The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why can't everyone just get along?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jets 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-03-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why can't everyone just get along?"
Why does this always have to happen? So sad and it's always the innocent who are hurt the most.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=573&e=3&u=/nm/20020703/od_nm/otters_dc_1

Tourist Otters Confused by Accent

LONDON (Reuters) - Two Canadian otters at a sanctuary in Scotland have been placed under 24-hour protection from aggressive local otters who are confused by their "foreign accents," a newspaper reported Wednesday.

The National Sea Life Sanctuary in Oban has installed an electric fence and surveillance cameras to protect its Canadian guests, Fingal and Sula, according to The Independent.

Though almost twice the size of their wild Scottish relatives, the pair are disadvantaged by their foreign accents and scent.

"Dialects are common in animal communications, but because of the differences in the sounds they make it will be difficult for these Canadian otters to communicate with the native ones," Matthew Evans, an animal communications expert from Stirling University, was quoted as saying.

"There is no doubt dropping two foreign otters into a territory of wild locals would lead to the local ones beating the living daylights out of the new ones," he added.

The pair arrived at the center's Otter Creek on the banks of Loch Creran a year ago and are currently being housed in an indoor seal pup nursery.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... PepeLePew13 07-03-02 1
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Drive My Car 07-03-02 2
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... moonbaby 07-03-02 3
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Jets 07-03-02 4
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Teddy_Bear 07-04-02 5
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... SkyRaider 07-04-02 6
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Survivorchick 07-04-02 7
   RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Survivorerist 07-05-02 8
       RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Teddy_Bear 07-05-02 9
 RE: Why can't everyone just get alo... Kokoro 07-06-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Hmmm, my only question is whether they got the crap beaten out of them for saying "eh" too often? Eh? Maybe they'd have fit in well if they offered some Scotch whiskey to the other otters instead of Canadian Club, too.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Jets! Welcome! Nice to have you with us.
Good post!
I am curious if Canadian otters would get along with other North American Otters. I mean does the otter accent work in the states?
LOL Funny post.

Buggy - Shocked that they even have otters in Europe

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
LOL! Welcome aboard and thanks for the laugh! Cool your Jets and stay a while

Jets 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-03-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Drive My Car and Moonbaby, thank you for the welcome. It's nice to be here.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-04-02, 05:48 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Welcome to SBlows Jets; Your post had me ROTFLMAO!!!!
It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-04-02, 11:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Though almost twice the size of their wild Scottish relatives, the pair are disadvantaged by their foreign accents and scent.

It more likely that they are outcasts because they won't wear those silly kilts.

Welcome aboard, Jets!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-04-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
What?! Canadian otters don't have accents. Those Scottish otters are the ones with the accents!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-05-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
>>>What?! Canadian otters don't have accents. Those Scottish otters are the ones with the accents!<<<

Of course we don't, and we're twice the size of the other otters too. As a call out to all the ladies of the world, think about it...twice the size...

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-05-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
>>>>What?! Canadian otters don't have accents. Those Scottish otters are the ones with the accents!<<< Eh?
>
Of course we don't, and we're twice the size of the other otters too. As a call out to all the ladies of the world, think about it...twice the size...
>
<

ROTFLMAF!!!! Why Sir Erist, I didn't know you had it in you.```````

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.

Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-06-02, 11:03 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Why can't everyone just get along?"
Welcome to SB, Jets! It's very cool to see someone who ~started~ on the OT board ^-^

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •