The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editing Stacie J"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MeTee 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editing Stacie J"
My feelings after seeing the extended version of the Apprentice had me thinking. First, what we see on the show is only 20% of reality. Producers are in control of shaping people's perception on some characters based on what they want to share with us. They are hunting for the next Omarosa, and Stacie', for the obvious reasons, fell into their hands. Ivana, who is evil, got a better edit (in the shorter version) but when you watch the extended version its amazing what the producers chopped off to make Stacie look bad. Ivana pretended that she didnt know why Stacie was calling temps...and later admitted assigning her the task...what a sneaky ###tch!!!!
I am disturbed by the way the producers are editing this show and it has me thinking more about this season. Its scripted and its obsessed with creating another villian. And ofcourse she has to be black....right?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Editing Stacie J subman 09-19-04 1
   RE: Editing Stacie J MeTee 09-19-04 2
       RE: Editing Stacie J subman 09-20-04 4
   RE: Editing Stacie J giovanni345 09-20-04 3
       RE: Editing Stacie J subman 09-20-04 5
           Disagree giovanni345 09-20-04 6
               RE: Disagree subman 09-20-04 7
               RE: Disagree ARnutz 09-20-04 9
 RE: Editing Stacie J seahorse 09-20-04 8
 RE: Editing Stacie J jo123 09-20-04 10
   RE: Editing Stacie J frodo2 09-20-04 12
 Locking -- duplicate AyaK 09-20-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
What is so freakin unique about this thread topic that you could not bring yourself to include your comments as part of the ongoing discussion about Stacie J. currently taking place on at least 10 other friggin threads about Stacie J.? If you bothered to participate in a group discussion on this topic you'd determine that your point has already been made (several times).

MeTee 23 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
>What is so freakin unique about
>this thread topic that you
>could not bring yourself to
>include your comments as part
>of the ongoing discussion about
>Stacie J. currently taking place
>on at least 10 other
>friggin threads about Stacie J.?
> If you bothered to
>participate in a group discussion
>on this topic you'd determine
>that your point has already
>been made (several times).

Go eat some cheese.....

09-20-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
Subman (sucker punched) instinctively whirls with a spinning Lomi Lomi back kick, connecting his foot with the punk's jaw...sending the cowardly assailant sprawling across the floor.
Landing back on the floor in a crouched position, Subman rises to his feet (arthritic joints popping like firecrackers), straightens his Raj designer bow tie and snarls "Me....are you talking to me.....well are ya.....peep??

giovanni345 11 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 01:33 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
Subman, what is so freaking difficult for you to understand that he got a different topic? He is is pointing out how the producers filter and distorter the content to shape and develop the character of the partecipants. No one can tell for sure how much is filtered for ratings and how much is reality tv. What we can see with the 12 extra minutes is that Ivana indeed gave Stacie permission to call the temps. Yet you don't see that when the show was on tv on thursday night, what you see instead is Stacie crawling under the table like a spy. She probably was making a phone call under the table because the room was just noisy. Then you see Ivana surprised and upset with the other girls for what Stacie did. That is massive distortion of what was really going on. I don't find that disturbing after all it's a show. Just remember that the producers drama is added to the real one in every episode and Stacie might be much smarter than you

09-20-04, 01:48 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
Subman doesn't need some peep with 7 posts to this forum to tell him the time of day!! The subject, the topic and the incident in question are curently under discussion in another thread. You, and others like you NEW to this board would know this if you BOTHERED to read what has already been posted on this subject before starting another upteenth "Brad was screwed", "Stacie is a Bvtch" thread. Wise up already. Sheesh.

giovanni345 11 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 02:26 AM (EST)
6. "Disagree"

Subman i have 7 posts and you have many many, you can have the last word on this but unlike you many of us do not go trough each and every message on the board. Unlike you we are here for fun, we post something and move on, we have no intention to hurt your feelings or break the rules, but maybe it happened and maybe our posts were not necessary but so wasn't yours about what subman likes. It seems that you are taking this a BIT too seriously, but i do like how you refer to yourself in third person. Is this community keeping you from reaching your true self so you refer to yourself as an entity? Should I pray and kneel toward the mecca before i post you? I am so new please advice. When you see him tell subman to chill up, after 1100 posts is about time to get a life

09-20-04, 03:06 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Disagree"
"Subman i have 7 posts and you have many many, you can have the last word on this but unlike you many of us do not go trough each and every message on the board"

That's obvious. You don't have to...you just scroll down the page and look for one of the many "Trump was wrong/stupid", "Stacie..is..blah..blah" and "Bradford was stupid" threads and pick one that matches up with what you want to say. It's not that difficult. Even you can figure it out.

"Unlike you we are here for fun, we post something and move on, we have no intention to hurt your feelings or break the rules, but maybe it happened and maybe our posts were not necessary but so wasn't yours about what subman likes"

I like to have fun too and before this place was flooded by people like you who ignore the basic rules of posting their comments, this forum was more enjoyable. There is no such thing as an unnecessary post, even yours, but group discussion is made difficult or impossible when each person with a contribution to make insists on starting a repetitive thread on subjects already under discussion. Look at this thread and you'll see it has about 6 total posts and that's all it will have since its a dead end topic. On the other hand, if you bothered to look at what else has beeen posted, you'll see topic threads with more than 100 posts which means real communication is taking place and that's our goal here.

"It seems that you are taking this a BIT too seriously, but i do like how you refer to yourself in third person. Is this community keeping you from reaching your true self so you refer to yourself as an entity? "

I don't consider having basic respect for others and following the rules of a community board to be a trivial matter. Are YOU too important to be a respectful participant here?

"Should I pray and kneel toward the mecca before i post you? I am so new please advice."

Well, that works for me. You're new?? Really??

"When you see him tell subman to chill up, after 1100 posts is about time to get a life "

Chill up?? Okay, Subman will chill up! Since English is obviously your second language I will cut you some slack. However, before you can crack wise in this language, you really should learn what you're talking about.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-04, 08:04 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

Perhaps you and your cohort MeTee should read the "Community Guidelines".

Bashing other posters is not permitted and MeTee already started a Stacie thread way before this one where the topic was already being discussed!

HERE

I, like subman, have also become soooo frustrated with all these duplicate posts... it's completely unnecessary!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 03:34 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
I do not see her as a villain, but I do think she walks to a beat of a different drum from the other girls. She is definitely different from them and they may think her being different means she is an easy target and she will not be around too long.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

jo123 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-20-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
I completely agree with you. We have no idea what is really happening. The producers are trying way to hard to repeat season I, including using Stacie to be the trouble maker. Also, what about the guy with the bowtie? He is so clearly the oddball Sam character. Come-on, it's so stupid, been there, done that, get original already!!!!!!!!!!!!

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Editing Stacie J"
I think everyone is paying too much attention to one trait.

Stacie happens to be black, so people wanted her to be the next Omarosa. Except that she's not, she's a very different person.

Same thing with Raj. Everyone sees him as quirky, so they want him to play the role of Sam, but really, he's very smart and much more reliable.

These new people share a single trait with their predecessors, but we miss out when we close our eyes to the reality of who they really are.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
11. "Locking -- duplicate"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

As subman pointed out, this is a duplicate topic. Locking.

MeTee, what subman said (although I would have put it more politely ) is that your post is good and well-reasoned, but the question of Stacie's editing is being discussed in one (and maybe two) of the other four threads on the front page dealing with Stacie. Thus, we'd appreciate your adding your insights in that thread. Thanks.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •