The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-10, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
I started a new thread so that we can talk about the season without the spoilers contained in the other thread.

I am actually surprised NBC has been giving so much away in previews.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... Glow 05-10-10 1
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... samboohoo 05-10-10 2
 RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... Max Headroom 05-11-10 3
 RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... sittem 05-11-10 4
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... samboohoo 05-12-10 5
 RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... Max Headroom 05-16-10 6
 RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ... emydi 05-28-10 7
 4:6 Stay Glow 06-14-10 8
   RE: 4:6 Stay samboohoo 06-14-10 9
       RE: 4:6 Stay Glow 06-16-10 10
   RE: 4:6 Stay Max Headroom 06-22-10 13
       RE: 4:6 Stay Glow 06-23-10 14
 4:7 "In the Bag" Glow 06-21-10 11
   RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" samboohoo 06-21-10 12
       RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" Glow 06-23-10 15
   RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" Max Headroom 06-23-10 16
       RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" Glow 06-23-10 17
           RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" Max Headroom 06-23-10 18
               RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" Glow 06-23-10 19
                   RE: 4:7 "In the Bag" samboohoo 06-26-10 20
 4:8 "Toilet Bowl" Glow 06-28-10 21
   RE: 4:8 "Toilet Bowl" Max Headroom 06-29-10 22
 Anybody besides me still watching? Max Headroom 07-20-10 23
   RE: Anybody besides me still watchi... samboohoo 07-22-10 24
       RE: Anybody besides me still watchi... Max Headroom 07-22-10 25
 7/23/10: Injury List samboohoo 07-25-10 26
   RE: 7/23/10: Injury List Max Headroom 07-25-10 27
 Season 4 Finale samboohoo 08-06-10 28
   RE: Season 4 Finale Max Headroom 08-07-10 29
       RE: Season 4 Finale samboohoo 08-08-10 30
           RE: Season 4 Finale Max Headroom 08-10-10 31
               RE: Season 4 Finale samboohoo 08-10-10 32
                   RE: Season 4 Finale Max Headroom 08-12-10 33
                       RE: Season 4 Finale samboohoo 08-13-10 34
                           RE: Season 4 Finale Max Headroom 08-13-10 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-10, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
oh how I've missed you, show!

The beginning was so well done.

Grandma Saracen! She told Landry he looks like a girl throwing the ball. Ha!

Loved Julie playing with Gracie on the front lawn.
Speaking of Julie, why did she want to go that party anyway? Poor Matt. WTF happened to JD? Guess he's trying to take after his dad. Glad Matt went after him. Oh! I was so proud of Julie saying she wanted to go to East Dillon.

Tim! I've missed you the most. Will he ever get his act together? So sad that he had nothing to come home to. Talking to the girl after he slept with her mom? Very Tim. Singing girl was really annoying. Fighting with Billy was also very Tim. His "I just wanted to come home," made me cry. Is he going to coach?

I'm excited to see what happens with Buddy.

When those guys were walking out on Coach Taylor... ack. But I guess they know he won't take any crap from them. Can't believe he asked the cop if that kid had killed any animals. He gets to build this team. That is awesome to think about. I love that Landry was there to finish the "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts", with "Can't Lose". It would have been horrible to see the mantra end without anybody saying it. Coach's speech was wonderful. I like the possibilities for storylines with the new school and the new team, but man, I hope one of these new characters has a Herc or Mama Smash to introduce us to. Though I do already have a soft spot for the Lions. When Coach walked in and looked at all the blood and wounds and they all told him they could go back out and play, I was proud of them.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. This show just does everything right. All the little things that other shows don't care enough about.

Still the best show on television.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-10-10, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
Tim tossing his books out the window - so Tim. Agree about JD. He has certainly turned into his father. LOL at Tammy with the coin toss and at the coaches laughing about Coach Aikman "driving around in his cart."

There is a lot of change. Some of it I like, some I don't, but we just have to accept it.

And what about the Sears coach. I loved him.

I might think of more as well. I'm only half through - even though I've seen it before.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
Good stuff.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-11-10, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
I wish I could discuss this all without the perspective of having seen the season. It's unusual to be out front watching a show when I'm always having to rely on streaming. However, to discuss would mean I'd reveal things down the road a bit. It's going to be an interesting season. I'll just leave it there and end by wishing there were more than 13 episodes - it was over way to soon with all the changes.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

05-12-10, 09:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
I know what you mean. I have been dying since late last year waiting for the season to start on NBC.

While I love the show and love the season, this was the first opener that I really had to "adjust" to.

Dillon has always been "small town." There had never been an inkling before mid-way through Season 3 about East Dillon. And there was supposed to be money available because of the East Dillon opening, but so far it looks like no money has come East Dillon's way at all.

Where are all of these students coming from? Where were they before East Dillon because they sure weren't at original Dillon? And how long has that field house been closed? I would have thought Coach Taylor would have gone over there before August.

05-16-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
Loved the sequence about the empty-lot mailbox as the "address" for star (West) Dillon High football players. And Tammy's comments in front of the boosters cracked me up-- all those former football players with their state championship rings glaring down the table at Coach Golf Cart.

It only took two episodes for the obvious Tim Riggins-Coach Taylor connection, but even a TV plotline skeptic like me can relate to it. Let's face it, the only life successes that Riggins ever had were on the football field, so it makes sense.

The phantom call for a tow also cracked me up. Looks like Riggins is about to have more girl trouble!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-10, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC Thread: Premier May 7, 2010"
Just read that ABC Family will air reruns of FNL starting in Sept.

06-14-10, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "4:6 Stay"
I love Tim. Perhaps you all knew that already. Tim and Lyla were adorable. Minka Kelly has gotten a lot better. Though I'm assuming she's gone now? Tim breaks my heart. "What do you want?" "You." *dies* "What else do you want?" "You." *cries* Oh Timmy, you fool. She was looking for a different answer the second time. Though in his defense, he did mention his goals for Riggins Rigs... but I get the feeling that was only for her benefit. ("Look Lyla, I have a plan.") Loved the double date with Billy and Mindy. Loved Lyla riding the bull. Loved the look on Tim's face when Lyla was riding the bull. I cried at the bus station. They are so cute together, not to mention gorgeous, but I'm glad she had the strength to leave. Not sure I would... actually, I'm sure I wouldn't. Her character has grown so much. I'm going to miss her a lot. When he went and sat with Becky on the porch and she started talking soulmates, it got a little uncomfortable. I'm glad he told her to shut up. And Becky? Hello? Luke.is.adorable. I know I'd crush on Tim too but I don't think I'd be turning down Luke in the meantime. I'd take your Gummi Bears, Luke. I did like her scene with Lyla. "You're so lucky. So pretty." Can't we keep Lyla and get rid of Becky? She makes me want to scream "BACK OFF!" at my television. gah.

oh Matt. I'm going to miss him (if he is gone). Poor Julie. Poor Grandma! So adorable when he asked Julie to dance in the hotel room. I'm going to miss Matt & Jules. While he was driving away, Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" was playing. Nice. In the first season, Jason told Eric that Matt likes to draw and listen to Bob Dylan. Just mentioning Jason brought a tear to my eye.

Loved Coach Stan kicking JD and his buddies out of Sears.
Loved seeing a different side of Vince's mom. So sweet when he saw her in the stands. Nice touch, FNL, nice touch.
LOVED the Riggins boys practicing with the Lions.
Loved Landry's "I did not really see that coming."

I'm a little curious about Jess and Vince. Her dad certainly does not care for Vince.

I so love Tami and Eric.
I loved this episode (and the last one) but it needed more Buddy.

06-14-10, 03:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 4:6 Stay"
Thank goodness you're back.

I forgot about Jason telling Coach that. You are a true fan!

I too want to scream at and also smack Becky.

06-16-10, 12:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: 4:6 Stay"
Maybe I'll go back and comment on the other episodes as well. I'd have to rewatch them, of course. What a hardship, eh?

As much as I love Timmy, and that's a whole heck of a lot, I don't think Jason's said much that I don't remember. I'm probably reminded of something he has said more than anybody else on this show. Coach went to see Jason in the hospital. Eric told him Matt's throwing like a girl and Jason goes on to tell him that Matt is a creative kid who likes to draw and listen to Bob Dylan. He tells Coach that Matt is a good kid and will make things happen. That's when Coach looks at him adoringly and says, "You're a good man. You're a good man." OMG. And that's the episode when Coach says to Matt, "let me ask you something. When you threw that winning pass, were your eyes closed?" And Matt goes, "No sir. My eyes were open. My eyes were wide open." So that means it was Episode 1:2 "Eyes Wide Open".

I adore this show.

If she's going to be around, I hope she does something that makes her more likeable. And by "does something" I mean something that doesn't involve any part of Timmy's body.

06-22-10, 01:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 4:6 Stay"
Guess I'm in the minority, but I like Becky. Some of those uncomfortable moments she has? Are exactly what happens with kids around that age. The scene with Riggins at the end of the episode rang true with me-- Becky's comments were spot-on, and also the last thing Riggins wanted to hear at that moment.

The sequence with Vince and Luke watching game tape at Sears was priceless. It was a great contrast with the facilities at Dillon High, and the scene with Coach Stan was icing on the cake. Cracked me up.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Jess' dad. The guy doesn't seem to like anyone or anything. Hopefully there will be some sort of reveal later in the season, to prove that he isn't a total grump.

I'd comment about episode 4:7, except that I haven't watched it yet. Just like the last Lost season, I seem to always be one episode behind.

06-23-10, 10:15 AM (EST)
14. "RE: 4:6 Stay"
I agree that the Becky character is very realistic. Doesn't make me like her.

06-21-10, 11:01 AM (EST)
11. "4:7 "In the Bag""
After the last two episodes, this one was certainly a disappointment.

Totally OOC for Matt to not call Julie. The actress (her name escapes me) who plays Shelby really nailed that little scene. I love that she was able to figure out that Matt hasn’t called her. We all probably remember teenage heartbreak well. How it feels like somebody is trying to dig out your heart with their bare hands through your belly button. But this all feels too contrived. Loved the Tami and Julie scene after the (ridiculously OTT but well-acted) breakdown at the academic smackdown. “good things will start happening to you”

I’m very afraid for Billy and his money trouble and Mindy with the bed rest. *nervous*

Kit Kat! “I love that damn cow.”

I feel sorry for Becky but I can’t bring myself to like her. She’s exasperating. Timmy dancing with her, telling her about her dad, getting the dog back. I’m sure he means well but unless he wants this girl to keep throwing herself at him, he needs to just stop being so damn thoughtful. Tim and Skeeter saved this episode for me. I want Tim in Dillon but I need some explanation as to why he’s in Dillon. He pursued Lyla. He got Lyla. He loved Lyla. Lyla loved him. They sizzled. She’s in Nashville. He’s in Dillon. Why? I mean, I know “Texas forever.” But all they ever show is him struggling and miserable (and being chased around by annoying little girls). Now we’re steering right towards chop shop with Billy. I love Tim but I want to know what’s keeping him in Dillon. I need to know why he’s afraid to be anything. I can analyze it all by myself for days but I’d like to see and/or hear about it on screen so I don’t have to. Is he staying there out of obligation to Billy? I want to know that he's staying there because he knows he will be happy there. I don't want him to stay there because he's afraid to be anywhere else. Is he thinking about buying the land that Skeeter peed on? How would he pay for it? (Scrounging for change at the drive-thru) What would he do with it? It did create a very pretty picture though.

And speaking of Becky’s dad? More contrived story. Why would he talk loudly about the baby right outside Tim’s door? Why would Tim confront him about it? And why would he feel the need to explain himself to Tim? “You know what else is funny? I slept with your wife.” Oh I do love you, Timmy. I don’t care if Becky’s dad has another family. I really don’t. Am I supposed to?

Tinker was so sweet to help with the Cafferty fence. Not sure what to make of Luke’s accident.

Tami and the faculty karaoke felt like forced filler.

More Tinker and Luke. Less Glenn and Becky.

Funny that Tami mentions checking Landry’s locker since, you know, Landry killed a guy.

Our dear Eric is on my nerves bigtime. He couldn’t care less about Luke and falls all over himself over Vince. I didn’t understand it and it makes me care less about Vince than I already did (and didn’t care much about him to begin with).

I’m finding that I don’t miss Tyra. I was happy Landry decided to let her go.
Landry: “I play guitar and I might write you a song someday and then you would be the girl in the s-… I don’t know.”

There's probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

06-21-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
Funny, I've seen the season, but I'm behind

Tim/Lyla: Trying to hash this out with you. I think he obviously wants her more than anything but they cannot be together - at least not right now. I think he battles with himself over what she deserves and whether or not he can ultimately be that person. She can't be there with him now because that would ruin who she is supposed to be. He certainly can't go to her because that would ruin them both - mainly him. I think there are some people who really can't leave Dillon. He's one.

As for the land. I think, at this point in the story, he's buying it to build a house for himself - possibly Lyla one day.

06-23-10, 10:28 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
I agree with everything you said (meaning I also think all of those things) but this is just us fanwanking. I want to know. Hell, I still want to know what happened to Waverly.

06-23-10, 01:12 PM (EST)
16. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
Agree with Glow, this was a disappointing episode when stacked up against the previous one. Too many weak plotlines-- Becky's dad's conversations about the kid in Seattle, Glenn kissing Tami after the karaoke party, Vince and the gun (Vince storylines are taking up too much of the show, IMHO), Riggins going to the pound to reclaim "Skeeter", etc. How the heck is Riggins going to keep a dog in a rented trailer?

I liked Landry working up the courage to ask Jess out again. And I liked that she accepted.

I think the plotline with Billy and the "business proposition" could be interesting. (My first thought was a meth lab, but the chop shop theory is more likely.) The guy's short on money and worried about his pregnant wife, a perfect setup for making a poor decision, and we've seen other examples of poor decisions from Bily already.

I still like Becky, but I wish she'd stop mooning over Riggins. Luke's a good guy and he didn't deserve what she gave him, whether she likes him or not.

06-23-10, 01:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
Wouldn't it be funny if Coach dumps the gun where Landry dumped the body?

Glenn and the mouthrape was unnecessary filler. So after a year, Tami earns the school a blue ribbon? Wouldn't that be for the previous year? Very weak plotline.

And come on Max, Timmy isn't going to keep Skeeter in the camper, he's going to keep him on his 25 acres.

It will be nice to see Landry back to being a real boy and not Tyra's slave boy. I miss her way less than I thought I would.

*scared of Billy's decision-making*

Becky needs to BACK OFF. It's tough to watch him with women my age (ish). I don't want to have to figure out a way to watch him with an immature girl. And not watching him is, of course, not an option.

06-23-10, 03:35 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
I miss her way less than I thought I would.

I don't miss Tyra's character, but I miss watching Adrianne Palicki. She's the female equivalent of Taylor Kitsch in my book (and much cuter than Minka Kelly).

06-23-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-10 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

She's alright, I guess.

But I wouldn't sell Minka short either. She's gorgeous.

06-26-10, 09:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: 4:7 "In the Bag""
Hmmm, I think I'd switch for her.

I don't like the way the Tyra/Landry story ended, although it's totally believeable and realistic. I still don't like it. I hate Landry and Jess. It's so forced to me, but this whole East Dillon story is forced to me.

I agree with Max about way too much focus on Vince, but I get why they have to do it.

06-28-10, 10:58 AM (EST)
21. "4:8 "Toilet Bowl""
Yay Buddy!

This Tim and Becky thing is gross. I don’t know. If it were me, I’d go for a cute guy who didn’t have relations with my mother. Like maybe Luke perhaps? ::rolls eyes:: Oh Timmy. They’re really breaking him down (again). So many stupid decisions. Chop shop, Becky, pointing Luke to drugs (though that's a football thing, I guess). Poor Mindy (she looked so pretty this episode), thinking Billy is cheating on her. I love all things Riggins though so I’ll take whatever stupidity they throw at me. I’d like them to have a spin-off show.

The Lions win was very believable. They’re not going from nothing to champions. They beat another horrible team in the “toilet bowl”. Cute seeing Calvin cheering them on.

I’m starting to care about Vince. I worry about him and his relationship with his mother. You can see it on his face that he is not comfortable. He’s waiting for the next relapse. The actor is really selling the character. I'm still curious about Jess and Vince.

Poor Landry. “At least I got a toy.” I hope he finds a girl that’s really interested in him some day.

I love Taylor family moments. “Gracie doesn’t have any pants.” And then the hand puppet with the “they’re not in the bottom drawer.” Those moments are still the best thing about this show.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

06-29-10, 07:52 AM (EST)
22. "RE: 4:8 "Toilet Bowl""
My only comment about this episode is: Enough of the Becky/Riggins romance. It's dragging the whole show down.

07-20-10, 03:21 PM (EST)
23. "Anybody besides me still watching?"
Last night I watched "The Lights in Carroll Park", making me only one episode behind. I hope to be caught up before the next episode airs this Friday.

Was I the only one who let out a great sigh of relief when Riggins wasn't the father of Becky's baby? I found the whole Becky-Riggins "thing" to reek strongly of cradle-robbing, and Luke being the father is a more realistic plotline. FNL has never been afraid to dive into controversial topics, and teen pregnancy is at the top of that list. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

*no spoilers please*

I wonder what's happening at Billy's Chop Shop?

I liked the plotline of Vince having trouble finding a job due to his criminal record, and him reaching out to Coach Taylor for help. Working at Ray's Bar B Q was a logical starting point, plus it gave us a little extra drama with the Landry-Jess romance happening in front of Vince. And I loved the sequence before the park football game, where Landry brought up his interest in Jess in his stumbling but oddly effective manner.

Final thought: This show sure has progressed away from being football-centric.

07-22-10, 09:49 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Anybody besides me still watching?"
Yes, but I must admit I am very far behind on rewatching to keep up with the NBC schedule.

I remember first seeing the preview of Becky telling Tim she was pregnant, and I was so upset because it didn't make sense to me, and I thought it was absurd. I then remembered her night with Luke and deduced that he would be the father.

I still don't like Jess and Landry because it's so forced, but I agree with you about that scene.

07-22-10, 11:45 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Anybody besides me still watching?"
I'm now caught up (well, at least until this Friday's episode).

07-25-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
26. "7/23/10: Injury List"
AKA: Casualty List

Probably my favorite episode of the season so far - so much drama. Where to start, where to start.

I'll start with the good: Buddy. Buddy is always the good, and I loved him in this episode. "Do you notice anything different about me?" Buddy takes off his Panther ring. Big step for Buddy. I love him on the radio show and his hounding of Eric about the Panther game coming up. It's funny to see Eric having to deal with Buddy almost like a child and then sharing a beer with him late into the night, not ready to go home.

Landry & Jess: "I didn't see you coming." It was good to see Landry's parents, and they acted exactly how you would expect these two people to act in this situation - uncomfortable. From his dad's "Your mama must have been a busy woman" to his mom's question about how Jess likes Obama.

I am equally as uncomfortable as Landry's parents, yet it's not about race for me. Even though the ending of Landry & Tyra's relationship was as I would have expected it to be, I wish we would have had a little more closure from it. Surely Tyra would have been back to Dillon at some point - most specificially the arrival of the baby. I just feel cheated somewhat from it. I don't think Landry and Tyra had staying power, and I don't think he and Jess did either.

Speaking of Jess. What a powerful episode for her - from her visit to Vince's mom in the hospital to dinner with the Clarkes, to the scene in the car with Landry, then to the look she and Vince share before the game and then coming home and finding him on her curb. The whole episode and chain of events led to such a powerful reaction to learning of Vince's friend's death (can't think of his name at the moment). Jess and Vince share such a connection. I think that is the biggest reason I don't like Jess and Landry - because Jess and Vince is so much more powerful and real. There is chemistry there. There is no chemistry with Landry.

The Becky Situation:

My, has then been building and brewing. How many of you (well, the four of you ) just screamed at Tim during the whole episode? The celebration dinner - the beginning of the ultimate end here. Becky's mom. You knew when she had that margarita where this was going. And he did everything right up until he goes into that house with Becky. My god, why did he do that? Why didn't he insist on her putting on some clothes adn watching TV in the living room? That whole scene completely killed me. There is a part of me wondering if Tim is having any romantic feelings at all for "Becks."

Poor Tami. I wish she could have just reached over and slapped that lady at the school board meeting. And, just as Landry's parents acted they way I would expect them to, so did Luke's mom. What a performance from her as well.

Luke and his injury, hiding it from coach. What a reaction from Eric. LOL at them calling the same play and the players running a different play. "He mixed up left and right? We didn't cover that in practice, guess we'll need to." Or something along those lines.

Finally Julie. Part of me did laugh at her because I keep thinking back to what Julie did to Matt with the Sweed. Another scene full of the raw emotion that comes from Matt finally calling and Julie finally letting him have it.

What a great episode.

07-25-10, 06:31 PM (EST)
27. "RE: 7/23/10: Injury List"
From the previews, there's lot of bad news brewing... Looks like Vince is about to make what Eminem refers to as a "life altering decision".

Buddy "El Fuego" Garrity always makes an episode better. While I'm not sure I buy into him taking his Panther championship ring off, it's good to see him supporting his friend Eric Taylor.

I had a different take on Eric Taylor trying to coax Buddy into one more beer at the bar. His "I'm not ready to go home" comment, followed by the shot of Tami sitting by herself on the front porch after the reporter phone call, hints at trouble in the Taylor household. I'm not sure if that's the direction the plot will go, but I got that vibe from the sequence.

I was glad to see that they didn't drag out the "Tami told that girl to get an abortion" plotline. Everything was on the up-and-up, and I wasn't looking forward to watching Tami get in trouble after doing the right thing. C'mon, Becky's mom drove her to the clinic, a textbook case of parental consent if there ever was one.

Good episode, though a bit of a downer.

08-06-10, 09:08 PM (EST)
28. "Season 4 Finale"
Best episode ever. I'll wait for Glow for quotes.

08-07-10, 08:28 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
Don't wait for me-- I'm two episodes behind again.

08-08-10, 07:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
I reversed them to catch up. Hurry up!!!

08-10-10, 02:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
Only one episode behind now. Hang in there.

08-10-10, 02:34 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
LOL. Hurry up Max.

08-12-10, 02:34 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
I'm caught up now. And I was underwhelmed by the season finale. While it was an interesting episode, there were far too many unrealistic plot lines for me.

- A school district would allow a principal dismissed for her actions regarding pregnancy counseling to head the counseling department of a different school in the same district? *buzzer sound*

- Tim Riggins being able to take the entire fall for the chop shop so Billy gets off completely? *buzzer sound*

- East Dillon High, a school in its first year with a football program, beating last year's state champion Dillon High? *buzzer sound*

- Landry kicking a 46-yard field goal to win it after a horrible miss on an extra point earlier in the game? *buzzer sound*

On the other hand, I thought the plotlines with Matt's return to Dillon were very well done, as were the developments with Jess and Vince. Landry's after-the-fact comments to Vince were spot-on too.

Having watched the entire season now, I agree with the USA Today TV critic who summarized the season by saying that it was compelling TV, but not as good as it used to be due to the smaller budget and reduced cast. I'm looking forward to next season (the final season), but my expectations are lower than they were at the start of this season.

08-13-10, 01:18 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
*gasp* You slay me.

- A school district would allow a principal dismissed for her actions regarding pregnancy counseling to head the counseling department of a different school in the same district? *buzzer sound*

Technically she hasn't been dismissed yet. I can kind of see this happening in an effort to make it all go away, but the funny thing is that she will be at East Dillon with Luke and Becky.

- Tim Riggins being able to take the entire fall for the chop shop so Billy gets off completely? *buzzer sound*

At the time the police arrived at the shop, Tim was there alone, and he was always alone at the dump. I don't think, until now, either ever admitted anything. I wonder if Tim and Billy ever really admitted anything to their attorney. I have read some very interesting books lately where the defense attorney did not want to know if the client was guilty or innocent. His job was to to use what the client was actually charged with and the evidence (maybe Emydi could chime in). It certainly answers my questions of how defense attorneys can live with themselves having represented such scum.

Sorry, got carried away. I think it's somewhat believeable, and it made for such a tearjerker.

- East Dillon High, a school in its first year with a football program, beating last year's state champion Dillon High? *buzzer sound*

I didn't think the Rams could beat the Redskins two years ago, and they did. Again, totally believeable. Panters were too cocky, too full of themselves, Lions had momentum. We saw JD melt down in last year's Championship game. Also, I think this had to happen because I think next Season the Lions win it all. That has to be the ending, right?

- Landry kicking a 46-yard field goal to win it after a horrible miss on an extra point earlier in the game? *buzzer sound*

Nerves. I mean he was the football hero way back in Season 2.

On the other hand, I thought the plotlines with Matt's return to Dillon were very well done, as were the developments with Jess and Vince. Landry's after-the-fact comments to Vince were spot-on too.

Agree. I loved Matt's and Landry's exchange about the 73-yarder, and Grandma in Chicago.

They've already wrapped up Season 5. I can't wait until October!

08-13-10, 01:25 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Season 4 Finale"
"Willing suspension of disbelief", indeed.

See you again next year when the NBC rebroadcasts air!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •