so I could choose a gift for my mother and some sort of matching something for my partner and myself.

My point was to question the double standard that men who buy something for themselves are selfish, but it's fine for women to do so. Kelly worked as hard as anybody else. He deserves to enjoy the reward that the team earned. (Too bad he couldn't get a Rolex Presidential... )

11-12-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
Well, I think it is ok to question that, but remember, we are not discussing why the double standard exist. We are merely seeing the double standard at work. Andy is entitled to his own opinion, and it is a very traditional opinion at that. But it is what he thinks. So I think I would respect that he has his opinion, and perhaps when he becomes a bit older, he would learn not to judge others based on his own standards.

11-12-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
OK, if we're going to insist on coloring inside the lines, I'll change my statement to more directly bash Andy: He is a buttwipe for applying a double standard to his teammates.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-12-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
18. "Maybe that was the "
opportunity to express the sum total of waht he thought about the guy. ??

frankly I'm thinking Sandy is the man not Jen...
whatever, none are worth rooting for....

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-04, 07:37 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
>>Flyers?!?!?!?! How dumb of an idea is that? What are the
>>chances the person you hand a flyer to will even read it much
>>less be in the market for a wedding dress. What a big waste
>>of pink paper.

Yes. And to hand them out at Penn station and Grand Central station! I don't know whose idea that was, but that person should be fired.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-12-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
19. "don't you think that's why Trump said he'd fire Jenn?"
Because she is to stupidly letting people fail. That is where Stacy rules over her, Stacy will go for the team, before falling
a teammate.

uch to all
is that branson show good???

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-12-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
>I'd like to have Ivana pick
>some lottery numbers for me
>- She is the luckiest
>person I have ever seen.
Don't know whether you would want her to pick your lottery numbers. She's so selfish. Even if she's lucky enough to know what will be the winning lottery numbers, she'll very likely keep those numbers to herself (and tell you numbers that are not in her mind) just to make sure that nobody will split the winnings with her.

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
I think Trump is just having a good time watching a b*tch named Ivana sweat in the boardroom every week.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-12-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Random thoughts on Episode 10"
on the "Today" show with Matt Lauer, Chris said that Jenn M & Ivana supposed to advertise with theknot.com .
He & Kevin went out to pass out flyers. At the end of the day, he found out that the girls didn't do it.
Oh well !

See the video at:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6002604/

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •