The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-01-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Results"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-04 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

For those of you who don't like spoilers... too bad

Here's the story:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2132

And so ...

We have the following top 7:

1. Kurt Nilsen (Norway)
2. Kelly Clarkson (USA)
3. Peter Evrard (Belgium)

... no argument so far, but then...

4. Heinz Winkler (RSA)
5. Will Young (UK)

...yuck, then ...

6. Ryan Malcolm (Canada)
7. Guy Sebastian (Australia)

The last four spots go to Alex (Poland), Alexander (Germany), Diana (Jordan) and Jamai (Netherlands), who earned them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Pssstttt... SurvivorBlows 01-01-04 1
 Poor Kelly Cassandra 01-01-04 2
   RE: Poor Kelly frisky 01-01-04 3
       RE: Poor Kelly lileth01 01-02-04 12
           RE: Poor Kelly love2smile 01-14-04 27
   RE: Poor Kelly coolflowerpowerman 01-01-04 4
       RE: Poor Kelly StarryLuna 01-02-04 6
           RE: Poor Kelly sbeck 01-02-04 8
       RE: Poor Kelly strid333 01-02-04 9
           RE: Poor Kelly managerr 01-12-04 25
 RE: Results munson 01-02-04 5
   BMG Norway AyaK 01-03-04 15
       RE: BMG Norway munson 01-05-04 20
   RE: Results Little_Amy23 01-03-04 17
       RE: Results munson 01-05-04 21
 RE: Results buckeyegirl 01-02-04 7
 RE: Results 712 01-02-04 10
   Posh buckeyegirl 01-02-04 11
   RE: Results lileth01 01-02-04 13
       RE: Results StarryLuna 01-03-04 14
           UK ratings AyaK 01-03-04 16
               RE: UK ratings Hunnie 01-03-04 18
                   RE: UK ratings lileth01 01-04-04 19
 The only way for the show to be a r... bubble_brain_23 01-11-04 22
   RE: The only way for the show to be... strid333 01-11-04 23
       RE: The only way for the show to be... bubble_brain_23 01-11-04 24
           RE: The only way for the show to be... ebony 01-12-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-04, 09:40 PM (EST)
1. "Pssstttt..."

I think you meant this one:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2132

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-01-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
2. "Poor Kelly"
After finishing second to Kurt several times, the expression on Kelly's face was stricken. She didn't appear to have been emotionally prepared to lose.

Between George W. being so bad and Kurt being so good, it's surprising she was ready for this contingency.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-04, 10:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Poor Kelly"
It didn't help that those two guys -- the hosts, Tad and Dreck or whatchamacallit -- were building up to a Kelly win. She really looked very surprised that she was losing. The look on her face was classic "WTF?"

I didn't see the performance show so I am certainly in no position to judge, but I will anyway. When I saw the little clip of our Ryan from Canada, I knew he'd blown it. He was way too theatrical in a "making the song your own" kind of way. He should have done a Blue Rodeo tune.

Kelly sounded good, as she usually does, but I don't like Agueliara-isms, and it sounded like she was doing it again.

Kurt was great, so was Peter. The one guy that they kept saying was so good-looking was waaaaayyy DAW!! He was so conscience of that camera and seemed to know where it was at all times.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division

lileth01 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-02-04, 11:40 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Poor Kelly"
I couldn't disagree with you more about Ryan; I thought that his performance was very strong - he had good stage presence and was quite passionate; can tell that he has been performing for awhile. The song isn't one of my favourites but he did it justice.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Poor Kelly"
I'm sorry, but I couldn't STAND Ryans performance. The song was horrible and he looked like a bad remake of Buddy Holly!

The other one that was annoying was Will.....WAAAAY too much hype and it bugs me to hear people who sing with a lazy S pronunciation...grrrrr! lol

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-01-04, 10:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Poor Kelly"
My favorites were Kelly, Kurt, Diana, and Heinz.

The most outrageous vote was the Arab World vote... seriously, they put Kelly and Kurt in the bottom four and gave Alexander and Jamai the top spots... give me a break!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-02-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Poor Kelly"
I agree. The votes were consistent among all the countries, but then you have the Pan Arab vote which was just all over the place. It's too bad they didn't score Kelly higher, the competition could have been much closer then.

BTW, I was happy to see that Diana scored in the top 3 in the US vote.

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-02-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Poor Kelly"
I was glad to see that Diana scored high as well. Maybe I'm biased, but I think that the USA "got it right," as Simon might say.

I also agree that Kelly looked surprised that she didn't win. I was surprised, too, but Kurt is good

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-02-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Poor Kelly"
>The most outrageous vote was the
>Arab World vote...

Perhaps they were the only country with the guts to go with the strategy discussed here http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/407.shtml I agree that this strategy is flawed and there was the potential for a really bad singer to win. I'm glad the Norwegian won.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-12-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Poor Kelly"
That's what I'm hoping they were doing. If so, then the Pan-Arabs are definitely the smartest nations around. It was a valiant effort.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-02-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-04 AT 01:51 AM (EST)

It's hard to argue with the results when Kurt won 9 of the 10 countries that could vote for him.

Oh, what the hell...

First, Kurt gave a great performance. Unlike Kelly, who is already well-known and has been heard in many of the countries that were represented in this contest, Kurt was a revelation. I still think Kelly did a wonderful job and is the better vocalist. Why did Kurt win, IMHO? No one expected anything from this guy from Norway. It's so much easier to impress someone who has no expectations. Kelly met expectations. Kurt blew them away.

It just goes to show you that everyone around the world loves the underdog.

Good for him. Maybe now I'll find his CD somewhere. On that topic, what's up with his record company and management team? Here you've got a guy who is competing on the world stage but his CD isn't available to the world audience? I wonder if they'll ever make up the sales they lost in the day following his performance on Christmas?

01-03-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
15. "BMG Norway"
Like all Idol winners, Kurt is managed by Simon Fuller's 19 Management, and his record company is BMG Norway. However, I looked for his record, and I couldn't find it anywhere except Norway and Germany (as an import). Not even the UK had any copies of it.

01-05-04, 07:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: BMG Norway"
Well, at least that rules out any hint of conspiracy or suspicion. Had 500K units of "I" been readied for shipment ahead of time, more than a few eye brows would have risen across the foreheads of Idol fans.

Cynical am I? It's not like the Idol series has given us any reason to challenge the vote totals. Right, Clay-maniancs?

Little_Amy23 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Results"
Not sure if you've seen this but I found it on Yahoo:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/pagesix/20040103/en_pagesix/kellyranoutwhenkurtwon

01-05-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Results"

Clarkson, who had been favored to win the competition, appeared dazed by the loss and did not stick around to congratulate Kurt Nilsen, 24, the good-natured father of two who won.

Clarkson placed second.

"We didn't get to talk. I think she went back to her hotel I guess," Nilsen told The Post yesterday.

The talk of the "Idol" world yesterday was how upset Clarkson appeared on the show, which was taped Thursday afternoon in London and broadcast through various time zones across the world.

She appeared to grow increasingly disgruntled as the votes from different regions were tallied and it became clear she was losing to an otherwise-unknown singer from a small Scandinavian country.

Nilsen is a fan of Clarkson. He traveled all the way to New York from Norway last year to hear her sing at Giant Stadium.

It was his first trip to the U.S.

Kurt, too, seemed surprised he could not find her after the show.

"Everybody wanted to talk to me and take pictures," he said. "I didn't get a chance to say goodbye."

And the transformation is complete! Humility transplant successful. Full blown ego now in place and functioning appropriately. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Diva has left the building.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Results"
I was glad that Kurt won-his performance was outstanding. I would have been disappointed to have a Kelly win-it just would've been too predictable. I was also glad to see Diana place so high in the US poll. While I couldn't understand her lyrics, you could tell she had a great voice.
IMHO, the only person who looked more disappointed then Kelly at losing was Wil. I almost felt sorry for the guy the fifth or so time he placed in the lower half of the group.

A Kyngsladye Original

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-02-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Results"
Would have rather seen a Kelly win, but Kurt is okay by me.
I'm happy that Peter came third as well, and that Diana didn't do so badly.

Shocked at Guy's poor showing. And how did Heinz do so well? My god.

What did you all think of Posh Spice's lip synching?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
11. "Posh"
I missed her singing, (was flipping back and forth between another show) but did find it funny when she said that she was rooting for Kelly, then seemed to remember she was in England and added that she liked Will as well. The Will comment almost seemed like an afterthought to me.

A Kyngsladye Original

01-02-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Results"
The whole Posh thing was just pathetic in my "humble" opinion. Hard to believe anyone would go through with such a thing.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-03-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Results"
What cracked me up about the Posh performance was that she came out all glammed up in a gorgeous evening gown, but the backup dancers were all wearing hip-hop/urban clothing. It didn't make much sense to me.

01-03-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
16. "UK ratings"
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-04 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

Victoria (Posh) was there simply in an attempt to boost the abysmal UK ratings for World Idol on ITV. The UK was the worst market in the world for the "performance show" -- and "Posh and Becks' Christmas Special" drew 2 million more viewers than World Idol did on Dec. 25.

Hunnie 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-04, 11:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: UK ratings"
I thought Posh gave a pretty pathetic performance.

And shame on ITV for not getting in a better preformer. I mean the two "entertainers" were Elton John and Posh, its a bit like caviar and porridge really isn't it? They would have shelled out a fortune for Elton, so why not shell out more for a decent performer from one of the other countries? Having talentless Posh on a show with a bunch of guys who can sing is a bit ironic....

And I could have lip synched better even though Id never heard the song before!!! Just give up Posh and go back to being the blatant money whore lottery winner you were meant to be.

01-04-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
19. "RE: UK ratings"
As someone has already eluded to, Posh and her hubby are like a real life Barbie and Ken in the UK so her appearance was all about publicity.

Ironic thing is they had her "perform" on an international talent show - what a shame.

bubble_brain_23 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 03:19 AM (EST)
22. "The only way for the show to be a real worl Idol...."
is to let people vote for who they wanted. My father and I both voted for Kurt. The man took my breath away, and I wasn't in the livng room near the TV when he started. But my mother voted for Kelly because she's her fave, but thought Kurt deserved to win.

See, I can almost guarantee that the Canadians wouldn't have voted strictly for Ryan Malcom just because he's from Canada. But, it was speculated that the British would have voted for Will despite his lousy performance. That the way the world is folks.

I'd love to see them redo the whole damn thing. Let everyone cast a vote for who they think is best. Forget about blocking countries, let us vote for who we want dammit, might have made it fair.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The only way for the show to be a real worl Idol...."
Eh, the whole competition was a farce and really no one was interested. The ratings were poor with old reruns of other shows having stronger showings. I missed out on the Christmas show's voting period because I went to see LOTR ROTK. Do I regret missing WI? No! LOTR ROTK was a great movie to conclude the whole trilogy and from what I heard, some of the performances were just painful to sit through.

Three is the perfect number.

bubble_brain_23 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The only way for the show to be a real worl Idol...."
You're right, some were painful. Alexander from Germany was straight out of teh 80's with his song. The Arab girl had a good voice, but for WORLD IDOL where like 90% of the viewers spoke engligh she should have sung an english song.\

Other than that the performances were decent. The deserving person won though, and that's good. The rocker from Belgium was great as well, but it wasn't gonna be a hit with the pop fans out there... I just happen to have a small soft spot for Nirvana.

Though we tuned in to watch, I played a computer game through most of it. I'm glad you enjoyed LOTR ROTK, I plan on seeing it next weekend or the one after (money's tight!)

ebony 8 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 10:00 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The only way for the show to be a real worl Idol...."
OK i thought posh's lip synching was pretty obvious!!! I thought her new teeth looked great though. I found it funny that they had her on since the idols seem so much more talented than herself!!! not meaning to sound too harsh on the poor girl! but i thought she mentioned she was rooting for kelly to suck up to the US audience because she so badly wants to make it big there???!! anyway that's what i thought at the time but im probably wrong.
secondly, kurt deserved to win although i would have liked to see this competition go over at least 2 or 3 weeks where we watched a few performances to help make our minds up. im sure kelly would have won if this were teh case but ah well.
thirdly, extremely shocked at guy's disappointing 7th considering his voice was so much better and more interesting than the others he joined at the bottom of the tally. he really was a definite top 5 contender for me, i think that if the competition was stretched that would have been the result for him too.
lastly, kelly's face was priceless. i was glad to see her lose in a way just to let her ego down just that little bit and bring her back down to earth.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •