The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"There Goes Grissom"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"There Goes Grissom"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-04 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

Sorry, CSI fans, but according to my elevator (long story, don't ask), the actor playing Grissom wants out the minute his contract is up. I think it would be amusing to have them bump the character off, then have it turn out to be a machiavellian suicide after his team of mournful trainees is left baffled.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: There Goes Grissom kelli_blue 02-18-04 1
   RE: There Goes Grissom SurvivorBlows 03-01-04 10
 RE: There Goes Grissom deweydrop 02-19-04 2
   RE: There Goes Grissom ginger 02-19-04 3
       RE: There Goes Grissom Devious Weasel 02-19-04 4
           RE: There Goes Grissom ginger 02-23-04 5
               RE: There Goes Grissom Devious Weasel 02-23-04 6
                   RE: There Goes Grissom Tilwee 02-29-04 7
                       RE: There Goes Grissom Swami 03-01-04 8
                           RE: There Goes Grissom Tilwee 03-01-04 9
                           RE: There Goes Grissom JRome 03-02-04 11
                               RE: There Goes Grissom Swami 03-03-04 12
 RE: There Goes Grissom raidersfantom 03-12-04 13
   RE: There Goes Grissom Tilwee 03-12-04 14
       RE: There Goes Grissom mrc 03-30-04 15
 I don't get it. true 03-30-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-18-04, 10:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
I think the guy who plays Grissom is a jerk & thinks he's better than he really is...I wonder if he'll pull a David Caruso, leaving the show that really made him famous & then having to beg for roles for years to come.
I hope CSI does get rid of him when his contract is up and then continues to thrive.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
>I think the guy who plays Grissom is a jerk &
>thinks he's better than he really is...I wonder if he'll
>pull a David Caruso, leaving the show that really made
>him famous & then having to beg for roles for
>years to come.

>I hope CSI does get rid of him when his contract
>is up and then continues to thrive.

William Peterson's been complaining about the spinoff shows since CSI: Miami was first announced.

The story I read a couple of weeks back was from some reporter that had lunch with him the day the Rob Lowe leabing the West Wing news broke and talked about Peterson explaining how he could understand Lowe's decision to leave.

I don't think he's worried about other roles, he really hasn't seemed happy for quite some time... for whatever reason

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-19-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
2. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
NOOOOO!! I love Grissom! Love his character! Doesn't have the freaky mannerisms of David Caruso in Miami (hello - let's end practically every episode with Horatio putting on his sunglasses and looking off into the distance. WTF?

I've always like the original (Las Vegas) CSI over Miami...and once NYC comes out (so I heard) god knows what I'll like best.

02-19-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
3. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
I think his timing's good. The show has jumped the (dead, eviscerated) shark.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
4. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
Something happened to Data?

02-23-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
5. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
Nah-some sharks simply CANNOT be jumped.

CSI has lost its sparkle, though.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
What does Rasberry think about that?

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-29-04, 01:42 AM (EST)
7. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
I wonder if it is true or just a rumor? I like the show and have a closet crush on Grissom.
But this season has left be a little disapointed. The clothes got changed but Katherine always seems to forget to wear her CSIjacket, and seems like she would need it because her tops are always cut too low.
And it isn't playing well as far as the TEAM goes. Some episodes I will see Sara for 5 minutes and that's it. And it happens with all of them but Katherine.
On the last show wasn't grissom doing evals on his people and giving katherine a green light for advancement if it came up??
If Grissom goes and Katherine gets promoted into his spot, I am out of there.
Now if they bring someone else in that's good and refocus on bringing the team back into play every week, maybe there's a shot it will still go on..
Whatever they do, I wish they would turn on the lights !!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
I would like to second everything Tilwee has said. Sharks are circling this show, waiting to be jumped.

The King is dead. The Crown is tarnished. (Well, it's blurred anyway...)

03-01-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
9. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
Thank you Swami,
It is always nice to be backed !!

JRome 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
You mean you think its going under?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
12. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
Not going under--it's way too popular for that. But it has lost/is close to losing its focus, its vision, its unique POV & style. Mostly, the plots just aren't as tight & smart as they used to be. Plus you can see the "acting" too clearly as (some of the) characters trot out stock expressions and reactions on cue.

The King is dead. The Crown is tarnished. (Well, it's blurred anyway...)

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
I'd quit too if tehy kept spinning one of the smartest shows on tv into the drek that is CSI:Miami. In CSI:Vegas the characters are fallible, don't always get along and not every case is solvable.

CSI:Miami is the David Caruso ego show, with these idiot-savants that always seem to know something about whatever case they're on. I think it's mainly a protest by Petersen to get some good writers on CSI:New York. They'll throw a bucket load of cash at him, he'll stay and CSI:New York will replace Miami. If that happens I will truly believe there is a God.

03-12-04, 05:50 PM (EST)
14. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
Did you notice in last night show how Katherine was the lead investigator and Grissom got maybe 5 minutes face time???
Set up for Katherine to take over Grissom job?
And what as she wearing, even my husband said look at what's she wearing, she looks like she is ready to hit a night spot. Meanwhile Sara is dressed appropriately.
Gregg's hair is too long. I like it spikey but it needs a trim, he's starting to look scuffy. But I like his humor. I am glad that they have in the story lines more than they used to, but lately that is the only thing that I like.

By the way, when does CSI Vegas come on. I have been missing that one? What do you think of it??

Also, does anybody out there think Katherine has sex appeal? Or is pretty? My husband said No and usually he is honest with me, as I don't get all jiggyed up if he think another woman is beautiful or sexy.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: There Goes Grissom"
CSI Vegas is the original CSI. Not to be confused with CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, CSI: Piney Hills, CSI: Hot Coffee, Mississippi, OR CSI: San Bernadino. )

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
16. "I don't get it."
I saw CSI for the first time last week. I believe it was on Wed night. First off, I have to say, that it had to be one of the worst, most creepy TV shows I have ever seen.

Pruned up dead bodies! Cutting off fingers and soaking the tips? EWWW. I so don't need to see that on my screen. Who enjoys that sick crapola?

The episode also included graphic flashbacks to horrific rapes/murders, a kid finding a gun (oh joy) and a stupid plot involving a gun travelling by a bunch of balloons. Puhleeze!

Then at the end, one of the victims ends up in a pool of her own blood in her driveway. Who killed her? Is it a two parter? Did they not catch the guy? Sickening and confusing.

I abhor shows that use shocking images for no other reason than to push the limits of what is necessary to the plot. Kinda like the shows that have to show projectile vomit, when a few well placed sound effects gets the idea across.

I won't watch this crapola again. *shudder*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •