The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-10-03, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

But, they only got booed during the monologue. When they were introduced, the applause was very muted, but no boos. Of course Mel did most of the talking. Leno was refreshingly skeptical about the whole show. Mel proactively denied the story that she ran off into the desert when the AJs arrived. Stormy said he doesn't live with his parents anymore (a van down by the river?). Much to my surprise both Mel & Stormy said that neither of them got any money for being on the show (now that's just pathetic), and they both claimed to have little money. Mel said Stubble was on the cover of Forbes (he wasn't). They showed a really bad picture of Stubble. The whole interview was about 2 minutes.

I also have an observation regarding the bus that doens't seem to be worth it's own thread. Why couldn't they drive Adam back to the house in the Limo he arrived in? They made it a point to drive Adam back to the house in a huge bus.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno ego 12-10-03 1
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno Chrissy gal 12-10-03 2
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno heracane 12-10-03 3
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 7
       RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno CanadianJoe 12-10-03 14
           RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 18
       RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno sbeck 12-10-03 15
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno Drive My Car 12-10-03 4
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno ladro 12-10-03 10
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno mld0806 12-10-03 5
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno ladro 12-10-03 11
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno rilond 12-10-03 6
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno mrc 12-10-03 8
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno Joyful 12-10-03 9
       RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno SurvivorBlows 12-10-03 12
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno LOOK321 12-10-03 16
       RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno Chrissy gal 12-10-03 17
           RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno strange_encounter 12-11-03 19
               RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno ladro 12-11-03 20
 In the "no big deal, JustMe2001M 12-10-03 13
 RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno draiko 12-11-03 21
   RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno Chrissy gal 12-12-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 02:48 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Why couldn't they drive Adam back to the house in the Limo he arrived in? They made it a point to drive Adam back to the house in a huge bus.

because apparently it's MORE FUN to humiliate the hell out of a loser?

/puke

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 03:51 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
I just watched Leno (West Coaster here!). Melena sure talked a lot! Jay asked Jason if he ever got a word in edgewise. Melena said something about working on plucking Jason's eyebrows and having him use Crest White Strips. I guess that's what she meant when she said he was a diamond in the rough.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-10-03, 07:37 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
NO WAY!

It is even worse than i thought it could be. I thought they weren't together anymore

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

>Melena said something about working on plucking Jason's eyebrows and
>having him use Crest White Strips. I guess that's
>what she meant when she said he was a diamond
>in the rough.

Man, the woman is even more shallow than I thought. Pretty boy isn't handsome enough for her yet -- he needs SOME MORE WORK on his physical appearance?

And here I was assuming the "diamond in the rough" was referring to his lack of professional accomplishment, etc. and that she was confident he was going to accomplish his dreams.

But hey, given that she clearly considers herself a "diamond" and has accomplished little that's not based on her physical appearance, why should we be surprised.

I'm thinking the real purpose of this show was to show how that neverending claim by women that "looks aren't important" is nothing but a farce among most women. I bet the producer of this show is a large, unattractive guy who's been scorned by women for years and this was his payback, LOL.

-SB

CanadianJoe 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
I agree with you on most of your post. Yes, we should not be surprised about how she considers herself and Jason "diamonds". Yes, she is possibly more shallow than even WE thought. Yes, the point of this show could well have been to show that women who say looks aren't important are full of BS. But as far as the producer of the show trying to get back at all the women who may have treated him the same way, do you really think he would have done it this way? I mean, if the women who did this to him (assuming that's true, of course) see this show, they're probably laughing at him even more now than before. I think if he wanted to get back at those women he would have had some average joe choosing among gorgeous women and making those women like like crap. If he wanted revenge he would have made women the target. If you see some of the postings here, you will see that men (especially the real average guys) are clearly more disturbed and offended by this show than any women were.

12-10-03, 09:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

>But as far as the producer of the show trying
>to get back at all the women who may have
>treated him the same way, do you really think he
>would have done it this way?

Sorry, that was intended as a joke, thus was "LOL" at the end.

Supposedly the show was actually commissioned by an NBC executive:

"Jeff Zucker commissioned the concept, arguing the Peacock should do a "show with guys like us, as opposed to all these models you see on these shows."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1176

The producers do admit that they originally played to basically ridicule the men and then changed their minds after realizing the "depth of feeling" that the men had:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1970

...but I certainly do think that after seeing how transparent Melana was and deciding to make the men "heroes" of sorts, they didn't hestitate to make a point of showing what a hypocrite Melana was... right down to the voiceover clip at the end where she carried on about selecting Jason for his great looks.... and no mention of anything else. Also, from the preview of the second season (I'll be posting vidcaps sometime this weekend) it's also clear that their "gloves are off" so to speak as far as trying to make the girl look good.

-SB

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-10-03, 09:12 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
LOL! Couldn't have said it better myself! I think everyone - men and women alike - need to have SOME sort of physical attraction included in the whole potion of what makes the perfect partner. Of course, I remind my boyfriend all the time that he's lucky I'm a gorgeous woman who can look into a person's soul

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"

Mel said Stubble was on the cover of Forbes (he wasn't).

I believe he was. Matt Lauer talked about it on the Today Show when the guys did an interview the day of the finale episode.

12-10-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Lauer said Stubble was on the cover of Forbes, it is not like he researches anything he says. (Maybe Forbes put Stubble on the cover this month because of the attention surrounding the show, but I highly doubt it) The real story is that Stubble was one of half a dozen day traders quoted in two Fortune magazine articles, the first in 2000, the second (a follow up) in 2001. In the first article Stubble was working for a large day trading company, and trading with the company's money, in the second Stubble had started his own company (along with 3 other partners) whom were using their own money and/or investor money. The articles profiled the continued popularity of day trading despite the market downturn, the articles did not profile Stubble. I find it humorus that people jump to the conclusion that Stubble is a Millionaire just because he owns a partial interest in a stock trading company and a bar.

mld0806 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Is it just me or did little ol' Jason seem a bit like he was just along for the ride, and a bit annoyed about the fact. He didn't exactly look like he was happy to be there, or happy to be with Melena.

12-10-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Yes. Stormy was in the awkward second seat position. I felt sorry for him for a second. But only for a second.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-10-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Mel was prissy or something. She kept throwing her hair bach and forth. She acted as if she was auditioning for a TV Show. Maybe she was trying to get attention. She did all the talking. Maybe it was nerves.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
New poster here.

Jason also avoided Jay's question about whether he and Mel were still together. He said something to the effect that the connection that they had on the show was real. (What about now, wanker?!)

It seemed to me that Mel (who absolutely did ALL of the talking) wanted people to believe that they were still a hot item. I guess Jason didn't get that memo, or maybe he hasn't covered that topic at his "college" yet!

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-10-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
>Mel was prissy or something.
>She kept throwing her hair
>bach and forth. She
>acted as if she was
>auditioning for a TV Show.
> Maybe she was trying
>to get attention. She
>did all the talking.
>Maybe it was nerves.

Maybe she was trying to get a commercial deal with Crest White Strips?

12-10-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
>Maybe she was trying to get
>a commercial deal with Crest
>White Strips?

If she were smart, she would have worked Chicken Of The Sea into the interview -- those folks already expressed an interest in some type of pseudo-celeb endorsement deal

LOOK321 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
did you see her on Regis and Kelly? Regis and Kelly were trying to have a conversation with her, but she was facing the audience and the cameras and totally not looking at Regis or Kelly. Little snot

12-10-03, 09:27 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
When was she on Regis & Kelly? What did she have to say?

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

strange_encounter 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-11-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
She has to make the best use of her time. That 15 minute clock is winding down fast. Her career will go the route of Darva Conger (I know, I didn't spell it right but who cares. For those who don't remember, she's the chick that married the Who Wants to Marry a Milllionaire guy then backed out like she was such a victim. I think she was the root of most blond jokes.) As for Melana, no shows will be calling and she'll be resigned to the "washed up" appearances. Within a year, she'll be doing celebrity boxing matches.

12-11-03, 01:53 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Mel vs. Paris Hilton, three rounds, I would watch that. My crystal ball also sees newsmaker episodes of 'the weakest link', 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' and, if she's lucky,'fear factor' in Mel's future. Mel's favorite chairty could be Crest white strips for starving waiters. Darva Conger...I can't say that name without reflexively crossing my legs.

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
13. "In the "no big deal,"
but didja know" category......Melana and Jason are both in classmates.com. Melana actually has a bio.....her career is "other", her major is "communications" and her political views are "liberal". She went to Park University?????????????..in Parkville, MO???????????????????.

Jason went to Irvine HS.....and, uh......that's it.

draiko 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 11:24 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
I'm a new poster here, and found this when I was curious to know more about Average Joe.

I watched the Jay Leno show when the two came on, and thought it was a little lame. However, I caught something that I thought was hilarious. Jason said that he was 27 at the beginning of the interview, and then later on, Melena (sp?) said that he was 26.

Some couple huh?

12-12-03, 00:11 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Mel & Stormy get booed on Leno"
Melena was referring to something that happened when the show was being filmed 7 months ago when Jason was 26. And Jason was talking in present tense - he is currently 27.

Chrissy gal

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •