The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Apprentice II and Bill Rancic"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-12-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Apprentice II and Bill Rancic"
The second season of the Apprentice starts Sept 9th with a 90 minute show. Trump says that the 18 contestants in this season's show are collectively a smarter group. Yeah, like that would be hard? Also, Bill sits in for George on two of the shows. Funny, I thought that Bill would have about twenty floors of that Chicago highrise built by now?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Apprentice II and Bill Rancic qwertypie 07-13-04 1
   RE: Apprentice II and Bill Rancic subman 07-15-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Apprentice II and Bill Rancic"
Has the ground even been broken yet?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

subman 1546 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-15-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Apprentice II and Bill Rancic"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-04 AT 02:04 AM (EST)

I found an article in the SUN TIMES that pretty much sums up what Bill is up to.

Trump's 'eyes and ears'

July 12, 2004

BY PHIL ROSENTHAL TELEVISION CRITIC Advertisement

LOS ANGELES -- Those of us who work in the soon-to-be-dismantled Chicago Sun-Times building haven't seen much of Bill Rancic.

The pride of Orland Park, whose grand prize as winner of "The Apprentice" this spring supposedly was to oversee the 90-story tower that Donald Trump intends for the site, has been busy elsewhere.

"Am I showing up at the Sun-Times building every day? No, of course not," Rancic said over the weekend, during a West Coast PR push for "The Apprentice." "There's not a lot for me to do there. I'm not selling the units. I'm getting into the design-and-development stage. The job's taking me all over the country."

Rancic has been splitting his time mostly between Chicago and New York, where he has taped boardroom segments for the fall's second cycle of the NBC series. Filming takes place in between meetings with Trump and his people and regular appearances as a bold-faced name in the gossip columns in an effort to emulate his mentor as a developer of reputation.

"Right now I'm still in the learning phase," Rancic said. "I'm integrating myself in the system, so I'm shadowing him a lot. I call it the Donald Trump Boot Camp. I'm working with him as much as I can and if I'm not with him, I'm with one of his main construction guys, Greg Cuneo."

Though it was implied on NBC Rancic would manage the Trump International Hotel and Tower project in Chicago, his actual title of "owner's representative" more clearly spells out his duties. "I'm the eyes and ears for Mr. Trump in Chicago," he said, noting he "isn't barking out orders at people -- that would be absolutely ridiculous."

Trump, who's not so stupid as to leave a major investment in the hands of a relative novice, positioned Rancic as more than a figurehead on the project, but less than someone whose signature is the final word on anything.

"He's working with professionals," the Donald said of the Bill. "I have a group of very, very highly trained professionals that do nothing but put up buildings, but Bill is very much a part of it."

And the skyscraper at 401 N. Wabash is not all that's being built, thanks to "The Apprentice." "Look," Trump joked, sort of, "I thought I was the biggest star before, but now I'm bigger."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •