The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Real World Questions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealWorldFan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealWorldFan Click to send private message to RealWorldFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Real World Questions"
Hey all!
I posted a message a few weeks ago mentioning that I was doing some research on the fans of The Real World. If you guys have a moment, I'd love to hear your responses to one or any of the following questions. I think they'd also start some really good conversations Thanks!

1. What is it about The Real World that makes you want to watch?
2. Do you think the happenings on The Real World are real or overdramatised?
3. How does watching The Real World affect your opinions of people different from yourself?
4. What makes you continue to tune into the program, even after it has not met your expectations?
5. Can you think of any examples when you have found yourself speaking to others about Real World characters as if they were friends or acquaintences?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Real World Questions volsfan 03-15-05 1
   RE: Real World Questions RealWorldFan 03-15-05 2
       RE: Real World Questions volsfan 03-15-05 3
 RE: Real World Questions reversehalo 03-15-05 4
 RE: Real World Questions brvnkrz 03-15-05 5
 RE: Real World Questions Bebo 03-19-05 6
 RE: Real World Questions QueenZulu21 03-21-05 7
 RE: Real World Questions SharkOS420 05-09-05 8
 RE: Real World Questions shanice 07-13-05 9
 RE: Real World Questions DC_FAMU05 07-14-05 10
 RE: Real World Questions sammyboy22 07-16-05 11
 RE: Real World Questions MochaJavaGirlie 10-15-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Real World Questions"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

No need to start a new thread. Why not bump the old one?

ETA: please read the forum guidelines here. Duplicate threads are not a good thing!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RealWorldFan 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealWorldFan Click to send private message to RealWorldFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Real World Questions"
Would you rather me retype the message into the old thread so you can delete this one? I would be happy to.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Real World Questions"
I don't have the authority to delete threads or edit them. I was just making a suggestion that you should have bumped (meaning add a message to your original thread) the other one.

reversehalo 300 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-15-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reversehalo Click to send private message to reversehalo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Real World Questions"
1. I have been watching since season 1 but my interested has waned. RW use to have a diverse "cast" and people seemed to have a genuine interest in actually getting to know one another. The cast used to consist of young adults that actually had goals,ambitions and something going on in thier lives before showing up on MTV. Now the cast seems to consist of college students/recent grads who just want to party. RW has gotten so boring. I used to watch for the genuine interaction/conflicts/acceptance between a diverse group of people but that really doesn't happen anymore. These guys now are just looking to party and hook up. It's very shallow and self centered.

2. In the beginging I feel things were real anymore I think things are dramatized to keep people watching.

3. I don't feel RW has affected my life. It's just entertainment.

4. Each season I still have hope that it will be like it was but I'm always disappointed.

5. NO!!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Real World Questions"
What the hell, I'll play until it gets locked. *grin*

>1. What is it about
>The Real World that makes
>you want to watch?

At this point, because I have watched since season 1 it's almost habit. At one point I could not miss an episode, I think as I've gotten older I no longer relate with them so I don't have the need to watch as much.

>2. Do you think the
>happenings on The Real World
>are real or overdramatised?

They are so overdramatised. It's not "Real"

>3. How does watching The
>Real World affect your opinions
>of people different from yourself?

I wouldn't say it affects my opnions at all. I'm already opinionated.

>4. What makes you
>continue to tune into the
>program, even after it has
>not met your expectations?

I have no clue. I guess curiosity or habit.

>5. Can you think of
>any examples when you have
>found yourself speaking to others
>about Real World characters as
>if they were friends
>or acquaintences?

Um, no.

It's a Syren.
From now on I will behave but in the back of my mind I will be enslaved.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Real World Questions"
As someone who CAN do something about it (once I've been alerted to a situation), I locked your original post since this one has been getting replies. But please take a moment to read our guidelines. As a threaded community, we try to encourage discussion by keeping duplicate posts to a minimum.

QueenZulu21 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QueenZulu21 Click to send private message to QueenZulu21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Real World Questions"
>1. What is it about
>The Real World that makes
>you want to watch?
I didn't start religiously watching until the Boston series. It was just good tv. I could relate with these people and see them in real, interesting situations. Now it's also habit, at least with the Challenges. I've already come to know the people and storylines, and it's great to see them further than reunion shows. Still this is a great question, because unlike almost all shows, these three shows have something special that keeps me glued to the tele. I'm sure I could be 95 and still be watching RW80.

>2. Do you think the
>happenings on The Real World
>are real or overdramatised?
To me something can be real but also overdramatised. So I guess my answer would be 'yes.' I'm sure most exagerate for the cameras, whether on purpose or not. I'd like to assume that they're people and not characters, so in any new situation people are going to modify their personality but after awhile things (I think) would get back to normal. I don't like to think about things like this, it's like the editing questions, who knows, and honestly, who cares.

>3. How does watching The
>Real World affect your opinions
>of people different from yourself?
It opens your eyes about different personalities, and life histories. There are still things that are new to me in this country or culture, so I like seeing real, current interactions and lifestyles.

>4. What makes you
>continue to tune into the
>program, even after it has
>not met your expectations?
It's because it's met my expectations that I keep tuning in.

>5. Can you think of
>any examples when you have
>found yourself speaking to others
>about Real World characters as
>if they were friends
>or acquaintences?
When I was an undergrad, my friends and I would watch the episodes together and talk about them afterwards, like we were there or were personally affected. There are times when my friends and I have referenced people, but as far as speaking about others as my friends, I can't think of anything specific.

SharkOS420 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SharkOS420 Click to send private message to SharkOS420 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Real World Questions"
Do you want to hear a funny story...I'm posting for a research also! Our assignment was to join a fan forum and post for 3 weeks, and then write about our experiences and results. I'm interested to hear what class you're doing your paper for, and for what school. My paper is on ethnography.

shanice 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-13-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanice Click to send private message to shanice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Real World Questions"
1.what makes me wanna watch the real world cause it is very interested to me....
2.some things that happen on the the real world is overrdramatised like that slap on the real world in seattle stephen shoulda left the house cause he slap irene...the other thing was when beth s.said that david raped tammy i see that he was playing with them but they took it serious and put him out the house thats why i can't stand Beth S.The other thang was the real world in new york kevin thought that julie was racist how he is gonna think she is racist if she was racist she woulda came off rough when the first day they move in the house....

DC_FAMU05 3 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DC_FAMU05 Click to send private message to DC_FAMU05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Real World Questions"
I watch the real world for the drama and the fun...its young people just like us living lives and having fun and u never know what will happen...its fun to see each new season and how the locations and people change and fit...i think everything on the real world is real...i've never seen anything that made me think it was being done for the camera...seeing people who are different from me makes me see that everyone acts the same...someone like franky who was a punk chick still loved to have fun with everyone and wasnt how some may think punk people are....i tune in to the real world because i fell in love when i saw chicago and i dont care how awful a season may be i'll be watching the real world forever just because its fun to watch

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-16-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Real World Questions"
I watch the Real World for the drama. Basically that is it. The fights are my favorite part.
It depends. I would like to believe that they are all real.
It maybe makes me understand people a little better. You can watch the fight someone has with someone else and see what leads up to it, or at least what they show you. In my head I always imagine myself in one of the roommates shoes and try to think of how I would react to the given situation.
Sometimes I watch out of boredom. I watch with my friends which sometimes makes it more fun for a "boring" episode. I also watch because MTV only reruns the episodes like a 1000 times.
No, but, I bet I have and since my friends and I are so into it sometimes (depending on the season, roommates, etc.) we don't notice. I am truly ashamed to admit that...

MochaJavaGirlie 8 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MochaJavaGirlie Click to send private message to MochaJavaGirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Real World Questions"
1. What is it about The Real World that makes you want to watch?
Ilove the whole Premise that they are just picked out of thousands, put in a nice ##### house/loft/apartment whathaveyou. and the whole thing is on tape, the good the bad and the ugly. I also love that I was 17 when it started and I am hooked more than anyone I know!! I am now 31 and I am still taping it and rewatching episodes. I am also tuning into the challenges to see my old faves. including battle of the network realtiy stars!!

2. Do you think the happenings on The Real World are real or overdramatised? I think it is real, but they might have to do retakes for angles and the way someone might run down the street might not be 100& I regret not sending in a tape when I was in my twenties, I know I could have gotten on the show!!

3. How does watching The Real World affect your opinions of people different from yourself? I live in Central NJ,. Close to NYC and to Philly. I myself embrace all cultures, races, religions. But it sure is funny when Mormons/Christians.. or kids from all white neighborhoods come in and have to share a room with a GAY or Oversexed roomate!

4. What makes you continue to tune into the program, even after it has not met your expectations? I can't NOT Tune in,. even if It might be a lame storyline I still have to watch,

5. Can you think of any examples when you have found yourself speaking to others about Real World characters as if they were friends or acquaintences? Oh my God yes. My friends dont understand I am one with the RW/RR people!!

Thanks
Tara NJ

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •