The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

KishanShah 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-10-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Boring, considering the fact that I was a maniac for this show last year. The only thing I liked was that the went back to the O'Jays for theme song unline the dvds which are so amazingly fruity on menu design/theme song choice. I liked Andy, and hated Raj. I really liked Pamela at the beginning-she seemed like a young Martha Stewart, but can you believe shes only 32!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... mochiba 09-10-04 1
 RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... qwertypie 09-10-04 2
 RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... Arubabound 09-10-04 3
   RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... Captain_Savem 09-10-04 4
       RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... Arubabound 09-10-04 5
       RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... Almaty 09-10-04 6
           RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... KishanShah 09-10-04 7
               RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... Huh 09-10-04 8
                   RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... frodo2 09-11-04 11
   RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... subman 09-11-04 16
 Red pants, two-toned shoes and bow ... Sweater_Puffs 09-11-04 9
   RE: Red pants, two-toned shoes and ... rtrader 09-11-04 10
   RE: Red pants, two-toned shoes and ... subman 09-11-04 17
 RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... frodo2 09-11-04 12
   RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... KishanShah 09-11-04 13
       RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... covertwo 09-11-04 14
           RE: Am i the only one who thinks th... rtrader 09-11-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mochiba 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-10-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
That's so funny you mentioned that she was 32. I was just saying to a co-worker that she gives 32 a bad name. Add 8-10 years and maybe...but 32..no way. Maybe it's the snarl that makes her look older, or maybe it's that damn sweater over the shoulders thing but I have to believe she's either spent the last 30 years (2 years to grow up) in a tanning salon smoking cigarettes..or NBC is lying (no that can't be right....can it)

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Hard to see past the brown noses.....

Welcome to the boards!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Arubabound 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-10-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
I'm sure it will get more interesting as it progresses.

IMHO, MB didn't do a very good job of introducing the players. It's hard to get into it when you don't know what the people are like.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-10-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"

What happened to the introductions in the board room like in the first season? At the end of last night's episode, I felt like I didn't know any of these people, or care to.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved U.C.B. Local #69
"Blood is thicker than water, but that blood is watered down." ~ Nakomis

Arubabound 10 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
>What happened to the
>introductions in the board room
>like in the first season?
>At the end of last
>night's episode, I felt like
>I didn't know any of
>these people, or care to.

Right??? If they don't tell us any of the good stuff they've done, there's not much to like so far!

Almaty 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
>What happened to the
>introductions in the board room
>like in the first season?
>At the end of last
>night's episode, I felt like
>I didn't know any of
>these people, or care to.
>
I agree, didn't they tell us in the first season who these people are and where they came from? It is hard to figure out what they are about from the profiles posted on the NBC site, they all seem the same.

09-10-04, 06:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Yeah I just didn't care for any of them-except that I hate Raj.

Huh 23 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
I love Raj and I think he adds flavor to the show, although he is rather arrogant. I think that this cast is WAY more intense than the last cast. Most of these folks have huge personalities. It's going to be a great season.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-04, 03:42 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
I don't think Raj is arrogant, he's just wildly extraverted and convinced of his own ideas. That's a good type of outgoingness as opposed to Maria, who thinks about nothing except for dominance.

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Factors that may be contributing to the "Suck" factor:
1. Raised expectations from last season
2. Larger cast means it will take longer to make friends
3. Some of the dynamic personalities from last season are noticeably absent so far.
4. Matel really did most of the "heavy lifting" on the first show and we didn't get to see a lot of the same personal screw ups like David trying to run down customers or Sam trying to sell lemonade for $1,000. In other words, a lot of the humour and human interest factors were absent.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
9. "Red pants, two-toned shoes and bow ties suck!"
I think they are equal to if not better than last year's crew. Too soon to tell, but even DT thinks so.

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 01:29 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Red pants, two-toned shoes and bow ties suck!"
I noticed that for the boardroom, our friend Raj wore a traditional business suit and tie. The bowtie, loud pants, and shoes were to draw attention, and he must have been smart enough to realize the boardroom is the place not to draw attention to yourself. Looks like it worked since Pamela skipped over him and brought Andy and Rob back in to face Trump and his cronies.

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Red pants, two-toned shoes and bow ties suck!"
Did you ever hear Trump say that whatever he was pushing was not the newest, biggest, most expensive, or most exclusive? The cast may indeed have better credentials overall, but the larger size and focus on working with large companies may backfire. Does anyone seriously think you design and test market a new toy in one day?

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 03:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
I don't think that the cast is so boring as the footage was. Maybe the production staff is just getting their legs wet after a long break again. I didn't really feel much tension as far as the challenge was concerned.

09-11-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Lemonade was so much better! Sam selling a guy lemonade for a thousand dollars! I didn't enjoy Bradford talking about FOOTBALL GUY!!! It seemed so meh. And for people that thought Raj wore that stuff so that he could get attention for Trump? It worked. Trump thinks hes a loser!!!!!! "You have 2 perfectly good legs." So DT has singled out the first person he doesn't like.

covertwo 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
it seems their purpose is to enroll even cockier participants to supplant the first's success. It could very well be to the show's detriment if not a good-natured one as a Kwame or Troy emerges from the group people can embrace to and support

Also they could well have eliminated the ones who were smart to know the attributes needed to win and ultimately endear to Trump is less on the abrasive side; but the most arrogant are the ones who are chosen and do not associate the elements needed to win but produce in the show's thinking the most dramatics and controversy

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Am i the only one who thinks this cast sucks?"
Someone in another thread brought up an interesting point – that the primary goal of the first group of candidates was to get a job working for Donald Trump. At the time of the first filming, there probably wasn't a strong expectation that the show would become such a hit on TV. Now that the first season was so successful, the second group of candidates may not have (though they would deny it) the main intention of wanting to work for Trump. They see it as a way to be seen on a highly rated TV show, and get some of the perks from that publicity.

Some of the conflicts/intrigues that made the first Apprentice so popular revolved around candidates who would do almost anything to end up working for Trump. Sam and Troy definitely admired (in some cases practically worshipped) Trump and they WANTED the one year apprenticeship. I think the common theme among the entire first group was getting the one year apprenticeship first. I don't think their primary goal was to become celebrities, it just turned out that way given the enormous popularity of the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •