The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cassie's adoption"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jndinc1 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jndinc1 Click to send private message to jndinc1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cassie's adoption"
I am confused. I have watched SO since the second season, and I believe I have seen every single episode since then, but I have missed something major and I am hoping someone can fill me in.

Cassie was mentioning today to her son that she got a gift from her birth mother, which she wanted to pass on to him. I guess I didn't remember that Cassie was adopted. Didn't Cassie get a visit last year from her mom, and she was trying to tell her about how she was almost raped, and how difficult her childhood was, etc. Her mom was just clueless and was basically saying, "Oh I didn't think things were that bad. You had a normal childhood." She seemed to be either on drugs or just dumb. Her mom was really spacy. Cassie didn't really get what she was hoping for from the visit, and it seemed to be a complete waste of a visit.

Was that her biological mom or her adoptive mom? What were the circumstances surrounding her adoption? Was Cassie the one who lived with an aunt and uncle or something? I must have missed this entirely. Thanks for any clarity you can give me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cassie's adoption Zephyr 05-01-06 1
   RE: Cassie's adoption Juliejo 05-02-06 2
   RE: Cassie's adoption elgin 05-02-06 4
       RE: Cassie's adoption kree 05-02-06 6
   RE: Cassie's adoption jndinc1 05-02-06 7
       RE: Cassie's adoption susieq790 05-02-06 8
           RE: Cassie's adoption elgin 05-03-06 10
 RE: Cassie's adoption mMicki 05-02-06 3
 RE: Cassie's adoption ChristinaJB 05-02-06 5
   RE: Cassie's adoption susieq790 05-02-06 9
       RE: Cassie's adoption elgin 05-03-06 11
           RE: Cassie's adoption Baxtera 05-03-06 12
           RE: Cassie's adoption susieq790 05-03-06 15
 RE: Cassie's adoption jennyhead 05-03-06 13
   RE: Cassie's adoption sweet cheeks 05-03-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Zephyr 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zephyr Click to send private message to Zephyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Sorry, no clarity from me, but I'm glad you asked because I had the same thoughts. "Since when were you adopted" I thought.

And I do remember her mom visiting. It was terrible. She was so gross. Rhonda had to cut the visit short the woman was such an idiot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Cassie did say just prior to the meeting with her son that she too had been adopted.

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
That horrid, cold, stupid, careless, ignorant, thoughtless woman was Cassie's actual birth mother.
Isn't that sad beyond belief? My heart has hurt for her since I first heard her story. It's easy to get lost in life when you have no one to love you or anyone to guide and care for you. Kim and Cassie shared so much of neglect and pain in their life as small children. To think of parents doing things like what happened to the two of them is so beyond my brain's ability to absorb this terribleness. How do you "dump off" a child? Both mothers did. To wonder how they made it to S.O. house is just miraculous. Most people like them end up dead or on the streets forever or abusing children themselves.
To me, the two most compelling stories in S.O. History are Cassie and Kim. How these two woman even survived at all is a testiment to the debth of strength the two of them possess.
I wish them both the absolute best that life can bring them.
My love, my prayers, my hopes are for these two. They have suffered unimaginable horrors and still perservered and knew they needed help and sought it out and did all their assignments (even if they didn't get ALL of it) & they still tried. I watched how sincerely earnest both of their faces always were when hearing suggestions and when talking to L.C.'s or The Wonderful Dr. Stan. There was a purity in their faces that other H.G.s don't always have because they had never really been helped, taught in a loving manner for their own benefit. I think if the show has done nothing else of any value ever, it has shown me the wonders of healing and forgiveness and fighting to move forward against all the odds.
I for one hope very hard that the show remains on the air and that while they do dumb production stuff and stuff for ratings that under all of the editing there is real work and help being done for those in need. God bless Cassie, Kim and all the others, God bless both Iyanla and Rhonda and Dr Stan and continue to give them all they need to guide and help others.

kree 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kree Click to send private message to kree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Well said.

jndinc1 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jndinc1 Click to send private message to jndinc1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Zephyr, you hit the nail on the head when you called her an idiot. I thought I was being harsh calling her dumb, but she really was an idiot. There was definitely something wrong with that woman in the head.

susieq790 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susieq790 Click to send private message to susieq790 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
I am very new at this site. I was just reading some of the things said about Cassie. I also placed (forced) a son up for adoption 29 years ago, and it has been a roller coaster. I can feel all the feelings all over again after watching Cassie go through this process. I searched for my son when he turned 21 and found him after hiring a P.I. in one day!!! I had gone to meetings for a year regarding birthmothers and birthfathers, so I was prepared somewhat. I have a very guarded relationship w/him. I would love to be closer w/him, but it's so hard. He doesn't want to be close some days and others he wants to be close. He has had a hard time because of the guilt he feels towards his A-mom. I can understand that. I don't know what I am to him yet, even after all these years. I remember being on cloud 9 after I found him. We took it slow for meeting each other. We had e-mailed for about a year before the real meeting took place. I will never in my life forget that day. I was soooo happy and felt so blessed to have found out he was alive and well. I never got over the decision I had to make. I was full of guilt and shame until I met him. He is a sweet and kind young man. I hope to one day have a consistent relationship with him. Everybody in my family and all my friends thought I was going overboard, just like they think Cassie is now. She does have to slow down, but jeez, it's just been a day. She needs time to process this also. I say let her have the peace she feels for now, but then play it slowly. God bless her. She deserves all of what she has right now. I'm keeping glued to the TV because I do want to see how this all plays out. My own experience is boys are much harder to connect with than girls (I learned that through the meetings). I find it to be very true.

This is a very interesting site and I look forward to reading more. This is my first time writing. I love hearing all of your comments. I have gotten addicted to this show.

Thanks,
sus

05-03-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
You are a brave woman who did the most difficult and best thing. Be patient. He has a real family that he grew up with and he has yet to learn to expand his love. God bless you.

mMicki 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mMicki Click to send private message to mMicki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
I remember that too, and I think that was her adoptive mom. It sure did give some insight as to why Cassie was so messed up as kid.........her mom was unbelievable!

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
I believe that was her bio mom - the nut case that came to the SO house. She couldn't raise Cassie so she gave her up and the family that took her in (I'm not sure if it was her family or ?) but then she was abused by that family and was almost raped by an uncle I believe?

05-02-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susieq790 Click to send private message to susieq790 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
I missed that show completely. I did not know they had Cassie's mother on. Was she warm to her? What is her story now w/her mother? Boy, she's been through a lot! Can someone fill me in? I also did not know she was adopted. Did they find her b-mother also or did she know her already? What is/was her adoptive mother like?

Thanks for the info.

05-03-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
If you wonder why Cassie's life was so screwed up all it took for real understanding was watching her REAL BIRTH mother so cavalerly tell Cassie that she didn't have it THAT bad. This woman was cold, crude, hideous, callus, and totally unfeeling. Cassie was supposed to have dinner with her and Cassie was in shock listening to this woman and then couldn't hardly swallow for wanting to cry. She kept asking "don't you love me Mamma"?
I wanted to grab the woman by the arm and shake her and then toss her out to the street and then hug Cassie and tell her it would all be ok. When Cassie got back to the house she locked herself in the powder room (as far as she could get before she totally fell apart) and laid on the floor howling and crying in grief and rejection. Her MOTHER had rejected her yet again. The horrid ugly pig woman. I think people watching thought that was the adoptive mother but it was her REAL mother and what a terrible example of maternalness that was. Made me want to go take a bath and brush my teeth just watching that horrid woman and what she did to Cassie. She ate her dinner drank her drink, crapped all over Cassie and boom she was gone. Even Rhonda in the before dinner meeting was STUNNED at the woman and her coldness and thoughtlessness and ignorance. Imagine a woman devoid of brains, feelings, soul and beauty. That was Cassies birth mother. EXACT opposite of Cassier herself.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Cassie's birth mother is an example of a reunion that isn't the dream people think it will be and it is the reality sadly of some adoptees. That's why it is important to have it be done safely and with support. From the sounds of it SO could easily have known this was not going to be good for Cassie and still both Cassie and SO chose to go through with it. You have to wonder why?

05-03-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
Elgin:
I just had a question. Being new to this, is there anywhere on any website that you can view a show you missed. I wanted to see Cassie w/her birthmother and also I missed the whole thing with Sommer coming to the house until she was already there.

Just checking to see if there is some archive you can watch.

Thanks,
Susie

jennyhead 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennyhead Click to send private message to jennyhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cassie's adoption"
It's a confusing story even if you have watched it from the beginning as I have also. Not only was Cassie adopted and then placed in an abusive family situation, Cassie's bio mom was also adopted and she was abused too. Cassie has mentioned several times about her crazy family history, and I believe this is what she is basically referring to. I like Cassie and hope and pray she has broken this cycle by reconnecting with her son and offering her love in whatever capacity he is ready for. And I hope Dustin's A-mom can realize that by "freaking out" (Dustin's words) about Cassie will only hurt her own relationship with Dustin in the long run. Good luck to them all. I hope the A-dad steps in on this one.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cassie's adoption"

AMEN TO THAT SISTER.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •