The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-03, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
Quick recap. All sang S Club 7 or 8 or 319 songs for all i care.
Rated in order of best to worst.
1 - DANIELLE (was there any doubt who not only would be the best one up there ? Danielle at, quite possibly, her best right here. And thats really saying something)
2 - A.J. (I truly hate to say it, but with the other 4 drowning him out, he was actually tolerable tonight in the more restrained performance)
3 - KATELYN (Katey turned it on like nobodys business. She sounded WAY older than shes ever sounded before. Too bad no one really cares about Katelyn.)
4 - CHANTEL (Boy, did Chantel blow it tonight. As long as she stood still she was fine, as soon as she tried to dance, the key of the song changed all over the place. Hugely disappointing. I had heard from people who were there that Chantel was terrible. I was hoping they were wrong. They werent.)
5 - JORDAN (Just a average at best performance of a below average song from Jordan. I really would have liked to see Jordan get a more uptempo song but oh well. IT was nice while it lasted Jordi.)
6 - MORGAN ( This was even worse than Rock With You. When he tried to dance around you could see and hear him getting out of breath. Not a good sign if he gets winded in the FIRST song. Best part was at the end when he did the "Rerun" dance from "Whats Happening".Im sure thats not what he was trying to do but it generate a chuckle from me nonetheless.)

more notes - All 4 in the group provided back up vocals or back up dancing, whatever you want to call it, they were there. Very, very uncoordinated. Go back and watch the tapes. Count how many times Chauncey & Tori clunked into each other. Morgan's younger brother Alexander sounds just like Arnold from Different Strokes. Would have loved to hear him say "Whatchoo Talking About Mr. Seacrest". Plus, he can sing. He blew Morgan away. Morgan had to be embarassed. Katelyns sister cant sing. Although she DID sound like a junior version of Katelyn, unfortunately it was "Semifinal" Katelyn instead of "Last Chance" Katelyn. The Teen Choice Awards Skit was funny. They should have done more of those during the show to see more of their personalities. The Simon & Ryan interaction was HORRIBLE. Practically no crowd reaction to either of their attempts at jokes. Overall, a very bad show.
WHO SHOULD ADVANCE - Danielle, AJ, Katelyn
WHO WILL ADVANCE - AJ, Chantel, Danielle
Welcome your new American Junior - AJ Melendez.....although, when i was voting nonstop for Danielle, i DID get almost 15 minutes of busy signals, which i didnt even get that much with Lucy...a good sign?
GOOD LUCK DANI!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW BlueJeansJane 08-05-03 1
 RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW RUTGERSpaul 08-05-03 2
   RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW Artcurus 08-06-03 3
       RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW spinningwords 08-06-03 5
 RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW managerr 08-06-03 4
   RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW RonniLee 08-06-03 6
 RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW GDonatello 08-06-03 7
   RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW Rikker Mortis 08-06-03 8
       RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW RUTGERSpaul 08-06-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BlueJeansJane 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-05-03, 10:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-03 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

Morgan- Sooo good tonight. He had one of the best peformances tonight and really stepped it up! He had the moves, voice, and the joy that entertainers must have onstage.

Danielle- Sang beautifully as always. She has such a sweet yet strong presence. She fit really well. I voted for her!

AJ- He actually did very good night. His voice is definitely not my favorite but he can really perform.

Chantel- I was bored and unimpressed. She was not really into the performance and her voice wasn't that great.

Jordan- She gave her all into the performance but her voice isn't good enough.

Katelyn- She can sing and my favorite performace of hers was On the Radio. But I felt pretty bored watching her tonight. Still, she did a very nice job and I like her ease onstage.

Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, and Lucy did such a good job being backup singers to everyone tonight. They must of worked sooo hard! You were great kids!

Nikki

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-05-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-03 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

I REALLY liked this format and seeing what the group would look like and like what Deborah said, each of the finalists gives the group a different flavor, it's a beautiful thing. I was right, Lucy looks a bit awkward in the group with all the kiddies.

MORGAN BURKE - Okay, this kid needs to calm down, I've been saying that from the beginning. Now I know that we were focusing on Morgan as a performer, and it was HIS spotlight, but when it came to the group chorus, it was Morgan trying to outflare, outshine, and outperform his potential bandmates. I don't think this is the right forum for his type of enthusiasm and performance.

DANIELLE WHITE - OH-MY-GOD! There are no words to describe what I witnessed on that stage. It was a spectacular showing, and I still don't understand how she has not even made the Top 3 in these past five weeks. She has raised the bar in this competition from the beginning and she's still being looked over. She was everything beyond amazing. Danielle White? PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT.

A.J. MELENDEZ - Now that performance, was that 2ge+her? I don't know how I feel about that performance. He was good, but I think the group looked kind of awkward, not as awful as Morgan, but I think it was a respectable performance, and yes Deborah, I think he can pull off "Pop".

JORDAN McCOY - I think week after week Jordan is getting more and more polished and I REALLY liked the flow and sound of the group with Jordan. I think the group looked good with Jordan and she added something to the group. Apparently, I'm a HUGE Jordan fan and I think she makes a nice addition. Not downplaying Danielle by any means!

CHANTEL KOHL - I think it had a REALLY rocky start but she picked it up by the end, with that "cut" (Copyright Gladys Knight). I think she, like Lucy, kind of looks awkward in the group, and she doesn't have the flow that Jordan exhibited. I ADORE Chantel and bless her heart, coming in 2nd place 3 out of the 4 weeks, but I don't know if this performance will give her that push.

KATELYN TARVER - Perfect case of "A Little, Too Little, Too Late". She would've made a great addition to the group, and tonight, has actually proven herself as a great vocalist. I don't know if she's pushed enough to get that edge, but I do congratulate Katelyn.

As much as I thought Danielle's performance was impeccable. I decided to actually vote tonight, but I threw 20 minutes of voting to Jordan McCoy. But you know what, I think those 20 minutes aren't even going to push her into the Top 3. LoL

-------------------------------------------------------------

PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT:

Week 1: Taylor Thompson
Week 2: Jordan McCoy
Week 3: Lucy Hale
Week 4: Chantel Kohl
Week 5: Danielle White

So, my picks for the "Performance of the Night" for each week "American Juniors" finals were on. As I mentioned before, I'll compile my picks and see how my group turns out and you know what, I like the group I picked.

Taylor Thompson, Jordan McCoy, Lucy Hale, Chantel Kohl, and Danielle White. Now THAT's a good group. If only...

Artcurus 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-03, 00:35 AM (EST)
3. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
Ok Guys,

This is actually going to be a short one. Too tired. Sis came down with Meningnitis yesterday and spent most of today in Hospital.

Tori hates this, no doubt about it. She never smiles anymore and she appeared to be going through the motions tonight. For a comparison, look at her sister, who seemed to be having a really good time.

Danielle did a fantastic job, one of the best performances tonight. I thought Amanda (Kat. sis) did a really good job, considering it was acappella.

Art

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-03, 05:22 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
It was great to see Dani really come into her own tonight. She made the stage her own tonight and I was glued to the tv and absolutely mesmerized. I really had doubts about Danielle for quite some time and have definately become a believer.

The same goes for A.J. - I had many doubts about his talent and while he is definately not my favorite performer, I have no qualms that he could do an adequate job as a group member.

Katelyn could certainly fit in as well but I'm sure she won't get voted in. Nobody has ever voted her in before so why start now.

Jordan would make a cute member too although it would take her a while to get into it. I'm not sure if she's really ready for it although she gets top marks for really trying hard!

Chantel - Chantel has been inconsistent for weeks now. She nailed it last week but now this week another blooper. No way. She's not ready. Sadly, she may get in by popular vote.

Morgan - One word says it all - Overdone and I'm sure he'll be back on a reality talent show coming to you soon.

Summary:

Who do I want to get in? Dani, Katelyn, AJ,
Who do I Think will get in? AJ, Chantel, Dani

Spinning

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-06-03, 01:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
1. Danielle -- Excellent. By far the best performance of the evening. Glad the judges gave her the praises she deserved. Sounded great with the group.

2. Katelyn -- Her best performance. Sounded good with the group too. Didn't think she had it in her.

3. Chantahl -- I actually liked it. I do think her song got the whackiest choreography and they all looked bad doing it. She did not however, sound good with the group tonight. It wouldn't be a travesty if she made it as I do think she's been solid overall though.

4. Jordan -- Loved the performance as a whole. Not perfect vocally, but it was lighthearted and fun. She'd make a good supporting singer in the group.

5. AJ -- Liked the dancing, hated the singing, voth the way he sang the song and the way he sang in the group. I just don't think he sounds right with all of them, I thought the whole thing sounded off.

6. Morgan -- Thought he was awful, but sounded better with the group than AJ.

RonniLee 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-03, 09:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-03 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

Morgan: I didn't think he was that bad, it was a bit overdone, but I actually liked his SONG the best-he got a good one.

Danielle: Vocally, the most talented, but I don't think she is very marketable..She bores me. Voice is clear but not a whole lot of range or richness to it.

A.J: Thought he was good tonight, liked the energy and charisma..a little akward with the group, but overall thought he blended in well.

Chantel: Didn't hate it, but didn't love it. She does look gawky with her dancing skills, and her voice has always been either off or on. Too inconsistant.

Jordan: Blended in the best and had the best stage presence. Her voice is not fully developed giving competitors and edge, but really enjoyed the performance as a whole. Terrible SONG.

Kaitlyn: I don't understand the hype-thought it was terrible. Her voice was all over the place, but to her credit, she seemed to have given her all.

Want in: *Jordan, A.J., Danielle
Who will: *A.J, Danielle, Chantel

GDonatello 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
Really wanted Jordan to shine but I don't think she pulled it off.

Dani on the other hand might have. She showed new capabilites with her voice last night. And she does have the heart as was pointed out so much last night.

AJ performed OK but his voice sucked. Next. His father still looks like satan.

Chantele appears to be a crowd favorite. Not mine though.

Morgan can rock. He had a great song too. Too bad he looks like a 42 year old guy in a 13 year old's body. He doesn't fit in. His brother went from cute to annoying all in less than a minute.

Katelyn *yawn* - boring as you put it Ronni. Her sister on the other hand. Where was she during rehearsals? I liked her.

My choice is Danielle. I think Chantele will be chosen though. Either way, I will not be buying any of the CDs. I draw the line somewhere.

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
8. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
the really intersting part of all this is on this board on others people are commenting on how Danielle used a different part of her voice and how it benefited her and might finally get her into the group...Dani had no choice. She's got a major cold and that was her "real" voice up there. So where on AI2 when Josh got a cold and stumbled his way thru a song, Dani actually seems to benefit from it. Its about time SOMETHING went right for this girl.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-06-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 8-5 JUNIORS SHOW"
Chauncey had a cold on "Moon River" when he was voted into the group, maybe colds are a good thing for the Juniors.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •