The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Team Virgin?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-30-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Team Virgin?"
I am sure that I will take a bashing for this, but what is up with these two. I mean they have been dating for 12 years. It is not like they are high school kids and saving themselves or just being responsible(which I have no problem with). But, if they have been dating for 12 years they must be in their mid to late twenties at a bare minimum. Virginity in your twenties is reserved for ugly men who are too stupid to get a hooker and women who are to stupid to hang out in a bar around closing. Come on this just isn't normal....
Another thing, What kind of a guy hangs with a chick for twelve years without getting any. I mean really. There has to be something wrong with him. At least he could marry her, bang her a few times and then dump her....he is giving men a bad name!

I find the whole situation to be a little sick!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Team Virgin? thelastboyscout 05-30-03 1
 RE: Team Virgin? Schnookie Palookie 05-30-03 2
   Schnookie wildchickenhunter 05-30-03 4
       RE: Schnookie Schnookie Palookie 05-30-03 11
 RE: Team Virgin? AZ_Leo 05-30-03 3
   RE: Team Virgin? wildchickenhunter 05-30-03 5
 RE: Team Virgin? Esbea 05-30-03 6
   RE: Team Virgin? Femme 05-30-03 7
   RE: Team Virgin? Bebo 05-30-03 8
   RE: Team Virgin? wildchickenhunter 05-30-03 10
 RE: Team Virgin? DEVILRAYS 05-30-03 9
   RE: Team Virgin? sisyphus 05-30-03 12
       RE: Team Virgin? TeamJoisey 05-31-03 15
 RE: Team Virgin? tig_ger 05-30-03 13
   RE: Team Virgin? KMan 05-30-03 14
   RE: Team Virgin? wildchickenhunter 06-02-03 22
       RE: Team Virgin? tig_ger 06-03-03 26
   RE: Team Virgin? sisyphus 06-02-03 23
 RE: Team Virgin? okdebi 05-31-03 16
 RE: Team Virgin? Chrissy gal 05-31-03 17
 CBS promotion GTmike 05-31-03 18
   RE: CBS promotion JeffGator 05-31-03 19
       RE: CBS promotion minitroll 05-31-03 20
       RE: CBS promotion Femme 05-31-03 21
       RE: CBS promotion L82LIFE 06-03-03 25
 RE: Team Virgin? SurvivorOverlord 06-03-03 24
   RE: Team Virgin? wildchickenhunter 06-04-03 27
   RE: Team Virgin? Femme 06-04-03 29
 RE: Team Virgin? PepeLePew13 06-04-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

thelastboyscout 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-30-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Team Virgin?"
maybe they are just a pair of hypocrites with a holier than thou attitude. they figure out "dating for 12 years" is not cool enough to be flash on the TV screens so they had to think of something to spice things up because they are in reality boring a boring couple.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Of course there are people who remain virgins while dating, and maybe these two really are. However, I was thinking last night that it was strange to have their title be "dating 12 years - virgins". Why would someone put that down as their title? I figure it was a catchy way for them to be chosen to be on the show and that's all.

05-30-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
4. "Schnookie"
I think Cooker and I are going to try this for the next TAR....
What do you think...married 23 years- still virgins?
We would be a multiple threat....First we could be the old married couple. Second we could be the attractive 'model' couple(after all I am a supermodel). Third we could be virgins....Triple threat baby!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Schnookie"
LOL WCH! I'd certainly be rooting for the two of you.
Don't forget you'd be the comic relief couple also.

Married 23 yrs and still virgins! LMAO!!!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-30-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Team Virgin?"
I wonder if CBS did any confirmation of this or is just taking their word for it? Would they have them sign some kind of affidavit or something?

05-30-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Team Virgin?"
I doubt it. After all, if you are a 28 year old male and claim to be a virgin, they figure you must be telling the truth.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Team Virgin?"
you pig.
MY question would be:
What kind of a woman hangs with a straight guy for twelve years without getting any?

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Team Virgin?"
A gullible one? A not-so-bright one? A martyr/always-a-victim one?

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 01:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Team Virgin?"
What kind of woman dates a man for 12 years who's afraid of commitment without getting any? That just sounds plain lazy. "I won't sleep with you, but I won't commit to you."

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

05-30-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Team Virgin?"
It's about time one of you wenches jumped in and set the record straight....

HEHEHEHEHE

Waves to Esbea!!!!

Stop hating me because I am beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-30-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Team Virgin?"
I don't care what they want to do between themselves...if they want to be dating for 12 years and not have any sex when most people are lucky to last 12 weeks, that's their business. However, what bugged me is that they included some garbage in their opening speech about the Bible insisting you can't have sex until you're married. That's a personal decision people make, not some BS dogma to be forced down people's throats. Even a close friend of mine who describes herself as a religious Christian says they're full of crap, so it's no surprise to me that a heathen like myself would take offense to it.

On top of that, if sex is such a big issue between the two of them, why are they not married? Twelve years is a long time to wait for that if marriage is the goal...if they just wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend for life and never marry, I understand that, but dating for life and never marrying doesn't mix well with being hard-lining Christians.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Hear hear, I agree 100% with you. I saw this on the show last night and it just struck me. Everyone that goes on these reality show and claim to be hard core christians seems to be the ones that exhibit the most unchristian like behaviour....because last night weren't they the one that just stated that the bible says no sex before marrige yet she was the one cursing a blue streak at the other teams on the drive to the airport...what is that and it is a long show...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 00:30 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Team Virgin?"

Sorry, but that was Amanda doing the cursing.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-30-03, 08:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Team Virgin?"
I agree completely with some of things people have said here, except perhaps WCH definition of normal. I completely agree that the decision to have sex or not to have sex is a personal decision. I find it incredibly disingenuous for them to make this issue the title of their team. The only thing it accomplishes is to make an otherwise unmemorable team memorable. I won’t psycho-analyze this team here, but I fully agree that this team has more than a few issues.

Not directed at anyone in this thread in particular, but I guess I’m just surprised that certain people find their presentation of their position offensive. I mean, how offensive can two virgins be? Their plight is far too funny to offend me!!! However, I would argue that they have every right to say what they will about their beliefs, no matter whether we might agree or disagree with their point. It's the same to me as the reverse of the situation, which could be someone getting all offended because they don't agree with homosexuality. I would argue that any gay couple still has the right to call themselves "Team Homo" if they so chose and make it their platform. I can't get offended about that, either. (Note: not making a point against gay people, many of whom are my close friends, just attempting to reverse the situation to something that certain main stream Christian may disagree with)

And sisyphus, I didn’t hear Millie cussing…wasn’t that Amanda? I confess I fell asleep through part of this tripe and may have missed Millie…

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-30-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Team Virgin?"
My guess is that they aren't really virgins but that this was the twist that they conjured up to get themselves on the show. I mean, how do you verify something like this?

06-02-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Team Virgin?"
That's o.k. Tig. My definition of normal may be a little scewed. As everyone knows, I am not normal, therefore my definition may be a little off.

I must also say that I will continue to bash TEAM_VIRGIN. Why? Because I can.

Now stop hating me because I am beautiful!

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-03-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Team Virgin?"
I must also say that I will continue to bash TEAM_VIRGIN. Why? Because I can.

Me too, me too. I so hope they are around for a long time for our bashing amusement.

A Kyngsladye Original

I define normal.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Sorry guys they all looked soooo much alike I really couldn't remember who was who......so please forgive me.....I will try very hard to remember next time....me bad

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-31-03, 02:08 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Okay..I usually lurk but am in a posting mood tonight..hope no one minds.

I, for one, am totally irritated by the Dating/Virgins subtitle every time they show these two. For the life of me, I don't know why I'm irritated but Good God.. enough already!! Let's see...2 people of the opposite sex that have no commitment to get married AFTER 12 years and don't have sex... I'd call that friends. What is with these two?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-31-03, 02:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Team Virgin?"
These two are 28 and 29 years old!!

... maybe they define sex the same way President Clinton did...

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 03:23 AM (EST)
18. "CBS promotion"
Y'all, I honestly think that the fact that it says "Dating 12 years-Virgins" is a CBS thing and not M/C saying that they want that as their title. I am sure that their audition video was of them talking about themselves and what they like to do and that one of the comments about themselves was that they were virgins. CBS said, "hmmmm, interesting dynamic that would get people talking and interested in watching, lets interview them." I am sure that the NFL wives would like to be known as "friends" or "moms" but instead get tagged with "NFL wives." Same goes with Air Traffic Controllers. It is all about finding something that everytime you see it you can associate things that you remember about the people. That is why CBS does this. I guarantee that by now, most of us don't know everyone's name in the show, but by saying "virgins", "air traffic controllers", "NFL wives," or "clowns" we instantly conjure up what they look like and aspects of their personality that we saw last night. Remember, Millie/Chuck don't do the editing and the graphics for the show.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 03:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: CBS promotion"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-03 AT 03:35 AM (EST)

I agree with everything GTmike said. I seriously doubt they are happy that "virgin" flashes on the screen every other second. And the scene where Chuck says he believes the bible when it says you should wait until marriage...well I tend to believe that statement was in reply to someone questioning him why he has remained a virgin for so long, and then it was edited into the show. sorry the run on sentence, i'm up way too late.

And I have the utmost respect for people who can wait...that shows tremendous willpower but I will say that I find it very strange to go 12 years in a committed relationship without having sex. It's not like it would be cheap and meaningless seeing as how they have been together for so long and should be getting married soon. I guess they have their religious beliefs though and I respect that; I don't respect his issues with committment though. It sounds like he may be having second thoughts about his girlfriend

GO GATORS!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: CBS promotion"
Jeff Gator! Nice to see you posting again, where have you been?

05-31-03, 10:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: CBS promotion"
Hi Jeff. Missed you around these parts. How ya been?

Femme

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: CBS promotion"
OMH! A Gator sighting!

Hey Jeff, nice to see you again.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Team Virgin?"
What killed me as Landru pointed out in his summary, was the fact that Millie kept saying "if things don't change We are going to have to move on"....all I heard was "If Chuck doesn't want to deflower me, then I am sure someone else will"!

SULTAN OF SMOOCHES

06-04-03, 08:06 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Now you are getting back to the point Overlord. Marry her, get a little and then dump her if you want....I've seen guys go through a lot more than that to get layed. Remember high school?

Ah, where you can look at a breast and cave in a chest. At the nudie bar!

06-04-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Team Virgin?"
You heard "deflower" in your head?!? Where are you, 1950?

Femme

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-03, 08:12 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Team Virgin?"
Y'know... with the way that Millie runs like Gumby all hopped up on sugar, you'd think that Chuck couldn't wait to deflower her considering all of the elastic-like possibilities that Millie might be able to perform?

Just sayin', that's all.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •