The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-08-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
*****TAR EPISODE 12 SUMMARY*****

Previously on The Amazing Race: A fatal error costs the Festers precious moments as they race team Guido to the pit stop in Beijing. The evil twins arrive first, squealing and jumping up and down like little girls. Minutes later, the frat brothers arrive and we hear those dreaded words: “Drew and Kevin, You have been eliminated from the race.” The music stops, Drew hangs his head in despair, and for a moment, the world falls silent.

Episode 12
The Amazing Race: On its Last Leg

A long line of black stretch limos goes by as a funeral dirge wails sorrowfully in the background. Dozens of Amazing Race fans sob uncontrollably, some tear their hair out screaming “Down with the Guidos! You killed our boys!” The tragedy can be felt all over Beijing. But the race must continue without them.

Frank and Margarita leave the pit stop first and immediately begin fighting. Apparantly Marge had the audacity to make a move without consulting Frank. He’s pissed; she’s baffled. Nine minutes later the lawyers leave too, both teams race frantically to ... a hotel? That’s right, Tiantan Park, where they must find a clue attached to one of three kites doesn’t open for several more hours, so the first task becomes finding “digs to sleep in.” Yawn.

Brennan to Camera: “Right from the beginning, the main goal that Rob and I had was to finish the race; now it’s time to focus on the victory.” He’s cute and profound? No way!

Frank to Marge: We need to communicate. You can’t just make decisions without consulting me. Wait, suddenly Frank is the communication expert? Did I miss something? Since when is “Just do it!” anything more than a Nike slogan? Apparently Frank’s idea of communication is him barking orders and Marge nodding in agreement.

Early the Next morning both teams head to Tiantan Park to find the kites with the clues. Frank and Margarita find it right away, but the Ambiguously Gay Duo almost tackle a kite flyer who knows nothing about a clue or this stupid race. Uh oh. Finally, Rob and Brennan also find the kite-clue and all head off toward the Great Wall.

Each team must travel by bus, not tourist bus where someone might actually speak English and be able to help them, but by public bus. Rob gets frustrated with a Chinese speaking cabbie “No! We no take cab. We take bus.” What is it about these guys? They get to a foreign country and immediately revert back to the communication skills of a four year old? What Rob, you think if you drop some pronouns and articles that a CHINESE speaking cabbie will all of a sudden understand you? Dork!

Cue the dramatic music! This must mean something exciting is about to happen, right? Wrong. Frangarita makes it to the Great Wall first, but begin jumping fences back and forth looking for the “lower level”. This puts them behind, and the lawyers take the lead. No amount of sweeping crescendos can make this boring task worth watching.

The next clue is a detour, and in case none of us know what a detour is by now, host Fill fills us in once again. Flat or steep? Rob and Brennan go steep, huffing and panting up to a pavilion where they get the news that they must get to a Bed and Breakfast four thousand miles away in “Alaska Baby!” These guys are a fountain of profundity.

Frangarita also go steep, Frank way out in front of Marge. They’re fighting again, not in that charming Festerish way either, but in the scary restraining-order Ike and Tina kind of way. He tells her to wait here, “BECAUSE I SAID SO.” Which, in my mind is always a good reason to do what someone says.

Marge: What’s his attitude about?

I don’t know sister, but you married him.

On the way to the airport, it suddenly sinks in that the lawyers are actually in a race. Rob, sucky ping-pong player and Rick Springfield impersonator says: “Dude, it’s just like, I dunno, like, we could actually, ya know, win this thing.”

Their complete inability to say anything interesting at all leaves me depressed and groggy. It’s a long ride to the airport folks. Either listen to the Lawyers say nothing of any importance at all or overhear the Ike and Tina road show.

Frank goes on to insult Margarita even further: “If we had listened to you, we would have been out of the race a long time ago.” Boy, this couple sure is endearing, aren’t they? I mean, I want a relationship as rock-solid as theirs.

The ambiguous due makes it to the airport where they put their awesome communication skills to the ultimate test. “Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee!” They beg, “We reeeeeaaaaallllllyy neeeeeeed to get on this flight! Pllllleeeeeeaaaaase!” Folks, let us not forget that these two morons are attorneys and must argue for their clients. Would you want them to defend you with this pathetic spiel?

Finally, Brennan’s begging pays off and he and his honey are allowed on a flight to San Francisco, which will take them to Seattle and ultimately Anchorage Alaska.

After a perfectly awful cab ride to the airport, Frank insists on his change when paying the cab driver. “C’mon it’s just a dollar, let’s go” yells Marge.
Suddenly, Terry Bradshaw appears. “Just a dollar! There’s a lot you can do with a dollar”
“Like what?” Asks Marge.
“Well, you can get ten minutes of free long distance.”
“You mean I can call my friends in the states with that dollar?” Frank asks as he holds the cabbie by his collar.
“No” Terry answers, “you don’t have any friends.” He then turns to Marge. “But you can call your attourney for that dollar.”

Back in Beijing, the evil twins prepare to rally from behind <hee hee>.

And on our show today folks, we’re going to show you how to pack it in tight, Guido style. The trick is to roll, not fold.

Blonde Guido: Everyone loves to see an underdog win.
Here’s a clue pal, Momily was an underdog. You, are under-developed, under-handed, and under-subpoena by Nancy’s attourney, but you are definitely not an underdog.

And in a funny moment of irony, the evil twins don their identical black hats and old, western-style music begins to play in the background.

The Guidos set off to do the same boring shit as the other teams did the day before.

Frangarita and the ambiguous duo touch down in Alaska and we get yet another pearl of wisdom from the lawyers “Alaska is cold.” Each team finds their SUV and a clue telling them to go to the North Country Bed and Breakfast in Scotty Lake.

Frank and Marge take the lead because (neener neener nanny goat) the lawyers are stuck at the back of the plane. They make their way to the B&B, and Marge has this to say: “We’re really close right now. We’re being very respectful of one another and it’s nice to feel so warm with each other.” Cut to a shot of Frank’s psycho game-face.

Huh? Is there some footage that is sitting on the cutting room floor somewhere? I watched the damn tape about four times to see if I had nodded off and missed their beautiful reconciliation. Nope, it’s just Marge being the typical victim.

Onward to the B&B
The Turners show up to their “Bed and Breakfast”, which is really an ice fishing shack to find the next clue, “Sleep here for the night (watch out for the icy hole in the middle of the floor) and get tossed in the morning.” The Lawyers speed down dark, icy roads, and I can’t help but wish they skid off the road and into a snow bank. They don’t. It turns out to be one big ole’ happy slumber party in the ice fishing shack.

The next morning, Frank gets tossed by the locals, but not hard enough IMO. He finds the flag and the next clue is a roadblock. They must head to Matanuska Glacier 100 miles away. The lawyers are hot on their heels.

Upon reaching the glacier, Rob and Frank don climbing gear and race up an ice wall. Rob slips a couple of times. “Come on Wall!” he urges the wall. The wall laughs hysterically at him in return. Frank struggles as well while Marge urges him on “You can do it honey!” Did anyone else want to see her treat him like this: Just do it you big dickhead! God! You can’t do anything right! But he makes it up the wall a few moments behind Rob. He’s exhausted and there’s something on his face. What is it? Is that egg? My, my Frank, there’s something else you suck at besides being a husband. How delicious, how absolutely wonderful! Sure, you can score a few points at ping-pong – against a kid, but you are a sucky, sucky ice-wall climber!

The final clue is to have a snowmobile race to the musher’s cabin where they will have …a pit stop? Sorry spoilers – no dog sled race. Hell, they don’t even get to drive the snowmobiles themselves. No, they simply sit back and enjoy the ride.

Then it occurs to me what’s been bugging me about this show. It is neither Amazing, nor is it a race! It’s the travel channel on speed! Ooh look, the Eifel tower! Over there, the Great Wall! It’s cabs, airports, and rickshaws, oh my!

Rob and Brennan arrive minutes before Frangarita.

Rob: Smell that dude?
Brennan: The first who smelled it was the one who dealt it buddy!
Rob: No, it’s victory dude, and it’s one leg away.
Brennan: You still let one loose Pal. You can’t deny it!
Rob: I’m trying to be inspiring here dude. Shaddup!

Frangarita: We’re gonna win.
Lawyers: We’re gonna win.
The Guidos: It’s gonna be dramatic when we win. They then enter the ice shack vacated by the other teams 24 hours before.

Next time on the Amazing Race: Frank and Margarita worry about Rob and Brennan. Rob and Brennan worry about Frank and Margarita, but should they ALL be worried about Joe and Bill?

Naaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Thanks to all who went before me, providing me with all the material I could possibly steal.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... Lisapooh 12-08-01 1
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... katem 12-08-01 2
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... northernlights 12-08-01 3
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... Frau Hexe 12-09-01 4
 SCRIBE Was Here!!! Outfrontgirl 12-09-01 5
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... Dalton 12-09-01 6
 Wonderful! sleeeve 12-09-01 7
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... Bebo 12-10-01 8
 Excellent job! AyaK 12-10-01 9
 RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMM... NightScribe 12-11-01 10
 Amazing! moonbaby 12-11-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-01, 03:44 PM (EST)
1. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"

Scribe!!! Ssister friend! This was AWESOME!!! OK - these are just a few of my favorites

>Frank to Marge: We need
>to communicate. You can’t
>just make decisions without consulting
>me. Wait, suddenly Frank
>is the communication expert?
>Did I miss something?
>Since when is “Just do
>it!” anything more than a
>Nike slogan? Apparently Frank’s
>idea of communication is him
>barking orders and Marge nodding
>in agreement.

>
Nailed that one!
>

“No!
>We no take cab.
>We take bus.” What
>is it about these guys?
> They get to a
>foreign country and immediately revert
>back to the communication skills
>of a four year old?
> What Rob, you think
>if you drop some pronouns
>and articles that a CHINESE
>speaking cabbie will all of
>a sudden understand you?
>Dork!

a-hahahahahaha! too funny!
>
>These
>guys are a fountain of
>profundity.

OMG - way to turn a phrase!

>but in the scary
>restraining-order Ike and Tina kind
>of way. He tells
>her to wait here, “BECAUSE
>I SAID SO.” Which,
>in my mind is always
>a good reason to do
>what someone says.

now shut up and get me a sandwich beatch!
>
>>Their complete inability to say anything
>interesting at all leaves me
>depressed and groggy.

Preaching to the choir!

>
“C’mon
>it’s just a dollar, let’s
>go” yells Marge.
>Suddenly, Terry Bradshaw appears. “Just
>a dollar! There’s a
>lot you can do with
>a dollar”
>“Like what?” Asks Marge.
>“Well, you can get ten minutes
>of free long distance.”
>“You mean I can call my
>friends in the states with
>that dollar?” Frank asks
>as he holds the cabbie
>by his collar.
>“No” Terry answers, “you don’t have
>any friends.” He then
>turns to Marge. “But
>you can call your attourney
>for that dollar.”
>
Now that just plain inspired!! You rock Scribe!

>Back in Beijing, the evil twins prepare to rally from behind <hee hee>.

so good at the double entendre

>
>Blonde Guido: Everyone loves to
>see an underdog win.
>Here’s a clue pal, Momily was
>an underdog. You, are
>under-developed, under-handed, and under-subpoena by
>Nancy’s attourney, but you are
>definitely not an underdog.

>
AWESOME!

yet another pearl of
>wisdom from the lawyers “Alaska
>is cold.”
They are SOOO wise!

I loved the Brennan ROb dialogues too! This was so good scribe!! NOw, you're gonna start doing more of these right?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
>After a perfectly awful cab ride
>to the airport, Frank insists
>on his change when paying
>the cab driver. “C’mon
>go” yells Marge.
>a dollar! There’s a
>lot you can do with
>a dollar”
>of free long distance.”
>“You mean I can call my
>as he holds the cabbie
>by his collar.
>any friends.” He then
>turns to Marge. “But
>for that dollar.”

>Rob: Smell that dude?
>Brennan: The first who smelled
>it was the one who
>dealt it buddy!
>Rob: No, it's victory dude,
>and it's one leg away.
>Brennan: You still let one
>loose Pal. You cant
>deny it!
>Rob: I'm trying to be
>inspiring here dude. Shaddup!

These two bits had me on the floor. Good job Scribe !!!!!

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
>a dollar! There’s a
>lot you can do with
>a dollar”

Now that would have been good!

>Back in Beijing, the evil twins prepare to rally from behind <hee hee>.

LOL

>don’t even get to drive
>the snowmobiles themselves. No,
>they simply sit back and
>enjoy the ride.

I couldn't believe that they just sat on the sleigh and didn't get to drive the snowmobiles. As a snowmobiler (who hates to admit it but has ended up stuck in a snowbank or two) I was really looking forward to seeing them have to try and lug their machines out of the deep snow after they missed a corner or tipped because they weren't leaning the right way. That would have been entertainment!

Excellent job NS - you should do summaries more often!

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-01, 03:19 AM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
Wonderful job, Scribe! As everyone else is saying, you really do need to be writing these more often. You've got a natural gift for it.

My favorite parts (although the whole thing is a masterpiece):

-The recap ("...and for a moment, the world falls silent.) and
the funeral
-"What Rob, you think if you drop some pronouns and articles
that a CHINESE speaking cabbie will all of a sudden understand
you? Dork!"
-"They’re fighting again, not in that charming Festerish way
either, but in the scary restraining-order Ike and Tina kind of
way. He tells her to wait here, “BECAUSE I SAID SO.” Which, in
my mind is always a good reason to do what someone says."
You had me LMAO-ing with this one. Beautifully said.

-The "just a dollar" bit. You nailed that one!
-This is one of my very favorite passages here: "we’re going to show you how to pack it in tight, Guido style. The trick is to roll, not fold"
-the Guido as un-underdog part
-"Alaska is cold!"
-the ice shack "don't fall in the hole"
-travel channel on speed
-rob and brennan's fart dialog
-and so many more!

You're brilliant, and had me laughing, smirking, chuckling...thank you!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
5. "SCRIBE Was Here!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-01 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

You do have a gift for this Scribe. How deliciously wickedly you write, with such lovely delicious meanness in your tone. Forgive me for quoting some of the same favorites as the folks above. A good line deserves repeat mentions.

>The music stops, Drew hangs his head
>in despair, and for a
>moment, the world falls silent.

Awww, and the future summary writer utters a few choice words at losing the source of great quotable material, am I right?

>The Amazing Race: On its
>Last Leg

So true, as it gimps to the finish line.

>A long line of black stretch
>limos goes by as a
>funeral dirge wails sorrowfully in
>the background. Dozens of
>Amazing Race fans sob uncontrollably,
>some tear their hair out
>screaming “Down with the Guidos!
> You killed our boys!”
> The tragedy can be
>felt all over Beijing.
>But the race must continue
>without them.

Love the funeral scene.

>Frank and Margarita leave the pit
>stop first and immediately begin
>fighting.

It's like they started channeling Lenny and Karen suddenly, isn't it?

Apparantly Marge had
>the audacity to make a
>move without consulting Frank.

I LOVED THIS. I have made this mistake too!

>Nine minutes later the lawyers
>leave too, both teams race
>frantically to ... a hotel?

I know, there we are at the edge of the seat waiting for that 9 minutes to make a difference, and then nada!

>Brennan to Camera: “Right from the
>beginning, the main goal that
>Rob and I had was
>to finish the race; now
>it’s time to focus on
>the victory.” He’s cute
>and profound? No way!

Scribe, no fair. I have liked these guys from the beginning because they were pretty polite and didn't fight, and compared to the pack they were not-so-ugly Americans. Now you go and nail them because their dialogue is as banal as it gets.

Way to go!

>Frank to Marge: We need
>to communicate. You can’t
>just make decisions without consulting
>me. Wait, suddenly Frank
>is the communication expert?
>Did I miss something?
>Since when is “Just do
>it!” anything more than a
>Nike slogan? Apparently Frank’s
>idea of communication is him
>barking orders and Marge nodding
>in agreement.

So what are you saying? That it's a 2-way street? Isn't this the best way to communicate with men? I must rethink things...

>>Rob gets frustrated with a
>Chinese speaking cabbie “No!
>We no take cab.
>We take bus.” What
>is it about these guys?
> They get to a
>foreign country and immediately revert
>back to the communication skills
>of a four year old?
> What Rob, you think
>if you drop some pronouns
>and articles that a CHINESE
>speaking cabbie will all of
>a sudden understand you?
>Dork!

I had to include this even though everyone else quoted it.
Everyone knows that when you encounter someone who doesn't speak your language you raise your voice so they can understand you! duh.

I hate to say it, but this is where the evil Guidos have actually shone--they have a knack for communicating their needs.

Frangarita makes it
>to the Great Wall first,
>but begin jumping fences back
>and forth looking for the
>“lower level”. This puts
>them behind, and the lawyers
>take the lead.

That was so funny! You would think all these people could easily find the "lower level," but I guess lawyers have the most practice.

>amount of sweeping crescendos can
>make this boring task worth
>watching.

I know, and the Great Wall OUGHT to have been interesting.

> They’re fighting again, not
>in that charming Festerish way
>either, but in the scary
>restraining-order Ike and Tina kind
>of way. He tells
>her to wait here, “BECAUSE
>I SAID SO.” Which,
>in my mind is always
>a good reason to do
>what someone says.
>
>Marge: What’s his attitude about?
> I don’t know sister, but
>you married him.

Like others before me, I found this inspired! She also separated from Frank, right? One wonders what led her to such a drastic move.

>On the way to the airport,
>it suddenly sinks in that
>the lawyers are actually in
>a race. Rob, sucky ping-pong
>player and Rick Springfield impersonator
>says: “Dude, it’s just
>like, I dunno, like, we
>could actually, ya know, win
>this thing.”
>
>Their complete inability to say anything
>interesting at all leaves me
>depressed and groggy. It’s
>a long ride to the
>airport folks. Either listen
>to the Lawyers say nothing
>of any importance at all
>or overhear the Ike and
>Tina road show.

I know! Why did the entertaining teams have to lose?

>Frank goes on to insult Margarita
>even further: “If we
>had listened to you, we
>would have been out of
>the race a long time
>ago.” Boy, this couple
>sure is endearing, aren’t they?
> I mean, I want
>a relationship as rock-solid as
>theirs.

Now Frank is channeling Karen... Admit it Scribe, you would like to heave a solid rock at Frank. Go for it!

>The ambiguous due makes it to
>the airport where they put
>their awesome communication skills to
>the ultimate test. “Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee!”
>They beg, “We reeeeeaaaaallllllyy neeeeeeed
>to get on this flight!
> Pllllleeeeeeaaaaase!” Folks, let
>us not forget that these
>two morons are attorneys and
>must argue for their clients.

Oh, wicked! Do you think they work for daddy's firm?

>any friends.” He then
>turns to Marge. “But
>for that dollar.”

Meaner and meaner! he he.

>Back in Beijing, the evil twins prepare to rally from behind

And on our show today folks,
>we’re going to show you
>how to pack it in
>tight, Guido style. The
>trick is to roll, not
>fold.

Are you hinting at something here, Scribe? Something dirty?
I feel like there's sex in these innuendoes...

>Cut to a shot of Frank’s
>psycho game-face.
>
>Huh? Is there some footage
>that is sitting on the
>cutting room floor somewhere?
>I watched the damn tape
>about four times to see
>if I had nodded off
>and missed their beautiful reconciliation.

LMAO, indeed... The sacrifices you make for us here. FOUR times?

>The next morning, Frank gets tossed
>by the locals, but not
>hard enough IMO.

Thanks for pointing that out! And how lame was that toss thing?

> Rob slips a couple
>of times. “Come on Wall!”
>he urges the wall.
>The wall laughs hysterically at
>him in return.

No! Did he really beg the wall? Did he say Pleeeeese?

Marge
>urges him on “You can
>do it honey!” Did anyone
>else want to see her
>treat him like this:
>Just do it you big
>dickhead! God! You
>can’t do anything right!

That would have been very satisfying.

>The Guidos: It’s gonna be
>dramatic when we win.
>They then enter the ice
>shack vacated by the other
>teams 24 hours before.

ROFLMAO!

Amazing summary that made a rather blah limp of the race with boring interactions a ton of fun! Think what she could have done if the Festers and the Guidos had been in this episode?
(Oh, the Guidos were in it? But they're not nearly as fun when they're not interacting viciously with their competitors.)

Bravo! Encore!

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison
Edited because I deleted some pesky italics codes and screwed it all up...

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-09-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"
NightScribe...this was a truly funny version of the show!!

I can't help thinking how much better it would have been to watch with your "voice-over comments" inserted!!!

One would think by now the producers of the show would be writing some dialogue for the wallpaper paste California boys. Their "Hanes Underwear Commercial" quality has long since ceased to be a reason to watch them do anything. Just once couldn't they SAY something but the obvious?? I've watched them for 11 weeks now and I still don't know which one is Rob and which is Brennan; and I don't CARE!! BLECH if the Dullness Duo wins!

Frank is such a piece of work --- All of his and Marge's clips should be spliced together and used for Seminars. Two different seminars come to mind:

The first is --- "If you are Divorced and Wonder Why? Ask Yourself: Am I a Frank?"

The second is --- "Engaged to a Frank? Ask Yourself Why Before It's Too Late!"

It would be a fitting conclusion to this AR if Frank managed to get himself an "attitude adjustment" by a NYC bus and Marge finished the Race FIRST by herself and won all the money!!

Marge could go on to lecture on the benefits of being "Frankless" and make millions, imo!!

Thanks for the great summary NS!!

Dalton

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-09-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
7. "Wonderful!"
...and I thought this show wouldn't be funny any more without the Festers...

You sure proved me wrong!!!

Great job, thanks.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 11:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"

>After a perfectly awful cab ride
>to the airport, Frank insists
>on his change when paying
>the cab driver. “C’mon
>go” yells Marge.
>a dollar! There’s a
>lot you can do with
>a dollar”
>of free long distance.”
>“You mean I can call my
>as he holds the cabbie
>by his collar.
>any friends.” He then
>turns to Marge. “But
>for that dollar.”

Scribe,

I was giggling throughout, but I almost spit soup when I read the dollar bit. Thanks for brightening up a Monday at work!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
9. "Excellent job!"
I agree, NS, you really SHOULD do this more often. This was an excellent effort. OK, everyone else quoted most of the bits that I loved in this summary, but I'm sure I can dig up a few more...

>Dozens of Amazing Race fans sob uncontrollably,
>some tear their hair out screaming “Down with the Guidos!
> You killed our boys!”

Some of them were even doing it on this board... BTW, did you guys all notice that CBS had Kevin and Drew doing promos for TAR this week?

>Frangarita also go steep, Frank way out in front of Marge.
> They’re fighting again, not in that charming Festerish way
>either, but in the scary restraining-order Ike and Tina kind
>of way.

YES! That's the PERFECT name for this duo -- Ike & Tina! And Jerry Bruckheimer is playing Phil Spector, making their dysfunctional life famous.

>Frank goes on to insult Margarita even further: “If we
>had listened to you, we would have been out of
>the race a long time ago.” Boy, this couple
>sure is endearing, aren’t they? I mean, I want
>a relationship as rock-solid as theirs.

Yeah, I thought the apology last episode was the start of rehabilitating Frank ... but I was wrong.

>And in a funny moment of irony, the evil twins don
>their identical black hats and old, western-style music begins
>to play in the background.

Just what they need ... something like the evil theme from "Star Wars."

>Then it occurs to me what’s been bugging me about this
>show. It is neither Amazing, nor is it a
>race! It’s the Travel Channel on speed! Ooh
>look, the Eifel tower! Over there, the Great Wall!
> It’s cabs, airports, and rickshaws, oh my!

This is exactly the way I've been thinking about it -- we see all of these artifacts, but the game just uses them as props. So far, we hit the World Trade Center (bad choice of words there), the Eiffel Tower, a Roman Coliseum, the Taj Mahal, the "rat temple", the Great Wall ... but we could have been on the back lot at Universal Studios for all the difference it made. And the delays and plane trips, cab rides and closed buildings make this all feel VERY artificial.

Anyway, thanks for the GREAT effort!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: TAR OFFICIAL EPISODE 12 SUMMARY"

Thank you for all the wonderful feedback. Perhaps I shall try this again in the future.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-01, 04:19 PM (EST)
11. "Amazing!"
How did I miss this for so long? Great work, NightScribe! Fun stuff!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •