The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

CDawg 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson"
The next time Debbie Gibson gets hit by a truck let's hope the truck backs up to finish the job!

It's become evident to me that the Panel tries to pop the crowd with the wittiest comment about the performance. It seems to me that rather than give constructive criticism on what they should improve upon they look at the applause from their comments as their own individual applause.

It seems their are only a couple of kids they will be constructive with. I really don't think it's fair to be real with 1-2 of them. There are several kids that have yet to hit the top spots that needed points on what they need to work on.

Their "each of you are perfect" comments creates a very unrealistic element to the show. They don't need to be Simon with their comments but they can be constructive.

The kids goals are to be stars. Why can't the panel really help them by telling them what they need to do to make it? It's unrealistic to tell the kids they are perfect week in and week out.

Get rid of the panel if they can't be realistic with them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson managerr 08-06-03 1
   RE: AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson CDawg 08-06-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-06-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson"
I don't know if they say "perfect", but they often say "you were good", when they really weren't. I do think it's in that they are not allowed to say certain things like you can on AI.

But I still think that the comments of Debbie and Gladys blow away Randy and Paula on grown up AI. I'd take those two over Randy/Paula any time.

CDawg 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
2. "RE: AJ's Panel - Debbie Gibson"
Good point about Paula and Randy. I thank the effort to be nice on camera does each contestant an injustice that wants to succeed in the business.

The comments should start off with "work on this" not "you are going to be a star some day". Has anyone told Morgan once what he needs to do to get into that top 3? They only tell him that he will succeed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •