The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-06-05, 04:02 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
Ah come on guys! This show is crap and now you add more bile with the degrading spy / briefcase element? Firstly the kids nowadays are not intersted in this bull (this is not get smart ya know) and secondly, only the adults took part in that detour.

Gone from bad in week 1 to terrible in week 2. Cnanot tell you who came in 1st or last because I do not care.

Will watch it again when it goes back to the normal round the world program.

Very disappointed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... HistoryDetective 10-06-05 1
   RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... bystander 10-06-05 2
 Well Rhyn 10-06-05 3
   RE: Well tvgeek401 10-06-05 6
 RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... Earl Colby Pottinger 10-06-05 4
   WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations Bebo 10-06-05 5
       RE: WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations Earl Colby Pottinger 10-06-05 7
           RE: WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations Bebo 10-06-05 8
 RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... dabo 10-11-05 9
   RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... bystander 10-11-05 10
       RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... Cygnus X1 10-11-05 11
           RE: Spies with briefcases? How old ... bystander 10-11-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-05, 07:20 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
Yeah, looking for spies with briefcases around the Tidal Basin is so much dumber than looking for pub-goers with coasters in a German beer hall.

I'm nuts for Nutz ... and Syren too.
journal

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
Beer. Yum!

They forgot to mention you can get good icecream at the Shoe House.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-06-05, 07:47 AM (EST)
3. "Well"
I thought it was pretty darn funny. I was thought it brilliantly funny when Phil told us about the briefcase at the limo, and was actually giggling and giddy when he explained the briefcase exchange at the basin.

The whole thing was funny and clever to me. I especially liked some of the non-spy responses, too, that "The sky is blue," elicited.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-06-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Well"
I agree with you, Rhyn. This task was better than a lot of tasks on previous races...more creative. I mean, watching people climb up mountains or bungee jump gets kind of old after seeing it every. freaking. season.

I'm a kid* and I liked this task. I'm pretty sure lots of other kids would, too. We may not watch Get Smart, but we still know what spies are.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
*Okay, so I'm technically not a kid, but I was less than a year ago. Plus, I'm very immature and I still have the attention span of a three year old.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
That is a very good question.

How old are you anyway that you seen to have fallen in love with a particular four letter word. Must you use it for every thread you start?

And so far for such a terrible show you still watch it.

The Spy vs Spy was just plain fun, I enjoyed it, I am sorry you did not, but remember even this silly little game required that the racers put some thought into who could play it best, and we still got to see the families make some bad choices. In TAR thinking counts unlike of the stuff on TV, and even Spy vs Spy needed some fore-thought, that is what makes it better than the other shows. Thinking, not being a couch-potatoe asking to be feed baby food.

If you start using your brains as you watch the show you will enjoy it more.

Moderators: Did I go too far? And if I did should this thread not be in http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/1139.shtml anyway?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
5. "WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-05 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

Read the guidelines. Now.

You've posted here long enough to know bashing another poster will not be tolerated. Do not do it again.

And if you have an issue with someone else's post/thread that you believe warrants moderator attention, use the Alert button as instructed by those guidelines. Other posters had no problem finding that button after reading your post.

ETA: I'm not locking this thread. Just because someone uses the words "this is crap" in multiple threads does not make it a duplicate.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
7. "RE: WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations"
Problems:

I did reread the guidelines at the same time, I don't think what I did as bashing the original poster and I found the guidelines a little vague at points. Probably there is something I am misreading.

Infact I first start trying to getting the moderator attention but the guidelines do *NOT* tell you which icon to use. I tried all four and two seem to want to send messages to myself - no mention of moderators. So which is the correct icon?

The reason I thought the thread was extra is he is using the same words in two diffirent threads to talk about what to me seems the same thing. But the choice is yours ofcourse

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
8. "RE: WARNING - MULTIPLE Violations"
>the guidelines do *NOT* tell you which icon to use.

From the guidelines:

In addition, if you see a post that seems objectionable to you, please notify the RealityTVWorld.com staff at once by clicking the 'Alert' link found in the lower left corner of the objectionable post.

Any further questions for the moderators should be taken off the threads and handled via either PM or email. Let this thread get back on topic.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 03:09 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
My kids still love to play. Honestly, if my family were running in this race, I might have let my 14-year-old or my 11-year-old run with the briefcase, and have fun with it. Yeah, real covert operatives wouldn't be 14 or 11, but then again they wouldn't have a TAR camera crew following their every step either.

This is TAR-lite family edition, they've given up the thrill-seaker stuff and let kids in the race, it's playtime!

I'm just a bill,
Yes, I'm only a bill,
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city,
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday...
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I'm still just a bill.

10-11-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
I love Schoolhouse Rock. I can still remember those silly songs. How else does one remember how a Bill gets passed, Or that the Shot heard round the world was the start of the revolution. I can even sing the preamble to the Constitution.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
I can even sing the preamble to the Constitution.

But if that comes up on a test, as happened to one friend when he was in grade school, and you write it exactly as you heard the song...

you got it WRONG!

The song omits "of the United States of America" after "We, the people..."

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

10-11-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Spies with briefcases? How old are we?"
Thanks for the heads up! Now I'll get 100 on that test.

Hookin up words and phrases and clauses.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •