The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Funny Names"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Funny Names"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-01 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

We need more inane, irreverent thresds to perk all of us up and get us back into the right frame of mind again. The last few days have been real tough on all of us and it's time to start moving on and bring some humour back while still keeping our thoughts on the serious happenings in the world.

One of the things that my wife and I love to do is to mock people's names that we see on the street or on TV, etc.

We're getting a particularly good laugh on teachers names this year -- the daughter of a good friend of ours has two Senior Kindergarten teachers and their names... no I'm not making this up... are Mrs. Horlick and Mrs. Dick. They really should count themselves lucky they don't teach in junior high or high school.

We also get a good laugh out of our son's Sr. Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Valoppi, which, naturally, we turn into "Mrs. Vallopian Tubes."

Got any interesting names to share?

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Funny Names Mon Cherie 09-20-01 1
 RE: Funny Names LadyT 09-20-01 2
   RE: Funny Names Mon Cherie 09-20-01 3
   RE: Funny Names dangerkitty 09-20-01 4
   US Olympian sleeeve 09-20-01 7
   RE: Funny Names LadyT 09-21-01 27
 Funny name joke dangerkitty 09-20-01 5
   RE: Funny name joke FreewayFlyer 09-20-01 8
 RE: Funny Names FreewayFlyer 09-20-01 6
 RE: Funny Names dangerkitty 09-20-01 9
 A shout out to Texans... PepeLePew13 09-20-01 10
   RE: A shout out to Texans... Dalton 09-20-01 11
   RE: A shout out to Texans... aymelek 09-21-01 20
   RE: A shout out to Texans... LadyT 09-21-01 28
 RE: Funny Names SkyRaider 09-21-01 12
 RE: Funny Names rameses 09-21-01 13
 RE: Funny Names desert_rhino 09-21-01 14
 RE: Funny Names SkyRaider 09-21-01 15
 RE: Funny Names MakeItStop 09-21-01 16
 RE: Funny Names PepeLePew13 09-21-01 17
 RE: Funny Names Survivorchick 09-21-01 18
 RE: Funny Names ItzLisa 09-21-01 19
   RE: Funny Names SkyRaider 09-21-01 26
 RE: Funny Names samiam 09-21-01 21
 RE: Funny Names George Tirebiter 09-21-01 22
   RE: Funny Names PepeLePew13 09-21-01 23
       RE: Funny Names VampKira 09-21-01 25
 RE: Funny Names Ronnet 09-21-01 24
 RE: Funny Names Riordan 09-22-01 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-20-01, 06:27 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Funny Names"
I once had a patient named Candace Kane. Candy Kane. Parents can be so cruel...

Mon Cherie

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Funny Names"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-01 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

I had a doctor named Dr Hymen. I am so not kidding. Would have been better if his first name was Richard. Dicque Hymen.

I also had a friend in college that ALWAYS went by the name Buster. He would never tell us his name. We got him drunk one night which wasn't hard, and he confessed that his parents named him Harold Richard. Harry Dicque
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-01, 07:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Funny Names"
ROFL! Those are too funny!

Mon Cherie

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Funny Names"
>I had a doctor named Dr
>Hymen.

Was he a gynecologist?

dangerkitty

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
7. "US Olympian"
Along similar lines, does anybody remember the U.S. Olympian that won the 200m fly at Sydney, last summer...

Well, it's Stanford swimmer Misty Hymen!!!

You gotta wonder what her parents were thinking...

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

09-21-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Funny Names"
The dr was a urologist, close enough?
GOD BLESS AMERICA

09-20-01, 07:45 PM (EST)
5. "Funny name joke "
It was the first day of fourth grade, and the kids had a new teacher. It was "Dirty Ernie"'s class. (does everyone know the Dirty Ernie - "Rats..." joke? - if not, let's just say that Ernie is the kid with the potty mouth).

Anyway, the teacher introduces herself. "Class, my name is Mrs. Prussy. I'll write in on the board, P-R-U-S-S-Y. It's really very easy to remember, it's just like pussy but with an 'r' in it."

So the next morning, the teacher stands up in front of the class. "Alright, children, who remembers my name?"

Dirty Ernie raises his hand. "I do: it's Mrs. Crunt!"

dangerkitty

FreewayFlyer 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-01, 08:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Funny name joke "
LOL at this story Dangerkitty. It reminded me of an old English teacher of mine from when I was about 12. Miss Crowther looked like she couldn't be too far off retirement and she used to call this class of girls pussies! If we had her for the last class of the day she wanted to be sure we were wearing our gloves (obviously this is not a recent event) for the journey home . "Come on pussies!" she would say. "Put up your paws!"

FreewayFlyer 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-01, 07:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Funny Names"
I once had to prepare some documents for a former colleague who we all knew as as Janice WOOD - but found that her first name was actually HOLLY!

09-20-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Funny Names"
There was a woman who worked for a company that we did business with whose name was Chocolate Lemon. This was her real, given name.

There was a client whose legal first name was Baby Girl, because when she was born, her father had only wanted a boy and he refused to name her or sign the birth certificate, something like that.

There was an appraiser whose name was Dick Krumweed. I always figured that was a good way to describe a bad date. "Ewww, I went out with a real Dick Krumweed last night!"

All these are from way back in my days of mortgage banking. I could go on and on with some of the borrowers names. Like the couple with the last name Piggee who owned a hot dog stand. Or the Vietnamese extended family members who were buying a home together; their loan file was labeled Dang/Dang/Dang. Another borrower was named Hung Man.

dangerkitty

09-20-01, 08:13 PM (EST)
10. "A shout out to Texans..."
Just wondering... is it true that there once was a governor of Texas with the surname Hogg? I've heard the old story that he supposedly had daughters named Ima and Yura.

If that's true... no wonder Texas has the death penalty.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-20-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: A shout out to Texans..."
Yes PePe that story is "half" true. And that's all I have to say on that subject.

Dalton
PS. I was in junior high with idential twin sisters who had the perfectly nice surname of "Turner". Their parents named them ---TRIXIE and DIXIE!!! How mean is that?? Yuck! Poo!

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-21-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: A shout out to Texans..."
Pepe, your post reminded me of this informative story. It's true! I swear!!!

How many times has someone said to you; "You don't know Jack Schitt?" Though this accusation is often made, you will now know his entire story..

Jack Schitt is the only son of O. Schitt and Awe Schitt. O. Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Awe Schitt, who later ran the Kneedeep Inn-Schitt. Jack Schitt eventually married Noe Schitt, and together they produced six children. Holy Schitt, their first child, passed on shortly after birth. Next came twin sons, Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt and then two daughters, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt. Their last child, another son, was named Bull Schitt. In the meantime, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. Dip Schitt married Lotta Schitt and they have a son, Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens Brothers. The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg Schitt, Bird Schitt and Horace Schitt. Bull Schitt just married a spicy number, Pisa Schitt and they are expecting the arrival of Baby Schitt. But, this one side of the family still carries a mystery! It's the side of Ol' Granny Schitt. Her FULL NAME: "Baga Schitt." Married a fella who died just two days later - from some kinda' breathing problem. So, now you know Jack Schitt and his entire family, when someone asks.

09-21-01, 08:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: A shout out to Texans..."
Was there father Boss Hogg? Did they live in Hazard County?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 00:41 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Funny Names"
In junior high, I knew a girl named Sally Fuch which she pronounced Foo-ch. That wasn't the way everyone else did, of course.

As far as I know, Sally never did Fuch.

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Funny Names"
My son's band teacher last year was Mr. Medley...isn't that just too perfect?

P.S.
This year the band teacher is Mr. Fleming, but for some reason I just want to call him Mr. Medley...it just feels right!!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Funny Names"
My son's band teacher is Mr. Blood.

-- JV

09-21-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Funny Names"
A few years ago, the Attorney General of California was a gent by the name of Lynch.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Funny Names"
My favorite funny name (so far) is Hung Man -- mentioned by DK. LOL

When I was a kid, I knew a boy whose name was Jack Frost! Parents can be so cruel.

09-21-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Funny Names"
Is it just me or is this real weird to you? I've never understood why parents would name their child the same as their last name -- I have a friend by the name of Daniel (aka Danny) Daniels and a fellow cottager by the name of Robert (Robbie) Roberts. What, were their parents a little slow that they decided to double-name their kids to make sure they KNOW what the family name is?

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 01:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Funny Names"
I still can't get over some of the names that former hippies named their children. I once knew a girl named Summer Forest

Survivorchick

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Funny Names"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-01 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

Oh, I know a BUNCH of these!!!

My Mom's doctor is named Dr. Slaughteroff!

My brother went to high school with a kid named Benjamin Franklin!

My first job in NY, in 1989, I was a receptionist/secretary at an architecture firm. One of the guys was Asian and his name was Yu Hwa Hung - the "Hwa" pronounced "ah". So you'd say his full name all together and it sounded like "You Aaah (are) Hung"! And to make matters worse, because of however his name originated in his country, he went by "Hung", not "Yu Hwa"! Now, the partners of the firm wanted me to page people by their full names - "John Smith, please call reception, John Smith, please call reception", etc. I made an exception with this guy - I flat out asked them, "PLEEEASE, don't make me page Hung by his full name!" The one partner thought it out for a second and when it dawned on him, went "Ohhhhhh!!!! Well, yes, of course, you don't have to page Hung by his full name!" But I still had to page him by "Hung!" I would try so hard not to laugh when I did it! Well this one guy I was buddies with, John, was the practical joker of the company. One day he was nearby when I had to announce on the loudspeaker, "Hung, come to reception please - Hung, come to reception!" Well, John comes racing across the lobby and flings himself at my desk and goes, "How many times have I told you, never page me by my nickname!!!!" That was it, I was a goner - I must have sat there for a good ten minutes, laughing till I cried! It was tough enough to page this guy, but after that, I could barely page him without cracking up!!!

09-21-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Funny Names"
<Well this one guy I was buddies with, John, was the practical joker of the company. One day he was nearby when I had to announce on the loudspeaker, "Hung, come to reception please - Hung, come to reception!" Well, John comes racing across the lobby and flings himself at my desk and goes, "How many times have I told you, never page me by my nickname!!!!" That was it, I was a goner - I must have sat there for a good ten minutes, laughing till I cried!>

OH, LISA!

You just made me laugh until *I* cried!

Oh, Osana! Your lunch is getting cold, come and eat!

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Funny Names"
There was an OB/GYN where I used to live by the name of Dr. Clapp.

Dated a guy in college by the name of Rick O'Shea.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-21-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Funny Names"
Ahhhh. . . Pépé, single-handedly riding herd over the OT to make it a kinder, gentler forum. . . *pours him a large iced tea with a sprig of peppermint* (<Why? I dunno--just seemed the right thing for such a hard-working skunk. . .)

Can't think of any modified names off the top of my head, but I went to school with a girl named Debby Pitts--and her dad (I think he was even superintendent of schools) was named Harold. . . and for some unfathomable reason, he actually went by the usual nickname, HARRY. (Must I spell it out for you? Harry PITTS?) Always felt sad for that girl, although his position at work and the country club seemed to counteract the name's effect on adults. . .

Not an especially clever "name" story, but at that same time, we had a local car dealer named Jim Holdiman--and (we think because of nerves or some affliction that made it impossible to hold still) he performed all his commercials with his hands wedged firmly in his armpits (oooh! a theme!) Just a weasely little bald guy with hornrims, holding on for dear life and racing through his spiel in a rapid monotone.

Mkay--so Jim Holdiman was a stretch. . . but you've got to admit Harry Pitts was on a par with those oldies but goodies from Ripley's like "Ima June Bugg!"

GT

09-21-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Funny Names"
>Ahhhh. . . Pépé, single-handedly riding herd over the OT to
>make it a kinder, gentler forum. . . *pours him
>a large iced tea with a sprig of peppermint*
(<Why?
>I dunno--just seemed the right thing for such a hard-working
>skunk. . .)

Hard working? Nahh... humour isn't really work at all, but why, thank you for the iced tea (is it a long island version? ) As for the other stuff... I've resorted to putting fingers into my ears and singing LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-21-01, 07:22 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Funny Names"
Oooohhh Pepe! I LOOOVVVE Le Long Island Iced Teas! I think they are the only alcoholic drink I have ever had that doesn't taste like there is any alcohol in it.. Which is both a good thing, and a bad thing.. Le hee!

Oh yeah.. I KNOW I know some people with strange names, but am drawing a blank right now. I know a "Cindy Grill" and always thought that sounded strange.... and two Lance's that I know come to mind... Wood and Buck. ( whose sister's name is Ellen, and I remember hearing "EllendmeaBuck" alot when we were kids.

"Heal the world... make it a better place."

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-21-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Funny Names"
My mother went to school with a girl names Gay Beavers.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-22-01, 09:59 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Funny Names"
These are names of real people *I* have personally met:

Golden Ruhl
Tommy Hawk (even better here in Braves country)
Sundae Spice (a Miller Lite girl IRL no less... perfect)
Princess Bathsheba (sp? her LEGAL name, had something to do w/ her religion)
Holly N. Ivey (her MARRIED name no less)

I, too, hate the same first/last names. Went to school w/ Mitch Mitchell. Yuck

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •