The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

waldo555 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-05, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 03:03 AM (EST)

So I came across this site on another board:

M/G's blog:
http://www.tombguard.org/afterTheShow.htm

And then found this one on my own with some more personal info:
http://www.tombguard.org/meredith_smith.htm

Anyway the point is Meredith was VP of National Business something or other for 29 years. In the blog he reveals they have "financial advisors." More than one! So if Romber don't deserve to win because they already won a million dollars M/G surely don't deserve to win with all their riches.

Edit: So I looked for a satallite picture of their house on google maps (their address is on the second website along with e-mail phone numbers etc...) and it doesn't zoom enough to see how many tennis courts/swimming pools/servants quarters they have. But it is right next to an airport so maybe theyre not so well off. Or maybe they just want to be near the private jet.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... momotoo 04-26-05 1
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... trudy 04-26-05 2
       RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... LibraRising 04-26-05 3
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Seana 04-26-05 4
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Femme 04-26-05 5
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... ARnutz 04-26-05 6
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... waldo555 04-26-05 7
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... trudy 04-26-05 13
       RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... choochoo 04-26-05 14
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... cipher5150 04-26-05 8
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Harrison 04-26-05 10
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... mikey 04-26-05 11
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Ellehcar71 04-26-05 12
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Scuba Steve 04-27-05 15
   RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Edgeless Grass 04-29-05 24
 "Deserve"? Harrison 04-26-05 9
 Broken link or Conspiracy? Da Baby 04-27-05 16
   RE: Broken link or Conspiracy? Drive My Car 04-27-05 17
       RE: Broken link or Conspiracy? trudy 04-27-05 18
           Quote, from Merideth on the second ... The_Black_Mamba 04-27-05 19
           RE: Broken link or Conspiracy? Drive My Car 04-28-05 20
               RE: Broken link or Conspiracy? dragonflies 04-28-05 21
                   RE: Broken link or Conspiracy? cahaya 04-29-05 23
 RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't De... Joya 04-28-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

momotoo 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-05, 04:45 AM (EST)
1. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Wow ! Thanks for the links. Some interesting tidbits especially from Gretchen's After the Show recaps. The following, from one of her recaps, confirmed what I've always thought about Rob (since he won Amber's million, that is)....that he has a 'money' brain !

***** We had to locate a hotel to stay on our own, paid with the money we had been given at the stat of that leg in Lucknow. J & U, L & A were short of money and we had enough. (Imagine that!!!!!) We told them we could pool our money and share a hotel room. We found one near the square where the Clock Tower was. It was an ancient old castle that had belonged to a maharaja and family. There was a huge room for us all to use. Meredith negotiated with the manager and was told we could have the room. Immediately, Rob and Amber appeared and told the manager he would give him 3 times as much for the room. Fortunately the man said he didn't do business that way and gave us the room. We were so happy to see him angrily walk away. (December is the month for weddings in India and Jodphur is like a resort place where many of the couples come to marry.....therefore a shortage of rooms) Hooray for our side........*****

Hooray indeed, and kudos to those in the service sector with the right business etiquette !

Oh, and whether M and G deserves to win the million since they prolly have some other millions already ? Most people join such shows for the money, but there are those who join for the experience, for the thrill, for the chance to be famous, to prove something, to show off their new boobs, whatever.....it doesn't bother me a bit 'cos I know they won't win. And so won't Rob and Amber !!!

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Well, that was interesting. I dislike Gretchen even more now than I did before. Not because they are apparently already well to do ( and thus do not deserve to run the race according to the logic of some), just because she's annoying and a tad mean. I like Meredith, he seems so patient with her. I'll bet he drinks a lot of martinis at home though.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
3. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
You must've seen something in that anecdote I missed. What did she do that was "mean?"

But I'll agree that Meredith looks like a martini-in-the-study kind of guy.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
4. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
I dunno. I mean, they're retired. If they didn't have money at this point in their lives, I'd have no respect for them. Not that I like them so much or anything, but my dislike is based on Gretchen's voice and their incredibly poor performance in the Race. They've got to be the worst team ever in the top 4.

I have "financial advisors" too: my dad, the mortgage re-finance guy at the bank, the woman who does my taxes...

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Meredith's and Gretchen's assests back home have nothing to do with their deservedness of winning a million dollars on The Amazing Race.

The team that "deserves" to win is the one that uses smarts, ability and little luck to cross the finish line first; to be the last team standing. That is what constitutes deservedness in The Amazing Race. Not how many cars they have back home.

Do you also think that people who have already won the Pulitzer should never, ever be allowed to win again? What about an Oscar? "You are already an 'Academy Award Winning Actor,' so you can't have another one. Spread the wealth." What about people who go out and buy a new car, then win a new car on, like, Wheel of Fortune or something. Should they say, "No thank you, I am able to buy my own car," and walk away?

Maybe it's unsavory to see a million dollars go to someone who already has money to you, but it certainly have nothing to do with whether or not they "deserve" to win. If Meredith and Gretchen cross the finish line first, then mon dieu, they deserve to win.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
It's not the fact that Romber has money that bothers me. It's the fact that so many people want to be on this show and Romber got on specifically because they were already on Survivor and they were able to launch a promotional campaign to appeal to the producers.

It bothers me that they are there because they took a spot from the millions of fans who didn't get a chance to be on the show. No ordinary person has the ability to run through the talk show circuit to promote themselves into being a team on the race.

The money is probably not even a secondary issue for me.

waldo555 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
7. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

I really think they should be on the race. My point was some people were complaining Romber had money and thus shouldn't have been casted. I wanted to show that other racers have money too. May the best racers win.

Ahhh I was being sarcastic. I guess its hard to tell. I think they should be on the race, clearly they deserve to after beating so many of the younger teams.

04-26-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
I was also being sarcastic - I was just making fun of G/M having money because so many people have said "Hey, Romber already has a million, they shouldn't be allowed to race." I wouldn't be surprised to hear that plenty of TAR contestants have been loaded since you have to be able to leave your job, bills, pets at home while you race and being somewhat wealthy makes that a whole lot easier.

I said Gretchen was a tad mean because of the Romber (YKW) sniping and griping in her blog. Also looks like the producers and security are all conspiring against a M/G win what with security making her stay on the elephant and "losing" the camera crew and having to wait for them to find the team before they could do the metal box thing. Why have we never heard of this type of production accident before? It seems like it could potentially cost someone the race.

Finally let me just say that hey, it's a TV show. I don't care if they get actors, suvivors, rich people, old people whatever. I just want to be entertained while I'm watching it and so far this season I've been very entertained.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
As far as the waiting for the camera crew issue, I seem to remember (way back) a discussion of the TAR Rules on this board. As I recall, the official(?) TAR Rules state that the racers must treat the camera crew as "their children" and not stray away, ditch, or leave without them. If the geezers, either deliberately or because of senility, got ahead of the crew, then TOUGH!, it's their fault. TOO BAD! Rules are rules. No special treatement because of age. I believe, however, that finish times can be adjusted (and accasionally are) when racers are delayed due to production errors.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
I agree. I think contestants should have to prove that they “need” the money before they can be allowed to participate.

In addition, I think old people should not be allowed to race period, as they are old and have a shorter life expectancy and therefore would not get the opportunity to use any money they won.

And while we are at, they should ban the following:
1) Anyone with a lot of debt – they’ve already proven they can’t handle their money so why give them another opportunity to screw it up.
2) Anyone with a below average IQ - sure, this will eliminate a lot of the “pretty” contestants but it is for their own good as they would not be able to make sound financial decisions regarding any money they won and it’ll just give them a headache.
3) College aged contestants – they’ll just use the money on beer.
4) Housewives – if they can afford not to work then they obviously don’t need the money that bad.
5) Anyone who has ever purchased a singing fish, Britney Spears album, or a lottery ticket – as they have shown questionable judgment in their spending habits and cannot be trusted with money.

Hmmm, who else should we ban?

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Interesting.

But what if someone is poor but has cancer?

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-26-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
They should ban anyone who becomes a POW just to get out of their army commitment.

They should ban anyone who would use the money for invitrofertilization, as the world is overpopulated as it is.

They should ban anyone who would use the money for a gay marriage ceremony, as that would divide America too much.

They should ban anyone who has been in a commercial with Jennifer Aniston, as they were probably responsible for the breakup of her marriage.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
>Hmmm, who else should we ban?

How about
1) married couples, because they might get divorced, and have to split up the money (might be a problem with no pre-nup)

2) unmarried couples, because they might not get married, and would have to split up the money - that could get ugly

3) women with boob jobs - surely they'll just spend it on more plastic surgery - that could get really ugly

Does everyone have their sarcasm-meters on today? Better check!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-27-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
15. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Well, it looks like I'm not gonna be on TAR as I fit almost all of those qualities.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
24. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
Ya ya...they should just convert the whole TAR show to a charity show...distribute the money to needy and poor people. Forget about the race, rating..etc.

(\~~/) (\~~/)
(~'.'~) (^.^ )
(_(___ (_(__)~ *~*~~

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
9. ""Deserve"?"
It's a simple equation: If you win the race, you deserve the cash.

For all their faults, M&G certainly haven't coasted to their position in the final 4.

Sometimes I really wonder why people hold the (relative) wealth of others against them, especially if that wealth is the result of careful investing, long-term employment or just good old fashioned hard work.

Petty envy seems like too easy an answer, but then you never know...

Da Baby 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
16. "Broken link or Conspiracy?"
Hey,

I tried to access the link to Gretchen's blog and it won't work. Has it been pulled? Or is it down for another reason?

I haven't read it, but have heard about it. Apparently, she said that she felt CBS was helping Rob and Amber? Is this true? I can't imagine that CBS would like that at all. Doesn't it breach their confidentiality policy?

Can someone who did get a chance to read it recap please?

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Broken link or Conspiracy?"
It's been gone all day. I wasn't able to read much of it, so I'm not sure if she was giving away too much information or not.

I wondered about the rules of discussing inside information before the entire show was over, it would be so easy to accidentally give something away.

04-27-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Broken link or Conspiracy?"
I logged onto it earlier today around 11 am and just checked it again at 7:50 pm and it's worked perfectly both times. Maybe you're server is blocking it or something.

The_Black_Mamba 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-27-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
19. "Quote, from Merideth on the second web page"
" I founded Form Magazine which became the official trade publication of the business forms industry"

Sounds like a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal page turner.

I do think it was cool that M was a guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 07:28 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Broken link or Conspiracy?"

Really? Because I still can't get it to work for me.
The second link works fine, but the first one with their comments about the show is gone. It worked fine on Tuesday, but not since.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Broken link or Conspiracy?"
I'm having the same problem Buggy. Plus the Tomb site isn't very easy to navigate.

another syren masterpiece

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Broken link or Conspiracy?"
Same here... I'm getting a 404 error on the first link.

-- cahaya

Joya 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
22. "RE: M/G Already Rich! They Don't Deserve to Win..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-05 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Be glad Ray and Deana are gone. Ray is a millionaire. No kidding. I live in the same town as he does. I could not think of 2 people who needed 2 new cars less than those 2. He should have made a donation to that poor ophanage.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •