The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
The media is forgetting something.

They hyped the end of Friends as if no sitcom had come before it and none could ever come after it. But tonight, Fraiser airs its final episode -- and there's no final viewing parties. No heroic excess of hype. In fact, there hasn't been a whisper all week.

Well, I, for one, want to say a proper goodbye to the Cranes and their extended family. I want to remember the last network TV home of farce, classic definition. And most particularly, I want to see Niles with his pants on fire one last time.

Fraiser moments, folks: let's hear a few. This was one of the great comedy ensembles of all time. Don't let them go quietly.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... Draco Malfoy 05-13-04 1
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... KScott 05-13-04 2
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... wildchickenhunter 05-13-04 3
 Favorite moments Rebel Crown 05-14-04 4
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... AugustGirl 05-14-04 5
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... wildchickenhunter 05-14-04 6
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... Bebo 05-14-04 7
   RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... trigirl 05-18-04 11
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... samboohoo 05-14-04 8
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... trshtvjnky 05-17-04 9
 RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love ... Breezy 05-17-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
1. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Think about it. Frasier Crane has been a part of our lives for 20 years. There are very few characters in TV who have been that enduring and popular.

I'm lvoeing that it's on DVD now. We've already got the first 2 seasons, and Season 3 comes out May 25.

There are SOOO many great moments in this show, it's impossible to narrow it down.

Thanks for listening, doc!

"Don't be stupid, Stupid!"

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
2. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Frasier was one of a kind, I really enjoyed the show. They did have a Dateline special with Katie on Tuesday evening. It was pretty good, I liked it better than the one Friend's had.

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
3. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Draco is right.....20 years.

Haven't watched it as closely the last few years. Watched the first 7 or 8 without fail, but have only been seeing 10 per so episodes the last few years.

It has been a great show. I will miss it.

As I think of my favorite moments I will post them.

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 01:09 AM (EST)
4. "Favorite moments"
<<And most particularly, I want to see Niles with his pants on fire one last time.>>

This is my #1 funniest moment on "Frasier". Just the looks on his face throughout the scene were funny enough. But the slapstick, combined with no dialogue, made for an exceptionally funny moment.

Other favorite moments, including the fire, in no particular order:

1. Niles setting Frasier's couch on fire.
2. Niles fencing the instructor over Maris.
3. Lilith and Niles sleeping together.
4. The sleeping arrangement mix-up at the cabin.
5. Frasier and Frederick bonding while camping.

"Frasier" has been one of my favorites since it began, and I've stuck with it even though it got a bit drawn out towards the end. It was a good show, but it's time for it to move on.

The finale made me feel good about it leaving the air, however. It really didn't feel like an ending, like the "Friends" finale did. Made me smile when I heard the word "Chicago". (And I'm from Detroit - hearing "Chicago" usually does not sit well with this sports fan )

A big "Thank you" to everyone involved with "Fraiser". And a special thanks to David Angell, who worked on both "Cheers" and "Fraiser", and was one of the victims of 9/11.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 07:20 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
I agree with everyone! And I especially agree that the Valentine's day episode where Niles not only set his pants on fire, but Frasier's couch too, is a classic. It is my all time favorite Frasier moment. David Hyde Pierce is seriously underrated as a comedic actor. However many awards he has recieved is too few.

I also love the episode where Niles and Frasier check themselves into a hotel room to write a book together and end up in fisticuffs. I'm smiling just remembering it.

Thank you Frasier and company. You will be missed.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 07:43 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
O.K., the finaly wasn't bad as these things go.....Very Frasier like.Particularly the last scene where you think he is on a plane to San Fran and he is really in Chicago....

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
It's been awhile since I watched this show regularly. When it first started out, I knew I was going to love it because of the perfect casting of David Hyde-Pierce as Frasier's brother. I had seen him play a suicidal congressman on a short-lived series called "The Powers That Be" and thought he was fabulous.

The finale was satisfying. I liked the premise used for the clip show and loved seeing the fencing match one more time. As for the show itself, I liked Frasier's comments about wanting a new chapter like the others had. Nice touch naming the baby David (a loving gesture to David Angell?). And I too was quite pleased when Frasier was flying to Chicago instead of SF.

And we even had a great line to remind us of how wonderful the show's writing was at times during its run, when Bebe said compared a good-looking straight man in SF to a Snickers bar at fat camp.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
11. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Nice touch naming the baby David (a loving gesture to David Angell?)

I hadn't made that connection. A great ending to a great show.

HEY NBC, how about a show with the Moon brothers!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
My very favorite is the episode where Frazier and Martin are not getting along and Frazier and Niles accidentally throw his chair over the balcony and Frazier gets a new one made.

Samboohoo

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
9. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
Oh I just loved Frasier!

My favorite episode of all time is when Frasier is dating a girl whose mother thinks he is Jewish, they stop by on their way out of town, all the while a Daphne is directing a Christmas show (where Niles had to step in at the last minute as Jesus).

Anyway, as high jinks ensue, the mother ends up opening the bathroom door to see Niles (Jesus) standing by the delivered Christmas tree they were trying to hide from her!

I get the giggles just thinking about it!!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: 'Good night, Seattle: we love you!' Doctor Crane is off the air."
My favorite episode was the one in the motor home/camper.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •