The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on AI 3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

leannerenee 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on AI 3?"
OK. Is it just me or is there something worng w/ this season? I mean, Tuesday was an insult to Elton John's name! And these contestants are supposed to be the best out of all the hundreds of thousands who auditioned???

As of right now, I think poeple are no longer voting for who does the best, they are just voting for thier favorites. It is a popularity contest is all!

I really like John Stevens and JPL, but do I think they would make good Idols? No. Do I think they do the best each week? No. Do I vote for them? Well, sometimes I will call in a vote or 2 after I have done numerous votes for who I believed was the best performer.

I would also like to see the age range of most of the voters. No ofense to anyone, but I was teeny-bopper once too and I know that I would have voted for a fav no matter how much he sucked. And after CLay losing last year, I bet this is what a lot of young girls are doing so it doesn't happen again. Only this time, JPL and Johhny boy don't have the best voices.

I am to the point now where I don't care if I miss a show. And I used to really like AI! Sorry this was soo long, but I would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? managerr 04-08-04 1
   RE: Thoughts on AI 3? Critter 04-12-04 2
       RE: Thoughts on AI 3? shedevil 04-12-04 3
           RE: Thoughts on AI 3? theincrediblehugey 04-12-04 4
               RE: Thoughts on AI 3? zombiebaby 04-12-04 5
                   RE: Thoughts on AI 3? okaychatt 04-13-04 6
           RE: Thoughts on AI 3? Critter 04-14-04 7
               RE: Thoughts on AI 3? shedevil 04-14-04 8
                   RE: Thoughts on AI 3? Critter 04-18-04 9
                       RE: Thoughts on AI 3? shedevil 04-18-04 11
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? okaychatt 04-18-04 10
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? bighair 04-18-04 12
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? HECObug 04-18-04 13
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? callalilly3000 04-18-04 14
   RE: Thoughts on AI 3? HECObug 04-18-04 15
 RE: Thoughts on AI 3? Skeery Klown 04-18-04 16
   RE: Thoughts on AI 3? HECObug 04-18-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-08-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I don't think it was an insult to Elton. If anything, this just shows how great he is--his songs cover a wide range of vocal ability and not everyone can pull it off. Like he said, as a songwriter, it's an honor when someone tries to sing your song.

You'd never know it by the message boards, but based on ratings AI, is as strong, if not stronger than previous years. I'm guessing the Age Range is the same as the demographics of the show: 18-49. AI is definitely a popularity contest. Nothing wrong with that. The show is American Idol, not America's Best Singer.

There is a lot of time to get rid of Jon Stevens and JPL.

Critter 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
They should never have gotten these kids to do Elton tracks. They were pathetic as you need to be a seasoned campaigner to sing his songs well. Fantasia, George, Jenn and Latoya were fine, the others were embarrassing. This show was joke.

JPL and the Cheapo Crooner have survived on the votes of a sympathetic public. See what happens when you put the vote in the hands of the populace.....we vote to make a point and air a grievance about the assembly line of rappers and cheap r&b artists that infect our airwaves. These two boys will make the easiest MILLION if they win and it aint got a darn thing to do with talent.

Can anyone tell me how to score the sympathy of Americans so that I too can sing badly and still make money?

Oh yeah.....silly me...AMERICAN IDOL 4 is coming soon.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
Nice try Critter but not everyone has the same taste as you, that's what makes us all different. JPL sings great, and it has nothing to do with how he looks. Just because you don't like him, it doesn't mean he isn't talented.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
Yeah. What shedevil said.

JPL Fan

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
Hugey did you know that some people don't want Camille to go?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I'm not enjoying this season as much as last year's. However, AI was new for me then. Perhaps it's adding up to "same old, same old" for some of us?

I do remember my jaw dropping when the weaker performers and the yodeler (Carmen) sang last year. Most were off key and trying too hard. Some I just wanted to slam dunk into permanent oblivion. I did get a kick out of watching Clay get better and better, as did Ruben.

I think Jennifer is doing that for me this year. She's not my favorite, but it's fun watching her gain confidence and performing skills. She still has style issues, though.

04-14-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
No way Shedevil....i said nothing about his looks. Sir Elton aint a looker but a master at what he does.

JPL is going to be a good karaoke singer as there isn't much to his voice at all. I think it's just a 'lets have something different' vote this year.

Surely you heard his rendition of ' al little less conversation' and Rocket man.....darn it.....it was mediocre at best.

04-14-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
To: critter
>No way Shedevil....i said nothing about
>his looks. Sir Elton aint
>a looker but a master
>at what he does. >
>JPL is going to be a
>good karaoke singer as there
>isn't much to his voice
>at all. I think it's
>just a 'lets have something
>different' vote this year.
>>Surely you heard his rendition of
>' al little less conversation'
>and Rocket man.....darn it.....it was
>mediocre at best.

Okay if you weren't talking about looks then what were you talking about when you said this:

"These two boys will make the easiest MILLION if they win and it aint got a darn thing to do with talent."

You said it had nothing to do with talent, then what was it you were refering to? I heard everything that he has done since the show started and I liked it. I love his voice. I can respect that you don't like it, but that doesn't mean nobody else can like it. I don't think that Madonna can sing, but other people think she can, it doesn't make me right and others wrong.

04-18-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
Shedevil

I said those things indeed, it's all about the under dog winning. I firmly believe that voters know these boys aren't the best singers and this is a good enough reason to vote for them.

"They try hard so Ill vote for them." Thats the mentality.

04-18-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
>Shedevil
>
>I said those things indeed, it's
>all about the under dog
>winning. I firmly believe that
>voters know these boys aren't
>the best singers and this
>is a good enough reason
>to vote for them.
>
>"They try hard so Ill vote
>for them." Thats the mentality.
>

I can see what you're saying but as a voter, I can tell you that any vote I have made has been based on talent and talent alone, and I like JPL's voice. That is the first thing I noticed about him when he auditioned.I never vote for the underdog, I don't sympathize for the underdog, if I did I would've liked and voted for Leah, Camille, and John Stevens. I doubt I'm the only JPL fan with this mentality. I'm sure there are tons of people who vote for any one of the finalists that are doing it based on sympathy, looks, or any other reason except talent but nobody can get in the minds of all the voters and say what the majority's reasons are.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I like to vote based on who improves each week. Last year it was Clay. This year, it's Jennifer. I don't know that she'll win, but I like to encourage her.

George is my favorite, just because he's different. However, I think the finals will be between Fantasia, who also seems to be hitting her stride, and La Toya, who entered the competition a pro.

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-18-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I vote based on who entertained me that week. So far this season, that has been JLP, Amy, and George. (Although Jennifer is starting to grow on me.) I don't look at AI as a multi-week infomercial to determine my next CD purchase - I want to be entertained, and I vote to keep those who do that on for another week.

HECObug 137 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
All I have to say is that I want John Stevens to go and I hate Fantasia!!!

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-18-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I wasn't too jazzed about this new season at first either. But now the contestents have grown on me. I must say that when I vote, I vote for the person who gave the best performance that week. So far I have only voted once in the finals, and that was this past Wed.. I voted for Fantasia.

Last season I voted every single week for Clay, about 50 times each week. Because I truly felt he deserved to win. I thought every performance was great, and therefore he deserved my votes.

I don't know who I want to win this season, I guess it is between three people.

Fantasia, Jennifer, Laytoya- for that matter, I like George as well. So, I guess it is between four people. Good Luck to all!!

Calla

04-18-04, 03:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
CLAY IS THE BEST!!
In this season I think it will be down to Latoya, Jennifer and Fantasia..(eventhough I really don't like her!!)

Skeery Klown 24 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
i think this season is incredible........ a few loosers but the top talent is better
no one has been as polished of a stage performer as Latoya
no one has had Georges energy
no one has had the soul of Jennifer
and theres never been a star like Fantasia

nuff said

04-18-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Thoughts on AI 3?"
I was with ya until you got to Fantasia..... I hate her voice!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •