The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Give the race the respect it deserves"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

sheardsa 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Give the race the respect it deserves"
The amazing race is suppose to be the ultimate relationship tester in the ultimate setting "A Race around the world". Yes, I was very dissapointed when the Aiellos were eliminated. It wasn't that I was too fond of them, it was how they were eliminated that bugged me. It's the same way Gus/Hera and Lori/Bolo were eliminated. Either some task was not equivacol to the other, failing to read to complete detail of a clue, or in this case, or pulling a number off a board. A lot of the episodes had been where tasks were completed, bunching occurs, and who gets eliminated is decided by one small task. If I was the producer of the race a few changes I would make would be: 1. Little to no bunching as possible-get rid of those sign up sheets for charter flights or busses and instead of the 12 hour wait period, have the first team that arrives at the pitstop decide when to depart and each team depart sequentially after that. I know you can't control airline flights so do something similar at the airport. For example, if two teams went from Delhi to Tokyo and they were both on the same flight but one team arrived at the Delhi airport much sooner than the other, have that team get their next clue, at the Tokyo airport that much sooner and have the other team wait until they can get their next clue. 2. Have the clues be written in foreign languages and teams be given alternate currencies. US English and the US dollar is probably the most accepted use of tender in the world. What about giving the teams a little more of a rough course and use currency from a neighboring country in the country a team is currently in. And get assistance from one person per clue. (Not like Lena/Christie or Rob/Amber) 3. Lastly when I watch the Amazing Race, I always think of a James Bond movie. Have some task use like spy wear equipment like night vision goggles or a GPS locater with a rough map. There is no other show like this nor I don't if there ever will be due to copyright laws. I was a big fan of Carmen Sandiego games growing up. Give a race around the world the respect it deserves or sell it to another network. Why not watch that Alvin and the Chipmunks episode how they race around the world. Thank You!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Give the race the respect it de... cqvenus 10-19-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Give the race the respect it deserves"

while i agree with most of your sentiments about the bunching and such, i think the rest period is needed and the way they go about it is just fine.

i have to disagree, also, with 'how they were eliminated.' they were eliminated b/c they didn't listen to each other, dad was a stubborn donkey, couldn't find his arse from his elbow in his OWN BACKYARD, etc. their simple pulling of a 20 min later window meant they departed the same time as other teams, who beat them by a *lot* getting to the mat, so the time difference of their departure really was not the main cause of their elimination.

~ cqc

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •