The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-04-03, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

Welcome to the episode ten Not So Move of the Week voting thread.

There are five choices this week. You can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode nine thread go here:
Episode Nine Voting Thread

1.Reichen/Chip and Kelly/Jon relax and eat in the Singapore airport. They miss out on an earlier flight to Korea and fall forty minutes behind David/Jeff and Jon/Al.

2.David/Jeff decide to finally split from Jon/Al at the end of the Roadblock, but it may have been at the wrong moment. After separating from the clowns, they just seem to have trouble by themselves for the rest of the leg.

3.Reichen/Chip, Jon/Al, and David/Jeff decide to leave their taxis and take the subway to station #228 instead. They all give up ground to Kelly/Jon who reach the clue box first.

4.David/Jeff's problems escalate when they have trouble in the subway system. They switch back to a taxi. They still have trouble with the taxi, but eventually finally find the station. They waste quite a bit of time in their indecision of tranportation options.

5.David/Jeff show more uncertainty in the Detour. First, they choose to do the restaurant option. After realizing the octopus would be hard to get down, they switch to the martial arts center. They waste a good amount of time switching between the two options.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 08-04-03 1
 #4 SurvivinDawg 08-04-03 2
 #5 PackMan 08-04-03 3
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... I_AM_HE 08-04-03 4
 #4 BlackSheep 08-04-03 5
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 08-04-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Steen 08-04-03 7
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 08-04-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 08-04-03 9
   Script Error tvgeek401 08-04-03 17
 #4 tig_ger 08-04-03 10
 The "winners?" David and Jeff realitybites 08-04-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 08-04-03 12
   RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... ImNext 08-04-03 13
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Violet Nyte 08-04-03 14
 #4 tvgeek401 08-04-03 15
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PrimeCupEevee 08-04-03 16
 5 cyclehausen 08-05-03 18
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... managerr 08-05-03 19
 And now for something completely di... memacmur 08-05-03 20
 #2 MsShel330 08-05-03 21
 #4 trigirl 08-06-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-03, 04:56 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Yeah! I am first here!

My thought process ....

1) They probably think this is just another bunching...OR they probably figure this is a non-eliminating round, so to relax abit, don't want to follow Millie and Chuck's foot step.

2) In the first place, getting in the same taxi don't seen like a good idea...just look at how Jon/Al got squeeze behind the seat..and I wonder where did their crew sit? Root top?

3) I really really hope that Jon/Kelly got stuck at the traffic and get there last! Why don't what Kelly said come true? Why do we have to see the big A$$hole win the race!

4) If I were them, I rather stay at the train station. At least there are more people to ask, have they not gotten enough of the taxi due to communication?

5) Well, after looking at Reichen swallowing the octopus, I would like to think the switch is a 'good move'..just that they should decide faster instead of watching the octopus moving so long before deciding to eat or not to eat.

My choice : #4.

------------------- Bye!! ^O^ --------------

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-03, 06:55 AM (EST)
2. "#4"
I choose #4. Let's go through each of these one by one, shall we?

#1. On the "good move" thread in the fanatics forum, I suggested that the earlier flight wasn't all that big a deal. Same here. Look at the order the contestants finished this leg. Maybe stopping for food was the better idea, neh?

#2. The split had to come sometime, and the other team was behind. On the face of it, this was a good move. The fact they had trouble later is, IMHO, unrelated to their being grouped with the other team.

#3. Turns out their idea wasn't good... but it was logical to try it, especially in heavy traffic. They need to learn how to read numbers, though, if they are going to use the subway.

#4. I voted for this one becuase it's this kind of mistake that gets teams eliminated. The indecision and wasting of time would have been fatal in an elimination leg.

#5. I would have put this on par with #4 (and it really is) except I think that D/J figured out that this was a non-elimination leg (and this was, of course, edited out) and figured they could change their minds on the octopi.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-04-03, 08:53 AM (EST)
3. "#5"
The way I see it, #5 and #4 are related. They both demonstrate David and Jeff's inability to pick a path and stick to it. Indecision may well be their downfall in this race.

I'm picking #5 because #4 is probably going to get a lot of votes, and I wanted to give this one it's due. David and Jeff should have realized that the phrase "local delicacies" would not result in a hamburger and fries. D & J's constant waffling is the real issue, and it will most likely lead to their defeat.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
I'll take #1, with #5 second

BlackSheep 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
5. "#4"
I'd say Da'Jeff had the most indecisiveness of anyone this week - I wish it had been a elim round!

1 - Like someone else mention due to the constant bunching effect this season, I'd see why they weren't so eager to keep searching for different flights, in the long run the 40 mins really didn't benefit/penalize either team.

2 - This is almost irrelavent - if they had seperate taxis in the beginning Da'Jeff wouldn't of had to wait for the clowns after the frozen dip which would have nullified the whole "wasted time bit" because they wasted time waiting for the clowns. Also if they went on their own in the beginning chances are they would of been lost from the start!

3 - This move by the teams actually seemed to be logical, due to the traffic congestion and in a race it's always a better feeling to at least be moving than not at all. So I wouldnt call this a bad move (with exception to #4)

4 - Now this is just plain stupidity - duh, can we read a map? Apparently not, every metro/railway has some sort of map of the railways. Sure I can understand if it isn't in english, but the ones they showed us looked like if you had bothered to take a look at one of them you'd be able to figure out where you are and which train or railway you need to be on and how far away it is. Maybe it's just me being over-critical, but come on - common sense goes a long way - too bad this team doesn't possess any. This is why #4 gets my vote.

5 - Closer is not always better, eventually these teams will figure it out. But not a big enough blunder to call as the worst, imho.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
#4 - As with the Move of the Week, I had a tough time deciding between #1 and #4. R/C and K/J should have tried to hunt down an earlier flight. Fortunately for them, their blunder didn't affect the game as J/A and J/D got lost at the DMZ. I'm going with #4 because J/D lost patience with the traffic jam and struck out for the subway. One thing I've learned about traffic jams, and living in Phoenix we have several each day, it's always faster to stay on the freeway at 10-30 mph than it is to go off on the surface streets and face streetlights. Ditto for Seoul. J/D had to learn a new transportation system (subway), that runs on its own schedule and includes many stops, in an unfamiliar city and ended up getting lost for their efforts. Had they stayed with their cab to begin with, they would not have ended up in 4th place.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-03 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice. The first time I got this weird Script Error message and thought it had not posted.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 09:35 PM (EST)
17. "Script Error"
i got that, too. strange.
smiles
the tvgeek

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-04-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
10. "#4"
Indecision leads to elimination...unless you are fortunate enough to be in a non-elimination round.

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
11. "The "winners?" David and Jeff"
Without knowing for certain how much time each option cost them, I'll pick #4, since that put them in last for good.

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
5. Normally such indecision would rate high, but I can't honestly say I wouldn't have switched myself.
3. Maybe the producers suckered me here but I was shocked when K&J's decision turned out to be the winner, much as I was with C&R's air flight follies back in India.
1. Another shocker, no hours-of-operation box-up to make 40 minutes early in the leg irrelevant like it usually does. I probably wouldn't have guessed this one either. Man I'm running a bad leg here.
4. Would normally be my choice, but that little local woman saying "I AM RIGHT" in such a firm voice while directing them on the wrong train just bugs me.
The loser: #2 Obviously I'm really in the minority here, but the goats should have at least waited until they were closer to the city before agreeing to cab potluck. Apparently even a trip to the DMZ wasn't enough of a lesson about what happens when you take a cabbie out of his usual territory. Not to mention, the whole notion that there was a need for the teams to seperate seemed a little faulty to begin with.

Pretty clean leg this week, all things considered.

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
Tough, tough, just because what I thought was the 'not so move' isn't here. Hm... I'll sheep it and pick:

baaaaaa...

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 09:32 PM (EST)
15. "#4"
I wouldn't have eaten those octopi, either.
smiles
the tvgeek
octopuses? oh, who cares.

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
My pick is for #4. D/J seemed to really be uncertain about their options in this leg, although they exactly didn't know that they would eat live octopi until they got to the restaurant at the Detour. If you're going to do something, try to do it so you don't waste any time.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-03, 05:20 AM (EST)
18. "5"
If you can't eat gross stuff, don't do the gross stuff detour. If you're David and Jeff, it doesn't matter, though, because (like Chris and Alex) blind luck will float you to the winer's circle.

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-05-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Ten"
It's a toss up between #2 or #5 for me really.

But I'm going with #5. Should have just found a way to chug that food down or not pick it in the first place. I'm a full believer that you don't switch roadblocks/detours unless you absolutely can't do it. (See: Kelly and Jon pulling the lobster trap thing)

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-05-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
20. "And now for something completely different."
I'm going to go with #3

Sure, it made some form of logical sense that being stuck in traffic would be bad vs. the subway which can't be stuck in traffic. But have you ever tried to negotiate a subway system where everything is in a foreign language? Trust me, it ain't easy when you have multiple lines (a sadistic friend of mine insisted my friends and I had to decide when to get off an on the Moscow subway when visiting him).

And unless there was something else I missed in the editting, it was this move that actually ended up skyrocketing Kelly/Jon from last to 1st.

MEmacmur

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-03, 08:41 PM (EST)
21. "#2"
They were in good shape until then. #4 is in second place.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-06-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
22. "#4"
dumb, dumb, dumb.

If the Goats and Clowns hadn't got lost in the cab, #1 would have been a biggie this week.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •