The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Weavers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Abbynormal 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Weavers"
How STUPID is Mrs. Weaver to think that Lake Pontchartrain is actually one of the 5 great lakes??????? Will this show ever get out of the US??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Weavers philly_fan 10-19-05 1
   RE: The Weavers Tahj 10-19-05 2
   RE: The Weavers cqvenus 10-19-05 8
 RE: The Weavers PagongRatEater 10-19-05 3
   RE: The Weavers aquariaqueen 10-19-05 4
       RE: The Weavers noliferealityfan 10-19-05 5
           RE: The Weavers bystander 10-21-05 18
 RE: The Weavers nailbone 10-19-05 6
 RE: The Weavers Breezy 10-19-05 7
   RE: The Weavers PagongRatEater 10-19-05 9
 RE: The Weavers Karchita 10-19-05 10
   RE: The Weavers slw1 10-19-05 11
       RE: The Weavers tamarama 10-20-05 12
 RE: The Weavers ftaok 10-20-05 13
   RE: The Weavers zipperhead 10-20-05 14
       RE: The Weavers indy42 10-20-05 15
       RE: The Weavers ftaok 10-21-05 16
 RE: The Weavers MattyMax 10-21-05 17
   RE: The Weavers Estee 10-23-05 24
 RE: The Weavers bystander 10-21-05 19
   RE: The Weavers Lisa0116 10-21-05 20
       RE: The Weavers tamarama 10-21-05 21
           RE: The Weavers indy42 10-21-05 22
   RE: The Weavers JoeC 10-23-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

philly_fan 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Weavers"
Okay, she doesn't know the great lakes--I'm thinking if you have 3 teen children, one, if not all should have said I don't think so... Nevertheless, it doesn't make you STUPID because you misspeak. I think Mom is just trying to make the race interesting and educational for her children. I think she's doing a great job trying to get them through their grief and loss.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Weavers"
I think Mom is just trying to make the race interesting and educational for her children.

Lol. Well then, she should definitely stay away from the subject of geography.

Moves courtesy of Syren

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Weavers"

if it doesn't make you stupid, it definitely makes you ignorant.

and nobody who doesn't know the answers has any business trying to teach her children anything. admit you don't know, and move on. don't miseducate. ignorance is passed on in such a fashion.

i think she's an idiot for grieving on national television. talk about airing dirty laundry. it was nice that she talked her kids into the track thing by telling them their daddy -liked- racing, so they shouldn't be so opposed to it, but i still think she's an idiot for many other reasons.

~ cqc

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Weavers"
Didn't one of the rugrats even ask if it was as big as the Great Lakes? (implying that they know this isn't one of them?)

Of course, there's lots of stupid people out there and editing - either to make her look bad, or because this was funny - was the only reason we got to see it.

Much MORE funny lack of geographical knowledge? Not knowing how to get to a park that is 5 minutes from your office and getting eliminated in your hometown.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-19-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Weavers"
Once again, cockiness loses out to proper planning and execution.

noliferealityfan 24 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Weavers"
" I think she's doing a great job trying to get them through their grief and loss. "

heres a thought, maybe she should teach them about grieving privately and not parading her children in front of a national tv audience -

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-21-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Weavers"
But they are in front of cameras all day so anything she says about grieving will be caught on tape. It's the editors that choose to show that. It doesn't mean that all they do is cry about their dead father and pray to Jesus all day long. We just happen to see that.

Or maybe they do?

Its not like they can actually show me smokin' a doobie by the dumpster, ya know?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Weavers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-05 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

ET correct that they leave the US next week.

Halloween Headache provided by RollDdice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassle Adjuster o-

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Weavers"
I had serious gigglepants last night from that.

I've been Gothed.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Weavers"
LOL! What if your use of the word "gigglepants" inspires gigglepants in others?

OMH your siggy is soo scary!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Weavers"
I am glad to see this thread because I couldn't really believe that I heard what I thought I heard.

This woman is unbelievably ignorant and national embarassment. I can only hope her kids corrected her and it was edited out, but I am afraid they are chips off the old blockhead.

And one of those daughters really needs to wear more clothes.

slw1 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Weavers"
She's lacking in geographical knowledge. She was the one who didn't know that Pennsylvania was a state.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-20-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Weavers"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

AND SHE'S AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER!!!

C'mon now...even if you don't specifically teach geography...heck - even if you teach kindergarten (which probably has the least amount of geography in the curriculum)...

If you are a teacher, you must have a college degree.
How do you get through Jr. High - much less college - without knowing

A) Pennsylvania is a state
B) GENERALLY where the Great Lakes are located.

Even if you can't name them, you should at least be able to point to them on a globe. (or am I expecting too much just because I live 2 blocks away from one of the Greats?)

I'm a little less concerned about her not knowing which state(s) D.C. is in. I think there are alot of people who don't know that -- but again...she's a TEACHER!!!

If I were the parent of one of her students, I think I might call her principal & ask him/her to require a little CE for this broad.

(eta: Hey! I hit 500!)

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Weavers"
Just to break of the bash fest ...

I think it was the editing. She clearly said that it "was one great lake" and not "one of the Great Lakes".

;)

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-20-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Weavers"
If you recorded it, run it again with the closed captioning on and you will see what she said.

indy42 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Weavers"
The weavers are not very smart. They asked is Washington D.C. is in the state of washington, they wondered if Pennsylvania was a state, and now this?
What is she teaching her kids? It was her daughter that said the D.C. comment.

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Weavers"
Nah, I was just kidding. I did here her say that it was one of the Great Lakes. Although, she may have said it in a questioning manner.

I can't remember fully and I do not intend to re-watch that episode. Don't think I can take the torture.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-21-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Weavers"
Aww, screw you guys, the weavers are AWESOME!!!!

Jesus walks with them. Seriously, do you guys notice that every team that hates on them gets eliminated next! First the in-laws, now the New Orleans team!

And good for f**king them that they were able to do the racetrack thing. That was such a great tar moment, and was so cruel on the part of the producers that I almost peed myself.

"Ok, you know how that team is all about how they're dad JUST DIED in an awful accident at a RACE TRACK"

"YEAH?!"

"Let's make them go VERY SLOWLY around the LARGEST RACE TRACK in the COUNTRY!"

"HAHAHAHA! They're going to cry!"

MM

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Weavers"
Jesus walks with them.

Well, he'd better get his divine rear in gear when the mat comes into sight, or they're going to get outraced by another team. 'I am the Lord Thy God. I don't go any faster than this' just isn't going to wash with Phil.

And remember: the course is scouted -- and all Detours & Roadblocks set in stone -- before the teams are ever picked. By the time the Weavers came on board, it was too late to move the course around the museum. The route was in place long before they ever got there.

Now, whether the producers cast the Weavers saying 'We've already got the track and the bikes: let's try for drama on top of it' -- different question entirely. Very cynical, very nasty question. And if the executive producer was Mark Burnett, I'd answer 'Yes!' in a heartbeat. For the TAR team -- not completly sure, but I'm ninety percent leaning towards it.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-21-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Weavers"
Why is it that the other teams hate the Weavers? They're not rude and abusive to each other. They don't yell and scream. They haven't screwed another team by lying to them. So why is it? Just curious. From what I've seen there is really no justification to all the negativity towards them. It's not like they're watching the show with us and see everything they do in their cars.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-21-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Weavers"
I think they hate them because of the airport incident and the dancing at the waffle house incident. I think it is perceived that they think they are better than everyone else. Whether or not they actually think that about themselves I don't know.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-21-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Weavers"
>>I think they hate them because of the airport incident and the dancing at the waffle house incident<<

Several teams were commenting that they disliked the Weavers before those two incidents.

I'm perfectly willing to assume that the Weavers are just as obnoxious to the other teams as they are on our TVs. If so many teams dislike them, there must be something going on. Don't forget -- the teams see ALOT more of each other than we the viewers see.

Now if it were ONLY the Paolos, or ONLY the Rodgers' or ONLY the Godlewskis, I'd lean more toward thinking the Weavers are just fine & the ONE team that disliked them was nutz. That isn't the case.

indy42 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-21-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Weavers"
I agree. The weavers only strange because all the other strange ones got eliminated early. They just stick out like a sore thumb now.

JoeC 14 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The Weavers"
Personally I don't hate the Weavers but they are my least favorite teams. People the world over have lost loved ones either naturally or by accident. They aren't the first and they appear to be using it to gain sympathy. Then the fact they are praying endlessly for God to help them win the race or get to a certain location ahead of another team can grate on people.

I believe it's all in the editing. The only time we see the Weavers they are either praying or talking about their dead dad/husband. And the race track thing was completely overblown and overdramatic. Now peddling that bike around the track while dodging race cars going 200 mph would have been classless and cruel. Peddling around an empty racetrack surely didn't cause any emotional distress just because their Dad/husband was killed at a racetrack. Would it have been bad if he were killed on the interstate and then they had to drive on one?

Again, I don't hate the Weavers but the producers have made me root against them by showing them in the light that they have shown them in.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •