The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
This is a continuation of the discussion started here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1063&forum=DCForumID54&omm=0

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale results disappointment t... cahaya 05-13-05 1
   RE: Finale results disappointment t... Bebo 05-13-05 2
       RE: Finale results disappointment t... anotherkim 05-13-05 4
 RE: Finale results disappointment t... MTommy 05-13-05 3
   RE: Finale results disappointment t... UrbanDweller 05-14-05 5
   RE: Finale results disappointment t... happyrobandamberarelosers 05-14-05 6
       RE: Finale results disappointment t... anotherkim 05-14-05 7
           RE: Finale results disappointment t... Tsina 05-16-05 8
       RE: Finale results disappointment t... trudy 05-16-05 9
           RE: Finale results disappointment t... cahaya 05-16-05 10
   RE: Finale results disappointment t... iloverob 05-16-05 11
 RE: Finale results disappointment t... trudy 05-16-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
About your post #117 in the prior thread...

Sorry we didn't alert you earlier. We thought that it was a rather difficult thread to miss with the subject title, constant updates and well over 100 posts inside of two days.

Point well taken, and we'll alert you in similar future siuations whether it sticks out like a sore thumb or not. I think I speak for quite a few of us TAR fans here.

Thanks!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

Oh, it was noticed, but there have been countless posts and threads on all of our forums in which posters have used symbols to mask a swear word so that it would appear on the forums (including that one). But taking the thread off-topic to get into that discussion wasn't the right way to handle it. If you're offended by something, or if you think the moderators need to handle something, alert a mod. I don't know how much clearer we could make the guidelines about that.

Edited to make it clearer than that - A bad word in a post is not enough to warrant moderator attention. Our guidelines state we are a PG-13 forum. If you are offended by something that falls within the PG-13 guidelines, then that's something you need to deal with privately. And if you question whether something is PG-13, that's when you alert a mod. But no matter what, complaining about it in a thread is the wrong approach.

Now, back to discussing the finale...

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

thank you, bebo! We appreciate all of your hard work!

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
I read an article in which a CBS spokesman denied that a producer asked the airline to open the door.

Further stated was...

"Reality series are always breeding grounds for conspiracy theories," says the CBS spokesman. "Only an understanding gate agent and the goodwill of the pilot returned the Jetway back to the plane. Uchenna and Joyce treated everyone with kindness and respect throughout race, and that karma was returned at a crucial moment."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,156435,00.html

Having read it, I guess I'll trust the "spokesman" for now (in spite of being nameless); but I will not be surprised if CREDIBLE information to the contrary comes out.

Your thoughts?

UrbanDweller 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 01:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
Corporate spokespeople are paid to put the spin out there for their companies. I'm with you, I'll be interested in seeing this play out.

happyrobandamberarelosers 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
what disappointment? The finale was great!!!! Uchenna and Joyce shown real class. Even though they were in the race to win, they still did the right thing and helped out their fellow teams when needed. The CBS spokesman is correct. That karma came back to them when they needed it most. Who saw the overturned car and kept on driving? Well - What goes around comes around - and Rob and Amber got what they deserve - 2nd place. They are both very bitter individuals and poor sports. I hope everyone boycotts their wedding special. Sorry CBS but a boycott would send a message.

Let's face it. If the results were different and the pilot agreed to open the door for Rob and Amber - Uchenna and Joyce was not go on National television and complain. Rob and Amber had an unfair advantage from the beginning and Rob used this advantage whenever he could. Unfortunately it did not help in
Miami.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
Who saw the overturned car and kept on driving?

every team other than Lynn and Alex.

They are both very bitter individuals and poor sports.

Do you have one example to back up this statement?

. Rob and Amber had an unfair advantage from the beginning and Rob used this advantage whenever he could.

This was not their fault. They were cast by the producers of the show. He'd have been an idiot not to take the help they were offered. Every other team could have gotten help from locals, too, had they asked. And how many times did we see this "unfair advantage" that you speak of actually materialize? Can you provide examples?

I'm glad that U/J won and not Ron and Kelly.

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party--Vardis

Tsina 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-05, 05:53 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
way to go Kim, I totally agree with you. Romber would be so stooopid if they did not use that advantage. And it really wasn't their fault.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
"Let's face it. If the results were different and the pilot agreed to open the door for Rob and Amber - Uchenna and Joyce was not go on National television and complain."

I'm actually beginning to think they would have, but since they won we'll never know. I think some of the other teams would've been very vocal about it - (fantasy of M/G, L/A, P/S, U/J spewing even more crap about R/A than they already are) since they would feel even more upstaged.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
That's a hypothetical question - but given that several teams openly stated that they would not have wanted to see R/A win, and none of the teams said this of U/J, it's probably a fair assumption that these teams would have been vocal had R/A won.

iloverob 108 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
Hmmmm, seems like CBS and U/J need to get their story straight since Uchenna said on the radio that he yelled at the woman that she lied to them. That doesn't sound much like an 'understanding gate agent....U/J treated everyone with kindness and respect...'

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Finale results disappointment thread, part 2"
The finale was a total disappointment to me, regardless of who won or lost. Just couldn't get over the fact that on a flight that was already delayed a stunt like that was pulled. A group of at least 4 people got on at the last minute with standby status, then 4 MORE people are let on after the plane is held again???? I'm not talking about whether or not the doors are shut, ramp is moved, plane began leaving the gate. The plane is already delayed - read not on schedule - and the airline holds it up some more. Takes the believablity right out of the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •