The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

candyr72 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
I have a hunch that Rebecca gets the axe soon and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if her "friend" Toral is the one who takes her to the boardroom.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon CouchTater 10-07-05 1
 RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon lrlr1 10-07-05 2
   The sorority girls have got to go! Pez 10-08-05 3
       RE: The sorority girls have got to ... CouchTater 10-08-05 4
   RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon DonnaLynn 10-08-05 5
   RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon CattyChat 10-08-05 6
       RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon Reality432423 10-09-05 7
           RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon JoshInSGV 10-11-05 9
 RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon Tough Cookie 10-09-05 8
 RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon Oscirus 10-14-05 10
   RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon lindan 10-14-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
I agree. While her loyalty, which the Donald seemed to be impressed with, is admirable, one has to be careful who one is loyal to.

If she would have paid attention, she would have seen that Toral was completely clueless at her assignment. Even if the showcase was dull, they could have made up for it in personality and at least having a clue how to operate common technology items like, a TV for example.

And then Toral's constant argument that she's smarter and has done all of these important things over the others, tells me that she's really dumb. If Toral were so smart, she would have said that she doesn't know how to operate everyday electronics and to please have her give out cake or something.

Rebecca standing up of Toral is going to be her downfall.

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
First of all, I find it interesting that Chris got booted for the same offense Rebecca committed -- choosing friendship over the good of the company. But then, Rebecca is prettier than Chris, so what the hey! Right, Donald?

IMO if Toral messes up again -- AND SHE WILL!! -- Rebecca will not come to her defense. Rebecca may be hard-headed, but I don't think she's stupid. BTW, hard-headed is the Donald's description. Mine would be 'insubordinate'. After all, he told her to choose Toral to bring back into the boardroom, and she didn't. I don't think DT will tolerate another such display of 'hard-headedness'.

If DT were fair (hah!), Rebecca would have been fired. By her 'loyalty' to friendship rather than competence, she showed her willingness to run one of DT's companies into the ground rather than lose a NEW-found friend. Not good business sense. And since this is a job interview, not good sense.

P.S. Toral stinks! Her arrogance (secretaries?!) and contempt for the other women is a total turn-off. If she were as dynamite as she seems to feel she is, she would let her performance speak for itself. Oh! That's right! She can't operate a remote control on a TV. But then, I don't think Wharton teaches one how to operate such complex computery!

Pez 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-05, 02:05 AM (EST)
3. "The sorority girls have got to go!"
To get rid of Torel because she could not operate a remote would be stupid and I think that Rebecca was very smart to realize this and not put her on the chopping block. There's lots of other dead wood to clear out first!

Individuals should be fired for their overall lack of performance, not for failing one aspect of one silly task. This is what really irritates me about this show. Trump should just give them numbers and spin a roulette wheel to see who goes home.

I think Rebecca is one of the smartest girls in the bunch. Her resume is impressive for her age. She is certainly better than that chick that one last year.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The sorority girls have got to go!"
"Individuals should be fired for their overall lack of performance, not for failing one aspect of one silly task. This is what really irritates me about this show."

What does overall mean? During the course of the show? Also, all of the tasks are silly and I think that all aspects of the tasks are important. That's how they are weeding out the losers. In this last task, Toral did NOT perform. She screwed up. From the editing at any rate, there were three people responsible for the girls' failure:

Rebecca, because she didn't check to see that things were running bad and try to rectify it,

Toral, because she didn't know how to operate a TV controller and lost the interest of those who would rate them, and

Jennifer W., because she just did a crappy job of creating an inviting and fun atmosphere.

Rebecca should have brought in Toral and Jennifer W. This is business and I think in business you have to keep your personal feelings out of it. Also at this point, it's obvious that Mr. T doesn't like Toral and outright stated that he would have fired her. So, Rebecca should think twice about sticking with Toral in the future.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"

>And since this is a
>job interview, not good sense.

That's a very good point. I think the contestants forget (as we viewers do as well) that this isn't a contest, but a JOB INTERVIEW!!! If the guy I'm interviewing with tells me to do something, I'm going to do it. He told her to bring Toral back in with her, she didn't do it. Heck, the week before he fired whats his name for not bringing his buddy back instead of Markus. He should have fired Rebecca on the spot.

http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-08-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
>First of all, I find it
>interesting that Chris got booted
>for the same offense Rebecca
>committed -- choosing friendship over
>the good of the company.
>But then, Rebecca is prettier
>than Chris, so what the
>hey! Right, Donald?

There was a BIG difference with what Chris did v. what Rebecca did. Markus really had absolutely no part in why they lost the Lamborghini task, which left Trump in no other position than to fire Chris.

On the other hand, Jennifer W. WAS a big part of why the women lost the tech task. Toral may have screwed up, but she wasn't a big reason for why they lost. IMO I don't think Trump would have been justified in firing Toral over Jen W, if Toral was brought into the boardroom.

While Rebecca's choice not to bring in Toral could have been a fatal mistake, I commend her for being hard headed in realizing that if a woman has a chance of winning, it needs to be a woman with corporate experience & brains. Seriously, Jen W. was an idiot & needed to go. She couldn't perform well on an easy job of decorating & catering an event, something she is supposedly experienced at. Truly pathetic.

I hope Rebecca & Toral stick together and watch each other's backs so they can make it towards the end. There is a lot of cattiness with this group of women (what a surprise, huh?). They need to weed out the sorority sisters.

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
I like Rebecca alot. She stood up for a friend and made a hard choice. Thursday episode, it was clear that the girls were creating a WITCH hunt to get Toral. Rebecca didn't fall for that.

I really like her alot. Even Trump tried to do the same thing. Bascially she wouldn't cave to the pressure and she actually did have Intregrity. Because the easier choice was bringing in Toral she chose the more difficult and honorable choice. Thats Integrity.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
I agree with you. It just looked like the women targeted Toral from the very beginning. In fact, many of the women had a very negative mentality throughout this task. For example, Kristi kept blaming Rebecca for her lack of motivation. I'm sorry but, how exactly is that Rebecca's fault? You're interviewing for a job. Why should your motivation depend on someone else? That's just plain stupid.

It seemed to me that the women expected Rebecca to bow out because she broke her ankle. When she didnt, they try to set her up for failure. Kristi's negative attitude showed lack of loyalty and an inability to work within a team. I dont understand why the women's team exhibit the same behavior year after year? They always have a sorority mentality and every week, there's a witch hunt.

Tough Cookie 256 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
I think it all depends. If she acts like Marcus and keeps her mouth shut for the next little while perhaps things will work out for her.

Siggie Courtesy of tribelphyl!
And that's the way the cookie crumbles

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-14-05, 05:37 AM (EST)
10. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
Wrong!

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-14-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I bet Rebecca gets booted soon"
We don't know yet. If Rebecca makes it to the finals, there is a chance that Toral might be a fired candidate who will help her in her task.

Also, In Apprentice 2, fired candiates were brought back and they get to participate in the boardroom. No gurantee that Toral (and maybe Melissa too) won't be brought back to work with others. Trump will think that having those 2 candidates brought back will create the catfights that viewers would love.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •