The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Voting Procedures"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Voting Procedures"
It's obvious America is stupid.....

how can they change this?

1000 music pro's similar...kinda Heisman style?

only music Execs?

just me?

just shakestheclown? can ya imagine?

HOW>>>> HOW>>>> HOW >>>>>>>>?????

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Voting Procedures I_AM_HE 03-31-04 1
   RE: New Voting Procedures brvnkrz 03-31-04 7
       RE: New Voting Procedures I_AM_HE 03-31-04 8
 RE: New Voting Procedures ulalame 03-31-04 2
   RE: New Voting Procedures FSUGUY 03-31-04 3
       RE: New Voting Procedures vzw1999 03-31-04 4
       RE: New Voting Procedures managerr 03-31-04 5
 RE: New Voting Procedures ejm92 03-31-04 6
   RE: New Voting Procedures I_AM_HE 03-31-04 9
   RE: New Voting Procedures bob_chester 03-31-04 11
 RE: New Voting Procedures IslandFever 03-31-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-04, 09:02 PM (EST)
1. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

no, i disagree, as mad as this elimination makes me, and the continued presence of inferior talent...

...the voting is done correctly. the rabid fans that vote hundreds of times are the ones who will buy CDs, and this ultimately is NOT a talent competition, its a popularity contest. i agree with simon - you let america vote, you live with the results. the only thing you can do is vote some more, or ignore. i expect a lot of people will be doing the latter. i'm going to vote in protest. either way though, it doesn't matter much in the long run.

i said this last season partially because i knew that since i didn't vote and would never buy any of their CDs, my opinion ultimately didn't matter. i am voting this year, but STILL probably won't buy any of their CDs

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
I'm joining your protest HE. I will join you in voting for JPL 100 times and ike you will probably in reality only vote 5 times.

03-31-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
heehee! thanks for the support brvnkrz

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-31-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
2. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

American Idol is a popularity contest, not a talent contest. That's why the judges left Lise Loubner or whatever her name was out of the final 12. The record execs really don't care who wins, so long as they inspire passion and adoration from the teeny bopper fans who will run out and buy their records. I think the bottom three tonight demonstrated that -- Camille, Opie and Penboy all have their followings, while Amy and Jennifer do not. Latoya being in the bottom three, I think was an anomoly -- it'll be like the week Reubin ended up there and will galvanize her fans. But I wouldn't expect Opie or JPL to go anytime soon. Camille won't make the end, but I bet she outsurvives Jennifer and maybe even Latoya.

ETA: I Am He, you beat me to the punch!

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-04, 09:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
america votes, but, does america buy???

justin was such a hit with the voters, he's doing so great in sales-not!

this was intended to be to find the next superstar. not vote for the cutest, my buddy, etc....

some 98 year old lady that likes Sinatra voted 900000 times and john is still there.......ughhhh!!!

vzw1999 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-31-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
Amen to that!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-04, 10:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
Fox marketing apparently feels that way. Justin's CD came out the same time as Ruben and Clay and has no marketing. His CD sucked rocks and his fan base was replaced. Look at how well William Hung's CD is selling for goodness sakes. The best thing you can do is to get into a frame of mind that this is not a talent competition, because that is only going to cause heartbreak and frustration if you think of it that way.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-31-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
I think the voting is fine as it is....if we "voted out" a contestant, it would do wonders for their self-esteem....not being the most popular is bad enough, just think of what it'd be like to think that America doesn't like you enough to vote you out? America buys the music, they should be in charge....this style of voting allows, in the end, more than one "winner"....look at Ruben, Clay, Kim Locke....all three successes.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

03-31-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

I agree, voting someone OUT would be worse. for one thing, some are very popular AND very unpopular (see JPL). for another, fans of very inferior contestants could conspire to vote out the best, like Latoya.

Change is NOT always a good thing. Sometimes things aren't perfect, but they're better than the alternatives and it's better to stay the course.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
I agree it is TV entertainment if you don't like it turn the channel or turn it Off! Survivor does the same thing the weak surive.
I loved Amy thought she was great! Going to miss her.
Camile needs to go.
So does Jennifer, I am not sure why people like her. She is ok singing but what is with those faces. She is also rude person . She belongs in the bottom 3 every week with Camile and Jon S. till she is gone.
Latoya in the final 2, She was not that good last nite and needed to be humbled like Rueben last year. I am hoping that somebody else rises like clay did Last season. Maybe George? He had it all last nite but so did Amy

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: New Voting Procedures"
To me though it it is a flagrant injustice when someone like John knew he belonged in the bottom 3 and LaToya of all people was there. Even John was shocked and had tears in his eyes. Women contestants always get voted lower, unless they are Mormon or from Hawaii, than men, due to the reality show fan base. And a man from Utah and LDS is an even better combo. I would have put JPL, Camille, and John in the bottom 3 and sent Camille home. Camille can't sing, hello? Matt and Amy were not viewed as attractive enough, but they could both sing. I liked both of them. But I'm not 15 and voting for hours on end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •