The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Set-Up Time! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-05, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 03:50 AM (EST)

Randel and Rebecca were both set-Up on this first episode of the Final Challenge. Joe Piscopo agreed to MC team Rebecca's type of benefit any time he is asked. And yet, after they get everything in place, he calls and says his union says he can't do it. Doesn't it seem strange that he does these benefits all the time, yet it never occurred to him to check with his union before accepting? Set Up.

Randel was set-up through creative editing to look lazy and foolish. He and Marshawn are shown looking out the window at what's-his-name fixing up the tents and chairs on the field. Marshawn says something about WHN saying he can do it all by himself. Hold that thought, 'cause later, we see Marshawn fixing the gift bags (whatever) all by herself! Then we see the other guy hanging bunting on the walls all by himself! Could it be that each person was assigned a part of the project to do and that WHN said he could fix up the field by nightfall all by himself? Set-Up.

Later, when one of the sponsors of the event tells Randel to have the field done by nightfall or he won't be grinning, what do we get? Why a freeze! frame of Randel looking stunned! Remember Marcus saying they cut and pasted scenes of him to make him look foolish? (Not that he needed much help. Still I believed him because he mentioned the scene of him playing with the yo-yo at the Learning Annex, and at the time I saw it, I remember telling my friends that the scene was edited in). And now we have a freeze frame of Randel, at a loss for words. Randel? Get real! Set-Up.

And what was that with WHN making all those negative comments about Randel to the camera? He's acting like he's still in competition with Randel, rather than working to help him succeed in his challenge. Yet, nothing negative, everything honky-dory in Rebecca's camp. With Toral in it? Set-Up.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Are they editing this way to bring suspense to the final outcome since everyone is saying Randel is a shoo-in? It really makes me wonder why there are no corporate exec interviews this season (Randel would win, hands down). All I know for sure is that 1) Rebecca didn't earn the right to be in the Final 2 and shouldn't even be there, and 2) if Randel loses, I am done with The Apprentice. I will not watch next season. Set Up your viewing audience at your own peril, DT!

P.S. I forgot the absolute worst example of Set-Up. One of the sponsors (a woman) of Randel's event speaks to the camera and says that Randel's subordinate is leading the team, NOT Randel! Since when do sponsors speak to the camera?! And then we get a shot of Randle kind of idly ambling over to the table... SET-UP!

Why no private camera time with one of the women execs who talked to Rebecca and Toral, giving their opinion of Rebecca? Why no private camera time of Joe Piscopo saying it looked like the men were leading Rebecca's team, not Rebecca, as she did not even come to the meeting to finalize plans for his MCing the event? Set-Up - BIG TIME!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-09-05 1
 RE: Set-Up Time! ARnutz 12-09-05 2
 RE: Set-Up Time! Oscirus 12-09-05 3
   RE: Set-Up Time! cyngee 12-09-05 5
 RE: Set-Up Time! true 12-09-05 4
   RE: Set-Up Time! prosecutor 12-09-05 6
 RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-09-05 7
   RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-09-05 8
       RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-09-05 9
           RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-09-05 10
               RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-09-05 11
                   RE: Set-Up Time! Oscirus 12-09-05 12
                       RE: Set-Up Time! iluvdernmer 12-09-05 14
                   RE: Set-Up Time! justcallmemom 12-09-05 13
                       RE: Set-Up Time! smartchick 12-09-05 15
                   RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-10-05 21
                       RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-12-05 23
                           RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-13-05 40
                   RE: Set-Up Time! CantStandToLook 12-12-05 26
                       RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-13-05 29
                       RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-13-05 35
                           RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-13-05 37
                               RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-14-05 49
                   RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-12-05 28
           RE: Set-Up Time! JoshInSGV 12-09-05 17
           RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-10-05 18
           RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-10-05 19
               RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-13-05 30
                   RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-13-05 34
                   RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-13-05 41
 RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-09-05 16
   RE: Set-Up Time! realityshowgeek 12-10-05 20
       RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-10-05 22
           RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-12-05 24
               RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-12-05 25
                   RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-12-05 27
                       RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-13-05 31
                           RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-13-05 32
                               RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-13-05 33
                                   RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-13-05 36
                                       RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-14-05 46
                           RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-13-05 38
                               RE: Set-Up Time! shrob 12-13-05 39
                                   RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-14-05 45
                   RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-13-05 43
               RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-13-05 42
                   RE: Set-Up Time! singer 12-14-05 44
                       RE: Set-Up Time! Wacko Jacko 12-14-05 47
                           RE: Set-Up Time! lrlr1 12-14-05 48
                       RE: Set-Up Time! MizJazmine 12-14-05 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Irir1 I agree with EVERYTHING you said! I'm not buying any of it. I think whether Randel wins or loses, I'm through with the Apprentice. I wasn't even watching this season until I let a friend talk me into it...my bad!

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-05, 07:11 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Are they editing this way to bring suspense to the final outcome...

This statement? hits the nail on the head! That is exactly why they show all those things. They want to make it look all dramatic. It is a TV show. They are in it for ratings.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-09-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
My favorite part was where they tried to make Rebecca look like a negotiating genius. This in spte of the fact that she gave away the better of the Josh/James duo, was a coin flip away from having one of her picks stolen from her and made a pick so bad that Randal had to keep from laughing in her face when she made it.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

cyngee 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 08:50 AM (EST)

Yes, sometimes we see how we are being manipulated and still get so hooked on watching it anyhow. They know that we all think that Randal is the 'shoe-in', being a Rhodes scholar and all, so they are making us think Rebecca has a chance with their creative editing skills..oh for shame!!

The funniest thing from the show last night though, was the final voiceover of the weather forecast. OMG, not even the Trumpster could pull those strings.

Change the way you look at things
and the things you look at change.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
You forgot Randel being set up for it to rain. When the exec asked him if he wanted tent coverage for everybody, in case it rains, he said NO. Oh, it's gonna rain, you can count on it, and Randel will be screwed. If he loses, that will be his biggest blunder.

I've though Randel was a shoo-in from the beginning. Now, they're making him look like a bumbling fool, and Rebecca looks golden. The thing is, this show can't use editing to fool the audience, otherwise Trump looks like a fool for hiring the one who screwed up. Same thing happened last season. Kendra had a great final challenge, while whatshername failed miserably. Kendra got hired, so there was no editing set-up to fool the audience.

Now, on a show like The Bachelor, it's the opposite. The editors have no problem making the person picking look like an idiot. They always try to make the audience think that one will be picked, and it's always the other one. Always.

Trump wouldn't allow the editing to make him look any more foolish than he does all ready. So, unless Rebecca falls completely, and Randal pulls off a miracle next week, Rebecca will win.

oh and btw..if we're whore posters becuz we're posting and that means we want attention then doesn't that make bebo our pimp?

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I agree with all of you.I thought the exact same thing. MB and DT are in it for ratings and the money of course. It seems to me that all the candidates should get some little financial perk from the show, because it seems that they work round the clock and get very little sleep that's wy that girl Verna walked off.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-09-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

lrlr, I could not disagree with you more. You must have some blinders on. Rebecca has what it takes and you make it sound like Randal is perfect. The guy has made many gaffs that make himnot worthy of being an Apprentice. Just look at his decisions he made on this final task. First off, why was everyone going to the party store? Was that editing? Secondly, Randal was specifically asked about tents in case it rains and Randal did say it is not going to rain. Did he or did he not? Why didn't Randal hire a crew to set up for the event? Why does he have his executive staff building a fence, setting up chairs, and stuffing bags? These are decisions made by Randal.

You are one of those conspiracy guys. I suppose you think the hurricanes were created by the government with a hurricane machine. You can like Randal that is fine. But to totally discredit Rebecca is being blind.

And I must add...the must ridiculous statement of all is that Randal should be hired because he is a 'Rhodes scholar'. That means BS. There are somethings you can not teach in school. There have been 'Rhodes scholar's' before and I haven't seen you all bitching about them...there must be another reason.

12-09-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05
>AT 09:47 AM (EST)

>
>lrlr, I could not disagree with
>you more.

And you wouldn't be the first. I am not being facetious. We are all entitled to our opinions.

You must
>have some blinders on.
>Rebecca has what it takes

What exactly is that? Three PM wins, no losses? Superior presentation skills? The respect of her team AND the other team?

>and you make it sound
>like Randal is perfect.

What have I written that makes Randel sound 'perfect'?

>The guy has made many
>gaffs that make himnot worthy
>of being an Apprentice.

Like being a gentleman? What other 'gaffs' has he made?

>Just look at his decisions
>he made on this final
>task. First off, why
>was everyone going to the
>party store? Was that
>editing?

So what if everyone went to the party store? Did something DIRE happen as a result of them going to the party store? What is your reasoning here - that just because what's-his-name didn't feel they should go so they should not have gone? Not to be funny, but if he's so smart, why isn't he in the final 2? Name one thing Bad that happened because they all went to the party store.

Secondly, Randal was
>specifically asked about tents in
>case it rains and Randal
>did say it is not
>going to rain. Did
>he or did he not?

Your point?

> Why didn't Randal hire
>a crew to set up
>for the event? Why
>does he have his executive
>staff building a fence, setting
>up chairs, and stuffing bags?

Why didn't Rebecca 'hire a crew to set up....' I don't know what the PMs were told, but it seems evident to me that was why they had a staff, why the losing contestants were brought back to begin with - to do the grunt work. Otherwise, they'd all just be sitting around drinking coffee, getting a good night's sleep, etc. That doesn't seem to be the way this show works.

> These are decisions made
>by Randal.
>

And Rebecca, too, remember?

>You are one of those conspiracy
>guys.

What conspiracy theory have I set forth? I simply gave my opinion that the teams - BOTH teams, not just one team - were being Set-Up by BM and DT, giving examples of my reasoning.

I suppose you
>think the hurricanes were created
>by the government with a
>hurricane machine.

There were no hurricanes on last night's episode, and the show is run by BM and DT, not the government.

You can
>like Randal that is fine.

It's not about 'liking' Randel (although I do). It's about who has earned the right to be in the Final 2. You - and DT - obviously like Rebecca and feel it perfectly permissible for incompetents that you both 'like' to win prizes they have NOT earned (be careful when you accuse others of wearing 'blinders'). And remember, until Alla showed her true, vicious colors in her final challenge, I was rooting for her. NOT because I 'liked' her, but because she was kicking butt, winning challenges. That is who I like - people who EARN their way to the top of the heap.

> But to totally discredit
>Rebecca is being blind.
>

And yet you give no examples of why Rebecca should NOT be discredited as a legitimate candidate for the Apprentice other than you like her.

>And I must add...the must ridiculous
>statement of all is that
>Randal should be hired because
>he is a 'Rhodes scholar'.

Where did I EVER write that? You started your commentary addressed to me, personally. So, where in my post do I mention Randel's educational background? No where.

> That means BS.
>There are somethings you can
>not teach in school.

That's why I could get on board with Alla. She was a winner with minimal education and at the time I started a thread about how great she was, I felt she would be great as The Apprentice. So don't throw that 'education' thing on me!

>There have been 'Rhodes scholar's'
>before and I haven't seen
>you all bitching about them...there
>must be another reason.

Who's bitching and what reason would that be?

12-09-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I don't have the time to read all of your long post, but you say - so what if they all went to the party store? Well, if they were not all at the party store maybe they wouldn't be working in the dark trying to build fences, set up chairs and stuff bags. The finalists are not given much time to finish these tasks. Every minute counts. If you can't see that that you really shouldn't be watching this show.

As for the Rhodes Scholar comment it was directed at someone else....who mentioned it.

But I ask you what bad decisions has Rebecca made in this final task? She hasn't made any! What really kills me is people talking about boycotting the show because of who Trump hires. It is his darn company for pete's sake. It is not so cut and dry as you all seem to think. For one I would hire Rebecca over Randal. I am not sure how some of you are going to take that news.....yes there are people that think differently then you....it is not as cut and dry as you think.

12-09-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
WackoJacko Okay fine YOU would hire Rebecca, but in your opinion what has Rebecca done to be in the final 2? Outside of the fact that you like her, what has she done? I'm really curious about this, because most of the people who seem to be supporting her never really seem to be able to answer that question. So please enlighten me and I'm gonna ask that you keep your response in the context of this season only. Why Rebecca?

12-09-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

A lot has to do with the way she handles herself. You can compare win/lose records but I will explain why this is not valid.

Rebecca has shown very good leadership. As you can see by the team she has picked all 3 say nothing but glowing things. Rebecca...once off the all girl team...that was a disaster has had an excellent record. You have to agree the men on this show have been better as evidenced by the selection of Randal and Rebecca's team. 4 males were picked before a female was taken. She has been in very high class with the clients. One of the most important things that many do not take away is that Rebecca stood up to Trump...held her own with Trump. Her butt was being grilled and she held up nicely and showed loyalty to a person on her team...even if it meant she got fired. Many supervisors will not do that...Trump understands that and Trump admired that. How about when she stepped up to do the Star Wars speech when no one including Randal the so called Star Wars expert would. She stepped in minutes before the presentation and did very nicely. To be honest I don't remember all the details that good, but she has made a very positive impression on me and Trump as well. Now I ask you what has Randal done? See like most American's it is easier to remember the negative and not the positive. Randal has made many goofs. Rebecca has made zero. You can blast her for her track record but the group of females she was with she stood no chance. Records sometimes mean nothing sometimes because of the team you are on. That is why there are many players in the professional Hall of Fames with losing records as players. The team selection validated my points....the men in this competition were better than the women.

Randal has made many goofs. Does not stand up for himself well (maybe from the editing but from what I see). He seems too soft and not aggressive enough. This final task is great because it is meant to see how one reacts to stress and we will see this week how poorly Randal reacts. Rebecca took the task much more aggressively then Randal...he is just to passive.

Once again, tell me what Randal has done? And try to do it without win/lose records. Try to tell me what he has done other than the goofs, bring the positive. I can't think of anything.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-09-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
If Rebecca was so excellent tell me why was it that she was the first person sent off of her team come mixup time?
The only time rebecca has won in this game is when either Randal or alla have been on her team to lead the way. If Randal was so piss poor why was he selected twice to be on the losing team?

As for throwing out win/loss records that is just stupid. Your girl has done nothing but smile and bob her head at trump whenever trump says something.

Her approach to this task has been just as bad unless you call relying on Chris and James to do all your work for you a good thing. Or is leaving vips alone because you are too tired a good way to do business nowadays?

"One of the most important things that many do not take away is that Rebecca stood up to Trump...held her own with Trump. Her butt was being grilled and she held up nicely and showed loyalty to a person on her team...even if it meant she got fired. Many supervisors will not do that...Trump understands that and Trump admired that."

That why he fired Chris right? Once again Rebecca was hot so she can get away with things. Just like she can get away with not doing hher job correctly and Trump overlooked it twice.

The fact that he calls rebecca one of the bestt final2s ever is an insult to the other finalists, cuz we all know that she would have gotten her a55 handed to her in the interviews.

As for her stepping up to the star wars task, who else was going to do it. Randal was picking up her slack doing displays nowhere around when that conversation took place. and Marshawn was just awful in refusing it. In the baseball task she outsold on a team that lost by 111% so how much wasit that she really sold?

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

iluvdernmer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
All I have to say is you go Rebecca. At this task, quite frankly Randall has SUCKED! I don't care if it was him or editing, but the picture I see of him is of a wuss. He sat in his suite in the stadium doing nothing while the Outback man had to come chew him out.

However, all the hype about Trump's biggest boardroom surprise yet, etc. I truly believe he will hire them both. I think the fact that they keep calling them the two brightest contestants yet gives that clue!

Grey's Anatomy superfreakinfiend!

Meredith Grey: "Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love. So pick me, chose me, love me.

justcallmemom 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
This is TV. The editor's job is to make 100 hours of film fit into one episode, and to make it interesting. Remember writing 101; Act 1 --introduce characters, Act 2 --conflict, Act 3 --resolution. In act 2, Rebecca was set up...it's harder to make a case for Randal given that even Trump's director can't affect the weather. What we don't see is the direction and support they receive from the Trump staff. Perhaps Randal was set up when someone suggested the tiny tent and he agreed.
Up to now I've veiwed Rebecca as a lightweight, but I must admit she has impressed me in the last episode. She never looses her poise. This is my prediction....Trump will hire them BOTH as a change up from past shows. He likes being surprising. It's just good TV.

smartchick 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Randal is not weak, though he is shown in a negative light almost all the time. He can be however a bit too passive or relaxed. Being a Rhodes scholar does not mean that you are capable of managing minor tasks or a major corporation. I do however believe that the producers have been editing to make it look as though Randal is a bit of a dope and i do believe that this is so we will all tune in for the finale, where he will win. If not only for the fact that he is a Rhodes scholar and Trump is impressed or intimidated by that fact. If he loses then my belief that DT will never have a black man or woman running any part of his company will be proven true. Rebecca, though no dummy does not have what it takes, her standing up for Toral does in the eyes of the ALL POWERFUL DT means squat. I believe that the evil Alla would have won but Im glad that witch is gone, so there!!!

12-10-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Wacko Jacko thanks for answering my question because nobody has been really able to state why they felt that Rebecca should be in the final 2 or win. While I do disagree with you, I appreciate and respect your response. Now I will answer you question with the same rule that I gave you.

The primary reason I like Randel has to do with his character. Because of editing It caught my attention that Randels teammates when given the opportunity ALWAYS wanted him on their team. The same cannot be said for Rebecca. When the opportunity arised Rebecca was NEVER chosen by her teammates.

When selecting for the final task Randel had his pick of both the men's team & the women's team. Randel could have picked anybody he wanted. The same cannot be said for Rebecca. Rebecca insulted and trashed the entire women's group with the exception of Toral. So Toral was basically the only woman she could pick.

Randel illustrated the fact that he has integrity. He took responsibility for an error that happened with a project he was assigned from Rebecca the PM. Even though we later find out that Rebecca reassigned the task and still missed the same error. This was Rebecca's second loss. Rebecca also had the same kinda error with the cake in the Senior Citizen's home where she was PM again, which was her 1st loss as a PM.

Randel in his previous task seemed to have an ability to recognize people's strength, and to support them when they're weak. When doing the educational task he knew that Marshawn's strength was speaking & presentation. While with Rebecca he saw her uncertainty with the actor, and spoke to her in private about it. Randel then supported her by replacing the actor with himself.

To me Randel's character is such that he can stand in his own accomplishments during this entire competition because he actually HAS those accomplishment without attacking others. The same can't be said for Rebecca. She has to attack because she doesn't really have any accomplishments to stand in. Now I can understand YOU not wanting the win/lose records to come into play here because that really doesn't bode well for Rebecca, because the only "win" she had (if you want to call it her's was through the hands of Randel). So even in working with Randel, Rebecca had a good experience by actually getting her first win.

Randel did not allow what had transpired in that boardroom with Rebecca prior, to affect his own personal integrity. He talked to Rebecca face to face privately. Rebecca did not have the courage or the integrity to even face Randel prior to that boardroom and say "all's fair". No when she saw she had to go back to that suite with Randel, it was then and only then that Rebecca tried to come up with "something". Randel could have sabatoged Rebecca. He knew she needed a win, so he supported her.
Not because of who she is but rather because of who he is.

Randel also appeared to be wise in not getting involved in the petty conflict of whatever was going on as illustrated when he was talking with Kristi that time. The same can't be said for Rebecca. She was part of the conflict. The only woman I saw who wasn't was Marshawn. That could be editing too though.

Randel accomplished all this after returning from the funeral of his grandmother. I think Randel illustrated that he could both be a team player and a team leader. While Rebecca over all didn't illustrate either. IMO Randel has fortitude & inner strength. I think he has been firm, steady, and consistant in character all the way through. He didn't rest soley in his education. Randel showed up, performed, & did it well IMO. So yes these are the positives I can think of as to why I like Randel.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-12-05, 07:15 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
MizJazmine, your assessment of Randal's gifts and abilities is spot on. I appreciate your highlighting his qualities--qualities that many gloss over because of a desire to see an undeserving Rebecca win.

It shows that in the eyes of some, Randal will have to be Superman to "earn" the right to be a corporate leader, because of glass ceilings and other unfair obstacles. Someone like Rebecca or Robot Kelly will only have to meet the barest of standards, and yet they will receive all-out support from the same quarters.

I think the criticisms of Randal are largely unfair.

--Singer

12-13-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Singer the operative word here is "earn" vs. "deserve". Randal has EARNED his place in the final 2. IMO it's an insult that Rebecca is even there. She has done nothing to be where she's at, but yet and still people keep saying she "deserves" to be there but they still haven't presented a real argument as to why.

You're right Randel has to be practically "other wordly" to be accepted and even then if he were, I suspect he still wouldn't be accepted. Of course Rebecca is recieving all out support for a substandard performance, while Randel has be "perfect" such is the ways of white priviledge.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I'm only responding to this comment:
"How about when she stepped up to do the Star Wars speech when no one including Randal the so called Star Wars expert would. She stepped in minutes before the presentation and did very nicely. To be honest I don't remember all the details that good, but she has made a very positive impression on me and Trump as well."

It was said clear as day on the show if you go back and watch that people didn't want Randall overly involved in that task because he was already exempt as the WINNING PM from the previous task. He could have done it, the other didn't want him to be the only one to shine again.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

12-13-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
That is bs. Stop making excuses for Randal. Do you think the team wanted to lose? Geez, if Randal was able to interpret the star wars movie then missing the meeting with the stars executives would not of mattered so much. But Randal couldn't even figure out after seeing the movie that that movie (and all 6) were about Darth Vader. Geez, I would've known that before seeing the movie. Let's see, the movie they were promoting was episode 3 out of 6. Fill in the freakin blanks. I will simply state.....Episode 1 is about a little boy names Anakin. Episode 6 is about the death of that character. Hmmmmm, what could who could the star wars movies be about. Any moron seeing 5 out of 6 should've known that!

12-13-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
"It was said clear as day on the show if you go back and watch that people didn't want Randall overly involved in that task because he was already exempt as the WINNING PM from the previous task. He could have done it, the other didn't want him to be the only one to shine again."

Exactly, CantStandToLook. A typical game theoretic move and definitely a gamble. Given his Oxford training in dialectic, Randal would have wiped the floor with the competition, even with a lousy display, had he been afforded or had he insisted on the opportunity to present.

It really is tough to paint Randal as a weak, stupid, or lazy competitor, so I'm watching to see how the Trump/Burnett propoganda machine will try to create a fiction that he is weak or mediocre. It will take quite an effort. (Burnett's a Brit. His social background is such that he would not have qualified to clean tables in an Oxford dining hall, much less attend college there. Perhaps he has a personal agenda in trying to discredit Randal.)

--Singer

12-13-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
(Burnett's a Brit.
> His social background is
>such that he would not
>have qualified to clean tables
>in an Oxford dining hall,
>much less attend college there.
> Perhaps he has a
>personal agenda in trying to
>discredit Randal.)
>
>--Singer

Wow, Singer! Would not even have thought of that! 'Oxford Uniersity', 'Rhodes Scholar' means little to most Americans. We forget that Oxford is roughly the equivalent of Harvard in the U.S. I say 'roughly' because it is my understanding that Oxford commands a more erudite and/or prestigious reputation in the World than our Harvard. So yeah. When looking at egos, we need to look not only at Trump's (take that! Wharton School!), but Burnett's (d**m colonists! they're supposing to be helping us!)

12-14-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
It does command more respect in the world because of its centuries-old reputation as a fine, rigorous institution.

There is no grade inflation there. There are no affirmative action programmes. If one succeeds in a course, they have definitely earned their marks. The same cannot be said of all American universities, even our best ones.

So no one can claim that Randal's preparation is inflated or somehow limited. There is a former American president who could not pass the Oxford final exam. He never received a degree.

It will be interesting to see if Trump and Burnett continue to attempt to mangle Randal's reputation by suggesting that he is incompetent.

--Singer

12-12-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
"Once again, tell me what Randal has done? And try to do it without win/lose records. Try to tell me what he has done other than the goofs, bring the positive. I can't think of anything."

He has won more tasks as PM than Rebecca, and he directed her one win as PM.

As far as Rebecca stepping up and doing that presentation is concerned, please remember that Marshawn prepared the presentation and then made the tactical error of refusing to give it.

So many people have carried Rebecca. Please tell me what SHE has done.

I'll re-state the obvious regarding Randal. One does not get an Oxford degree by being passive and laid back. I speak from personal experience on that one.

--Singer

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Wacko,
I agree with you. It doesn't take 4 people to go to a party store to select decorations. This was a very poor decision, especally when Mark had arranged an appointment with a radio commentator at the same time. Randal should have allowed no more than two people (Marshawn and Josh) to go to the party store. Poor judgement call on Randal's behalf.

12-10-05, 02:30 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>I don't have the time to
>read all of your long
>post, but you say -

> If you can't see
>that that you really shouldn't
>be watching this show.

Please don't bash me for having an opinion different from yours. It's about the show, not my viewing decisions.

yes there are people
>that think differently then you....it
>is not as cut and
>dry as you think.

Please take your own advice and cease and desist the bashing. Thank you.

12-10-05, 02:53 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
If Trump's big surprise is to hire both Randel and Rebecca, a travesty will be done. Rebecca has done NOTHING to earn her way into the Final 2. Rebecca is RESPECTED by NO ONE other than DT and the walking disaster Toral. Marshawn was on the women's team and managed to win her challenge. Rebecca, on that same team, LOST BOTH. Randel won 3 challenges. 2 times he was voted an exemption by his teammates - who did NOT have to do so. The 3rd time exemptions had been eliminated by DT.

I said it before and I meant it - if Randel loses, I will no longer watch this show. I now add - if Randel has to share the spotlight with the LOSER REBECCA, I will no longer watch this show.

25% of the audience for The Apprentice is black. If blacks stop watching this show, the show goes off the air! Most bottom lines are 2% - 5%. Does anyone seriously think the show can take even half of a 25% hit?

12-13-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>If Trump's big surprise is to
>hire both Randel and Rebecca,
>a travesty will be done.
>Rebecca has done NOTHING to
>earn her way into the
>Final 2. Rebecca is RESPECTED
>by NO ONE other than
>DT and the walking disaster
>Toral. Marshawn was on the
>women's team and managed to
>win her challenge. Rebecca, on
>that same team, LOST BOTH.
>Randel won 3 challenges. 2
>times he was voted an
>exemption by his teammates -
>who did NOT have to
>do so. The 3rd time
>exemptions had been eliminated by
>DT.
>
>I said it before and I
>meant it - if Randel
>loses, I will no longer
>watch this show. I now
>add - if Randel has
>to share the spotlight with
>the LOSER REBECCA, I will
>no longer watch this show.
>
>
>25% of the audience for The
>Apprentice is black. If blacks
>stop watching this show, the
>show goes off the air!
>Most bottom lines are 2%
>- 5%. Does anyone seriously
>think the show can take
>even half of a 25%
>hit?

See this is exactly what I had feared. People are making this a black/white issue. Trump will pick whoever he wants being an executive running his company. if Randal wins outright then so be it. But you people are saying if Rebecca wins you will quit watching and you haven't seen the final chapter in this book. Who knows what they heck is going to happen. See if Randal loses you will say it is all editing, but Randal has made some very poor decisions and yet you people think that it is all editing. Randal said it will not rain. Randal sent the entire team to the party store. Randal has his executives stuffing bags and setting up chairs. And Randal has made some bad mistakes in the past. Sure he has a better project management win/lose record but you don't take into account the different teams both have had. Barry Sanders will make the Football Hall of Fame and his teams win/lose record sucked. Michael IRvin may or not make it but why is Barry Sanders a shoo-in and Michael Irvin is debatable. What I am saying is many things figure into this. And you know what Trump is making the decision and if he simply likes Rebecca's personality better that Randal's then so be it.

12-13-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>
>
>See this is exactly what I
>had feared. People are
>making this a black/white issue.

I wonder why?

>people are saying if Rebecca
>wins you will quit watching
>and you haven't seen the
>final chapter in this book.

That is why I said "if". I haven't seen the final chapter in this book, yet.

> See if Randal loses
>you will say it is
>all editing,

No I won't. I'll say the same thing I've been saying all along: Rebecca did not earn the right to be in the Final 2.

but Randal has
>made some very poor decisions
>and yet you people think
>that it is all editing.
> Randal said it will
>not rain.

How is that a bad decision? We did not see it rain. So unless you checked the weather on that particular date of the event and saw that it did rain, once again, this is one of those "If" deals and you should take your own advice - again! since what is good for the goose is good for the gander! - and don't write the final chapter of the book before we see it.

Randal sent
>the entire team to the
>party store.

So freakin' what?! Please tell how that was a BAD decision? What negative happened as a result of that?

Randal has
>his executives stuffing bags and
>setting up chairs.

And your point?

And
>Randal has made some bad
>mistakes in the past.

Name them.

>Sure he has a better
>project management win/lose record but
>you don't take into account
>the different teams both have
>had.

Rebecca lost as PM with the same team - women's - that Randal won as PM with - women's (and men's). Was there some other team only those of you with Secret Knowledge know about?

Barry Sanders will
>make the Football Hall of
>Fame and his teams win/lose
>record sucked.

Same with Randal. The women's team sucked, yet he won in his stint as their PM.

Michael IRvin
>may or not make it
>but why is Barry Sanders
>a shoo-in and Michael Irvin
>is debatable.

I'm sorry. I missed their stint on the Apprentice.

What I
>am saying is many things
>figure into this.

Which is exactly what everyone else is saying. Lots of really nasty low-down things.

And
>you know what Trump is
>making the decision and if
>he simply likes Rebecca's personality
>better that Randal's then so
>be it.

So be it? Then me not watching next season if mediocre Rebecca is handed the prize on the basis of her Iron Smile while Randal's superior performance and qualifications are dissed, is the American way. In case you forgot, there are no kings in this country who can break rules (merit!!!!) and command us to watch and make him even richer as he does so.

12-13-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Wacko Jacko So you think if Rebecca were a black woman with the performance that she's had that she would be in the final 2 and that you would hold the positition that you hold concerning her?

Just look at her performance and change her skin color, then tell me.

12-09-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

"I'm not sure what to make of this. Are they editing this way to bring suspense to the final outcome since everyone is saying Randel is a shoo-in?"

Hi, lrlr1.

Good questions, as is your take on the entire negative editing thing.

A few points:
1. No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets an Oxford degree by having a laid-back, lazy approach to life. (Oxford dons will fail members of the royal family if they do not perform. Also, a typical Oxford undergraduate degree program is more difficult than many American graduate degree programs. One simply cannot pass an undergraduate program by being lazy or stupid. The same standard obviously holds true for a graduate degree.)

2. Randal has an Oxford graduate degree. It is absolutely nonsensical that the edit he is getting fits with his true personality or approach to worklife.

3. I do not trust Trump to pick the most qualified person for this job.

4. I hope that I am wrong about #3, but I doubt it.

5. It is interesting that Robot Kelly had an excellent undergraduate background and that he got a positive edit, in spite of his cold, manipulative personality. Randal is clearly cut of a different cloth (in more ways than one), yet he gets an edit that makes him look lazy. Wonder why?

--Singer

PS And people with degrees from Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Yale and other excellent schools run many top corporations and other institutions world-wide. So to discount Randal's background as an indicator of his ability to lead a company does not make sense to me. Again, Robot Kelly's stellar background did not cause people posting on these boards to suggest that he might not have practical abilities. What is prompting the difference in the way that both of these candidates are being assessed?

PPS I happen to like Rebecca, but I do not think that she earned the right to be in the final 2.

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-05 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

If, as some suspect, Trump hires both I will be disappointed. That would convince me these tasks really have no bearing on the outcome of this show. It was clear to me after Part 1 of the Finale, Rebecca is getting the winner's edit. Randal is being made to look like a slacker and Rebecca is a star. I found myself asking, "how did Randal go from sugar to sh_t in one week?" I think the plan was to make Rebecca the Apprentice. If Trump does indeed offer them both a job it will be because he's aware of all of the positive feedback Randal's getting and he's worried about being called a racist. If this is the case, I only pray Randal respectfully decline the position, because it would be an insult!!

**edited to remove naughty word

12-10-05, 10:35 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
he's (DT) worried about being
>called a racist. If this
>is the case, I only
>pray Randal respectfully decline the
>position, because it would be
>an insult!!
>

Ah! That would be sweet. And based on what I've seen of Randal's diplomatic skill and oratory, if anyone could do it and get away with it, it would be Randal. But only he knows.

12-12-05, 07:21 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I wish Randal had not involved himself in this competition, lrlr1, because of the unfair assessments that people insist on giving him.

He's already a successful business leader, so this process will not change his life in a negative way.

--Singer

12-12-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Set-Up Time! "

I think that people, on this board and others, actually have assessed Randal fairly. They like Randal and feel he should be the apprentice. It is the show that is maligning him thought negative editing, cutting and splicing to make him appear to be a slacker and even a dullard who lets others talk down to him and has no come-back response to their rudeness and churlishness (the guy talking smack about "you won't be grinning if that field is not fixed by tomorrow" - do you seriously believe Randal was at a loss for words such as shown in the freeze-frame editing?).

Just as both teams like and respect Randal, the viewing public also seems really to like and respect him. Many blacks feel there is racism afoot on this board, but if you look over the posts in this thread, you will see that few posters have nothing negative to say about Randal. Most have looked beyond the color of his skin to the man and his accomplishments, his performance on the show, his diplomatic and generous spirit.

For me, personally, I am so happy that Randal involved himself in this competition. Otherwise, none of us would have been priviledged to known electronically such a fine and true gentleman, an intellectual powerhouse who grins bashfully and says 'golly-gee' when his new bride pays him a surprise visit. Randal has honored us all, and brought honor to the male species, in particular, with his presence in our living rooms. And I think 90% of the people appreciate that (there's no pleasing the remaining 10% of miserable folk, no matter who or what).

As you pointed out, Randal is already a successful businessman. His appearance on this show can only heighten his visibility in his field and make him even more successful. Remember, people in the upper echelons of business recognize negative editing when they see it, too. No matter how DT changes the rules, trashes the American concept of Merit, or re-arranges the structure of the show (no exec interviews), don't cry for Randal, Singer. The truth is, he's in never better shape, nor in higher esteem with the public.

If you are referring to the fact that some are saying he should be a co-apprentice with a woman who has not earned the right to be in the final 2 (per the OLD rules) and clearly falls short of Randal in every category, and attribute that bizarre sprectre to racism, then again, kudos to Randal for staying the course. You don't fight cancer by ignoring it. If you do, it will surely kill you. You can't wish away social cancers, either. Only a fool would lie down and die because someone of another race who has never done anything for anybody in their life, didn't want them to claim a prize they paid for through merit.

12-12-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Beautifully stated, lrlr1. It encourages me to hear you and others state that you are assessing Randal in a balanced way. For some reason, Mark Burnett's refusal to edit him fairly really "gets up my nose," as the Brits would say. Burnett relies on negative stereotypes to get ratings. And many people believe him. That's what bothers me most about what is going on here.

And again, there were other candidates this season who were far better players than Rebecca. It defies credulity that she would be in the finals, even though I do admire her grit, determination, and apparent native intelligence. But none of these attributes would have won the competition for a Kwame or a Jen M, or a Troy, or even for Marshawn, who despite one mistake and otherwise excellent performance that probably was edited out, was summarily fired. The same is true of Alla, who was a very good player (with an attitude), but a good player nonetheless.

I always see this show as an analogue for what happens in business when it comes to hiring. I am sure that this is why the Burnett/Trump propoganda machine annoys me so greatly.

Why don't they "stereotype" women as as excellent team players and racial minorities as driven, focused, high achievers who know how to make business happen efficiently? Why can't they "stereotype" in a positive way, instead of casting shoe shine salesmen and other social outcasts in this competition?

By feeding negative stereotypes, they keep them alive. Shame on them for doing that. And triple shame on them for being irresponsible, especially when they KNOW how powerful a medium television is.

--Singer

12-13-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I too do not believe Randal is a slacker. I think he lacks a little business polish. He just comes threw as a little unseasoned. Rebecca on the other hand seems to have had the proper training in her past to become the apprentice.

Whoever wins this competition I am sure will be the one who deserves it, but from what we have seen from the first part of this finale Randal looks to be in big trouble. This trouble comes from Randal not editing. And I can't see how one can see otherwise. If you say what you believe then if Rebecca wins the last competition then she should be the winner....otherwise what is the point of even having the final competition? She wins this last competition then she would've beat Randal head to head in the Superbowl of the Apprentice.

12-13-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Since I agree with you that 'Randal is not a slacker', I believe you are sincere in the remainder of your post. Here is my Sincere Opinion: Going Head to Head with negative Kristi, or even 'drop my skirt and show my drawers in the middle of Manhatten' Ivanna of Season 2, mediocre Rebecca would be CRUSHED in the Superbowl of The Apprentice.

12-13-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Well that is funny because as of now Rebecca is destroying Randal. So you must think Kristi or Ivana are better than Randal.

12-13-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>Well that is funny because as
>of now Rebecca is destroying
>Randal. So you must
>think Kristi or Ivana are
>better than Randal.

No. It simply means that Rebecca is a slug in the Superbowl of The Apprentice. As for 'destroying' Randal 'now', that's only your opinion. Even with the FANTASTIC editing she got last week, she made 3 HORRIFICLY BAD decisions.

1. All that purple? Purple rugs, purple sofa, purple bunting. What was it the Google exec said? "I hope the FOOD is not purple?"

2. Sending, not accompanying but sending her subordinates, both LOSERS in the game, to persuade a national celebrity who wouldn't know them OR Rebecca from spinach to MC HER event?

3. Blackmailing rich folk for money at the end of dinner? Hey! Somebody's got to pay for that soup!

And these cruddy, tacky decisions from the mediocre one who got all the good editing!

ROFLMAO

12-14-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
The only thing destroying Randal at this point is the editing process.

--Singer

12-13-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
"I too do not believe Randal is a slacker. I think he lacks a little business polish. He just comes threw as a little unseasoned. Rebecca on the other hand seems to have had the proper training in her past to become the apprentice.
Whoever wins this competition I am sure will be the one who deserves it, but from what we have seen from the first part of this finale Randal looks to be in big trouble. This trouble comes from Randal not editing. And I can't see how one can see otherwise. If you say what you believe then if Rebecca wins the last competition then she should be the winner....otherwise what is the point of even having the final competition? She wins this last competition then she would've beat Randal head to head in the Superbowl of the Apprentice."

1. What I believe is that American economic, political, and social institutions should operate as meritocracies.

2. In far too many cases, they do not.

3. Trump's erratic firing and hiring practices provide numerous examples of how #2 is true in our immediate discussion.

4. They also provide examples of how #2 is true with reference to all seasons of The Apprentice.

5. This season has become one in a series of seasons when some of the best people available for the job were passed over. (Amy Henry from Season 1 immediately springs to mind. Alla from this current season also springs to mind.)

6. Rebecca did not earn her way into the finals in terms of her performance on tasks.

7. Additionally, her background prior to entering this competition is not overly impressive--especially compared to Randal, who, by the way, is a seasoned businessman as well as a scholar.

8. Randal certainly has far more polish than Rebecca could ever hope for at this stage of her development simply because of his professional experience and social exposures.

9. So neither do Rebecca's performance nor her background provide an indicia of why she should be hired.

10. I am not willing to change my expectation of the "rules" and say that if the Trump/Burnett propoganda machine manipulates the results, then Rebecca deserves to be The Apprentice.

11. I am not willing to do this, because the game should be played by one set of rules.

12. What apparently has transpired is that Trump has changed the rules repeatedly to justify pre-determined outcomes. I will never accept the fiction that Randal is somehow less suited to be the winner, simply because Trump and Burnett appear to want this outcome.

13. I will not change my desire for a fair outcome simply because they put a person in the finals who did not earn the right to be there.

14. I would embrace the same position if Mickey Mouse were in the finals.

15. Race has no bearing on my position.

--Singer

shrob 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I'd like to add my two cents...

I believe that both Randal and Rebecca desserve to be in the Final Two. I think Randal is more qualified, but I certainly don't think Rebecca is unqualified. While I would have rather had Alla in the Final Two with Randal, I believe Rebecca has made an impression on Trump that put her where she is now.

Neither Randal or Rebecca are amazing, and neither of them are bad. I'll start with Randal. He has always been shown in a positive light this entire season, save the Channel 45 mishap, whic wasn't that bad. He has a 3-0 PM record, and his teammates respect him. He has shown class in all of his tasks, and even when he made a mistake, he claimed responsibility.

Rebecca has also been shown mostly in a positive light. She persevered with her injured leg, and had loyalty to Toral even if it caused her firing. While her loyalty didn't last very long, it pleased DT very much, and from then on he always favored her. She presents herself well, she is likable, a good salesperson, and always has a smile on when with clients.

I believe Rebecca deserves to be in the Final Two, and while her favoritism from DT may be a factor, it's not the only factor. Also, sucking up to the boss can be very important in the corporate world, but still...

Rebecca's main overall weakness lies in her PM record. While she made no major gaffes, losing twice as PM means she was ineffective at managing her teammates and accomplishing the goal of the task. To simply look at the final task and not past history would be plain silly on The Donald's behalf, but he often looks silly.

Randal, while 3-0, I don't view him as dynamic as Rebecca. His personality is more quiet (not laid-back), and I don't necessarily see him fitting in as well in the Trump Organization. However, he has made few mistakes up to now.

As far as editing goes, I think DT has dug himself a hole that'll be tough to get out of. This past episode has shown Randal negatively and Rebecaa positively, leading viewers to believe that Rebecca will be chosen. However, based on the past, I believe that Randal is more qualified. If he picks Randal, though, it would might anger viewers who thought that Randal's job on the final task wasn't as good as Rebecca's. So either in the finale Randal will triumph in the final task as well as get the job, or DT will have some issues with viewers.

As to hiring both -- ugh. This could be very possible based on my editing dilemma above, and I think it's a lame way out of a fairly entertaining season.

I hope the finale is worth all this debate!

12-14-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Interesting post, shrob. I have a few thoughts as well...

I certainly do not think that Rebecca is unqualified. My only position about her is that she did not earn her way into the finals. Beyond that, I am sure that she would make an excellent apprentice. But I also think the same about the unflappable Marshwan.

I am less sure about Alla, but I think that she is a better player than either of them. Based on that one point, Alla should have made it to the finals.

I agree that Randal probably would not fit well into the Trump organization, because The Donald only hires certain kinds of people in the upper reaches of his organization. At least currently, Randal's ethnic background disqualifies him based on that specious and sick standard.

I will be greatly surprised if The Donald changes his hiring pattern, even if he has a bright, accomplished person who has earned the right to work for him as a prospective apprentice.

With reference to another one of your points, I think that it is a major gaffe that Rebecca lost so many times as PM.

In response to your point on editing, The Donald may have problems with viewers if he hires an unseasoned 23-year-old instead of a more accomplished Rhodes Scholar. Age and inexperience had loads to do with The Donald's unwillingness to hire young Andy, who was a better player than an older, more experienced Robot Kelly.

So I do consider Randal amazing, and I think that Rebecca is competent and full of promise. She hasn't been around long enough, nor has she had enough life experience to be amazing. But I am confident that she will become outstanding if afforded the right opportunities. I really admire her grit and determination.

I agree that a double hire would send a very bad message--especially in the face of clearly manipulated footage.

--Singer

12-13-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Irir1 I don't think racism is afoot on this board, but I do understand the lack of wanting to talk about white priviledge and that's why I responded to your question the way I did. Because there seems to be this silence that happens when we all know what we're looking at. Most of us know that something is inbalanced here. Words such as "earn" and "deserve" are being thrown around. Randal has to "earn", while Rebecca "deserves". Something is wrong with that, and that "something" I suspect has to do with skin color. Just because people are not comfortable discussing that fact doesn't make it go away. Race is part of the culture and it's part of the corporate culture as to who gets in and who doesn't and how all of it is co-signed on by society.

Whenever a person of color shows up race is always there. Is it a determining factor? That always remains to be seen. What I do know is all I have to do is ask myself the question, "Would this still happen if they weren't white?" If my answer is "NO" then it's white priviledge. If my answer is "Yes" then it's merit. I think some people not acknowledging that difference, is the racism that some blacks may be referring to in regards of this board. I know that there are people still hold their position about Rebecca, but won't answer my question as to whether or not they think Rebecca would be in the position that she's in if she were a black woman given the performance she's had. So what does that tell you? I'm against racism, but I support white priviledge? Hmmmmmmm...people can't have it both ways.

PS. Limburgh baby - priceless...LOL

12-13-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Singer I feel that way about Randal, there's been a real part of me that wishes he would lose because I just think he would be better off. I really don't think that Trump likes Randal. I think on some level Trump wants to humiliate Randel. To me it's a message and a bad one that says, "You can be a black man with degrees from impressive schools, have good character & integrity, have good job performance, and be liked by your collegues but you're not a white man and I make the rules".

So to me I think that Randal's real opportunities lie outside of the Trump organization. Randal has carried himself well enough to were if he loses I think it will be to his benefit. Besides after Trump initially putting that dig in on Randel in front of everybody, I just don't want to see Randel work for somebody like Trump. I just think Randel's better than that. I'm not buying into Randel all of a sudden being incompetent...I'm not buying it at all.

12-14-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
I think that The Donald has been a jerque (a fancy jerk) to alot of people, including Randal. I also think that he wants to humiliate Randal; otherwise, that dumb editing slag-fest never would have happened.

I am acutely aware of the low opinion that The Donald apparently has about blacks and Jews based on his comments in the book "Trumped!" I continue to repeat the obvious charge, because no one addresses it when assessing how he relates to Randal and Rebecca. That's fine, but I continue to repeat it to ensure that everyone remembers that his disposition toward certain groups of people certainly is not charitable, to put it mildly.

I recall Amy Henry's post-season comment that she understood that she did not "fit the Trump Organisation Profile." She was philosophical about how she was knocked out of the competition during the final interview process in Season 1.

There were so many viewers saying positive things about her that The Donald took notice and offered her a job later. Amy turned him down, obviously unaffected by the PR move.

Good for her, and good for Randal, if he adopts this approach if offered a post-season job by The Donald.

--Singer

PS I wonder if people now think that Boyfriend Bill is better than Amy.

PPS I wonder if they really think that Robot Kelly is truly a star.

PPPS I wonder if they find it strange that The Donald has completely ignored Kendra since she won.

PPPPS I also wonder if people remember how The Donald completely ignored Kwame during the finals for Season 2. At that point, Kwame had signed a multi-billion dollar real estate deal, and The Donald did not even acknowledge him as a professional colleague. But he acknowledged other more mediocre players who had achieved nothing of note in their personal or business lives. Clearly, The Donald was not happy about Kwame's success; otherwise, he would have said something positive about him. But to do so would have required that he tacitly retract his statement about blacks being lazy workers.

I'll state the obvious here: One does not become a billionaire by being lazy or laid-back.

12-14-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
Last post for me in this trend. It is obvisious you all have Randal blinders on. Have fun talking about how great Randal is until Thursday and then have fun calling Donald a racist pig after that. Bye.

12-14-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
>Last post for me in this
>trend.

Ah! You will be sorely missed.

It is obvisious
>you all have Randal blinders
>on.

Wacko, a piece of advice: Read the blurb at the top of this thread. "Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times."

Have fun talking
>about how great Randal is

Tut tut! Tolerance for other viewpoints!

>until Thursday and then have
>fun calling Donald a racist
>pig after that.

The dreaded SECRET KNOWLEDGE! Ah, well. Too bad DT and his ilk doesn't run the WorldWideWeb Message Boards. We wouldn't have to worry about different points of view, then. The Party Line would suffice.

>Bye.

See you next time (she says as she waves her American flag).

>

12-14-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Set-Up Time! "
LOL..."jerque"... Now that's one I'm going to have to remember!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •