The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How come we don't see Average Jane?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

cougarlogic 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"How come we don't see Average Jane?"
Well, the secret is out. No matter how much money a guy makes, looks and technique still count for something among the general US female populace. See, we're not THAT shallow guys...or are we?

However, I predict we will NEVER see Average Jane. How come?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How come we don't see Average J... DeCloah 12-10-03 1
 RE: How come we don't see Average J... Kat77 12-10-03 2
 RE: How come we don't see Average J... Bebo 12-10-03 3
 RE: How come we don't see Average J... mld0806 12-10-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DeCloah 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: How come we don't see Average Jane?"
Because despite all this, women producers still think that men care more about looks than women

Kat77 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
2. "RE: How come we don't see Average Jane?"
Hmm...I don't know - people ALWAYS need to even out the male/female thing. I mean, look at the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. I bet we see an Average Jane...

And I think women CAN be shallow. I think Melana proved it by picking Jason. Not that that was COMPLETELY shallow, but she had a choice between a pretty boy and an average joe whom I thought was the funnier, brighter one of the two, and whom she SEEMED to light up more around when they were on dates. Maybe it's just my perception, but...that's what I saw.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: How come we don't see Average Jane?"
Welcome to the forums. A number of posters are already discussing those topics here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID58/109.shtml

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

mld0806 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
4. "RE: How come we don't see Average Jane?"
I say a few reasons:

1) Women already assume men go for the looks more than anything else. As true as that might be in a large number of cases, they wouldn't buy the guy not going for looks.

2) Women have a much larger self esteem issue than guys. If us men are the "Average Joe" they showed on the show, we'll go ahead and make an ass of ourself on the OUTSIDE chance that it might work, or we'll have fun. A woman would never want to be qualified as an "Average Jane". Nor would one who would qualify as the "average jane" have the confidence to try out for a dating show, no matter what. It would be tough to find a good pool of Janes.

3) Viewers don't want it. Men don't want to see plain women, and women don't want to see women land a good guy. Huh? Nope, they don't. Look at why a lot of people watched Joe Millionaire. They watched to see the money grubbing b****es put in their place, not so they could see people find true love.

All of those are why we won't be seeing Average Jane any time soon.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •