The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

snooter 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snooter Click to send private message to snooter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
No disrespect to Jay London, as he is a talented comedian but there is no way that he truly defeated either Ant (who I dont care for but still think is funny) or Todd Glass, who was brilliant in his performance.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... Mistral 07-29-04 1
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... Kim4Cali 07-29-04 2
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... truthrules50 07-30-04 3
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... theking0075 07-30-04 4
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... LovingSheep 07-30-04 5
 Doesn't really matter Oscirus 07-30-04 6
   RE: Doesn't really matter PagongRatEater 07-30-04 7
       RE: Doesn't really matter Oscirus 07-30-04 12
   RE: Doesn't really matter Pensha26 07-30-04 8
   RE: Doesn't really matter theking0075 07-30-04 13
       RE: Doesn't really matter Oscirus 07-30-04 14
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... Jonner_311 07-30-04 9
   RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... Luvstruck 07-30-04 10
   RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... ipisia 08-08-04 16
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... Joools 07-30-04 11
   RE: wild card results - Jay is funn... Luvstruck 07-30-04 15
 RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't ... gailwrites 08-08-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-29-04, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Well, I never thought Jay was funny or talented or anything but scary-looking. I just don't get why he's supposedly so popular.

I thought Ant was the funniest, and that's pretty sad.

I don't care much for Todd, or Bonnie, or Corey either though, so I think this whole wild card thing is just a waste of time.

Mark Burnett, see what you started!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kim4Cali 3 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kim4Cali Click to send private message to Kim4Cali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
I completely agree with snooter on this one. I know, this may sound extremely dorky, but I actually voted for Todd Glass after Episode 8, ten times! LOL. He shows much more comedic talent than the other four who went against him in the wild card competition and I was extremely upset when he was beat by Jay. Personally, I do not think that Jay London is that funny. At least not funny enough to be on the show. His one liners are obnoxious and overdone! Not to mention, his extremely repetitive material. I know this sounds harsh, but I just recently watched the show, and I am still upset over Todd's loss. LOL.

truthrules50 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-30-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthrules50 Click to send private message to truthrules50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
WAHHH !! I love Todd Glass - I can't believe he's gone....AGAIN !! Rats.

Anyway - I guess if it had to be someone other than my Todd baby, I'm okay with Jay. His jokes are so lame...yet I laugh !!

Todd....Todd to me was the ONE comic in this whole show that just seemed NATURALLY funny. When he did a set, it was like it was just him chatting with you, the viewers, the audience. Even as much of a "manic" personality as he is (he reminds me of Robin Williams), he still made you feel as if it was no big deal to him....he did't HAVE to score a laugh with you...he was just being himself. JMO.

And, truth to be now told....I also found him strangely sexy. If he had made it into the house, I would have had my nights all set - Heffron & Glass !! Ah...talk about a menage !! (Oops...looking around quick to see if hubby is reading this. Whew.)

So long Todd...I'll really miss you.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Todd Lost to TAMMY! Who in my opinion, if you rated all 10 comics 1-10, would be 9 or 10! For that reason alone he does not deserve to be back in. I thought he (Todd) was funny at first, but he got annoying after a while. Plus, he was always funnier off stage just acting crazy. All in all, America made the best choice.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

LovingSheep 9 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LovingSheep Click to send private message to LovingSheep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Actually, I like Jay London. It's not so much that I think he's hysterical, but his dead-pan, self-deprecating humor is amusing to me. But I mostly like him because he seems like a kind soul, a gentle person, who is not full of himself or cruel to others. I'm glad he got another chance.

Ant is very funny to me, but I don't like the way he treats other people at times - you can never really trust him. Todd is funny. I enjoyed his routine on last night's show.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-30-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Doesn't really matter"
The winner was playing for a 5 at best. It was funny that bonnie was last twice in a row. As for todd losing out Karma is a mother ain't it.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Doesn't really matter"
You mean you're not supposed to punch cats? Damn!

07-30-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Doesn't really matter"
not that. disregard the whole karma thing its just me being petty and not letting old matters drop.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-30-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Doesn't really matter"
The winner was playing for a 5 at best.

I agree with that. I think it will come down to Heffron and Bodden.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Doesn't really matter"
>The winner was playing for a 5 at best.

I'm not so sure about that. I know a lot of people (myself included) who may vote for Jay if John, Gary, and Alonzo don't have good sets on Tuesday.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

07-30-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Doesn't really matter"
Perhaps but whats the probability of all thrre of them bombing. That the fact that Madigan has quite a following and tammy's ethnic jokes ought to make it really hard for jay to crack the final 3.

Jonner_311 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-30-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonner_311 Click to send private message to Jonner_311 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
I find the more times I watch Jay the less funny I find him. I do like some of his quick one liners, but he gets a bit repetive with his "thank yous" - it starts to get a little annoying.

Luvstruck 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Luvstruck Click to send private message to Luvstruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
>I find the more times I
>watch Jay the less funny
>I find him. I
>do like some of his
>quick one liners, but he
>gets a bit repetive with
>his "thank yous" - it
>starts to get a little
>annoying.

We watched the wild card show and I was happy Jay won, he's really clever and funny in my opinion. Afterwards watching Kerry when he was saying his repetetive "thank yous" we were dying laughing just thinking of Jay.

ipisia 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-08-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ipisia Click to send private message to ipisia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
>I find the more times I
>watch Jay the less funny
>I find him. I
>do like some of his
>quick one liners, but he
>gets a bit repetive with
>his "thank yous" - it
>starts to get a little
>annoying.

exactly

you can map out his act before he even goes up

thank you

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Aarrrgh!!! They teased me up until the last moment when I thought Todd might win. But, sadly, it was not to be. I actually did find myself laughing at some of Jay's one-liners, but his kind of comedy is really best in small doses. The winner of the whole thing will get his or her own special on Comedy Central. Can you imagine 30 or 60 minutes of one-liner after one-liner interrupted by the occasional "Thank you" or "I'm sorry, it will be over soon"? Jay seems like a really good guy, but I just don't think he can beat John, Alonzo or Gary.

Luvstruck 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Luvstruck Click to send private message to Luvstruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: wild card results - Jay is funny"
Good article, shows how he thinks on his feet. One quote from it something like when Gary beat him he thought GQ beat IQ.

www.entertainment.myway.com/celebgossip/tvginsider/id/07_20_2004_3.html

gailwrites 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gailwrites Click to send private message to gailwrites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: wild card results - Jay wasn't that funny"
Jay London is very funny, he has an odd style, but yet that's his trademark an it works well for him. You can tell he loves what he was doing and he loved being voted back as the wild card. I love how he takes stage and his work is always funny. He's rare for our time....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •