The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last Comic Standing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-03, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last Comic Standing"
Tonights show was really good! Gonna miss Rob, I thought his set was funny.

How hysterical was it when they palyed Hide and seek and left Dat hiding for an hour ? It was wrong, but I laughed so hard when he said, " I'm not playing this game with you guys again" LOL!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last Comic Standing Bebo 07-08-03 1
   RE: Last Comic Standing munson 07-09-03 6
       RE: Last Comic Standing Bebo 07-09-03 7
           RE: Last Comic Standing munson 07-11-03 13
               RE: Last Comic Standing Bebo 07-12-03 14
 RE: Last Comic Standing DoodleBug 07-08-03 2
 RE: Last Comic Standing SurvivinDawg 07-09-03 3
   RE: Last Comic Standing BriarRosie 07-09-03 10
       RE: Last Comic Standing SurvivinDawg 07-09-03 11
 RE: Last Comic Standing RUTGERSpaul 07-09-03 4
 RE: Last Comic Standing Mistral 07-09-03 5
 RE: Last Comic Standing Bucky Katt 07-09-03 8
 RE: Last Comic Standing mtopaz 07-09-03 9
 RE: Last Comic Standing Drive My Car 07-09-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I miss Bobert.

So next week is the last head-to-head, the last elimination. Wonder how the show is structured after that?

If Dat doesn't win the next exemption, he's toast. Everyone wanted him to go this time, and we saw Dave and Rich going at him in the preview. If they can't get Dat, then they'll go after Geoff, since he wimped out and changed his vote so Rob couldn't challenge him.

Bebo, Mistress of EVIL and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
So next week is the last head-to-head, the last elimination.
Wonder how the show is structured after that?

Bebo, I think it was said that next week is the last exemption, not the last head-to-head elimination round. I'm sure the head-to-head battles continue but no one is safe from the showdown.

07-09-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I thought I heard both. First they showed Dat saying that the scavenger hunt was the last exemption, then they showed Cory saying it was the last head-to-head.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-11-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
You would think that after all these years (what's it, 2?) I would have learned not to correct the all-knowing, all-seeing, mighty Ms. Bebo!

After further research, I think you were right after all. I've read (wish I had the link handy) that the head-to-heads take us to five, setting up the two hour finale. Could be one more head-to-head to conclude the first hour and get to a Final 4. But then what?

07-12-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
But then what?

I read a preview today that said the final 5 will be returning to Vegas.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
Tonight's show was SO funny! OMH, I really *heart* this show.

I will miss Bobert too. I loved the bit about the semi-colon. Too funny.

Ok, so if this is the last head-2-head, then what's next? I'm interested to know too.

Everybody Loves Dat. LOL!

A Kyngsladye Original

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-03, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
Last Comic Standing is really one of the best reality TV shows ever put together. I hope we'll be seeing a couple of sequels.

What a tough night in the finale! Rob vs. Ralphie. Two powerhouse acts. They were both really great, too. "Bobbert" was very funny, but I can see why Ralphie won (and I'll refrain from mentioning how much I agreed with Ralphie, politically speaking ).

It was great to see Dat Phan win the immunity, also. The looks on the other folks' faces were just priceless. And boy! did Cory take hell for helping Dat Phan out.

I cannot stand Rich Vos, however, and I'm very sorry that he seems to be the head of this alliance within the house. And the way they treated Dat Phan (not just the hide-and-seek, but overall) was just brutal, and IMHO not very funny. Tess is beginning to wear very thin on me, also.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-09-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I can sum up why Ralphie won and not Rob.

Ralphie can do "comedy for the masses". That is, he's got a basic schtick that most people can relate to, even if it has been worked to death.

Rob is a "comic's comic". He appeals to those who are a little
"out there" when it comes to comedy. I just know that the other comics were laughing MUCH harder at Rob's stuff, so that does tell me something.

So...has anyone missed me? I haven't posted in a while.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-03, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
Totally agree with you. Ralphie appealed to the audience. Rob was funny, but it was more apparent to the other comics, and wasn't "obvious" to the audience.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-09-03, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I came into to this giving those booming rave reviews of the show. And who knew it would turn out to be such a nasty show?

I didn't like Rich Vos from the beginning and still don't, plus he's pretty well-known int he NYC comedy circuit, so I still don't know what he's doing there. He's cocky and I don't see where he gets this idea that he's... good-looking.

Anyway, I REALLY like Dat Phan, and in that oh so shortlives PTTE, I put Dat Phan at the top of my list. I think he's the funniest there, and with Dave and Rich saying he's not funny, sorry boys, those are your fears creeping up on you.

They're all sos cared, and I honestly think they want him out because he's a threat. If there's anybody who hasn't proven themselves to be funny, it's Tess. All she does it talk about everybody, put on this faux-Diva attitude, and do her stupid giggle. She's annoying, self-absorbed, and it's always about Tess.

Rob Cantrell's stand-up is very, and I mean VERY, similar to Mitch Hedberg. The kind of random comedy that touches upon REALLY random subjects. Not saying he wasn't funny, and not saying he's a hack, but his style is just VERY similar. I do like Rob Cantrell.

Ralphie is just gross. I have nothing more to say on my opinion of Ralphie May. But props on the girlfriend, I wouldn't think Ralphie would have a girlfriend. Not just his appearance, but his attitude. Plus his act, he has some good material, but he's kind of a poser.

I don't know, I'm just hoping Dat win immunity next week, "Everybody Loves Dat".

There really is nobody else I like in that house. All the nice people are gone, and everybody has just gotten really nasty, and it's VERY unappealing.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-09-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I thought Rob's bit about the semi-colon was pretty funny, too but he was no match for Ralphie. In fact, I don't think any of them are. I promised myself from the beginning that I wouldn't care how they behaved in the house, all I cared about is who makes me laugh the hardest. And that's Ralphie. Even though I wouldn't mind if Rich Vos and his neatly-pressed pants got the boot.

Being from Liberalville, I'm probably not "supposed" to find his routine funny. But I agree with the other poster about the political incorrectness. This stuff is funny, so just laugh at it already!

Yeah, it was pretty juvenile, what they did to Dat. I think they're underestimating him, though. I'm fairly certain he could take out Geoff Brown, and probably a couple others as well. Glad the audience has the final say!

Are they really not going to have the head-to-head eliminations anymore after next week? Or are they just eliminating the immunity?

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-09-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
I only starting watching this show 3 weeks ago when all 10 finalists were in the house so this is my first time seeing Ralphie's comedy act. I think poser is the right word for him. And Michael Jackson jokes? Puh-leeze. Having said that, I think Bobert's act has potential but needs polishing as it didn't have any real laugh out loud moments. The funniest person won which I think has occured each of the last 3 weeks.

I'm really interested to see Dat's routine - and it looks like we will next week. This is a good show and I hope NBC pushes it harder and brings back some sequels.

"How fascinating for you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due to make a deposit at the local savings and litter box."

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-09-03, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Last Comic Standing"
This is a show I didn't think I would like, but yet I'm now hooked. Pshaw!

I missed the first show or two, so I don't know all the dynamics to date. From what I've seen, I don't like Tess very much. That annoying giggle of hers! Is she funny? I have no idea.

Rich Vos: Have (ironing) board, will travel. That's the sitcom he should have pitched - maybe would have gotten some better response from the test group.

What I realized last night is that I really don't want to know how juvenile some grown-ups can be, behind the scenes. The "joke" on Dat was unkind and he took it as well as he could - what choice did he really have? Be a "good sport", it's all in fun - ha, ha, ha. It wasn't funny in junior high, and even less so when adults do it - great example Cory for your daughter in da hood.

I was glad Dat won the challenge and threw the consortium (or whatever the heck the inner core call themselves) for a loop. But he was pretty goofy the way he pumped the air and crowed when he won, then had to be reminded to thank Cory for her suggestions. A little maturing would do him some good.

Mmmm Topaz

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Last Comic Standing"

Rob was funnier, to me anyway, but I agree with the people that think he hasn't polished his act like Ralphie has.

Dat is not funny! Ok, for a minute he is funny, but if all he has is the ethnic stuff, it is getting old quick.
The kid is totally OCD.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •