The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

Met80 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Met80 Click to send private message to Met80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
First, I did not come here to really bash the show or anyone who likes it. I still don't mind it, but I don't like it nearly as much as I once did.

I started thinking of why that may be the case. I think part of the reason is that I am now 25, and maybe I really just don't care as much about seeing how these people interact with each other as I once did. There is nothing MTV can do about that. It could be that my tastes have just changed a bit.

But I think a bigger problem with the show is that the formula has become so repetitive and that causes the show, from year to year, to be very similiar. It used to be shocking and interesting to see a big fight on the Real World, someone going to jail, or whatever, but now it seems to happen every single show. Not that the Real World can predict that these things are going to happen, but I think by casting these people who drink a ton and have very explosive personalities increases the chances of these instances happening.

I think this show would be much better if they mixed up the formula a bit. I am not sure MTV will do it any time soon, because I am sure this show still gets pretty decent ratings. But maybe they need to do something like having a guy and his girlfriend both be cast members on the show? That could be interesting. Maybe they need to raise the age limit for the cast members and have a 26 or 27-year-old on the Real World. Maybe they need to add another cast member or two and have 8 or 9 people on the show. I don't know, maybe just something to mix things up a bit.

Thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does anyone not like this show ... snobunnie12342000 11-27-05 1
   RE: Does anyone not like this show ... DaveThe Dude 11-27-05 2
       RE: Does anyone not like this show ... snobunnie12342000 12-06-05 7
 RE: Does anyone not like this show ... brvnkrz 11-27-05 3
   RE: Does anyone not like this show ... flipxcyd 12-02-05 4
 RE: Does anyone not like this show ... kidkid 12-02-05 5
   RE: Does anyone not like this show ... Met80 12-03-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snobunnie12342000 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snobunnie12342000 Click to send private message to snobunnie12342000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
Yeah I dont like the show half as much as I used to. Mostly because of the same ole same ole thing. I still watch it and like it just not as much as I used to. They need ot do something really shocking and unusual. Something really unexpected and crazy.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-27-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
> They need ot
>do something really shocking and
>unusual. Something really unexpected and
>crazy.

Maybe the most shocking thing they could do is go back to the original formula and have the show center on the REAL WORLD, with REAL WORLD problems and situations. The last few seasons have been jokes - same old, same old, same .........

I still say, pick a cast with some brains (in other words no one like Wes), a cast that wants to do things other than mindless drinking, a cast that wants to experience the real world. Stick them in Vienna, Prague, or Budapest and let them experience the real world, PLUS the the very different world of Eastern Europe. But the same old nonsense is just plain boring.

snobunnie12342000 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-06-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snobunnie12342000 Click to send private message to snobunnie12342000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
Yeah exactly

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
My decline started after the Vegas season. I agree that it has just become a boring formula of watching stupid drunks get arrested. Unless something dramatic changes they have lost me pretty much for good.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
I totally agree. I lost interest after Vegas. It was like it was REQUIRED to be drunk, have sex, and have wild parties late into the night. Now, let's place you in say, Austin, Philly, or Chicago, and it's like, ho-hum.

The Real World franchise isn't growing. Instead, it basically recycles the same thing over and over again. Huh, maybe that's why the Apprentice franchise is being moved over to the west coast.

A PhoenixMons creation

kidkid 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidkid Click to send private message to kidkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
I had to throw my two cents in after watching the real world reunion. First up. Nehemiah.
As a black male i'm always pissed at MTV for making a point of locating the selfish angry black guy. every season. when does it stop. thank god for jaquiese(think thats how u spell it) Neh. was by far the most dislikable character on the history of this show since...hmm i can't think of anyone. Even when he talks in jest its offensive. did he really say i don't want anyone to think i'm gay. what a jerk

I never actually saw him get any play from any girls. and the groupie draw that's just plain embarrassing.On another note he'd be excellent for the gauntlet cuz u know he'd get cut down to size in days and end up crying.

-Rachel is a total fool. Sorry but it looked like she was about to be raped beaten and killed by Neh and Wes. who defended her? Danny. and like the weak idiot she is she actually apologized to Wes and Neh and called Danny fake. thats bizarre. If danny wasn't there she would've been put in a hospital.

-Lacey is unusual because she seems smart and intelligent has her own business but fair is fair. she talks so much crap no way would u want her for a friend.

-Wes is actually okay. he may be vapid and shallow but what u see is what u get. like it or not his as loyal as a german sheperd with a tendency to attack his master once or twice if not fed.

Danny and Mel are okay with me too. the irony with them is that there exactly what MTV wants. cute people having non stop sex falling in love and getting married unfortunately it actually ruins the chemistry of the show.

as for the show in general they got to get a theme besides going to bars and getting drunk.

oh yeah! think about it. could the rest of the cast really be that angry with Danny just cuz he didn't call them back or answer their emails you got to be kidding me. the guys mom passed. he ends up finding the person his gonna spend the rest of his life with, buys a house and don't be surprised if you see him or mel on other tv shows in the future - sound like jealousy.

Bring on the gauntlet.

Met80 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Met80 Click to send private message to Met80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does anyone not like this show that much any more? / What changes could be made?"
As I alluded to earlier, I just wish they would mix up the show a bit and do a better job casting.

Find some people who really and truly want to be in a new city and want to explore their new surroundings. MTV must have some guy or girl send a tape in who has never been out of Iowa in their entire lives. Select someone like him or her.

I think they need to find someone like, say, Julie from the New Orleans season. Love her or hate her, I think it made for very interesting TV to see her interact with people she has never been around in her entire life.

In short, mix up the cast a bit. And get people who want to actually experience things other than hook up with random strangers and drink.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •