The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-01, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
Welcome to The Amazing Race - where the world discovers just how ugly Americans can be. So far, five countries have been assaulted and five couples have been eliminated. Let’s meet our contestants as they embark on another exciting adventure.

FIRST The Festers: Chrome-domed frat brothers. Enjoy playful banter, witty repartee and occasional violent outbursts. Newly discovered talents in belly dancing and camel herding.

SECOND Team Guido: Life Partners and Evildoers. Fond of matching outfits and pretension. Successfully fulfill every outdated and odious stereotype right down to the yippy little dog.

THIRD Team Momily: A mother/daughter duo from Waco, Texas. Bless their hearts. Hoping to hold on until they cross a large body of water where Emily’s mammaries can be used as a flotation device.

FOURTH: Ace and Gary. This ambiguous duo are lawyers and best friends. Good looking, successful and oh-so-unattainable. Overly protective of the family jewels.

FIFTH: Bossman & Doormat. Cultured, soft-spoken, bright Margarita and the inflamed appendix she hasn’t figured out needs to be removed.

SIXTH & LAST (again): Lenny and Karyn. She is perennially dis-uh-pointed; he is chronically inept. Coming up in 2002: L & K will become the first couple ever to appear on the Newlywed Game and Divorce Court in the same season.

Now, on with the show:

When we last left our globetrotters, they were hanging out in a tent somewhere in the Sahara. Due to an unexpected sandstorm (unprecedented - a sandstorm in the desert!), the teams have been taken to Gabez. After their mandatory pit stop, our duos discover they need to get to the Palace Hotel in Tunis.

Unfortunately, Gabez is completely devoid of taxis after dark. So the viewers (all 37 of us) are treated to a full 5 minutes of teams looking for a ride. Riveting.

We are then treated to a montage of shots of the contestants in cars on their way to Tunis. Strangely enough, most of the male contestants have started to wear turbans. WTF? Say what you will about the Guidos, but at least they can accessorize better than the competition.

OK - they make it to the Palace Hotel. The route marker there indicates they need to find a pizza parlor next to the Colloseum in Rome. Woohoo! - a whole new country to offend. Various couples arrive and depart. It was all really quite dull. Nothing to report here.

OK - OK - I have a confession. At this point in the show, my phone rang. And really - I take my assignment quite seriously. But see, it was this guy I went out with on Monday and he’s very cute. So I had this heated internal debate about my previous summary writing commitment and his really thick auburn hair. Y’all won! I only talked to him for like 2 minutes. Then I got right back to chronicling the exploits of our dynamic duos. I don’t think we missed much. Seriously, this is Amazing Race! Sooner or later they will all bunch back up again.

The evil Guidos arrived at the airport first and managed to get seats on a flight to Zurich with a connection to Rome. Then the Brunette Guido tried to thwart the Festers by speaking in Pig Latin to the ticket agent. But Tall Fester also speaks Pig Latin and told the Brunette Guido that he would break his legs if he wasn’t careful.

Then Brunette Guido said "Don’t wave your finger in my face."

And then Tall Fester said "Are you talkin’ to me? Are you talkin’ to me?"

And then Blond Guido said "He will always wave his finger in your face."

Much hilarity ensued, but everyone kissed and made up. Temporarily. Sorry for being so vague but I was still kind of excited from the phone call.

There is some kind of controlled strike or something at the Rome airport so flights could only leave when Jupiter aligned with Mars. FYI: I was gonna do an analogy with Roman gods and planets and stuff but I’m not sure if the planets’ names are even from Roman mythology and this summary is already late so pretend this was clever.

Anyway, the Guidos got what appeared to be the last two seats to Rome. Team Momily had now arrived at the airport and were clued in by the Festers.

"It’s like the good luck fairies follow them wherever they go." said Mom. *Sigh* Sometimes the jokes are just handed to you. Thanks Mom - bless her heart.

All the teams scrambled to get tickets on any flight while the snarky Team Guido congratulated themselves on their exceptional fashion sense and superior intellect. I hate those guys!

Miraculously, the short Fester stumbled upon a blind ticket agent who was quite taken with his rugged good looks. The charming Fes managed to get 6 seats on a flight that would arrive in Rome 3 hours before the evil Joe & Bill.

Ace, Gary, Fester #1, Fester #2, and Team Momily hussled to make the flight. Even though the Guidos are convinced they have completely outclassed the competition - and even though they have stated repeatedly that no one can possibly beat them, the fearless Team Guido began to cry like the little girls that they are. Panicked and prissy, they ran over to the security checkpoint then pretended to lose their tickets in order to keep the other teams from catching the plane.

Being the honorable and chivalrous chaps that they are, Team Guido then beat the mom to a bloody pulp and left her comatose on the tarmac. OK - not really. But they pushed her. Hard. Bless her heart. They could have got into a shoving match with the lawyers or the Festers, but no. They push the middle-age mama. Classy.

The teams made the flight anyway after the Guidos got into a confrontation with airport security. As the first flight took off, we got a glimpse of the Guidos volunteering for a full body cavity search from the handsome man with the big metal detector back at the security checkpoint. Ah, romance.

Meanwhile Frank and Margarita took a flight to London and then another to Geneva. And Lenny and Karyn gambled on a direct flight to Rome leaving later in the day.

Lots of weird stuff happened here. The three teams traveling together got stuck in Lyon and then took a train to Milan. Frank and Margarita slept in an airport. Lenny and Karyn got to Rome first. Not that it really matters. Because once in Rome, all the teams got to hurry up and wait til the next day when some monuments open.

The route marker at the colloseum offered a Detour. Find a hoof or a foot. Statue stuff. This whole section was boring.

All the teams talked smack about the Guidos. Surprisingly enough - the Guidos chose to find the statue that was surrounded by other statues of naked men. Ah, art. All the teams chose this option except Lenny and Karyn. That’s a shocker.

The next step of the journey is a train ride to Castelfranco Emelia in northern Italy. Once there they need to find the Pagani Auto Factory. All the teams make the same train. Except Lenny and Karyn. I bet she was dis-uh-pointed.

So the train stops in Bologna. Team Oscar Meyer Weiner and Frank and Margarita decide to take cabs to the factory instead of staying on the train. That was a big boo-boo and a violation of the rules.

In their cab, Frank and Margarita contemplate the sorry state of the game. Margarita: "It’s getting really ugly." Frank: "Yeah, I don’t like the violence between teams." See, Frank only believes in domestic violence.

Ace and Gary, The Festers and Momily stay on the train and complain bitterly. When they get to their destination, they discover there are only 2 taxis in the whole town. Momily willingly gives the cabs to the other two teams after they promise to send one back for them. Bless their stupid little hearts.

All can say is Thank God the Guidos weren’t there for the whole cab debacle. They might have knifed Emily.

Frank and Margarita get to the factory first followed closely by Guido. At the factory they are challenged with a Roadblock that will take them to the final Pit Stop. I’m sure it was worded cleverly, but I can’t read my notes. Here’s a synopsis: They have to get to a little town 10 miles down the road. One team member gets to do it in a kick-ass sportscar; the other has to follow a map written in Italian while driving a car licensed from the official Ed Begley, Jr. Collection of Electric Autos.

Frank seriously impressed me by hiring a cab to drive the route and while he followed. They got to the pit stop first.

The rest of the episode was pretty dull quite frankly. Blonde Guido, Tall Fester, Ace (or was it Gary), Mom and Karyn were the designated drivers.

The riders had much more fun - especially Emily. She took her top off and stuck her bazooms out the sunroof of the roadster in a good will gesture to the young Italian men along the road. (whew, I’ve managed to fit in two references to her fun bags in this summary - my work is almost done).

The finishing order was Frank and Margarita, followed by Team Guido, Ace & Gary, The Festers, Momily and K & L.

I’m very dis-uh-pointed to report that even though Lenny and Karyn came in last, they weren’t eliminated. This is one of those pit stops where nothing happens and everything is pointless and you feel like you’ve wasted an hour of your life taking copius notes about a meaningless episode of a low-rated reality television show.

There was some big explanation about how F & M and Team Guido were penalized for cheating and L & K were credited time for some production problems but none of their rankings changed. Whatever.

More importantly, we discovered that L & K can go from first to worst within the course of one episode - congratulations - you really do suck!

Oh yeah - I almost forgot. The brunette Guido is actually a woman and has experienced this level of violence before. He feels very violated that The Festers - members of the Aryan Nation - are targeting them in a endless cycle of escalating violence. He is really scared and in fear for his life. Poor terrifed brunette Guido. Bless her heart.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Great, great, great AyaK 10-20-01 1
   MOLTO BUONO! moonbaby 10-20-01 3
 Awesome Summary, Pooh! IceCat 10-20-01 2
 RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outc... Ru_Man 10-20-01 4
 Now THAT was a summary! SkyRaider 10-20-01 5
   The best so far NightScribe 10-20-01 6
 RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outc... true 10-20-01 7
 RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outc... sleeeve 10-20-01 8
 RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outc... Drive My Car 10-21-01 9
 RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outc... GreatDarkSpot 10-22-01 10
 Bless Your Heart! Bebo 10-22-01 11
   Thanks y'all! Lisapooh 10-22-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 00:42 AM (EST)
1. "Great, great, great"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-01 AT 00:46 AM (EST)

Lisapooh, I literally fell out of my seat laughing at this (darn seats with wheels can tip over when you lean too close to the computer to catch the next joke). I loved your entries in the SSC, but this was just great, and you didn't get to pick the topic!. Bless your heart.

Edited to add that, before anyone comments, I read enough of vanillaslave's posts on the EZboard, when she would finish off any reply to a well-meaning but dimwitted person with "Bless your heart", to understand the irony -- I'm just teasing Lisapooh because I thought the summary was so brilliant. Thanks for asking. Bless your heart.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 02:39 AM (EST)
3. "MOLTO BUONO!"
LMAO at your summary of excellence, O Entity of the Thread! And LMAO at Aya too, ya nut! Thank you for doing this, lisapooh, you crack me up! If I am lucky you'll let me have a bit part when you get your own show. PS who's the dreamy guy distracting you so?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 02:39 AM (EST)
2. "Awesome Summary, Pooh!"
Great job...

I loved the Survivor/Taxi banter...

... and you scooped me on the Reality TV Spoiler of the year!

I was just in the process of finishing up my presentation for a scathing expose on the Ace & Gary conspiracy...

Well, I guess it's old news now... here's the pic that shows a rare photo of Ace in uniform outside of their animated series:

Doesn't he look cute...

Well bless his heart!

September 11, 2001

Ru_Man 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-20-01, 12:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
LisaPooh - You ruleski! In fact, I'm heading right out for some thick auburn hairplants - will henna fly? Actually I'm wondering if that babe ticket agent in Tunis still works there - booking my flight - and forget that puny jr. high necklace from Irish Fester, I'm bringing her ROCKS, bay-bee! Seriously, good job LP! Altho the Frank as batterer jibe might have been a tad rough - true, he's rather annoying, but that jock competitiveness thing is just part of our culture like it or not - also what are the odds that some over-monied, stalker type is actually gonna fly to Tunisia to meet Ms Cheekboned Ticketress - excuse me while I blur my face for this post - Yiiiiiii, that hurts!

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-20-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
5. "Now THAT was a summary! "
Very, very good summary! The paragraphing was perfect to make it really readable and even more delightful. Bless your heart!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
6. "The best so far"
Oh Lisapooh! What a fabulously funny summary to an otherwise pointless and dull episode. No wonder they call you "The Great Entity of the Thread" -- I bow down to your wit and fluent prose.

<NS bows>

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
Yipeee Pooh!

I am so glad I checked here, and found your summary! You are really living up to your title! I hope you can pull yourself away from your new friend, long enough to bring us more of these! hee hee. Loved it!

true

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-20-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
OMG <click> OMG <click> OMG <click> OMG <click> OMG <click>!!!

This was amazing!!!!

I am truly and utterly speechless. You have quite a way with words, pooh, and... wow... I don't, so I can't think of anything appropriate to say.

Outstanding, witty, funny, great, etc.

Thanks for the summary... hope you'll be willing to do another at some point in the future!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-01, 09:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
**Buggy falls at the feet of the Brilliant and totally hot and desirble Pooh**
Heheheheh only half joking Honey, you are BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
( ok so you are cute too, put buggy don't go that way)

BABY!!!! You ROCK!! I actually saw this episode, and you made it better ( well, so that isn't saying a whole lot) YOU Made this episode GREAT!!!!! ( Now that IS saying alot)

No offense to other episode writers, but this young woman is REALLY a writer. Yes! She is!

Dammit Pooh you have to write!!!!
This is your calling, I know it

Today Amazing Idiots, Tomorrow, the WORLD!!!!!!!!

Honest Baby, this was fine, real fine.

GreatDarkSpot 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-22-01, 09:42 AM (EST)
10. "RE: E6 Summary -- God Help the Outcasts or I Really Hate Those Guys"
That was great! I espicially liked the bit about the Ed Begley, Jr. Car. He would drive that, wouldn't he? No wonder he's on 7th Heaven.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
11. "Bless Your Heart!"
Awesome! Can't pick a favorite because there were just too many terrific lines.

Hope things work out with the cutie on the phone.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 04:47 PM (EST)
12. "Thanks y'all!"
I just wanted to tell y'all that you pretty much made my day with all your kind words!

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to be so nice and complimentary. It really did brighten my day. Y'all are just the best - I love my kindler gentler basher site!

pooh
the great entity of the thread

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •