The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

KIRSTIUK 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-09-03, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
can i just say that American Juniors are ripping us off. I'm from England and we have a band called S Club8 who were formally known as S Club Juniors. Last year they released One Step Closer which was their first single it was a massive hit and that was the song that got them known as the next generation of S clubbers. They called themselves S Club 8 after S Club split up. The reason I am strongly opinionated on this subject is because my 2nd cousin is in S Club 8 and i just found out that the American Juniors are using One Step Closer as their first single sying that it is a original song. They have also been using S Club and S club 8s songs to audition with without giving credit to the S Clubbers. So the S Club 8 who r very very very famous here are not going to be able to make it big in America because America juniors are using their songs. Other songs that are released by S Club 8 are Automatic High, New Direction, Puppy Love, Fool No More and Sundown. So your Juniors better not steal them songs too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... sclubber 08-09-03 1
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Artcurus 08-09-03 2
       RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... sclubber 08-09-03 3
           RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... stephy 08-09-03 4
               RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... KIRSTIUK 08-10-03 5
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... arjaco1 12-22-03 31
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... BriarRosie 12-26-03 32
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... managerr 08-11-03 6
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... carencey 08-13-03 7
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... tattoohater 08-13-03 8
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... fUNKifUL 08-14-03 9
 Blame Simon Fuller AyaK 08-19-03 10
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Sham_dude 08-20-03 11
   Sundown Turkishdelights 08-23-03 12
       RE: Sundown KIRSTIUK 08-24-03 13
           RE: Sundown Tatws 10-28-03 14
           RE: Sundown AMeRiCaN_PuNK 10-28-03 15
               RE: Sundown Tatws 11-03-03 16
               RE: Sundown baby_girl41 11-23-03 21
           RE: Sundown baby_girl41 11-23-03 20
           RE: Sundown ShannaAiken 01-04-04 33
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... greenangel 11-03-03 17
       RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Hannah Richings Rules 11-16-03 18
           RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Scuttlebutt 11-29-03 29
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... baby_girl41 11-23-03 19
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... baby_girl41 11-23-03 22
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... baby_girl41 11-23-03 23
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... greenangel 11-23-03 24
       RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... baby_girl41 11-23-03 25
           RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... greenangel 11-24-03 26
               RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... baby_girl41 11-24-03 27
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... sclub8fan1989 11-27-03 28
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Hannah Richings Rules 12-04-03 30
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... bubble_brain_23 01-11-04 34
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Hannah Richings Rules 01-14-04 35
       RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... bubble_brain_23 01-14-04 36
           RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Hannah Richings Rules 01-15-04 37
 RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... wadat 01-27-04 38
   RE: American Juniors ripping uk off... Hannah Richings Rules 01-29-04 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sclubber 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-03, 08:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I completeley aggree. They r ripping us off. Poor s Club 8 they dun all that work and now someone else is takin the credit 4 it. The American Juniors have definately made enemies with England. Rip offs!!!!!

Artcurus 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-09-03, 08:57 AM (EST)
2. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Uhhh, two words

MINI POPS.

Memory refresher- 80's. Kids Singing, eight albums worth also 2 video's. came from England. Huge hit in Canada.

Hope that helps
Art

sclubber 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-03, 09:00 AM (EST)
3. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I think its really unfair that they r nicking r songs. Now S Club 8 cant make it big in America. They r older than ur Juniors and a lot more talented. (Nothing personal) I hope u dont support them cos they r rip offs!

stephy 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-09-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Hi,
I agree with you 100%. The Americans are very adept at stealing others ideas and using them for their own. Many TV shows for example All In The Family, Threes Company, Who's Line is it Anyway, Friends, Trading Spaces...and many more too numerous too mention were created in Great Britian....It's a fact that unfortunately one should be used to by now!

08-10-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
the people on thismessage board r a lot nicer a put da same message on another board and they were well nasty 2 me!

arjaco1 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-03, 09:09 AM (EST)
31. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I have got a hannahlicious wbsite. i don't mind building a few pages or even a website for hate mail of aj

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-26-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Artists "cover" songs all the time. Do you think Abba was upset that the A Teens "stole" their songs and became popular?
Doubtful. I don't think it's a big deal when artists cover other songs, as long as the songwriters ultimately get the credit.

And it's just my opinion that only a tiny fraction of Brit pop ever becomes popular here. Has anyone in the US ever heard of The Chippendales (the band, not the male strippers!)
I ask only because I know of someone who was in that group.
I would never have heard about them otherwise.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-11-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Well, Simon Fuller manages S Club 8 and is the producer of American Juniors. Technically, those are *his* songs, so he can do whatever he wants with them.

S Club 7 already released a single in the United States a few years ago. "Never Had A Dream Come True" or something like it. It did ok, but it wasn't a big hit or anything. So I think that Simon might thing that it's over for S Club in the USA based on the lack of success for that single.

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
7. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Managerr's got a good point. It's easy enough to say Americans are 'stealing ideas', but in many if not most of the cases you mention, it's the producers of these shows/groups, who see their success abroad and bring the idea over here looking for the "big American dollars". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's certainly not that Americans are banding together to rip off the world...you could just as easily say that everyone else just wants our money, but if you deliver a good product, we'll spend it. That said, the reason many of these ventures are so successful is that American network TV executives (cable is better) sometimes just seem to be allergic to new ideas...they'd rather not try something new here and take the risk that it will flop spectacularly, so they're very open to things that have worked abroad, especially in England. In general, they remake the reality shows, because Americans typically prefer to watch Americans, that's just how it is here. I think though, that especially with cable networks, there will be more of a market for the 'originals' of these shows.

tattoohater 18 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Go home and eat some of that nasty kidney pie or whatever it is you crazy brits eat and leave our American Juniors alone. Any country that worships that wacky inbred royal family deserves to be ripped off

fUNKifUL 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I am actually a fan of S Club 8 .. I was wondering who's you cousin?

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
10. "Blame Simon Fuller"
Simon Fuller created S Club Juniors, now S Club 8. Simon Fuller also created American Juniors. So, in effect, Simon Fuller is ripping himself off. I think he's entitled to do that.

See this article about Simon Fuller's empire, which also includes Annie Lennox (whom he manages) and used to include the Spice Girls:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030618/242/e2lzx.html

Sham_dude 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Lets me just say sumthin, Me, i'm canadian but iam a HUGE fan of the AJ's, S club 8 is nopt famous in the us and never will be. You should be honoured that The AJ's are using your material and u know wat, THEY PROBABLY DIDNT EVEN RIGHT THE Song. SO dont even think that were ripping u off! and the American Juniors was a SPINOFF for American Idol, they were planning american juniors for a while! And, all the other s club 8 songs SUCK!!

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-23-03, 06:15 PM (EST)
12. "Sundown"
The American Juniors are set to release their second single, Sundown, in October... Sundown (like One Step Closer) was also done by S Club 8 first, and their video was just release today, here it is: http://www.speedway-online.com/sclub8sundown.wmv

08-24-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sundown"
Hi all! My 2nd cousin is Frankie Sandford. And no s club 8 didnt rite the songs and a lot of people i hav spoken 2 frm us hav herd ther songs. Also ur American Juniors r using a mixture of all s club 8s songs adventually so by saying ther songs suck ur saying dat the american juniors do 2. All the songs below hav been sung my s club 8 they may not hav all been released but they were all recorded a long time a go, this isnt all of them though ther is loads more...
Automatic High
Daisy-Jane
Dancing In The Street
Fool No More
Girls
Here We Go
I Wanna Dance
It's About Time
Juniors 2 8
Kids In America
New Direction
One Fine Day
One Step Closer
Paradise
Reach(Duet With S Club)
Rock Rock On
Rush
S Club 8
Sundown
ThisIs How We Party
We Are Back
Wendy
Wherever You Are
~!*Fool No More*!~
Puppy Love
Feel The Beat
I Come Alive
Together
You Are The One
Anytime Anywhere

Tatws 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Sundown"
It continues a stereotype wen u yanks start throwing insults because of what we say, just refrain yourselves from it for your own sake, and good on you those that kept it calm and made a constructive argument against us brits. The point is however it was the S Club 8 group that originally sang the songs and made them popular, so it's not about ownership as some of you believe, but as we were told, they are telling people they are original songs without giving credit, and thats not exactly comendable is it now? and Kristi, can you contact me on msn-t2tatws@hotmail.com or on yahoo or AIM both the screen name is t2tatws, ill explain fully when you contact me, but it is rather important, confusing as it sounds, ill explain all at the time, thanks.

AMeRiCaN_PuNK 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 11:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Sundown"
they sang "kids in america"??? theyre not even americans...

Tatws 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sundown"
i dont think you hav to be american to be a kid in america...

baby_girl41 20 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Sundown"
The S Club 8's sang Kids in America! If they did, then you're right. They aren't eve American's. They are from England or somewhere like that. I can't really remember. So if the UK is saying that the American Juniors are ripping them off by them singing Kids in American, they aren't, because the band No Secrets (all girls)...... they really sing the song Kids in America. The American Juniors just sang the song Kids in America for their theme song.

11-23-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sundown"
Cool! Are all of those song titles, the songs of S Club 8's?¿?¿???????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

ShannaAiken 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Sundown"
AJ's may be using S Club 8's songs, but are S Club 8 ripping off a lot of other bands. Puppy Love, Dancing in the streets and one fine day are only a few of the songs they have covered. Their also singing a whole ton of S Club 7's songs and even took their name, at least the American juniors didn't call themselves Ace of Base juniors or NSYNC juniors or something like that. Just because the band broke up does not mean that the name is free.

greenangel 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 06:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
i'm canadian too and am a huge fan of the AJ's but i like s club 8 and their songs. btw, do u know wen american juniors is going to start again?

Hannah Richings Rules 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I was a great fan of S Club 7 and now of course I love S club 8 .
When I read all your posts I fell down on my knees .
Is Simon Fuller going mad ???? He really gave One step closer and Sundown to those American Juniors !!! I know he is a great business man but here I think it's a huge artistic mistake . It's horrible !!!!
So then I've listened to the cover of Sundown by the AJ's . Oh my God ! And I thought they had a voice ! Sundown is a song I love , I know it by heart , I know every moment of it .
The version by the AJ's is crap because of the very poor musical arrangement , and because of their voices . What is that ??
They don't sing they sound like owls . It's terrible !
I hope they won't work because only one band can sing One step closer and Sundown properly . Or else they have to sing their own stuff . I mean you can't cover recent songs , it's stupid !!
Wow Aj's , do something else or stop it ! What you and Mr Fuller are doing is an artistic crime . Let S club 8 have their own identity and build yours . You can't build your identity on a existing band !! This is insane .

Scuttlebutt 12 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-03, 07:14 PM (EST)
29. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
It is really sad, especially considering that most people knew the AJs had no chance in hell of succeeding and it would've probably been far easier for the SC8 to become popular over here using the material they originally recorded, though I don't think a kid's pop group is right for the market over here these days either way. Plus, I think they sound better anyhow.

11-23-03, 00:40 AM (EST)
19. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I don't really think that the American Juniors are ripping the UK off. They are just using the song "One Step Closer" for a song to sing. Even though they used it as a main song title for their CD release, you shouldn't be saying that they are ripping the UK off. They aren't going to be using anymore of the S Club 8's songs or anything.

11-23-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
22. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
They aren't ripping the UK off.....and also if the S Club 8's sing Kids in America.................they are ripping the band of all girls No Secrets off.........because they really sing that song. And the American Juniors only sing the song Kids in American for their theme song.

11-23-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
23. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Dont worry about it. The American Juniors are not going to steal any of those songs. They are making up their own songs.

11-23-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
24. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
yeah..i don't think american junior's are ripping off s club 8 either...any ideas when AJ's start again?!?!

11-23-03, 11:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
No sorry, I have no idea when they start again. I hope that they start again soon. They also said that they would have a CD out in the fall but i dont really know if it is out yet or not. I hope that if it is not out that it will be out soon, because the American Juniors are so awesome, that i want to buy their CD. Well byez!

11-24-03, 05:08 PM (EST)
26. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
i hope they start again soon too. i know they have a cd out that has One Step Closer and Kids in America.

11-24-03, 08:18 PM (EST)
27. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Yeah, me too! I just really want to see them release a brand new CD of their own, and not with the top 10 finalists of the show. That would be really cool if they did release a brand new CD. I want to see them become really famous like other singers!

sclub8fan1989 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
28. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I totally agree wiv every1. S club 8 rule and i am a huge fan. All their songs r gr8, but the americans r stealing them. why don't they go back to where they came from and make up their own songs.

12-04-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I agree with you 100 % . And S club 8 did not sing kids in america . And by the way Kids in America is not song from No secrets but from Kim Wilde during the early 80's . It's a song that has been covered many times .

bubble_brain_23 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 03:01 AM (EST)
34. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Before you start sound off on the Americans I believe you should perhaps think things over a little. Would there be any logical explanation as to why a group of children would cover songs sung by a group of children? Would you be freaking out if the tables had been reversed? No of course not.

I for one can say I'm not biased. I am Canadian, and British music is extremely popular here. Our childrens TV station YTV has a show called the hit list, and I faithfully watched it every Friday night for 5 years. I didn't care about local videos, I like the ones from Eurpoe. I fell in love with Billie Piper, The Spice Girls, B*Witched (Irish I know), Boyzone, Westlife, Cleopatra and many more.

It is unfair to scream that the American are stealing your songs because in fact they do not belong to anyone other than the person who wrote them. S club covered lots of songs:

All In Love Is Fair ?
originally by Cathy Dennis
Boy Like You ?
Dance, Dance, Dance ?
Dancing Queen
originally by ABBA
Hope For the Future ?
I'll Be There ?
I'll Keep Waiting ?
If Its Love ?
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
originally by Rolling Stones
Jammin' ?
originally by Bob Marley
Lately originally
by Stevie Wonder
Love Train ?
Natural ?
Perfect Christmas ?
Right Guy ?
Shake Your Body (down To Theground)
originally by Jackson Five
She's Out Of My Life ?
originally by Michael Jackson
So Right ?
Someday, Someway
originally by Marshall Crenshaw
Sunshine ?
Thelong & Winding Road ?
originally by Beatles
Two In a Million ?
Viva La Fiesta ?

I will fight you if you try to say that those are all british songs because Michael Jackson is not british, neither are the jackson five or the rolling stones.

The A Tees covered Elvis presley for goodness sake!

I believe it's inapproiate to say that the Americans are stealing your songs. Next thing I know Billy Klippert (Canadian Idol Season one) will be shot down because he sang an Elton John song.

Please have some respect and not bash each others country. Music is music and it is free to be enjoyed and sung by anyone. It's funny, all the British people I know are quiet and reserved to a point, they must be somewhat unique because I haven't seen a quiet British person (um... what exactly would one call a british person, a brit sounds quite mean) on here yet.

Thank you for listening,
Ashley

01-14-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
35. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
First Cathy Dennis is not a singer . She just wrote songs for S Club and other Simon Fuller's artists . Be careful ! The name under a song in a booklet is the name of the person who wrote it , not the one who sang it .
Then a cover version is a good thing if the song is old . Here it's different . We are talking about two songs sung at the same time by two different groups . One in the US , the other in the UK . THAT is stupid ! The songs currently belong to S club 8 . It's a basic artistic right . It's as if now a group was doing a cover from the song of Britney and Madonna .

bubble_brain_23 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
36. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
I have a video of S club 8 doing One step closer from years ago!

And up and coming artists are covernig Westlife, you gonna yell at him too.. his name is Ruben Studdard.

The fact is, if the song belongs to Simon Fuller, he can use it for everyone. The fact that S club 8 failed to catch on in the states means that he wanted to get good use out of the songs.

And, S club 8 (or juniors which ever is correct) covered the song as it was, they have 2 available videos, one when they look abuot 12, and one when they look a lot older, probably around 14 or 15, if they're that old.

And the thing is, American Juniors were created to give American kids a chance. Do you have any idea what it would have cost for them to do brand new songs? Now the royalties go to the one writer of the song.

And there is a huge difference between Children singing each otehrs songs, I hope you realize no one expects these groups to be around in 5 years, and people doing Briney or Madonna. Seasoned artists don't cover each others songs, that's a given. I mean, would you be ok if Westlife covered Five? No, because it would be stupid.

01-15-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
37. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
As I said in a previous post, the one to blame is Simon Fuller . HE has created American juniors . What he did is completely "anti artistic" , it is JUST for money . He usually has some great ideas , but he's going mad with his pop idols . Some years ago, he was with the Spice Girls and two or three small bands . I think he had created THE pop band . Now he's the manager of "I don't how many artists" and the quality is ruined because of the quantity (Will Young, Gareth Gates, S club 8, Amy Studt, Michelle McManus, Rachel Stevens, ...) . He is expanding the horizons of 19 productions all over the world with POP IDOL . THAT's when music becomes only a matter of business , THAT's when it's not an art anymore .

wadat 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
38. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
Who cares??? Anybody???

01-29-04, 08:14 AM (EST)
39. "RE: American Juniors ripping uk off!!!"
As we are in a thread called "Americans Juniors ripping UK off !" , I think our posts are interesting. If you wanna talk about something else, get away !

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •