The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-03, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-03 AT 05:15 AM (EST)

At least I think that's what's going on. Here's what they said about next week's episode on the CBS TAR website:

Reichen & Chip hope a prior experience will help when they have to eat live baby octopi, who attach themselves to their mouths, refusing to be swallowed.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/

Seriously for a moment folks... what were they thinking when they wrote this preview? Has CBS thrown caution to the wind?

I'm actually almost shocked. Almost... it IS CBS, after all.

Edited to add: While I'm on the silly inuendo kick, Raise your hand if you snickered when they started talking about tossing prickly nut bunches.

*Hand raised*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! Breezy 07-25-03 1
 Raises Paw... IceCat 07-25-03 2
   Raises Hand Sophie 07-26-03 16
 RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! shudson 07-25-03 3
   RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! EnglProf 07-25-03 4
       RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! Bebo 07-25-03 6
           RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! shudson 07-25-03 7
               RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! managerr 07-25-03 8
                   RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! Breezy 07-25-03 9
               RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! SurvivinDawg 07-25-03 15
   RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! wildchickenhunter 07-25-03 5
       RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! Breezy 07-25-03 10
           Mmmmm... IceCat 07-25-03 11
               RE: Mmmmm... wildchickenhunter 07-25-03 12
 RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! wildchickenhunter 07-25-03 13
 RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun! L82LIFE 07-25-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-03, 08:19 AM (EST)
1. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
Raises hand.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 08:28 AM (EST)
2. "Raises Paw..."
'... While I'm on the silly inuendo kick, Raise your hand if you snickered when they started talking about tossing prickly nut bunches...'

I had to laugh when Chuck display a complete lack of awareness about what he should do with his nut bunches!

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-26-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
16. "Raises Hand"
*giggles*

shudson 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-25-03, 09:06 AM (EST)
3. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
I think next weeks episode is horrendous..eating LIVE anything is disgusting...a "fear factor" episode in this race is totally wrong...the reason I have liked TAR is because its "real human" challenges. But this year's TAR has been the most disgusting (sticking hands in cow dung, dragging thru the mud now eating LIVE creatures)...I for one...will change the channel with the "eating" part comes on..but I'm registering my complaint with CBS....if this type of TAR is on next year..I for one won't be watching...& I'll spread the word..P.S. Can you tell I'm totally pissed off!!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-25-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
4. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
TAR has had eating challenges in the past-- they normally choose a delicacy native to the country the racers are in (I'm thinking back to Team Guido having to gulp something down, I think).

Though this challenge looks particularly gross, I hesitate to think TAR producers are pulling a Fear Factor.

Maybe I'm just being naive...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
6. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
>Though this challenge looks particularly gross,
>I hesitate to think TAR
>producers are pulling a Fear
>Factor.

I agree. In the first TAR, the contestants had to eat things that some Americans might find disgusting but are actually consumed on a regular basis in other parts of the world. And I also recall Mary & Peach, among other teams, downing a soup/tea of vigor that apparently tasted pretty nasty. But again, it was not out of character for the local culture.

I have no problem expecting the teams to experience the local culture by eating some of the area's delicacies. I guess that's partly because I love sampling new foods when I travel, even the strange-sounding (and looking) stuff.

After all, if the racers aren't expected to experience any of the local culture, why even bother racing in other countries? My favorite parts of the show are those incorporating the features of that particular country.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

shudson 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-25-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
I agree eating foods of a particular culture (that they eat on a regular basis!!!)..BUT LIVE..its that part I object to....& I really don't think most people of that country eat baby squid LIVE everyday...puuuuuuleeese...Some of the past espisodes Yes, have eaten things that are of the country, smelling cheese, icky soup...etc. etc...but NOT LIVE..I'm hoping this won't continue too.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-25-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
Actually, they do. I have an aunt from South Korea and she mentioned that this is one of her favorite foods.

She swears that this actually tastes *good*. You dip it in oil and put it your mouth. If you are living in an area (near water) with an Asian market and a decent sized Korean population, you can probably find it if you look hard enough.

As someone who loves calimari and has no problem eating raw seafood, I think I could do this without problem. It's the mental part of it that's probably most difficult.

07-25-03, 12:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
mmmmmmmmmmmm calimari

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 10:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
...Some of the past espisodes Yes, have eaten things that are of the country, smelling cheese, icky soup...etc. etc...but NOT LIVE..I'm hoping this won't continue too.

Don't visit Japan, then. They enjoy many things served live, mostly seafood of course.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
eating LIVE anything is disgusting
Really? Don't you eat any raw fruit or vegie's. They not only are alive but are actually embrios(baby's).
Just sayin!

07-25-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
Listen to him, he knows they serve fresh fruit at the nudie bar!

*sits back and waits for the melon jokes

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
11. "Mmmmm..."
... nice firm melons....

07-25-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Mmmmm..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-03 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

Got to have fresh fruit at the nudie bar....help me keep up my strength.

//community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3ee5d396437453d4.jpg
Look at the cantelopes on that babe!

07-25-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
I am kinda wondering about the opening of next weeks show.Where they tell you about last week.....I am thinking something like.
Lat week on TAR Chuck and Millie went down! OR Millie bit the big one! Chuck talks about being tired and then can't get up to beat the other team.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: CBS joins in the inuendo fun!"
*Raises hand*

OMG, have they got somebody from the boards writing the material on the CBS site?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •