The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-21-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
What is up with Christie going around giving advice to everyone like she is an authority? Why can't she just lend an ear and be supportive? I was amazed when she was telling Kim how to handle her alcoholic husband and how important it is to go to AA meetings when Christie's never been herself. Today she went on and on and on to Niambi about what she must do about Mr. Situation. I was cracking up when Christie decided to go get her journal and read it out loud. Niambi was trying so hard to figure out what Justin has to do with her?

Christie sure knows a lot for someone who hasn't been out of the SO house in months to test any her "tools". I guess those two Passages meetings were magic.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie Twinkles 04-22-06 1
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie standinmytruth 04-23-06 15
 RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie eire_heart74 04-22-06 2
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie petmama 04-22-06 8
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie Speical Kay 04-23-06 11
 RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie snowflake2 04-22-06 3
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie zipitgood 04-22-06 4
       RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie alaholly 04-22-06 5
           RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie alaholly 04-22-06 6
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie SeasonedRefinement 04-22-06 7
       RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie MicheyleK77 04-22-06 9
           RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie PanchoVilla 04-22-06 10
       RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie Speical Kay 04-23-06 12
           WARNING - Speical Kay Bebo 04-23-06 13
                   RE: WARNING - Speical Kay Gizelle 04-23-06 16
                       RE: WARNING - Speical Kay Cinnamongirl30 04-23-06 17
 RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie toktub 04-24-06 18
   RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie Juliejo 04-24-06 19
       RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie Boots12565 04-25-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-22-06, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
She's reached a new phase of Christie-dom. I've seen these:
1. Hi, Enters SO for Body Image (Secretly finishing Vicodin Detox)
2. Outed for Multiple Addictions, Starts detox from alcohol
3. Angry Hibernation and Silently Absorbing while other people drone, gossip, and have one-on-one fights
4. Whirlwind Modeling Portfolio
5. *new* Shares Random Wisdom Gleaned from Personal Insights *new*

Her ideas might sound random or like it's not founded on much but she does have a lot of life experience. I got the idea that she had tried AA or that type 12 step group in the past and Passages was in contrast to it. I recall her saying how different it was from the usual approach. Either way, it shows some self-esteem that she thinks she has something to offer.

She arrived at the house from an addiction treatment place. They usually are paired with Narcotics Anonymous groups or at least would have groups where they would pass wisdom to her.

In the past she just listened and nodded thinking that was the ideal, friendly supportive thing to do when someone talked at you. She started with Kim and whenever she asked "can I offer you something?" Kim would say "no". Christie would complain to the cameras that Kim was draining but not assert her right to stop participating in the conversation.

Eventually she gave Kim advice about AA and dealing with alcoholics - speaking as one. Either she's feeling more courageous or she's just waking up!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
i hear what your are saying yet i really feel that christie came into the house lying about her life and that she is still not keeping it real. i think rhonda needs to address christe's problem with the truth. otherwise, i fear she will go back to her addictions eventually.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Christie seems to be to long in that house because I think she thinks she's Rhonda's right hand gal. Can't have Rhonda, go to Christie!

She did meet with someone about going to NA in the begining of her story. They'll never show it though because they can't film those meetings. I do hope she is going to some sort of outside support group because it is a lifelong struggle she will have not cured by a few months on tv.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-22-06, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
>Christie seems to be to long
>in that house because I
>think she thinks she's Rhonda's
>right hand gal.
> Can't have Rhonda,
>go to Christie!...

She's obviously Rhonda's pet. Rhonda was always slammimg TJ for "coaching", but Christie could "coach" her HM's to death. With Rhonda's blessing.
And, did you notice how Rhonda was stroking Christie's bare arm yesterday?

Speical Kay 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-23-06, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Speical%20Kay Click to send private message to Speical%20Kay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I am a recovering alcoholic and have been for 8 years. I am not surprised that they aren't showing Christie going to AA/NA meetings. Especially with Rhonda also being in recovery. They can't show the meetings due to anominity issues and also she may be going to closed meetings which means only recovering alcoholics are to be there no visitors. Often times in open meetings there are ihterns there with a notepad but they can't take notes.

If you have no experience of being an alcoholic, please try not to sterotype. Just because meetings aren't mentioned doesn't mean she isn't going.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-22-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I have also noticed that recently, Christie seems to be one of those HG's who believes that their stay at SO qualifies them to be "mini-Life Coaches". Her comments in the confessionals have taken on a condescending tone, and now always seem to focus on her observations of other HG's---what they aren't doing right, what they still "don't get", how she is "concerned for them, etc.---as though she herself is now all "fixed" and qualified to dispense pearls of wisdom on every issue.

She diagnosed Kim's family's alcohol situation, and gave Kim directives on what she MUST do about it. She was sooo concerned about Jodi and her inability to "remove her mask". When the new HG's arrived, Christie pitied them for their lack of "tools", but remembered that she was once like them, before she assembled her impressive arsenal of wisdom and insight. She looked on in amusement as Antonia's told her story...oh, Christie can hardly fathom someone being so messed up. How fortunate for Kim that Christie was there to correct her apology letters, and worry about her "digging a hole" at Kelly's graduation. And Niambi is so lucky that she now has access to Christie's vast knowledge of men and relationships. Christie keeps reminding us how she has become a bottomless pit of "compassion" for all these people who are so obviously beneath her. After a few sessions with her personal trainer, she'll probably be an expert on all aspects of fitness, too.

I don't think Christie really ever had a lack of self-esteem. If anything, she has superiority issues, and they are still on full display.

And what was really behind her crying jag when she heard Kim was graduating?

zipitgood 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipitgood Click to send private message to zipitgood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I too think she was jealous Kim was leaving.. she and Jodie go on pity parties when people leave because they are mad!! "I felt a connection" "she was a breathe of fresh air" barf barf barf, if they had a chance they would empty out the knife drawer.. I also think Christie has a desire to be Andy Page number 2...Rhondas "errand angel!"

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I think Christie is suffering from the "I've been here longer than you so I know more than you do...and I'll straighten you out" syndrome. It has happened to lots of housemates in the past a la Jill etc. They all seem to feel that the old hosemates need to "advise" the newbies. All you need to become a Life Coach is a few weeks in the Starting Over House.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Reread above post and thought...

"Old HOSEmates" Hmmm typo or truth? hehe.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I completely agree. I do not believe for a moment that Christy has a low self-esteem problem.

So her initiation into the world of modeling didn't bring the reaction she expected. No one said, "Dear Lord...where have YOU been hiding that face????" So instead of just admitting that she had grossly underestimated the criteria for modeling, she muses, "I don't know if this is really what I want to do" - as if she actually has a choice in the matter.

She'll probably sweat for a few days on the treadmill, and then become an obnoxious proponent of exercise - all the while reminding the others that she "remembers" how difficult it was to get started (four days ago).

I have no idea why Christie is shedding tears over Kim's graduation. Could it be because Kim is her "girl" - the one who bought lightnesss into the house??? I thought Kim was an alcoholic in denial, the chief offender in breaking the "support contract" upon which Christie's sobriety hinges. I thought Christie had a litany of offenses against Kim (including the opinion that Kim treated her mother badly and didn't appreciate that wonderful, symbolic birthday party). Oh well, what do the viewers know anyway, LOL!

But hey, Christie has had eight FULL weeks of SO training now. She is more than qualified to give advice on group living, life coaching, conflict resolution, spotting and diagnosing alcoholism, beauty tips, calling out those who "don't get it", being supportive, romantic relationships, physical fitness, journaling, plastic surgery, public speaking, and modeling. Wow...no wonder she's so taken with herself.

MicheyleK77 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MicheyleK77 Click to send private message to MicheyleK77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"

>
>
>She'll probably sweat for a few
>days on the treadmill, and
>then become an obnoxious proponent
>of exercise - all the
>while reminding the others that
>she "remembers" how difficult it
>was to get started (four
>days ago).

A lot of times when people learn new things about themselves they become overly zealous in sharing their information and input in other people's lives, especially those people closer to them. Maybe that is the case with Christie and others? Maybe they are starting to realize important things about themselves and they are so excited about their new awarenesses that they want to share. Of course, since they are currently living in a house with five other women who are there to become better people, it might seem like the right thing to do is to share their "knowledge" and growth. While they might have good intentions, their approach might be filled with superiority and may seem condescending.

It would probably be a good idea, in my opinion, if part of their program included learning how to share their new knowledge in an effective way that does not intimidate or put themselves on a high pedastal while delivering it.

>
>I have no idea why Christie
>is shedding tears over Kim's
>graduation.

Yes, I thought of that too. I think that there is so much that we don't see. Someone mentioned before how much editing there is on the show. I read someplace that they end up with 80 hours of footage everyday from all the cameras they have going. In interests of keeping the ratings, I'm sure they choose to air the things that have the most drama and confrontation because that is what sells. Six women living in one house, all of them trying to get help, all of them openly making themselves vulnerable and talking in a candid way about their mistakes in life, there is bound to be drama. Whenever you have any amount of people living in close quarters there is drama...especially women? lol
I remember reading what Denise is doing now and she mentioned that she wishes the show would have included more scenes of the fun she and Towanda had. Fun is great, but unfortunately, drama sells. We might never know what kinds of great things they shared together, the happy times, but I am pretty sure they exist, but are not focused on enough, which is annoying because then it confuses us viewers when we all we see are negative aspects of the relationships being shown and then the next thing we know they're crying and sad about the person graduating and going on about how much they've changed. It's very confusing.

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-22-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I am sure they are not as shallow as they appear, well, lets hope not!

Speical Kay 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Speical%20Kay Click to send private message to Speical%20Kay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
I think a person can not really be connected to another person and still be able to give support. One doesn't have to like another to support others efforts.

Honestly, comments made on this site from some people, do you realize you are acting and saying and gossiping just like those in the house? Look at yourselves and how judgemental you are based on a show that has been edited to create attitudes just like this. Sure makes for good tv, but hurting others by your mean comments puts you right there with them.....IMO

I find that I learn something from adversity the most. This house wasn't made to be easy. Nor FIX any problems in such a short time. Hopefully the process will help others get the tools they need and go outside of the house and continue their work. If not, then they need to keep going through what they are going through until they get it. Who the heck am I sit in judgement of what they should do, act or anything. Many of us on this board have the same issues. Until you have been in the house 24/7 and knowing EVERYTHING that has gone one, then I would reserve judgment. Looking instead for the messages that may help ourselves. I find a little of myself in about every women that has entered the house. This isn't the best season. But again, I try to look at how it can help me, not how bad they are "getting it."

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "WARNING - Speical Kay"
Our community guidelines allow positive and negative comments on the show and its participants, but do not permit posters to criticize each others for the comments they make. We have a FAQ on this forum that clearly points out that posters are not allowed to comment on how judgmental other posters are, since after all, that's exactly what you're being when you make those remarks.

You don't have to agree with how we do things around here. But if you are going to continue posting here, you need to read - and follow - our guidelines.

Gizelle 6 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gizelle Click to send private message to Gizelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WARNING - Speical Kay"
....and I thought that I was the only one who sees Christie in this light....whew...on other message boards she's a freakin saint!!

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-23-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WARNING - Speical Kay"
While Christie is seemingly doing well at abstaining from her addictions( it's not like she has a choice) she really has no place giving advice to other people. That to me shows that she is a fake and a wannabe. If someone like her offered me advice I'd be like thanks but no thanks don't even pretend to be a therapist. Work on your own problems and issues girl. How about we both jump on the treadmill or something. What you read a few self help books and you think you're an expert?? How about applying it too your life for a few years and then we'll talk. She is getting to be a bit of a joke.

toktub 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toktub Click to send private message to toktub Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Why is Christie still there? When was the last time she had a session with an LC or Dr. Stan? I just see her sitting around, never working on any assignments. (And I missed Friday's show - in case she was a part of that one) And how can they justify graduating Kelly and Kim before her? Like their problems were fixed - NOT!

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Christie is FULL of HOT air and she is giving unwanted advice because she is arogant and always has been.

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Dear Abby, I mean Christie"
Ya-Agreeing with you peeps on this-I really got a good vibe in the beginning from her-BUT -She seems so DRAINING!Her old Lady attitude-Drives me CRAZY!Christie-You are not Old yet-You just ACT like it!!Get a life gurl!JMHO-PEACE

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •