The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-04 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

This probably comes as no surprise to anyone, but I can't sing. I have a terrible voice. I really never sing. Well may be a little in the car, but not anywhere where someone would hear me. I am a mono tone that is off key.

I KNOW THIS.

No one has to tell me. I am not stupid enough to go try out for AI thinking I can sing.

So who are these 70,000 people a season that show up that can't sing and don't know it?

I have to admit my favorite part is when they show all the bad singers, but surely they know they are bad. Come on, some of them are as bad as me and have the nerve to look at Simon, Randy and Paula and tell them they are wrong.

Even me, with my tin ear, would have come up with virtually the same 120 people that they did.

So what is with people that are so delusional?
Help me out here peps.

The little asian guy was the best! He like me has no professional training.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... Ricky 02-04-04 1
 RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... frisky 02-04-04 2
   RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... ginger 02-04-04 3
       RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... StarryLuna 02-04-04 4
       RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... Schnookie Palookie 02-11-04 6
 RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! M... managerr 02-10-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
Some people must know they are bad and just want to get on TV, so they make sure they are so bad that they get on the audition shows as one of most entertaining of the worst.

Others I think are just wishful thinking and full of themselves.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
I think it's the whole "rock star" (or "pop" star in this case) fantasy. Music is a big part of a teenager's life, and so is the need for adulation and acceptance.

I can't sing worth a carp, but I have to admit I've listened to Heart and fantasized that it was *ME* with those pipes in front of all those adoring fans! You've probably done this yourself at some point in your life, WCH, imagined yourself jumping up on stage at the nudie bar and belting out a tune and just blowing everyone away with your talent.

I think what happens to some people is that they just cling to that fantasy and maybe really believe it can happen. Several of those 70,000 people said they could be the next AI because they have "drive" and "desire" and "belief in myself." What they have is that fantasy. The rock star alter-ego that comes out when a good tune comes on the radio. I think it must just blind (or deafen?) them or something. They can really see themselves in that role because they've imagined it for so long.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
Smiling at mention of Heart. Bet you sang into your hairbrush to "Magic Man," just like moi.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-04-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
He's a magic man...ahh, gotta love Heart. Although, as a child of the 80s, I was singing "These Dreams" and "What About Lvoe" into my plastic spoon/hairbrush/actual microphone my parents bought me because I put on so many fake concerts.

WCH I totally agree with you! I know I can't sing although I love to try (fiance always tells me I can sing...he's so sweet, but hey, I have ears.) and I wouldn't be caught dead auditioning for AI. At the same time, if my friend/fiance/sister or anyone I know who can't sing wanted to audition, I would totally tell them no way!

New sig pic in honor of new DAW level.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
And I, sang "Crazy on You" into my hairbrush

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-10-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Confession of a mono tone!!!! Make that a rant!"
Now it's more than a delusion, it's actually an experience. A lot of people audition just to audition--and if you're terrible, at this point, so what? If a bunch of friends were getting together and looking for something to do one day and decided to "try out for AI together", I can see myself doing it. Most people have no idea how they sound when they sing--and if a producer is feeding their ego, well then...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •