The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"final 2. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rulesr4losers 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-22-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"final 2. "
I hope and pray that this years final two doesn't resemble the cartoon charachters of last season. Fat Albert and Alfred E Nueman were pretty hard to look at last season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: final 2. IslandFever 01-22-04 1
 RE: final 2. geg6 01-23-04 2
   RE: final 2. TDeniseS 01-23-04 5
   MTV killed "music" TeamJoisey 01-24-04 7
       RE: MTV killed "music" BriarRosie 01-26-04 10
 RE: final 2. aquariaqueen 01-23-04 3
 RE: final 2. Bebo 01-23-04 4
   RE: final 2. Asrai 01-23-04 6
       RE: final 2. ginger 01-26-04 11
 RE: final 2. AugustGirl 01-25-04 8
   RE: final 2. Asrai 01-25-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-22-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
1. "RE: final 2. "
I'm a big Clay fan but I also thought he looked just like Alfred E. Newman. If they do have some very attractive finalists they need to make sure they can sing too. Simon seems overly impressed by looks. Carmen was his wild card choice last season. I liked her but don't think he should have gone out of the top group to pick her.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-04, 09:17 AM (EST)
2. "RE: final 2. "
Sorry, can't agree with you there. I'm not interested in how they look. I'm only interested in whether they can sing. I've about had enough of pretty people with no talent assaulting my ears. If I have to hear another Britney, JLo, Jessica Simpson, or Nick Lachey butcher a song all over my TV or radio just because they look good, I'm going to have to give up listening to anything over the broadcasting airwaves and just stick with my own music collection. This is a misuse of the public airwaves and perhaps I should report it to the FCC.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-23-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
5. "RE: final 2. "
>If I have
>to hear another Britney, JLo,
>Jessica Simpson, or Nick Lachey
>butcher a song all over
>my TV or radio just
>because they look good, I'm
>going to have to give
>up listening to anything over
>the broadcasting airwaves and just
>stick with my own music
>collection.

LOL....I feel your pain..... because I feel the same way...it's a crime that Jessica and Nick have recording contracts. Jessica is the worst.... I am just amazed everytime they put her sorry butt on TV singing...it's a disgrace to real singers everywhere. And poor Britney is not much better........

Let's just hope that the new AI will have a good singing voice...they can do makeovers to take care of the looks. I thought Ruben was on a weight loss program...I guess he fell off the wagon or just gave up....

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
7. "MTV killed "music""
Without sounding like a curmudgeon, I'd like to say that I believe MTV did a disservice to the quality of music.

Good looks and flashy video production became enough to make stars of people who were not very talented.

Suddenly, there was no place for Roy Orbison, but there was a place for Paula Abdul.

And yes, I'm aware that "Video Killed the Radio Star" was the first song played on MTV. They knew it was going to happen.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-26-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: MTV killed "music""
Yeah, but when they team up the not-so-good-looking, they will end up on videos.

I mean, c'mon, how cool was it to see Roy Orbison with Tom Petty and Bob Dylan among The Traveling Wilburys? I think George Harrison wanted to be the "cute" one of the group this time.
Heh heh.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-23-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
3. "RE: final 2. "
Don't care what they look like either, afterall, the only time I listen to music is in my car, so looks aren't important. A good tune performed well is what I am looking for.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
4. "RE: final 2. "
When looks matter, I check out pictures in a magazine. I don't care if there's a pretty face on a CD cover, I'd rather not have an assault on my ears. Add me to the folks who don't care one bit about how the next Idol looks, as long as he or she has the pipes.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: final 2. "
Beebs, I agree with you 100% on this. Last season, I listened to the contestants with this in mind:

Whose album would I buy?

Based on that, Clay and K-Lo were my top picks. This worked out for me, since I bought Clay's CD and not Ruben's. Understandably, this doesn't mean that Ruben, or any of the others, didn't have a terrific voice. I just 'judged' differently!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: final 2. "
Curious what y'all think of the videos. Clay's generally beats out Rubens on TRL. Both of them involve improbable romance (with beautiful girls, hence improbable although for different reasons).

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
8. "RE: final 2. "
Add me to the group that doesn't care what they look like, I only care about their singing ability. Clay is my favorite of the first two seasons and while he doesn't look like Brad Pitt, he isn't ugly either. In fact, the more I see him doing shows, specials, etc, he just seems to shine even more. I find him absolutely adorable and more so each time I see him.

I can do without the no-talent sleezy Britney's, J-Lo's and Jessica Simpson's of the world. Kimberly Locke and Frenchy can sing circles around those three. True, honest-to-God talent isn't what your face looks like or how much skin you'll show. Sing me a song and give me goosebumps. That's talent.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: final 2. "
Amen, Summerchick! No wonder I lvoe you so much!! I agree with 100% of what you posted.

I mean, Brad Pitt *is* absolutely wonderful to look at. But Clay wakes up the butterflies in my stomach every tiime I hear his voice. That's something that even Brad doesn't do for this lady!!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •