The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"UNBELIEVABLE BEHAVIOR!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

nickm 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"UNBELIEVABLE BEHAVIOR!"
I had thought that Omarosa's behavior on the program last night was outrageous. That was, until I just saw her on CNBC. For her to try to play the race card is ridiculous. She said that she felt isolated and alienated by the other contestants, like they didn't like her. She immediately follow that statement with a comment about race, gender, and "diversity", which is a direct implication that the reason that she was disliked, isolated and alienated was that she is an African American woman. She very carefully constructed her statements, as if pre-written, to give the strong feeling of "THEY FIRED ME BECAUSE I'M A BLACK WOMAN!"

The more likely truth is that she only made it as far as she did BECAUSE she is a black woman.

Having grown up as a mixed-race child, and being about the same age as Omarosa, I know that things HAVEN'T REALLY BEEN THAT HARD FOR US!!! Our mothers, now they had it a little harder. The truth is that we have grown up beneath the shelter of the NAACP and affirmative action (which I refuse to capitalize, because they are fundamentally offensive to myself and my family). Over and over I have seen freinds, classmates, and co-workers recieve opportunities and endowments that they did not deserve, but were not available to deserving asian, caucasian, hispanic, etc, people. I lost a scholarship to an individual with SAT scores 200 points lower than mine and a lower GPA because BOTH of his parents were African American and only one of mine. Omarosa is very bold, and has undoubtedly sought out and taken full advantage of these types of opportunities.

Omarosa would have received no such preferential treatment here, however. As for her talent and ability, I did not see any. She had no common sense, she was not a "deal-closer," she was selfish, and showed a low level of intelligence. One of the key characteristics of intelligence is to adapt. Omarosa was the least adaptable person of the entire 16, with the possible exception of David, who rivalled both her ego and her ineptitude. She claimed that because she is an African American woman, there was less camera coverage of her on the show and people didn't see what she was REALLY like. I believe she got as much face time as anyone on the show, if not more. I, for one, had all I could stand of her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: UNBELIEVABLE BEHAVIOR! Bebo 03-05-04 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-04, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: UNBELIEVABLE BEHAVIOR!"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our community guidelines.

Since there are already discussions about Omarosa's interviews on other open discussions, I'm locking this as a duplicate and encouraging you to join in the existing discussions.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •