The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-07-04, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Post your thoughts on tonight's (6/7/04) show here.

So, what did you all think?

"If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it by one's conversation." -Oscar Wilde

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Calgary Lost :( strid333 06-08-04 1
   Meredith thisgirl13 06-08-04 12
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... tanneu7 06-08-04 2
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... motormouth 06-08-04 3
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... CantStandToLook 06-08-04 4
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... mookiemeister 06-08-04 6
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... mmm_link 06-08-04 5
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Tiger Lily 06-08-04 18
       RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... mmm_link 06-10-04 23
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... buckeyegirl 06-08-04 7
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... CantStandToLook 06-08-04 10
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... SurvivorBlows 06-08-04 9
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Rockytop Chick 06-08-04 11
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... DoodleBug 06-08-04 13
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... escapedude 06-08-04 14
       RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Schnookie Palookie 06-08-04 15
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... calamityc 06-08-04 16
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... qwertypie 06-08-04 17
 RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Loree 06-09-04 19
   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Sage_Books 06-09-04 20
       RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Loree 06-09-04 21
           RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... escapedude 06-09-04 22
               RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... Norcalfella 06-10-04 24
                   RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... leogirl_21 06-12-04 25
       RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... schmoe 06-14-04 26
           RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... zipit 06-14-04 28
       RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discuss... zipit 06-14-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-08-04, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Calgary Lost :("
Sorry, just couldn't watch this show when game 7 was on. I caught the intro for the show and couldn't believe that they fell for the same stunt they did last time around. "Blank" cheques are an interesting idea though. I guess I'll have to hear everybody else's opinions before I finalize one for myself.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

thisgirl13 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-08-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thisgirl13 Click to send private message to thisgirl13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Meredith"
I'm just wondering what Meredith's check was worth? I missed seeing her check reveal.

I didn't think there were many attractive girls on this one.

I agree about Rachel. It was priceless when she got the $1.00 check.

Hopefully the next episodes are more entertaining.

tanneu7 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-08-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tanneu7 Click to send private message to tanneu7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I really liked the idea of the blank checks. I thought it was funny when the guy(can't remember his name) found out. All of the sudden he was pretty much calling the girls by there check amount and not there name. Looks like the shallowness will not just be on the girls this time around. It should be a pretty interesting season.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-08-04, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Hi, I watched the show tonight and it does look interesting. The editing has already made some of them "bad" and some of them the "good" ones. It will be fun to see how it turns out.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-04, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I thought the show was pretty funny in some instances and pretty sad in others. Some of the girls were definitely only interested in money as soon as it was announced so I was thrilled when they started showing the amounts that the girls were worth.

I thought it was hilarious the way Preston called the girls by the dollar amount and how typically the women worth $1 were the ones that seemed the most interested in the money and faking whatever they had to , to win his affections.

It's hard to know how shallow Preston is considering he probably saw the first two shows and figures that it's unlikely that many of the women are thinking Love at this point knowing they could walk away with up to a million dollars.

I expect it to get very intersting now as I'm pretty sure the next big twist is they tell the girls that Preston knows and also knows how much each persons check is worth. Then I'm guessing the check switch wont be told to Preston to fvck with his head as he's dating the girls. To an extent, you gotta figure the guys somewhat on the up and up seeing as he's already elminated two million dollar girls after having been told how much their checks were worth.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
When Mike got home last night, his wife demanded that he take her out to some place expensive.
So Mike took her to the gas station.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-08-04, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"

>
>I expect it to get very
>intersting now as I'm pretty
>sure the next big twist
>is they tell the girls
>that Preston knows and also
>knows how much each persons
>check is worth. Then I'm
>guessing the check switch wont
>be told to Preston to
>fvck with his head as
>he's dating the girls. To
>an extent, you gotta figure
>the guys somewhat on the
>up and up seeing as
>he's already elminated two million
>dollar girls after having been
>told how much their checks
>were worth.
>
It would be funny to see either Preston or one of the girls going for the money, then end up with a $1 check.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-08-04, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I thought it was somewhat predictable...except for him to dismiss two of the $1,000,000 girls. I thought he didn't really understand the premise that if he gets the girl to pick him, then he can take her or her $1,000,000, seemed like good odds to me. Also, one of the original picks also had $1,000,000. I believe there is only one left now. Leave it to the Producers to throw more million dollar checks in the pot and not tell Preston which ones get a second chance.

As for Preston, nothing new there. Got rid of the "least attractive" and oldest women first. Made sure he kept all of the blonds though.

This show should really be titled..."How much money can you win by pretending/lying to be in Love."

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-08-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I thought he didn't really understand the premise that if he gets the girl to pick him, then he can take her or her $1,000,000

Was that part of the rules again this time? I must have missed them telling him that.

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others." --Audrey Hepburn

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-10-04, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I believe he has to convince the last woman to take him over her money. If he is successful, then he gets to decide if he wants her or her money. He is best to keep all of the $1,000,000 girls to better his odds at getting a $1,000,000.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Was I the only one who kept laughing every time Rachel said she was in it for the money, and then they kept showing that she had the $1.00 check? That was priceless! I already like Preston much more then I ever liked cheesy what's-his-name from the first season. Also, as I Bachelor fan I'm already liking these girls better then I did all of Jesse's girls. As Greeneyes told me over the phone last night: "It's amazing how a million dollars can bring out a girls personality..."

A Kyngsladye Original
"Outwit, Outplay and Outwhatever" ~Big Tom

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I loved the sweet Irony of Rachel?? constantly referring to how she was in it for the money not knowing shes only worth a buck.

But then one of the other women...(I didn't even try to remember their names) said that once it was a game it was a game..and she didn't care if it was a $1 or $1,000,000, she liked to play to win.

As for Preston...he seems pretty cool..maybe NBC actually did a background check this time around.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
*waves* to BEG

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I was surprised he let Leslie go, she was a million check holder, and from going through all the photos when updating the image gallery, I personally thought the three dark haired brunettes (Ali, Leslie, and Rebekah) were, along with Andrea, Jamie, and Melayne, the six most attractive women on the show (yes, yes, sometimes updating this site can be such grueling work... )

Then again, I think he kept four of those five, so maybe I wasn't off by much... I just don't understand how badly Leslie could have come off that he decided to get rid of her and her $1,000,000 check so quickly

-SB

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-08-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
There is no way this one can end in a happily ever after. Either the girl he picks will choose the money, or he will choose the money. This will not end well, I think.

We know he is looking for the girls who will choose him over the money. But, he is also interested in the girls with the big $$$, it seems.

What I would like to see happen, is for him to pick that snarky Rachel girl,since he'll fall head over heels for her just like she wants, her pick the money, and it's only a dollar. Gee that would be hilarious.

I will say this about Preston, he is about a million times more articulate than that Rob guy was. He can string a few words together, and I even heard a few complete sentences last night.

My favorite of the girls right now is Rebbeka (sp?). But she has a million, doesn't she? I would hate to see him pick her, she pick him, and then he dumps her for her big check. And she does seem genuinely into him

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I liked the blank check twist. I also really like Preston. I'm not impressed by the girls so far. But the whole idea of them not knowing their check amount is entertaining. I'll watch it just to find out who he chooses and if it happens to be a $1 check holder.

I love it that they list their dollar amount under their name.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
This series is a hundred times better than the batchelor was.
I like how they are showing many of the girls personalities. .Preston seems cool although a littly snobby..He is a bit young..I loved how he ditched the older gal.
I like BJ who seems cool ..And that one gal who went psyhco went he dumped her..That was funny she was acting like they were boyfriend/girlfriend..

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-04 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

"And that one gal who went psyhco went he dumped her.."

LOL. Loved the camera showing everyone's looks of embarrassment after she had begged to stay. If you are going to go on one of these shows, at least go out with dignity when ya get booted.

PJ and Rebeka (sp?) are my faves so far.

An IceCat Classic

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-08-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
This show was a hoot last night. The two hours actually went by pretty quickly. I'm not sure why they have to edit a girl as a villain on every one of these shows, I am sure a natural one would turn up soon enough! Other than what you all have commented on, the other surprise to me was the cheap dates! Riding an exercise cycle in the backyard! C'mon now! Looks like the show is broke. lol

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Well, they had to spend the money on the oil portraits, the invisible ink and those groovy black lights.

La Vida es un Tango!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I like the idea of the hidden money amounts. I laugh everytime Rachel talks about the money and we know she is worth $1.

I just don't care for Preston though. He seems rather shallow and smarmy to me. And I found myself laughing at his hair. But I guess that's just me. I got the feeling that none of the gals are that into him. They prefer the money.

Sage_Books 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-09-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sage_Books Click to send private message to Sage_Books Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-04 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

What's up with Preston? Is that the best bachelor they could find?? If they are going to make a tv show about all these hot women going after a guy-- they should make him HOT too. This is a fantasy anyway-- right? Preston couldn't be more goofy. He has no flair-- no charisma, and he seems kind of awkward. I hated the "excuses" he gave to each girl when he kicked them to the curb. Some of them he told he didn't get to know too well, so he said he had to take the ring back. Others he told he didn't get to know too well, so he wanted them to stay longer. There was one girl he told how wonderful and terrific she was and then he told her to split. I think he likes the blondes-- gee what a shock. I hope he gets what he deserves.... I agree Loree -- Preston is smarmy. If you want to talk about hot -- Chad was hot. Him and Erin had real chemistry. I have no desire to see Preston making out with anyone. If it comes to that--- I'm changing the channel.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
> If you want
>to talk about hot --
>Chad was hot. Him and
>Erin had real chemistry. I
>have no desire to see
>Preston making out with anyone.

Yes! Chad was hot. This guy seems kind of goofy.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
I agree this kid reminds me a prep school kid..It seems like everytime i turned aruond he was eliminating some women..I dont see how he had a chance to get to know any of them imho..
His excuses were pretty stock...Not very heartfelt and they didnt hold much water..Cmon the one from NJ with the wierd hair and orange tan cmon and the real revealling dress...He said one word to her the whole time ..Of course he kept her around cause she is hot ..He def has a thing for blondes..

Norcalfella 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-10-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Norcalfella Click to send private message to Norcalfella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
No doubt he has a thing for blondes. I read (see links on article below) that he is bisexual? Anyone else hear that? He definitely is not what I'd consider heart throb material, but I measure him as a big upgrade on Rob Campos!

http://www.small.to/article.php?story=20040608122655638

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-12-04, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
>No doubt he has a thing
>for blondes. I read (see
>links on article below) that
>he is bisexual? Anyone else
>hear that? He definitely is
>not what I'd consider heart
>throb material, but I measure
>him as a big upgrade
>on Rob Campos!
>
>http://www.small.to/article.php?story=20040608122655638

LOL! Oh yeah, he is much better than Campos ever was.
Hopefully, if he knows what's good for him, he WON'T pick Rachel as his final girl. HAHA.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-14-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"

I don't think its fair to criticize Preston on his rejection speeches, and least not in the early rounds. We live in a white lie world, nobody wants to hear to the real truth ("Quite frankly, there's too much junk in your trunk - can I have the ring back?"). So you create some touchy feely excuse where the rejection is caused by external factors not related to the contestents looks or personality ("we didn't have enough time together").

zipit 5 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipit Click to send private message to zipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
Totally agree with you on that one... the other thing we have to realize is these shows give them a few hours with these girls and then make them make a cut... you totally have to go on your gut feeling!!!

zipit 5 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipit Click to send private message to zipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: FLOM 3 Premiere Episode Discussion"
girls check this out and tell me he's not hot

www.prestonmercer.com

ARE YOU ALL FREAKIN NUTS????? He's way hot!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •