The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sablebunny 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
I read this in the very early edition of BSAToday. I usually don't copy whole articles into a post like this, but I felt this was too important not to quote in its entirety. I'm certain that this will be on the RTW home page tomorrow...

Avon Calling: No Treats for Trump
NEW YORK (AP) — The cosmetics giant, Avon Corporation, today announced they would suspend all further sponsorship of NBC's The Apprentice. The popular NBC reality show has come under attack due to the unforseen and unjustified firing of favorite contestant, Bradford. The Apprentice is touted as a 15-week job interview wherein contestants vie for a position in one of real estate magnate Donald Trump's many corporations.

A Trump executive (who spoke under condition of anonymity) said that his employer is "a loose cannon. The Donald is unbalanced. We fear for our jobs. He never should have fired Bradford. Who knows who might be fired next? It might be me! Or George!"

Thursday night's episode of The Apprentice drew outrage from popular reality website www.realitytvworld.com, where posters demanded justice. They organized a boycott of all major and minor sponsors of the show. The power this website wields is unimaginable. At least 3 other sponsors are contemplating withdrawing their advertising support.

The Home Depot has sponsored The Apprentice since its first season. Their press agent indicated that they had had doubts about the show for some time now. In the first season, they suspected shoddy workmanship on the set led to an unfortunate plaster injury. Home Depot also sponsors shows like "Trading Spaces" where shoddy workmanship is commonplace, but justifies that by blaming homeowners and "crazy french designers."

Shari's Berries plans to issue a press release Saturday indicating their desire to immediately sever all ties with the Trump Corporation. Sources indicate the release will mention "stains on our company image."

Tsar Nicouli Caviar said the whole thing smells fishy to them and they were talking to their lawyers about pulling their segment of the Saturday night rerun.

NBC and Donald Trump were not available for comment. The show's producer, Mark Burnett, indicated that he would be discussing this issue at some point during one of the next 3 episodes of his other very popular hit TV series, "Survivor," which airs on CBS on Thursday nights right before "The Apprentice."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 yeah..... shakes the clown 09-17-04 1
   Dear Shakes sablebunny 09-17-04 3
       RE: Dear Shakes ARnutz 09-17-04 7
       Dear Bunny.... shakes the clown 09-18-04 9
 LOL Jims02 09-17-04 2
 RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! okaychatt 09-17-04 4
 RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! subman 09-17-04 5
   RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! ARnutz 09-17-04 8
       RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! subman 09-19-04 11
           Subman you are just... ARnutz 09-19-04 13
 RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! Donny is WRONG 09-17-04 6
 RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! Sweater_Puffs 09-18-04 10
   RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! CantStandToLook 09-19-04 14
 RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship! seahorse 09-19-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
1. "yeah....."
...and Clinton Portis is out 8-10 weeks after injuring himself in the weight room.

In other words, supply a link.

sablebunny 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
3. "Dear Shakes"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Love you. Love the spinning head.

Please note that it was a JOKE. Inspired by my utter amazement that so many people could get SO worked up about something so insignificant. And by one poster on the boycott thread who pointed out how insane it would be for Sony (his e.g.) to actually respond in this manner.

You may also note that in the main thread regarding Bradford's ouster, I threw support your way. And that BSAToday is not actually a real publication...yet.

Edited to add that upon investigation, I find that BSA actually stands for Beavercreek Soccer Association. Make of that what you will.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Dear Shakes"
Oh.... thank goodness this was a joke!!! I was wondering why the Boy Scouts of America would have anything to do with this!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-04, 01:49 AM (EST)
9. "Dear Bunny...."
...I didn't even read it, just scanned it for a link and when I didn't see one i did what any intelligent person would, not waste 2 minutes of my life reading it.

BTW, if I kept track of every poster out there who was smart enough to support my opinions I'd end up looking like Rainman counting matches strewn all over the floor.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 10:26 PM (EST)
2. "LOL"
That was great, sablebunny.

I loved these puns:
Shari's Berries plans to issue a press release Saturday indicating their desire to immediately sever all ties with the Trump Corporation. Sources indicate the release will mention "stains on our company image."

Tsar Nicouli Caviar said the whole thing smells fishy to them and they were talking to their lawyers about pulling their segment of the Saturday night rerun.

New TAR5 Game - Place your bets!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-17-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
That'll show 'em. Nice job, sablebunny.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
I used to have a BSA, man I beat the crap out of it all of the time. Nice hoax.

09-17-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
Oh subman... you should not beat the crap out of Boy Scouts of America.... that's just wrong!

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-04 AT 00:12 AM (EST)

On second thought, maybe not...maybe the Brownies more Subman's speed? Maybe Subman knock a few heads together? Think he might need some help though....

09-19-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
13. "Subman you are just..."
hysterical!! I love reading your posts! Keep it up!

Be careful you don't crush the Brownies' cookies!! They are too yummy to waste!

BTW... can I have walnuts on my Brownie? and Hot Fudge? and Vanilla Ice Cream?

Donny is WRONG 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
love it. Love It! LOVE IT!!!! Very cute my friend!

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-04 AT 06:47 PM (EST)

I wouldn't blame vendors for wanting to pull out. Dealing with the candidates is extremely frustrating and demoralizing. This show seems to make almost everyone involved look bad, and the show is getting a reputation.

Parody article aside, I think over time, it will be more difficult to attract good big time vendors. The candidates tend to bark at their customers until they buy, and if the cameras weren't there with the fanfare of the show, it probably wouldn't attract as many customers as they currently do.

$2400 a day for selling ice cream? Not bad. I think I'm in the wrong business. It would be fun to watch the men's team sell cosmetics.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
"Parody article aside, I think over time, it will be more difficult to attract good big time vendors. "

yeah right...I keep forgetting no one's watching this show. No ones posting about how unjust this thing or that is on the show which means the sponsors get no publicity from it.

What is to be learned here is that publicity good or bad is still publicity and these companys that buy commercials or sponsor the show are all about exposure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
If he drew a rainbow, I would have thought he was a twelve-year-old girl.~Debs FLOM Summary

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 01:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Avon Pulls Sponsorship!"
Great job sablebunny.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •