The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Return of the searching task"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Return of the searching task"
Does anyone like random searching tasks?

Two improvements this time:
1. As half of a Detour, teams could avoid the task entirely.
2. The teams that chose the task abandoned it quickly.

Somewhere in Utah, Lena and Kristy are shaking their heads.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Return of the searching task aquariaqueen 10-31-06 1
 RE: Return of the searching task Snidget 10-31-06 2
   RE: Return of the searching task aquariaqueen 10-31-06 4
 RE: Return of the searching task dabo 10-31-06 3
   RE: Return of the searching task mjames1229 10-31-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-31-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Return of the searching task"
>Does anyone like random searching tasks? NOT REALLY, BUT AT LEAST BOTH COULD DO IT!!!

>Somewhere in Utah, Lena and Kristy
>are shaking their heads. I BET THEY ARE!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Return of the searching task"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-06 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

As an occasional task I don't mind them. Particularly they way they screw with the team dynamics when frustration kicks in. Assembly tasks and other things can serve that same purpose, but like I said if it is a couple of times during a race it I think they are fine.

When it is overused it gets really annoying really fast.

ETA: I prefer them when they are part of a detour rather than a roadblock or a where to go next clue. Do you want to rely on your luck or your muscles is a reasonable either/or for me.

Haunted by Tribe!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-31-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Return of the searching task"

>As an occasional task I don't
>mind them. Particularly they
>way they screw with the
>team dynamics when frustration kicks
>in. Assembly tasks and
>other things can serve that
>same purpose, but like I
>said if it is a
>couple of times during a
>race it I think they
>are fine.

I loved it last year when they had to make the statue, and there was an extra piece....that was excellent idea. Things like that mess with certain personalities, expecially since I don't they ever did that before. Remember, it messed with the nerds because they're used to solving things...this threw them for a loop.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Return of the searching task"
Both of the tasks turned out to be searching tasks, actually. But the Sixpack would have been smarter to go with Sea from the outset like Mary wanted instead of Salt. In Salt the teams had to work as separate teams, there was no way to group up for an advantage. Unfortunately, when they did get to Sea it wasn't as a group, they couldn't help out one another. If the alliance is going to survive they need to make smart decisions.

mjames1229 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-31-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mjames1229 Click to send private message to mjames1229 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Return of the searching task"
What I don't understand is why the hillbillies switched tasks at all. If you know that every single team has already left to switch tasks, there isn't a reasonable chance to improve your position after a swtich. By staying at the salt piles, you have a chance to move up in the standings. If I remember correctly, the guys that flipped their car in Africa a couple of seasons ago saw everyone at one detour so they took the other detour (something about filling eggs) because they knew it was their only chance to catch up.

I don't mind the searching when only a couple of times in a season, but they shouldn't be the last task before the pitstop. There should be an opportunity for a team to recover from this task in which success is random.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •